Ugly Ducklings Turned White Swans

ITT: Cars that were considered to look shit when they were first released, but have slowly grown on you.

E60 M Sport trim with shark fin looks the shit in my opinion, but I thought they were fuck ugly when they first came out.

KYS
they are still ugly as shit

The 90's were a rough time for the way American cars looked, but this is ok now.

I like the "get the fuck out of my way poor people" aesthetic to it, even though they are cheap as chips. Plus when they are in silver it hides the admittedly ugly headlight shape.

never will that look good

As an american, I still don't like the looks of this thing.

i don't think i'll ever get over the head and rear light shape
it just ruins the whole car, even though the body over all isn't as bad
same for the W210

I always liked them. 5 liter 540hp V10 in a 4 door sedan, pretty cool. Like a street legal, family oriented F1 car alternative.

Plus it makes a godlike sound.

Too bad upkeep/fuel costs were astronomical and we never got a manual in the UK.

The Camaro stopped looking good after 1973. It has never recovered.

507hp*
but yeah they're not ugly at all, imo.

the lt1 front end looks so much better than the cat fish.

That happy face really doesn't fit that furious wheel spin.

Didn't that car have atrocious reliability? SMG transmission and engine.

Since it's essentially supercar dressed up as a family car, everything is expensive. Look up the price of brake discs and pads for them, for example.

I get the feeling if anything went wrong with the engine you'd be looking at idiotic money, but given the E92 M3 has essentially the same engine minus two cylinders and people report they are decently reliable, who knows.

I see them quite frequently in shitty garages in bad shape, it's a shame really. Guess people can't afford to keep them.

the engine is reliable, the smg not so much.
The biggest issue was the pricing on parts

>EVERYTHING MUST LOOK ANGRY! MY MINIVAN CAN CHIRP TIRES, WHY NO ANGRY FACE?

Are you a modern car designer by any chance?

New Mazdas

you posted the wrong one

Yes it does, it looks like it's saying "Ehehehe, look what I'm doing"

Instead it looks like a smug catfish

>lt1
>catfish

No

I believe the Pacer has yet to become pleasing whereas this has started to age juuuuuuuuust right.

Thebwhole quasi-retro thing in the 90s and early 00s has its charm I guess. Even the PT Cruiser isn’t that bad.

reminds me of bucktooth safe space sally from carl the cuck and aids skrillex encounter

monaros will never die motherfucker

Some cars you just dont’ want to mess with.

Theres just something about cars from that era.

I agree with this. Styled WAY above their pricing

I don't get the hate for the 996. It aged well imo

Funny, that gen of 5series tail lights are one of my favorites.

What do you do for a living that you can afford that while being young? (I assume you are)
Lithuanian here, and it's pretty tough

It's fucking awesome, but pigfat when compared to this.

Based AF

>It's water cooled? Muh heritage for air cooled.

Yup, BMW ages like wine. First bangleism was shunned, though I admit I love it now.
I mean, the kidneys and the mug of BMW was not rivaled since forever.

Audi has better looking cars now, overall. But BMW is BMW.

With time I am becoming a believer in newer models. (post Claus Luthe).

1st of all I don't own an M5 like in that pic, mine is just a diesel
I started with my first car at 17, slowly saving up and buying better and more expensive cars and I've been working abroad in the UK for some months now so that helped too, so now at 20 I had saved up just enough to afford a 7k € car.
It's my 8th car currently, have had 6 bimmers, an audi and a Merc

Still my least favorite mercedes design

>I thought they were fuck ugly when they first came out.

I feel the same way about the e90 (the pre facelift to be specific). I just love those big taillights...

Non M trim is a shit.

>The biggest issue was the pricing on parts
This is always the problem with BMW. The solution is to buy aftermarket parts from the OEM suppliers to BMW. You get exactly the same part with out the BMW badge and tax.

BMW likes to mark stuff up %400+ it is delicious.

While that's true, it's not much different even with the more common garden variety manufacturers. Buying OEM aftermarket is usually substantially cheaper (sometimes four times cheaper) than the factory part from the dealer.

4 times is the low end for BMW.

I was looking at AC receiver driers for my E36. BMW is $180
OEM is $30

friend owns one of these. it's his DD and somehow i'm jelly.

in Real life these things are swag as fuck