/scg/edg/ Star Citizen: Elite Dangerous General #58

Never Forget Edition

Last thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

Citizencon countdown:
>timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?p0=137&iso=20161009T15&msg=CitizenCon '16

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe" rumours persist it is with evocati now.
Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=soR5XR5Sybc

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/14525-Helios-System
youtube.com/watch?v=gNKlyaGiBXg
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13266-Letter-From-The-Chairman-19-Million
youtube.com/watch?v=fDROliuDczo
gamersnexus.net/gg/2613-chris-roberts-on-star-citizen-procedural-planets-alpha3-citizencon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

best ship

xth for Confirmed best ship.

bugfix already reee

What are some good hardpoints for the Vulture? Using C3 gimballed pulse lasers right now, great for shields but lacking in armor damage

He's not wrong.

still more than what you do in SC

elite has clearly defined gameplay, SC is some kind of wishy washy pipe dream

pulse is just fine, you don't need to wear down armor, just target powerplant

>Falseflagging the post
Thanks for coming out the woodwork now and saying you consider SC a pipedream after 58 threads. I'm sure you're a genuine poster in our comfy spess game thread.

Shit what is ltd piracy and how can vision destroy it?

I asked how....not when. We all know fun is against the forum dads i mean vision

actually I'm from SA and Derek paid me 5 dollars to post this here and on reddit

muh alpha

Because it's still in development and they have yet to implement them. But when they do, they'll be a hell of a lot more complex than Elite's.

Everything CIG has released is exactly as it was described when they first announced it. I wouldn't call it a pipedream when they constantly produce results.

post your favorite system
I like vz corvi. Don't even know why, just find it comfy

not an argument

Basically, in systems with specific conditions, there are transporters (usually type 9s are chosen) which carry low temperature diamonds, you can interdict and pirate those for all they're worth, two of them can fill a cutter most of the time, and then you sell off those diamonds for 15-30 million, it doesn't need you to jump 50 times like sothis does

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/14525-Helios-System

Because Waterworld/Interstellar.

youtube.com/watch?v=gNKlyaGiBXg

Because Alien.

:)

R E K T

LTD Piracy is fun

inb4 'b-but Roberts never said development with additional features would take longer'

Invalid counter argument. The Q4 2014 release date was the estimated release date for the original concept of the game back in 2012. It was never concrete to begin with. As funding kept pouring in, much more than the original game would ever need, Chris held a poll in 2013 and asked the community if they would like to see the money be used to vastly expand the game's scale and scope. The community responded with a resounding yes. This obviously meant that development would take much longer, but most backers are fine with them taking the time they need to have the game fully achieve its potential. We get to see each step of development from concept to release, and we get to play every version of the game since the pre-alpha hangar module, so it's not likely we have to blindly trust CIG.

You've lost all credibility because you clealry are out of the loop with this game. You can't accurately pass judgement if you haven't done your homework user.

Ah you beat me to it. Do you have the link for that poll still? I can't find it anywhere.

he actually didn't

the release date was november 2014 + 12 months for unforseen delays

then it was 18 months

then it was 2016

now it's 2016

not an argument

>tfw forum polls invalidate contractual obligations
nuttier than a payday

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13266-Letter-From-The-Chairman-19-Million

These goons are making it too obvious.

actual best ship

Right, before they drastically expanded the size and scope of the game because they received more funding than they would ever need to make the original concept for the game. The backers wanted it, CR wanted ot do it, so the decision was made.

Bigger game=more work=longer development.

Best ship.

>Contractual obligations

Which are? Backers are nothing more than donors who received game packages and ships in return as a sign of generosity.

It's not like they promised a space sim and decided to make a moba instead. It's still the same game at the foundation, just with a lot more features and content.

still not an argument because they don't even have half of what the original pitch promised let alone what the expanded scope would include

and it's the current year

the current year and they don't even have content enough for the original pitch

>Backers are nothing more than donors
retaaard

Squadron 42 is complete, just needs some finishing polish. That's literally one of two games that were promised in the original pitch.

>Squadron 42 is complete, just needs some finishing polish.

I have a hard time believing that.

>find the perfect system
>interdict specific haulers
>enjoy 150 diamonds that sell 50k a pop at black markets

if you do it in a wing you can even get trade dividends

I'm the shillest shill who ever shilled and I have a hard time believing that.

Your point is? They need more time to make the game. I don't see that as a bad thing, and I don't mind waiting until 2018/2019 so we can get the game he wants to give us. They're doing things what were thought to be impossible. A game that doesn't want to settle for lazy industry standards and wants to push the standards for what modern games should be is a game I'm proud to back.

they're not doing anything that was thought to be impossible, they just suck and have spent years faffing about because they don't know how to be organized and didn't plan ahead, and still don't have a plan outside chris roberts stupid face

>waaahh waaaaah pirates shouldn't make money

or some shit

cue Fdev nerfing the hell out of all black markets so that they buy shit for only 25% value because LOL fencing

its true

but its an actual game

My bad a stand corrected, it was a misunderstanding or a mistranslation on the point of an interview CR had with a German journalist.

CR clarified to say Squadron 42 will be content complete by the end of the year, and depending on how much polish is needed it will either release at the end of this year or early next year.

>still don't have a plan outside chris roberts stupid face

Tell me more about his face

Tech difference is accurate, but LoD community numbers are extremely exaggerated.

Chris is such a qt

this is my only chris face

Makes me wish i had friends.

Also thats awesome they fixed trade dividends. They were broken for quite some time?

I know this guy has probably had a rough life so it doesn't feel right to laugh at him, but holy shit this is cringeworthy.

Guys how cani pay on bpd for sweet discounts?

m b homie, clicked wrong post. this user is blind as fuck today.

Fucked up a second time. Shit your eyesight goes when you're tired.

New interview, cool. Thanks user.

>Shit your eyesight goes when you're tired.

Well yeah, it's your body telling you to get some fucking rest.

Wait, did they actually nerf the blackmarkets?

gamersnexus.net/gg/2613-chris-roberts-on-star-citizen-procedural-planets-alpha3-citizencon

No, it's about 90% original value.

Piracy, smuggling and black markets need to be revamped. Most mediocre implementation I've seen of these systems before. One isn't worth it gameplay wise, and isn't even worth it RP wise. The other two are just trading without being scanned.

Interview with CR from earlier this week

>For the CitizenCon demo, though, a special planet has been created for a “Homestead demo.” This planet is more Earth-like in its biome distribution, containing forests, oceans, mountains, and deserts; the Homestead demo won't see inclusion in 3.0 and is purpose-built for the CitizenCon unveil of Planets V2. Roberts elaborated:
>“Sean [Tracy] is working hard on it with a bunch of talented people, so that's [how] we're showing off the potential of V2 planets and some of the cool stuff and play action that can happen in 3.0. We're […] taking one of the missions that's in Squadron 42 and showing how that would feel, from the briefing, to the ship, to taking off, to the mission, and the combination of flying and FPS stuff, so those are the two things we're going to show. We're going to show full-focus this is what V2 planets can do for you, then this is what Squadron 42 is going to feel like and play like, and this is the experience of a mission in SQ42.

"This is the first time we will show more complete gameplay. We showed last year at CitizenCon the walking around, talking character stuff, but it was very early. Our character tech has come on -- if you look at that and quality of characters compared to last year, it's night and day. I truly feel like our character stuff that we're showing is best in class at the moment. We're going to show a more complete: Here you are, you wake up on the ship, you get your briefing, do your mission. This is what one sequence of events, or what we call 'chapters,' of the game would feel and look like.”

What about ftroops abortion of a game doesnt need a revamp?

Are cannons any good in Elite? I want to get away from boring multicannons and lasers.

>SQ42 mission
>Homestead

HNNNNNNNNNG

So obviously SC has this head camera thing like Arma so where the head is is what you see
Is the vision stabilization just going back on that and making it work like other games?
You'd think it would be kind of important for the VR stretch goal

The short answer, no.

God damn just do a movie interview layout where it's one head at a time

Redpill me on the 3pv/1pv animation nonsense.

Why does it take so much work?

1) They have the mo-cap data of a player reloading.
2) Why is it so difficult to broadcast 'display player 1 reloading' which tells everyone's client to show their reload?
3) Display the 1pv animation from pressing R to reload / display the 3pv animation to everyone else.

I think they want to avoid this entirely

>Display the 1pv animation from pressing R to reload / display the 3pv animation to everyone else.

This is exactly what they were trying to avoid.

Crouching Tiger, hidden Hornet.

They're keeping unified first and third person, the stablization tech simulates how your eye autofocuses on the horizon and gets rid of the Gopro on head bouncy effect

Hullo

Well most games have a "view model" and a "world model" for held weapons
This means when a player peeks over a ledge, on his screen you might see the gun aiming over it no problem, but on others you can only see his head (the place bullets actually emit from in most games)

It's kind of bullshit outside of an arena/quick respawn setting and some slower games do what SC is doing

But showing everyone else what you're doing won't display some weird bug. That Crysis guy only looks like that because it's single player and they wanted a quick solution. Doesn't change my suggestion being simple.

>guy 1 reloads
>he sees the animation from the 1pv mocap data
>pressing R updates the server data
>guy 2 gets to see the 3pv mocap data

Honestly, why is this so hard? Unless you want to do stupid leaning around walls like in your gif. It's simple, just make a player have to actually lean.

>player 1 'reload while leaning right' animation, etc

Sounds like a big fuss about nothing.

boarding parties in star citizen when?

>Won't display some weird bug

I said they want to avoid it entirely, as in not even have it part of the animations.

Need all the component damage and data spike missile shit first

>elite has clearly defined gameplay

It does though, clearly defined pain.

It may be shit, it may be torturous, but it is clearly defined.

Damn, the goons must be going nuts with all these hand gestures

Some Minority Report shit

Don't bother responding to this guy, he's pretending to be confused and will still not get it no matter how well it's explained to him because he's just baiting

Or he just hasn't played many shooters/sims?

Or you're just a retarded avatarfag?

I'm not actually that guy I just miss the cancer

Like if Aquilafag was gone

>aquila poster vanish
>white poster vanish
My heart couldn't take it. Don't say that kind of thing

So it's confirmed that the final game won't have all planned star systems yet.

As long as they'll keep adding the rest for free I'm okay with this.

All recognizable posters are attention whores who might as well be avatarfagging and are no better than Confusion.

I didnt think so but thats because the ai can dodge them fairly easy.

May need to bust out a gunship with them and try again

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lazy shit, at least use different screen grabs from the same video so the photos on the sign are different

dumb spacefrog poster

>how to make maintenance literal hell in three easy steps by the UEE
I guess it makes sense that the military has overpriced overdesigned trash that's unlikely to last a single patrol though

Who cares when you have Tevvie slaves to do it?