Purchasing my first Ferrari

Hey, Veeky Forums, So in 3-4 weeks I'm closing a deal on this baby (Pic related)

It's going to be my first Ferrari and I wanted to ask a few questions for Ferrari owners here, how much does maintenance cost per year? I've got around 10K$ for it yearly, is that enough? Also the car is in absolute perfect condition, a bit skeptical about the idea being a Spider instead of a Coupe but it's the best one on the market in Dubai at the moment (And ALSO a 2009! ) So yeah, the car with registration and insurance is going to cost me around 100K$

need general advice, what to do/not to do. I've already driven it and I love it. I already own a 2011 Golf GTI for daily use so this is only going to be a weekend car. Thoughts? Ideas? Where to park it? Would people Key-it just for the fucks of it?

>ferrari Veeky Forumswners
Topkek

There is actually one user with a grey 430 but idk how much he posts. Have fun nigger.

This is pasta you peanut

lol not really. I'm literally a few weeks away from buying it.

Yep, same as the guy that was buying a Maserati the other day, with exactly the same story. Maybe you are just lazy brothers?

don't really have any idea of what you're talking about. I'm just here for advice.

>Spider

Heres ur problem

Is the scuderia/challenge stradale outside your budget?

You buying it from Al Aweer Used Car Market?

>Ferrari
I guess if you want a big sign on you that says 'i'm an idiot' go right ahead.

>Maintenance cost
A lot

>General advice
Come back when you have it, and you can give us some.

No one here owns a ferrari, most people here don't want to won a ferrari.

Yes. Scuderia is an extra 60K (AED), which is around 20KUSD or something. and honestly enough is enough on a car! I know its my dream car but I can't find a cleaner version other than the scuderria and there's only one.

Is the Spider really THAT bad?

No, fuck Al Aweer, private seller in Soufouh, I saw another few in Ras Al Khor but they're not as good as this one.

watch out on your meme game there man. I've done beyond research and spoken to 6-7 owners of 458s and californias, im just here to get Veeky Forums advice.

>I've done beyond research and spoken to 6-7 owners of 458s and californias, im just here to get Veeky Forums advice.

Then why are you asking for advice on an American board of people who mostly drive Japanese economy cars?

Because there are people here who drive various kinds of italian sports cars, including this one. I'm waiting for them, not you to question what I'm doing, jesus fuck.

I've driven a California, it was shit. Not that quick, transmission was fucking terrible, sounded good though

Californias ARE shit. F430 is where it's at, that's why I'm buying one. A 2013 California is in my budget, I hate it.

send money back to india.
stop wasting it on shit.

Make sure you buy plenty of fire extinguishers

well its not bad, but the regular version is better

I'm from lebanon.

?

Why? why is it bad to get a Spider?

generally speaking, the convertibles are heavier, less rigid and as a result arent as sharp handling wise compared to the normal cars

I see.

There's an awesome coupe that's in perfect condition aswell but it's a 2006!!! this is a 2009, isn't that much better?

Not really, the 430 didn't change much through its manufacturing run. The biggest changes really are that from 2008 and onwards they got slightly more reliable headers and carbon ceramic brakes came standard.

You're just paying for a bigger number on the registration

Hahahahaha hahha you're so stupid man either you're a troll or a total ass. You say you did research and talked to owners already so you should know the answers to the majority of these questions by now. And as one user stated above this is an American board that mainly drives Japanese econoboxes. You'd have better luck on a fan website or dedicated forum.

I do believe there was someone with a 599.

>believing anything you say

I hope OP is cleverer than that

Is Dubai like the San Francisco or New York of Arabia? Lebanese and others from the rural side make their way over just for work?

?

That's better. Al Aweer is just shit nowadays. Good luck friend.

Dubai is kind of like LA with no gangs around. Also some places in Dubai looks a lot like Vancouver.

I guess I meant in terms of economic influence more than what it's like to hang out there. Never realized that people would migrate all the from Lebanon to Dubai but now I realize that's only a bit farther than from the Midwest to California

>?

You deserve what's coming to you, dumbass.

If you got a salary of dhs 3K(which is considered a nice amount) you can pretty much live of on your self decently. Prices for commodities vary from place to place. There is a significant amount of crowd everywhere. For a common man, hanging out in Dubai is all fine and good until your money gets over(that happens fast). Cost of living is going above every year(more like every month).

Actually you can find a lot of people from every part of the world. Literally everywhere. All these are my opinions.

We all ride the bus. We don't even have civics.

>ferrari
>not a manual
Gtfo filthy casual.

>sour grapes

Most Ferraris and supercars for that matter aren't offered in Manual.

Shitposting aside, ferraris are unreliable. The way they are built, which is gloriously stupid, makes them burn into dust.
Why not get a porsche instead? Youd get much more for the price. Youre paying for the name basically

Major service every 3 years, $3500 and up
Top mechanism actuators die alot, $2-4k for repair
Instrument clusters on the imperial cars revert to metric sometimes, $2k to be sent out and reprogrammed
Sticky interior is guaranteed if it hasn't been fixed yet, cost depends on how much of it you fix and IDK anyone that fixes it outside the US
F1 actuator will eventually die, ~$3k replacement
F1 clutch can last between 3k and 20k miles depending on how you drive it. Never drive slowly in reverse or be hesitant on a hill in 1st. Replacement with a new release bearing and potentiometer is ~$6500
Other somewhat common problems - A/C compressor, exhaust bracket cracking, any seal/gasket can leak at any time, rollover valves, that's all I can think of off the top of my head
Let's be honest though, you aren't buying the car, there's 5 of these threads every day and it never happens. Are you content now knowing how Veeky Forums would react if you actually were?

Was wondering when you'd chime in, being one of the only people here who can help

>instrument clusters on the imperial cars revert to metric sometimes

lmfao, is this actually true? why the fuck would this happen?

>Ferrari 360

Literally the plebbiest Ferrari ever made.

Have you driven one? They're completely shit, I drove one around a race track so I imagine it's even more shit on normal roads. You can actually count off the seconds from pulling the gear shift paddle to when the gearbox actually changes gear since it isn't a dual clutch.

They're also owned by plebs because it's the cheapest ferrari you can get.

So? The 430 had a manual option. That's all that matters. Driving experience > numbers on a piece of paper.

That's a 430 you fucking imbecile

What is the mileage on it? 10k per yr for maintenance seems sufficient if you are buying it from a reputable seller and have it inspected by a mechanic beforehand.

If the service record is impeccable then I would go for it. On parking just keep it in a garage obviously. It's very unlikely to get keyed though I don't live in Dubai so can't speak for how it is there.

Post pics when you get it and give us reports every once in a while on how it's going. Beautiful car but it will require a lot of upkeep (like most Ferraris).

Because burgers are not supposed to drive soulful cars.

>plans on buying ferrari
>hasnt bought a stockpile of fire extinguishers

It's definitely true, we don't know why it happens. It was actually a big issue for a few people selling their car because it has the changed number reported on carfax looking like you drove 10k miles in a year, and if you change it back then you have all the "incorrect mileage reported, changed" etc. that can scare off a buyer.

buy a porsche you fucking retard