/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Dwight is charging up his mori edition

Previous Thread >What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Wiki: deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.1.1b)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/359547436764977226/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=altbHU8I3TU
strawpoll.me/11279313
dbdhacks.net/en/how-to-hack-bloodpoints/
twitch.tv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dwight gun when?

flashlight nerf when?

youtube.com/watch?v=altbHU8I3TU

serious bullshit

New General name for when F13th and Last Year come out
strawpoll.me/11279313

Kys fucking Chringy ass music

not my video mate

recommend muting it desu

does demonstrate that the killer now has to hide from the survivors now though

I hope all my killer bros are closing the lobby if they see a flashlight.

How hard is it to infinite at the suffocation pit window ( the non rng one )? I've never tried it.

I've been equipping lightborn 3

it's been OK so far, but I've not had more than one survivor use a flashlight per game so far

incredibly easy

you literally just run in a circle, vaulting the window

if the killer changes direction, you change too

because of the distance of the walls alongside the vault window, it is literally impossible for the killer to catch you, as long as you change direction when he or she does

don't forget to t-bag ;-)

Na I was just wondering if facecamping this guy was legitimate. Never used infinites so can't tell wether I dun goofd or justified.

Is the base yellow flashlight that strong too? I know I wanted the flashlight to actually be useful other than for farming bold points off bots. And I'm glad it gets used for what it's supposed to be used for now, but they overdid it, they need to tone it down but still make it possible to save people from being carried (not hooked) since that was the whole point of the flashlight to begin with.

I think I'll just keep dodging and equip a more useful perk. If I get meme'd on once with that shit I'll have to uninstall the game again.

dbdhacks.net/en/how-to-hack-bloodpoints/
Reminder if you don't do this, the frogs win.

UKfag here

>pre patch
Could find games absolutely fine, click join lobby wait a bit, re-click ready a few times, 2 man SWF group was also fine

>post patch
Click join lobby, leave it in the background for 10+mins, might find a lobby might not, SWF doesn't work for shit since it just searches for 2 seconds and boots us back to the main menu

these devs fucking blow

Wonder what the devs gonna do with the bots and pointhackers, now that the Jew shop is incoming.

Ban them of course, losing a large chunk of their remaining killer population.

>Ban them of course
Funny Guy :^)

But that requires actual working solutions.

Playing without deerstalker sucks

Also, fuck the hatch.

I'm starting to hate my fellow survivors more and more this patch. they're all bigger dickheads than they were before and it's just ruining things. I'm calmly walking to the shack basement as the killer leaves it. Dumbass comes sprinting from the direction the killer just went into the basement, unhooks, they both get downed and hooked. Every other game at least this happens. People don't wait for the heartbeat to go away, they don't walk, they don't give a shit they just want points.

They sprint over to try to be mlg with the flashlight during the hook animation and either don't make it in time to save, but make it in time to make the killer stay near the hook, or they somehow can't aim and the same happens.

It makes me not want to run the unhook and altruism boost perks but what else is there that isn't cancer.

>take away the ability to see survivor auras when they are being healed while using deerstalker
>top it off with reduced recovery time
>let survivors see whenever the killer picks up a survivor from across the map

I mean... I... what's next? They'll fix Iron Will?

guns when? I feel like this game misses that evolve feel, even if we're getting closer :)

Someone make /dead/ or /ded/ work

They are coming for us Billybros. The deerstalker nerf and speedy down recovery wasn't enough for them.

"our stats have shown hillbillies kill a lot more when using the chainsaw, so we're balancing it"

50% chance of chainsaw only injuring incoming

>360
>behind him

This was all the same match
A majority of the time, the same guy
This is ridiculous

When you got a flashlight or pallet save, it was a fantastic feeling because of how hard it is to get.

Now any youtube kid can do it.

What's the point of hooking anyone when this can happen 100% if the time?

>watch bahroo
>he shows off a hole in the wall that you can just walk through it next to one of the two asylum windows
devs will probably open up the map editor to fix this but they sure as fuck won't actually fix infinites

Infinites take skill. Even a rock can be an infinite if you're good enough. Stop complaining.

Don't Encounter Death general

Cool ideas for next patch

>Survivors spawn with guns (but only one magzine, balance!)

>perk allows sabotage to work on basement hooks

>Killer movespeed nerf, it's too easy to catch a survivor on open ground

>traps have a 50% chance to trap

>hooks have a 50% chance to hook

there's a 5% chance Billy's chainsaw will get on fire and explode killing him, use your chainsaw in moderation wisely!

When they said that I cried.

If you can use a rock as an infinite it isn't because you're good. It's because the killer is fucking terrible and can't hug the rock properly.

>Killer now has HUD marker, some players don't know how to read the audio cues and it's unfair.

>Survivors no longer make sounds when working on generators.

>New survivor perk: Unplug the killer's monitor for 6 minutes each game

> New toolbox addon: Sabotage the map design.

>New flashlight addon: Blind the devs to the community's complaints.

>New skeleton key addon- "The data": Opens an escape hatch from any argument regarding game balance

>Not equipping turn control add-ons and moon sawing into survivors

>New toolbox add on: Bug fixing
>Lets you destroy any argument by calling it a bug fix and spamming adapt

>Killers have never been buffed!!
>Smug survivor main posts the tiny changes to killer perks that were made
Why is this allowed? An extra second off insidious is a hugely useful buff now?

>A Survivor just pulled himself off a hook and escaped

KILL ME

all killers are hook campers so insiduiouoiuus was a massive buff

>asylum
>rusted chain
>chainsaw a survivor down
>charge away to another gen
>he's already up before I could even turn back and check up on him

that better been a styptic, but even then... what the fuck

They doubled downed recovery speed because survovors weren't having fun

I know but, holy shit... I pray to god that it was just some guy using a styptic.

You guys are thinking about the game wrong. Killers aren't supposed to be the bad guy. They're a tour guide through funland.

>Group of SWF Abuse infinites and flashlights
>Teabags all the time

Felt good to leave the game.

No, I was watching a stream yesterday, they recover that fast. I don't even know if the chains apply to downed recovery speed at this point with how fast they were healing.

/dead/ = /delusional expectations and disappointment/

>Implying Insidious is ever useful for anything besides griefing

Perks in this game seem to flip between "worthless" and "must have" with virtually no middle ground.

Why the fuck would I run Monstrous Shrine if it only applies a 10% modifier to the basement hooks?

Why should I use We'll Make It when the killer gets a notification of exactly where I am when I unhook and stopping to heal is basically just hooking myself?

Meanwhile, Self Care basically negates injuries (making Iron Will a wasted slot that could be used for Self Care) and Iron Grip lets you actually take survivors to hooks.

Any killer complaining is just bad. I'm a rank one killer and I get at least two sacs a game.
>B-but muh flashlights
>Killers are too retarded to check around a hook before hooking
Just admit you want easy wins.

Chains downs don't seem to effect downed recovery at all. Just the healing.

I like it

/noed/

We'll Make It is actually pretty fucking good

t. survivorcuck

t. Whining killer bab

It's never been about it requiring skill, you fucking mong. Hitting rank 1 killer is unbelievably easy.

The problem is that fighting high ranked survivors is not even remotely fun in any discernible way because they have endless swaths of stupid, broken bullshit they can exploit to make your life a living fucking hell and you have to play an incredibly specific way to do even remotely effectively in that you have to prey on the fact that NONE OF THEM are scared of you, NONE OF THEM respect your tools and what you're capable of and they're always going to be suicidally altruistic. The survivors feel zero threat from a 9 foot tall literal monster man.

It's a fucking horrible direction for the game and the devs seem to be 100% fine with it, and, in fact, encourage it.

>Twitch cancers get moris

which one was it though?

>Rank one matches are meant to be challenging, thus proving you worthy of being rank one
>Gets upset when challenged at all
Nice

do you want vid?

You missed the point entirely.

Nice bait though. You got your (You).

Thanks, I've just been repeating the gist of multiple steam posts.

Was only curious who, since it's too small to see in this webm.

That wasn't actually even me. I was going to say something to that effect but he did it before me.

But yeah it's never been about killing them. It's totally possible. It's moreso about my enjoyment while doing it and it's rarely ever worth actually bothering.

It doesn't help that most high ranked survivor players are the most foul shitstains I've ever had the displeasure to interact with

Yeah what the fuck, US here and can't find a game to save my life.

I feel like I shouldn't have downloaded the public beta patch.

>Computer runs most everything fine
>Try F13 virtual cabin
>Makes my computer start to chug, have turn down effects but otherwise it's at least playable
>Devs are actually acknowledging the bad optimization
Well that's better than DBD at least

Wait what head skin is that?

twitch.tv
/coletank85/profile
faggot doesn't back up his past broadcasts so

I hope people realize that as a Killer main... I WANT to be outplayed. When someone jukes me and I lose them, I'm frustrated, but happy. It's a challenge. It's fun. He's outskilling me and I can improve.

The issue is that right now, juking doesn't matter. Survivors have no fear. They don't NEED to juke when they have mad cheese to throw in the killer's face. Selfheal, Sprint Burst, Infinites, This Flashlight shit and a couple other things make the Killer fear the survivor more than the other way around. The fact that Survivors can stand in front of stairs or doorways and block the killer is retarded.

In what world would Dwight be able to block off The Trapper? The Trapper would push him over and walk past him.

Meanwhile anything good to come to the killer is nerfed. Anything useful or OP is shot in the head while Survivors S T I L L have the same infinites since beta.

I want to be outplayed. It just doesn't actually happen as often as it should. Most Survivors that win are not outplaying me. They're running in circles teabagging while radioing to their friends to finish the last generators.

>twitch cancer sitting at the exit t-bagging
>chainsaw charge right into him as he tries to run out
>retard misjudged the distance where it triggers escape
>mori him about a foot away from the escape line
wish I saved it.

mori?

How are people even playing, I can't find a game period. Stupid fucking beta patch.

Hownew.ru

by playing the killer

>tfw they died in rank order

but im not

Doesn't seem to matter, can't get games as both. I think I am just gonna go back to the normal patch.

you realise they patched the live version, nobody is playing the beta anymore because it's the same as live now

Nope, did not know, feel bad for that one guy who was in my party.

Did not see any info on this anywhere.

you didn't notice the patch notes announcement?

Yes Mori. It is the first name of this guy named Povich. He sends people up into the sky to let the Entity test if they are his biological child.

You don't have to heal them under the hook, you have 90 seconds of the buff. Just walk (hard I know) away from the hook a bit then heal.

Switched the regular build but still not finding matches...

matchmaking is going to take longer but is entirely intentional according to the devs

add on that allows you to execute survivors

Mori refers to burning a memento mori offering and killing a survivor without a hook

He probably got his fun pip. So in his mind he won.

I had a Billy surprise me today as I was standing at the pallet. He just completely turned around and started walking backwards towards me. I was so confused that he managed to land a hit on me before I decided to throw down a pallet. God damn amazing.

>running from killer
>vault over window with him on my ass
>he hits my toesie woesie as I jump through
>downed on the OTHER SIDE of the window
>next game
>running from killer
>put pallet down
>he swings
>I somehow get downed yet I stunned him and the pallet is down

Which one is it starbreeze, DID I jump through the window and escape the killer or did he fucking down me 10 seconds before the animation even played. Did he get stunned by the pallet and I escaped or was he within striking distance on his screen.

Fucking bullshit hit boxes are literally killing everything I enjoy about this game. I'd be fine if the animation played because then i'd know, "alright he got me fair and square" but its not fun when he puts my pinkie or the sole of my shoe as i'm jumping over a fucking window to escape and I get downed ON THE OTHER SIDE

Cancel that, I messed up the duration.

I'm playing in the 10-20 range at the moment, and it isn't too bad.

The catch is, killer perks don't scale like survivor perks do. High level survivors are disproportionately powerful.

Since the game's based on slasher films and the idea of an intimidating killer that's incredibly difficult to defeat, this shift in the balance breaks the tone slightly.

The end result is basically a bunch of participation awards for everyone. The Killer is almost guaranteed to either score a kill or a pip. A survivor player has a roughly 1-in-2 chance of making it out.

I guess Killer player just want more opportunities to KILL, you know? That gives Survivor players more opportunity to actually...survive?

I've had a hell of a time on both ends. Lots of good games. I've had fun. I'm still going to play even post-patch, even if they don't fix the stupid balance. I'll keep playing Killer, even.

Thing is, the game's not living up to its potential. That's why I'm complaining. Hopefully Last Year or F13 will make it work.

You can dead-angle through the window with your swings, I'm able to do it semi-consistently.

Pallet drops you can hit a survivor mid-animation, they don't go down until the animation finishes.

I hate being that guy, but [s]git gud [/s] if they're that close you're basically fucked. I'd complain more, but window swipes are the only way I can consistently interrupt infinite jukes.

Too many perks on both sides are useless.

>It's another rank of unrelenting on my new bloodweb
JUST

This so much. The game was way more fun when everybody was lvl 20 and had no perks. The perks themselves are basically just gimmicks

>Unnerving presence and Distressing 3 by level 10
Wake me up

BEFORE YOU GO GO

>Another rank in enduring
>No iron grasp by 20
Can't wake up

I keep reading people complaining about matchmaking, about not finding a game, about broken auto-ready system, about OP flashlights, about no killers to play against, etc, etc, etc...

And I'm sitting here all confused, because I don't encounter anything of it! Seriously! I don't have any problems with the game at this point. Even trashtalk from survivors post-game doesn't happen as often as people here describe it.

So, I, without sarcasm, want to genuinely know, if some people of this Veeky Forums community are just overexeggarating things and whining without serious cause? I mean, does anyone beside me is having a great time with the game at this point?

>Veeky Forums community are just overexeggarating things

This has happened since the dawn of Veeky Forums.

Yes the problems are over exaggerated, but at the same time I run into them still. Its much more occasional if you're at level 1. I'm a level 10 killer, and I've only had like 3/20 matches in the past two days where the survivors were spamming infinites and flashlights.

I still have a lot of fun but things could be much better

I dropped all my perks on killer, and now I'm just killing and hooking. I had a dream of 4man kills, now I'm just farming bloodpoints. Any strategy/build that had any sense now sucks.