minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5690231885.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5717064319.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5717661276.html
victoriatx.craigslist.org/search/cta
boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5706585442.html
boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5651573962.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks OK i think.

And it's really hard to fuck up a old Tacoma.

No way to know for sure, ask for when you can come and check the car out. If he's weird about it, something is up. But still go check it out.

Also ask him the trim and all the features it has. Write the features down.

Things to check:
Run hand where diffrent parts of the body meet. If the car has ever been in an accident, you will feel uneven edges, since no body shop in the world can complexity restore a car.

Check each and every part of the car for rust, see how much there is.

Check how bad the tires are, that may be a cost later down the road.

Open the hood, check the engine bay for all tampering, check valve cover removal by checking for grease around the nuts, if there is none implies changing of internal engine parts like chain or cams or whatever.

Check under the car, for dripping etc, and maybe around the car if it was dripping somewhere.

Basically check everything.

Then test drive, if no test drive is allowed, turn around and walk away. NEVER BUY A CAR WITHOUT A TEST DRIVE!

first, before starting, on battery mode turn on a few accessories radio, blower, etc, see if the battery is in good condition. Ideally all battery accessories should work without being dim or slow or whatever.

Then start the car, see if the starting time is long, now listen to the engine, maybe walk outside and listen for weird noises.

Start the car by putting it in L not D, see how the car feels in low. then 2 and whatever other gears are allowed, then drive and see how well it shifts.

Also test Reverse and neutral.

Neutral is important, drive the car on a clean road, to a speed, put in neutral and coast. DO NOT PUT THE CAR IN GEAR WHILE IT IS MOVING OR YOU WILL FUCK THE TORQUE CONVERTER!!! SLOW DOWN AND STOP AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THEN PUT IN DRIVE AND LEAVE. DON'T EVER EVER EVER PUT A COASTING AUTO IN GEAR

The purpose of this test is to hear drive components at speed while the engine is on low

Than you very much for the tips. Do you have any knowledge of the 2.7l engine? Stuff I should look out for there?

It is a toyota RZ built with mostly Steel and iron parts. It was researched along side the ZZ series, but for higher output tasks.

It is a tank of an engine, and will probably be the last thing your Tacoma will need fixed.

Only advice on the engine is to check for tampering, toyota engines are bullet proof, but don't really LIKE being messed with improperly

I'm only suggesting that, since he said he wanted to cold air intake it, which first off doesn't do shit, but second it implies he likes armature tampering.

Anything else?

How come the torque converter will always get fucked up? For example the benz G wagon's manual states that when changing in between the low and the high gears, the changing could be done whilst moving and when the gear is shifted to neutral.

I'd snatch it up. 207,000 miles isn't much for that truck, but it's getting up there for an automatic transmission. See how it shifts, should be smooth and not make whines or bangs/ clunks.
That's a great price for that truck if everything seems to be in good condition.

Idk what the G wagon transmission is like, but that sounds like it's saying it's ok to change gears while moving like L to 2, and it's ok to go out of gear while moving.

The above is OK for most cars. I was gonna say every, but maybe not, i tested every car.

The reason the torque converter gets fucked, it's because of a sudden change in force in the transmission.

The torque converter has two main parts, the turbine and the pump. When the engine revs, the turbine turns because it is connected directly to the flywheel. The turbine forces fluid to rush around cos centrifugal force, the fluid at high speeds has a lot of surface tension, like falling on water from a good height is like hitting concrete, same idea. The fluid forms almost a connection between the turbine and pump and turns the pump with the engine.

When the engine is at low idle, most of the fluid doesn't have the tension to turn the pump, but the turbine turns freely. This is why autos don't stall when stopped in gear, and why they creep forward when out of gear.

The pump is connected directly to the gears which are connected to the wheels, except when in neutral. Park the wheels are connected, that's why they don't spin when you let off the brake.

When the wheels are spinning at a high speed, and you take it off neutral, the engine returns to idle. but the pump is turning faster, the pump however slows down with the engine since the engine is formed a seal with it until lower speeds are achieved. However if you put it in gear while moving, the pump immediately spins really fast driving the turbine turbine takes time to catch up. but in that time when they have significantly different speeds the pump or turbine take IMMENSE force they aren't designed for, and you can bend the vanes.

This is very simplified, i didn't talk about the stator or other parts either. But the torque converter is what goes if you go neutral to in gear while moving.

Looking at these two.

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5711907865.html

phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5708759884.html

Honestly probably the white one, just so I don't spend as much, but is the supercharged one worth it? desu i don't know much about miatas

swmi.craigslist.org/cto/5713659927.html
Why?

>Toyota truck

I think you already know the answer.

Any modified cheap thing that is now up for sale, be it mosin or miata, you want a good hard look by a reputable mechanic who knows what he's looking at.

Non modified, unless it's been treated like shit, is a miata, hard to go wrong.

Dodge caravans are probably Chrysler greatest achievement.

If that this is really what it is said to be, i would have a good hard look at my life, then a good hard look at that van.

Because women are twice as likely to be pedophiles but never prosecuted.

They really needed to try putting that 3.8l V6 into something smaller and lighter. Caravans were great, tons of power for what it is.

i don't know any mechanic that i can take with ;_;
fuck, not worth it then?

It's a risk is what i'm saying.

It's still worth checking out, but modified vehicles are always a mixed bag.

They only ever intended it to be an upgrade from the Mitsubishi V6

Thoughts on this? I've tried looking into what could be causing the ticking, could be a multitude of things but it's all repairable and worse case I have the engine rebuilt. I know a bit about Gen 1 4runners and know that the 85s are the best.

butte.craigslist.org/cto/5691079637.html

True tbqh famalam

$2800-$3300

newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/5702648153.html
>inb4 automatic
The guy drove by today since he's local and it seemed in great shape

grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/5700133247.html

Y/N? Dude seems knowledgeable but I just don't know if I wanna drive the two hours for what is probably the last manual m5 in this state. Should probably just call the guy and ask if he's down with test drives or what.

Ayyy.

Worth driving to get 100%

>hard to find these 4 cylinder automatics
Who the fuck would be looking for these in the first place? And no I'm going to say nay. 208K on a auto tranny. Lol issues all over it

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5712257464.html
It's a 2 hour drive away, but I've never even seen a shell going for this cheap. I emailed the dude asking for VIN, more pictures, and a bunch of other questions before I decide if it's even worth a trip to see it, but haven't gotten any word back from him.

It's not a shell it's a whole car.
Shells don't have motors. This one does. Also it's 600$ what else do you want to know about it besides if the car is in his name?
If it runs?
If it doesn't how come?
Are the tags good?
Is it smogged
Only questions you need to ask imo

Nah, I meant that even shells around here normally go for over $1k, so it just seems really odd that a whole car would be this cheap.
And those are pretty much what I asked.
>I'm poor as fuck, so $600 is about all I have right now.

Ahhh okay. It looks like that thing doesn't have a plate. Might be on non op or it has a million dollars in fees
If you only have 600$ I'd buy a Honda. Not a supra m8

Only have $600 at the moment, but I don't really have bills to pay for a while, so I was gunna start saving up to get a Mk.III to wrench on. So seeing this I thought I could just get it and start wrenching while saving my money for parts and such rather than saving more for a car itself. Got a ZX11 for transportation right now, but figured it was finally time for a car, and the Supra look is 10/10 in my eyes.

Sounds good to me then if you have no bills. Keep at him if he doesn't respond he's not looking to get paid then. Or isn't serious.

Looking at these

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5690231885.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5717064319.html

Tell me which of these is less dumb.

The jeep

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5717661276.html

Tell me how stupid i'd be to buy a car without a title.

Whats a fair offer

Tell me about staturdaynight

who is craig

YES

I was about to make a new thread but just saw this one, I have about $5000 to work with if y'all could help me look
victoriatx.craigslist.org/search/cta

Really the only big preference I have is not a fucking pick up, of course I'd love a rwd manual that isn't falling apart but in this shithole of a town I don't know how likely that'll be

I dont hand out fire arms to just anybody

I have about 4k im willing to spend.

i like this e39 but the mileage is high, i dont have much in the way of a repairs budget but i hear 99-04 series didnt have a ton of problems.

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5706585442.html

My other option and what ive been leaning toward for a couple months is the 06 scion xb. Im only concerned about the power and road noise... i really like the space inside though. and the look overall.

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5651573962.html