youtube.com/watch?v=Q_6EulG9jMU
youtube.com/watch?v=UMueHc-hD7s
carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/market/20160805-10249479-carview/
youtube.com/watch?v=xTJtrvOQ-u4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm giving out free (you)'s today

Reminder

I drive a miata and I like girls. Fight me

It's glass but the previous owner said not to unzip it so dunno. I was gonna see why it doesn't lower all the way at some point.

Guys I have an issue. My trunk seems to generate water. I've left it open to air out in the hot summer days, and left a piece of test iron in there and it still shows surface rust spots. I'm afraid my trunk frame and floor is gonna rust away. What do?

I need help, he's asking 2500 for it. Is it worth getting a loan for?

>2500
>Is it worth getting a loan for?

Getting a loan
For a turboed NA
Gutted
Kek

I reckon it's a steal. Btw this will be the turbocharged death trap I learn manual in.

I'm serious!!! Kek

albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5702624065.html

It is always a terrible idea to get a loan for a car that is less than $10K

I don't think so Tim.

I'm 24 actually..

Cringefest2016

If that wasn't stripped I'd totally buy it.

Please help me, /mg/
I'm in the market for a new car, and I've decided on a miata. My current car isn't LEGALLY driveable, so I'd rather have one sooner but i'm worried I'm rushing it

Anyways, should I really care if it's 94+ or 90-93? I know 94 is the best, but is it that bad if I get a 1.6? There was a really nice 95 but it sold so there goes that ;____;

Either way, could I ask for some help deciding on my current options?

phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5698477462.html
Looks decent, inexpensive, he says it just has a leak. Is it that easy to fix? Says it's oil pan gasket, and desu i'm not a hundred percent sure on that, or how serious it is

Next is phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5665591761.html
Looks good, but salvage so worries me a bit. Shot him an e-mail asking why

phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5707377462.html
Looks decent, switched crankshaft (not quite sure of the benefits desu), all in all I don't see too much wrong with it besides what he listed

Last one is this, most expensive but it's the year I want the most and supercharged
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5711907865.html
Thoughts? I don't know anything about miatas, or gvery much about cars in general, so I really appreciate any insight you guys give

>no ac
nope
>salvage
NOPE
>1.6
nope
>when the AC is not on the car will not turn off
wat

>wake up
>only 5 pages of threads on Veeky Forums
wut

>1.6
literally not a big deal

it's not, but it comes with all of the other downgrades that the 1.6 brings

also
>$2900
>surprise

>2900
>surprise
what? Surprise is a city here

Hey /mg/ what's your favorite modification that you've done to your miata so far?

is this real

>mazda canada

something tells me it is

>it's not, but it comes with all of the other downgrades that the 1.6 brings

like what? superior dash?
it's not like 1.8 is considerably faster, that 15hp difference is negligible

Found another one, this one seems really nice.
Owner is out of town until the 9th, I don't mind waiting if it's good I guess. Thoughts?
phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5686427135.html

No it's not negligible lol I easily pull on 1.6 miatas in my 1.8. also it's 18 hp and 14 lb ft difference.

Also the 1.6 has less rigid chassis, smaller brakes and narrower wheels. The dash is attractive though I'll give you that

Finally got mine back from paint after a week and a half. Probably going to clear out the drain for the AC reservoir thing in the passenger foot well and put in my new HIDs tomorrow. Still unsure how I'm going to handle the roll bar situation though.

>Miata and a DRZ
Are you a meme master?

I might be. I have a 99 XJ, too.

Both engines are slow as fuck, in the end it doesn't matter if it's slightly faster if it's still slow

>Also the 1.6 has less rigid chassis
that's bullshit, the chassis is exactly the same
however, 1.8 torsen version does have some stronger parts like driveshaft
and if you want to tune 1.6 you want to start with torsen anyway, and for that you need a new driveshaft and a few other parts

>smaller brakes
that's true

>narrower wheels
94+ wheels are still only 6"
you want to replace them 6,5" or even 7" anyway

kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1184049685

Thoughts?

Dope

someone please help me diagnose this sound with my miata youtube.com/watch?v=Q_6EulG9jMU

>24
>needs a loan for $2500

Oh no, gay. It's not like any of you are touching girls any time soon, may as well hop on Grndr and lose your virginity.

The ND should come in all those colors honestly

My cup holder in my NB. It's screwed into the side of the center console, next to my shifter, and folds up. It's pretty cool but I'm considering buying an NB2 center console to replace my current one and get 2 better cup holders

Thanks speedy hairdresser

What is this and what does it do

Couple of questions to ask you guys with more experiences on the Miata than I have

1.)Canvas tops? The current top is starting to get a little ragged. I sprayed down the entire interior with flex seal, and that stopped all water leaks, but I am considering replacing the top going into winter. Is a nice canvas top worth it, or should I just look for a hard top and just keep patching the existing top for as long as I can?

2.)Intakes/CAI, what are decent options for the NA? I looked at pulling the factory airbox and just sticking a nice cone filter on the end, but I can't find any way of supporting it, anyone have a decent aftermarket intake setup, and how do you like it?

3.)Rebuilt/replaced all the HLA lifters to eliminate the annoying ass lifter tick noise. Since I had everything apart, I pushed the timing forward 10 degrees when I re-timed the engine putting it back together. Any other worth wild mods (other than headers) if I don't plan on turboing this thing?

Also, just for giggles, I went to my local pick and pull to nab a few spares/bolts/clips off a '93 Miata they just got. Previous owner must have been a fantastic chap

why is the miata emblem different than the regular mazda badge

It's not often you see a question so stupid that you do a double take.

That was one of Mazda's older badges. The Eternal Flame

whoa weird DAE notice they put miata emblems on all of their cars up until 1997?

smdh famalam

I keep meaning to message that dude on instagram and tell him I now have his Miata's odometer sitting on my desk

Thanks speedy hairdresser

what's wrong with getting an nc club spec?

Probably the garagestar delrin door bushings or jass performance hardtop brackets. Cheap as shit and helps a lot with stiffness.

I'm thinking of getting my first car. Which Miata should I get?

NA or bust, flip up headlights are best headlights

I forgot that I have the door bushings in my car as well. Do you have to close your door firmly to get them to close properly or did you modify the bushings?

Pls respond

Ecoboost ford gt

gm fangirls on suicide watch kek btfo ecoboost

Why ND have transmission problem? Now I won't buy....

1.6 doesn't have a bar from each seat belt tower. It also doesn't have the rear subframe connectors in the back. And a few other things too.

Yeah you pretty much have to replace the diff if you want to increase power on a 1.6. They're super weak and blow even under stock power

This I'm curious too

Not him but yeah the doors are annoying to shut. You kind of have to slam the door

What is expected to see from the oil pressure gauge?

the oil pressure

Mohair or vinyl?

I have to slam the driver side, but passenger is no problem. I think it can be fixed by adjusting the door, but one have to remove the front fender for that, or in other words a perfect time to install fender braces.

Daily Reminder That The NB Is Superior

Daily reminder of no

Spotted this monstrosity on the way to work. Yellow in the back, red in the front, beat to shit all around. And 3 of the steelies were painted to match.

Roof operation override chip for PRHTs. Normally you have to be at a dead stop to raise or lower the roof and you have to hold the button down until it finishes, but this chip bypasses that. Basically I am now as cool as this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=UMueHc-hD7s

Daily reminder he's correct and the NB is better in every way including handling
>muh popups mattering when my car is a bar of soap with no detail at all

That's awesome dude

Hopefully they make something like that for the RF when it comes out.

So I have this issue as well and I figured it out. The gap between the lights and body are a bit off. I would recommend getting caulk and hitting it with that

carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/market/20160805-10249479-carview/

according to this mazda will start producing NA parts in 2017
thanks mazda

>implying that bar of soap doesn't have style in it's own way

it's a classic and it aged way more gracefully

also, i've seen a few people wanting to switch from nb to na, meanwhile nobody wants to switch to nb

though i agree this whole "muh pop-ups" is getting annoying
i wish people appreciated NA for it's actual merits
that it is it's pureness
NB lost that despite being just slightly different and improved

lol at that no fat chicks sticker

I read that the RF roof can go up and down while the car is "moving at low speeds" whatever that means. That smarttop chip (which you can fit to some other cars from other brands) works up to 36 mph. Taking a straw poll of newer cars there's a variety of max speeds for operating the roof (A3 cabrio 30 mph, BMW 2 series 30 mph, Mini convertible 20 mph, SLK 5 mph) but most older cars have to be stopped completely.

On a S2000 you can cut a wire to let you operate the roof at any speed but it's probably inadvisable if you're going fast lol

wait what, s2000 had an auto roof?
i thought it was all about performance, not pointless weight

youtube.com/watch?v=xTJtrvOQ-u4

I doubt the motors weigh much, probably less than the NC PRHT or ND RF mechnaism anyway

yeah, i know it probably weights next to nothing
i just never understood the point of power roofs in a roadster, you can just use your fucking hands and it will be faster
and less strain on the roof too

makes sense in something 4 doors convertibles because you can't reach it, and retractable hardtops are obviously justified too

>according to this mazda will start producing NA parts in 2017
Does this mean next year we will be able to buy a "body in white" NA Miata.

>1.6 with all alum radiator, big swaybar and stock puller fan fits like a glove with a couple small notches in the fan shroud
Not happening with a BP.

B6ZE
>lighter
>smoother at high rpm
>smaller package
>cheap to replace, mine was $200 with trans
>oil outlet for turbocharger from factory
>less emissions bullshit

BP
>noticeable increase in low end torque
>better flowing head
>???

Most of you complaining about chassis rigidity haven't even driven both much less owned both. Stock for stock the NB is more of a noodle than a hardtop NA, even then the difference is negligible. That and NB's are ugly smushed toad faces whereas the NA is a classically styled throwback to the lotus elan. People see the NA and say "hey cool car!" when they see the NB they think "eww couldn't he afford something nice?"

Lol wtf that's my car

>I've never driven an NB
The NB has drastically better driving dynamics on top of everything else, there's nothing "pure" about the NA besides just being older.
>also, i've seen a few people wanting to switch from nb to na, meanwhile nobody wants to switch to nb

Good sample size.

>Stock for stock the NB is more of a noodle than a hardtop NA
Complete lie
>even then the difference is negligible.
Backpedaling
> That and NB's are ugly smushed toad faces whereas the NA is a classically styled throwback to the lotus elan
STOP HAVING ACTUAL DESIGN ON A CAR, EVERYTHING MUST BE A GENERIC BLOB
>People see the NA and say "hey cool car!" when they see the NB they think "eww couldn't he afford something nice?"
Is this honestly what you tell yourself?

The '94 1.8 still has the turbo feed outlet

Also who cares about smoothness or size lol. Emissions is removable. 1.8 is better dude.

Does the 2000 1.8 have a turbo outlet?

>implying nb isn't the "i wanted a newer car but i'm too poor to actually afford the newest generation"

by the way, there is a good reason why mazda was saying they are going back to the roots and referenced na so much

nobody fucking cares about NB
funny that car which supposedly has no design is way more memorable

>lighter
not much, negligible
>smoother at high rpm
yes, not only it's smoother but it actually likes higher revs and has higher redline
>smaller package
also negligible
>cheap to replace, mine was $200 with trans
that's true, but it's a bit harder to find performance parts for it
no that they don't exist
>oil outlet for turbocharger from factory
1.8 does have that too if i recall correctly
>less emissions bullshit
>caring about this

overall i'd say 1.6 is not bad, especially if you don't care about acceleration and prefer a more rev happy engine with smoother power curve

otherwise just get a fucking 1.8

Form over function guys, CMON

No I think they stopped after 94

>higher redline
"no"

the NA is like 20 years old, narrower wheels? almost none of them are on stock wheels

>People buy the more expensive, objectively better car
>N-no, they're the poorfags not my stupid ass who refuses to acknowledge facts

meep

>Bought a 90 NA last fall for $1000
>Hadn't been moved in 2 years and had SNC failure
>Engine and tranny swap four months ago
>New brakes and tires shortly after
>Driven 2000 miles since without issue
>6hr road trip planned for next week... twice

I'm really hoping my Miata holds up. As great as it would be to drive a convertible at the beach all week, it would also suck a whole lot to breakdown on the side of I-95. Wish me luck, miatabros.

I'll ask again in this thread cuz I didn't really get anything in the other one.

Would an NC PRHT be a good daily in Wisconsin?