Are there any good car cultures?

It sounds like every single popular car and automaker has an awful fan base.

Fans of the god machine.

This is why I look for the unpopular cars on the same platforms that can use all the same performance aftermarket.

example: Want a 79-04 Mustang but hate the fanbase? Ford Fairmont is your answer.

shit like that. Makes for interesting sleepers.

Surprise, the idiots talk the loudest. Only really cancerous scene I can think of is g35/350z, good luck getting any performance info out of those vapelords.

Despite what Veeky Forums will tell you, Miata owners are the most chill motherfuckers you'll ever meet (although some NA owners are) . It's not a cool or particularly impressive car but great to drive so you don't have retarded 16 year olds who know jack shit about cars shitting up the ownerbase.

>hurr durr hairdresser fag car lol
This is exactly what I'm talking about with people being retarded 16 year olds

What's to hate about the foxbody fanbase? It's mostly straight line stuff but there's good info everywhere you look.
>79-04
What

>(although some NA owners are)
Are cancer*

The Fox platform spanned 79 to 04. The SN-95 was more of an update than an entirely new chassis

Popular means it has a large fan base and a lot of those people are trying to fit in. Of course every popular vehicle has shit people who own them and like them.

The Mustang was based on the fox platform from 1979 until 2004. 1994+ models were restyled and updated. It wasn't a new platform though. Ford couldn't afford to make a new platform. The money to develop a new RWD Mustang platform had instead been ear-marked for the FWD Mustang replacement, the Ford Probe.

ford badge literally ruins the look

It looks like some jap supercar but oh no its american muh ford muscle

literally the most cancerous fanbase. Every G owner I've met vapes and has tattoos and puts shit tier "jdm" body kits on their cars. Some even have gtr tail lights. When asked about performance its "muh drift" "muh cornering" and "muh luxury/VIP G"

I literally want to slash the tires of and pour sand in the gas tank of every G owner I come across. Even if it's completely unmodded I know that itll be sold used to some fedora edgelord vape fag that will eventually mod it, so better to kill it off before its exposed to the inevitable fucktarding that it will receive.

Thank god nissan went with the Q line and made those fucking cars less riceable.

Go to autocross events.

Most of the shitters disappear.

>all this edge

lmao

>ford gt
>japanese supercar
In what fucking way?

>cross shopping the BRZ, Camaro V6, FiST, and Miata
>haven't even considered the WRX because of the owner stereotypes

Are the owners really that bad? I'd prefer an Evo but good luck getting RHD insurance in Onterrible

Sorry kiddo, but the G owners are the ones with all the edge

It literally looks nothing like an american muscle car. Look at the hellcats or the corvette, then look at the abomination that ford produced. Looks like some chink shit straight from gook land, it should have a fucking hyundai badge instead of a ford badge, looks like a goddamn evolved genesis

>This is why I look for the unpopular cars on the same platforms that can use all the same performance aftermarket.
This works a lot of the time but there are times when the cars in question you want don't have sister cars not in that fanbase. So you do have to deal with it.
Examples: Pontiac Fiero, Chevrolet Camaro/Pontiac Firebird (pre-zeta chassis), Nissan S-chassis cars, etc.

They're either hella swagfag annoying cunts

Or super autistic no-fun-allowed and equally as annoying

Okay idiot

all WRX owners I've met have been sperglords. Most notable was a guy I worked with.

>would constantly stare at you without saying anything
>would always act like he was right and you were wrong even if it was just something like talking about the weather outside
>couldnt carry a conversation for shit, would give one word answers then stare even if he was the one that initiated the conversation
>would only really try to talk to girls and it would devolve into him staring at them and then following them around the office

He was just weird, wasnt even anything about the car, was just a sperglord

okay champ

this post just exemplifies how much a bunch of insecure manbaby faggot miata owners are.

MINI clubs are usually breddy gud, even if they don't attract many wrenching types.
The MINI club in my city literally just goes on cruises for ice cream every week, and they play tag with little business cards by sticking them under each other's wipers if you see someone parked.

inb4 cuck car

Go to an SCCA time trial or a drag night. Enjoy the brotherhood, and watch as they chase away the little dick swag fags who think their car justifies their no skills having, shit talking.

this

Drivers that actually drive their car instead of using it as a status symbol are usually much cooler.

Toyota corolla, hands down

You can't be full of yourself when your car is that slow, and the aftermarket is obscure and only applies to a handful of models (mostly older) so you don't get as many kids who got a car just because they needed a car and decided to rice it later.

a real human being

and a real hero

Do I need a roll cage? My AW11 is stock but it might be fun

(You)

Roll bars are required for open topped vehicles, and that's it. You can rent a coupe from Hertz and run it in an autocross event if you wanted.

Miata owners are very insecure you notice this by then telling you how very secure they are and how much they don't care and how you're an idiot for passing up this car obviously you did it because you're insecure

They have a habit of being very full of them selves and pretentious .

>being this delusional
the ownerbase is already shit up by 16 year olds

It's funny because this is post is exactly what you're accusing them of plus an extra free strawman.

Who gives a fuck about fanbases. Enjoy the fucking car for what it is, not a person who drives it.

t.assmad miata driver

t. gondola

I don't get it

While the culture isn't a huge part of owning a car, it's a part of it and effects your ownership experience. It determines what the online communities are like, how helpful/fun they are, and the kind of people who inquire about your car IRL.

I am the only person that i have encountered who gives jaguars a bad name. aside from the old person car meme, people like jags and the drivers arent generally complete dicks. also not a lot of modders

Associating with other people is a terrible idea.

>tfw no Scooby
>tfw you will never sit in a circle in an empty parking lot with a bunch of WRX and STi owners and pass the peace vape around

Bus rider culture is good?

I've noticed the coolest people are the ones who aren't necessarily loyal to one brand or one type or car, but rather can appreciate different cars for what they are. They don't look at the badge and form an opinion based on that, they look at everything that makes up the car. You'll always have stancefags and Corvette vs GT-R people, but then just the same, you'll have people who can appreciate a car for what it is.

I kinda wanna get a jeep, but I dunno. I hear a lot of shitflinging back and forth from all the Off Road guys
>jeep sucks
>nu uh toyota sucks
>nu uh Land Rovers are garbage
>muh dodge
>muh chebby
>sfa vs ifs

etc. current experience tells me toyota's have a habit of rotting from the inside out.

Judging cars, I would say Mustang drivers are the most likely to drive rambunctiously. Even Ken Block. All the gear heads that own them pretty well just wait like ticking time bombs until they drive crazy, over every generation of the car.

Twingo cabriolet honhonhon