/parag/ - Paragon General

Aboriginal War Criminal Steel Edition

epicgames.com/paragon

>What is Paragon?
Paragon is a new MOBA by Epic Games. Powered by Unreal Engine 4, the game possesses most of the trappings of other MOBAs: 5v5 objective-based games, heroes, lanes, towers, minons and so on. With a a sci-fi fantasy feel to it, the game is available on PC and PS4, featuring cross-play and cross-progression. It is currently in open beta.

>What's special about Paragon?
Similar to SMITE, Paragon uses a third-person behind-the-back camera and WASD controls instead of a top-down view. Unlike SMITE, this game takes full advantage of the Z-axis: you can aim up or down and there's multiple levels of elevation. In addition, Paragon uses a card system, which is, for all intents and purposes, a player-customized item shop for individual characters that you build before the game; cards can only be earned with in-game currency, meaning you can't buy power.

>Do I have to unlock heroes?
No. Like DOTA 2, all heroes are free to everyone. What you can purchase with in-game currency is a character's Master Challenge, which essentially lets you unlock extra skins, taunts and boosters.

Matchmaking Reseed: epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/matchmaking-reseed-redux

>Popular Decks
agora.gg/decks;sort=-votes

some math on Hydroverser for those looking to use it in caster decks

bump

bump

bump

thanks I guess

It's still shit because mana is a near useless stat, you only need a few points to avoid being oom between recalls, not including blue buff. Also your damage decreases every time you cast making having a huge mana pool pointless.

if you have a hydroverser 9 card points worth of perfect mana adds up to just about as much as 9 card points worth of energy damage iirc.

>mana is a worthless stat on casters

not even including synergy cards you have to know how stupid you sound.

more like dead thread edition

bump

I wish I could contribute, but I don't know what I'd even talk about. I just shoot stuff with Murdoink

bump!

I'm going to stop making/ bumping these threads.

If they can't exist organically then I guess the Paragon community just isn't ready for a General.

I think people aren't aware the general is a thing yet. Plus, the game is still very much a work in progress.

I agree, but we did have 3 730+ post threads with 130+ unique posters

Traffic will definitely fluctuate but for a while these threads didn't need to be bumped

I thought if i just kept the last two bumped the traffic would continue but things kind of died out

Hydroverser is not worth its point cost unless you build a huge mana pool (greater than 10 points) to really build the bonus damage, which no intellect caster really benefits from. The benefit of mana past just a few points is completely marginal, and at that point Hydroverser just becomes a cost-ineffective way of building damage compared to just putting on normal cards, given its high point cost and decreasing damage bonus the longer you stay in the field (and staying in the field for a long time is the only benefit that can come of a large mana pool.) It's a gimmick meme card.

xth for 20 losses in a row.

New matchmaking is a joke.

Post webms.

bump

ded general :_:

:/

It'll be back. The game has to get big first.

Maybe when the new update comes out we'll have more to talk about. They promised it would be big.

lmao the thread keeps getting bumped off past page 10

Veeky Forums moves surprisingly fast.

page 7 boys!! new milestone!!

dead general

the next patch is supposed to be big? what did they say

Travel mode changes.
Orb prime most likely getting another nerf.
Khaimera buffs

Y'know Epic

It'd be hilarious, call it the Khaimera patch
>they buff travel mode instead of nerf it
>they lower OP's health down to 5k, lower its damage
>buff Khaimera's damage, health regen and scaling abilities

allegedly they are removing travel mode

BAMP!

Is energy pen and phys pen penetration of energy damage on any armor or is it penetration of specifid energy armor/physical armor? I'm starting to think it's the former because in the card builder for mages only energy pen is recommended whilst the latter makes more sense so I'm confused.

bump

Penetration applies only to your damage. Putting on physical penetration as an energy damage hero does absolutely nothing. You don't even interact with the defending hero's physical defense stat.

Wow, that's confusing.. Oh well, thanks for the answer.

You sure?

bump