/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Failed to understand the utility of an item that's been in the series since the first game:
>Vicar/Redditslayer Event
pastebin.com/RMGciAGD

>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

First for Chen.

first for anime

The new miracle is actually a ring and not a disk. Looks like the symbol of the Way of White and should be found inside the Painted World.

What if the symbol of the Way of White is actually the bowl Lloyd is looking in, but seen from above, from his perspective? If I remember, when the original picture of the boss was shown, the translation said that he was peering in a black liquid?

Hail Satan.

Why is it so hard to hit someone with magic?

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>fails to innovate
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC actually won't save it

YO never late WADDUP

PC FC
Pass: dsg
Signs: pic related

I'm sorry

it makes no sense for Lloyd to be shoved into a Painted World with all the anti-god artifacts in the world

it makes no sense for Velka, his enemy, to protect him from you

Just one more sunlight medal

So how is the Abyss Watchers set? Including the sword and such, I really like them but are they actually good for PvP?

Because rolls are free

>it makes no sense for Lloyd to be shoved into a Painted World with all the anti-god artifacts in the world
Wasn't there a lot of Velka related enemies and gear in the Painted World of Ariamis?

What's your opinion on the Black Knight Sword?

>summon embered sunlight red
>pop a seed

>better moundmaker than moundmakers

Nice game

Vincent you're kinda lagging for me m8, am I on your end too?

>shortest game in the series
>getting the shortest DLC in the series

thanks FROM

I took an exile through iframes so I'd say yes

I have to agree. I don't care for peeve much, but the bloodshade thing was a pretty proactive responce to a problem invaders commonly face.

Minus the shitty peeve fanbase and the edgyness, it would have been a fun idea for beating gankers.

Peeves fanbase is insuffereable though. The vicars should be a welcome challenge to them as a fun 3v3 engagement, but they seem like pussies.

>implying velka, a god that was locked away because they were too op would be a normal looking human

>go back to playing DS1 again after playing DS2 and 3 for Months
>it's strangely comfy in a way the other two aren't
Gosh, I just love Lordran. I think that both DS2 and 3 are wonderful experiences., but there's just something about DS1 atmosphere that is magical. One thing I'd say that might be "better" about 2 and 3 is that while Lordran is cool and interconnected, it also kind of feels less like an expansive adventure the same way DS2/3 do.

>Velka is actually the Dark

here's evidence of the vicious vicars hunting down innocent bloodshades

>including the sword
The memesword is fun but expect every non-shitter being able to parry it.
Armor soesn't matter as long as you wear a full set.

DEM BLOODSHADEZ DINDU NUFFIN. DEY WUZ GOOD BOIS , HUNTIN' DOWN DEM GANKS N SHIEET

jesus christ vincent.

do you live in zimbabwe or something?

It's because each place in DaS1 doesn't just tell something about its area, but also something new about the game in general. In DaS2 and DaS3, there are a lot of areas where the only lore it tells is about itself and not the game in general. Think about Earthen Peak or the Catacombs of Carthus in DaS2 and DaS3 versus something like New Londo where, even though the place has its own lore, it shows what the Abyss is about and Kaathe's stake with the endings of the game.

Memesword is for ganks. You spam it and stagger invader for 1-2sec while other three phantoms mash CCS R1

It rained earlier today

That's all I have to say :^)

painted world is velka's turf. btw, you did find a gold coin there

>turn friendly fire on
>dumb Vicars will kill each others in first minute of fight

The edginess makes it more fun to grind them into the dust. I'd figure most of them know to take it ironically but it also serves as a beacon for people who'd take it non-ironically.

It gives the opposing groups some identity and a sense of belonging. I had good hearty laughs watching Peeve's video of the Bloodshades pretending to be Batmen. Just some good fun to kick life into the game the multiplayer of which had gotten stale already.

>Some CE kid at pontiffs
>Uses a script that turns every single hit into a backstab no matter where it came from
It feelsl ike DkS1 all over again

how many times you gonna post that

Why Bloodshades invading as reds?

>Invade as mad spirit at pontiffs
>host and phantom teleport me and two poor aldrich faithful to them and chain backstab us for 10 minutes before cursing us and the pointing down.

fixed that for you

well? did you get good?

Keep summoning SL120+?
y/n

That's one thing that DaS1 did right, the atmosphere of wandering Lordran and the mysticism of exploring the ruins of a one-proud nation is pretty much Shadow of the Colossus levels of immersion. The other two games are not bad, but they lack that feeling of actually being in a once-living world.

yeah, and Velka was very much anti-god

her rapier is Occult, you find her crow demons guarding the Dark Ember, which makes occult weapons, and she's described as a "rouge goddess."

Lloyd has absolutely NO business being on her turf

How does one git gud to people using cheat engine to teleport backstab you from 300 feet away?

I tried to run away, but they just kept teleporting me back.

I don't mind myself, it's just an FC.

y

y

red flags for a broken man

that means nothing, finding spare change is to be expected when tons of dudes are getting tossed in there. lloyd's face was on all the money in Lordran

IsSpEffectParamEnabled 0

>tfw 50 tabs of dark souls stuff
>tfw actually excited for the dlc

woooooooooo

>pre-DLC patch will fix nothing
Reality

>! HUMANITY STOLEN !
is this the generic message that pops up whenever you get cursed? I don't remember this

But only two bosses.

only happens when you get hacked

>excited for a tiny shitty DLC who's sole draw is a meme arena

Who /Bloodshade/ Here?

why is Brendan Fraiser so frequently paired with the JUST meme?

It's an unused status effect in the game files that's leftover from DaS1's cut content. It just pops up when you get hack-killed because some forms of sillyscript literally trigger every single status effect in the game, even the ones that do nothing, just to make it harder to be immune to it.

>there hasn't been a patch in about a month now
>even the last patch was after two months of no patches and barely changed anything beyond fixing Leftoc

I wouldn't mind a lot of the problems of this game if I felt like they actually were trying to fix them.

And? AotA had 4, the 2 dlcs together will be as big or bigger than AotA, that adds up.

Is there a watchdog for das3? Sorr to be retarded but i dont use cheat engine at all.

AotA is pretty small though

I have to agree. Especially since a lot of the lore concerning Earthen Peak/Harvest Valley had fuckall to do with the rest of the game and it felt like a larger batch of gameplay was intended to be there but was lost. The lore about Veinydick / Old Iron Nig was somewhat interesting but while the concept of being lost in a whole dead Kingdom as opposed to what's essentially one city, it felt a little too disconnected as a whole.

The DLCs were better since they weren't as short as the individual main game locations and actually formed coherent wholes.

Dark Souls 3 does it a little better since the game feels much more like a real adventure and "tighter" in a way since you know your mission from the start and what's along the way is basically padding to build up into the game's conclusion emotionally like they did with Anri and Aldritch. The environments look, sound and feel "right", it feels like a really grand adventure.

But Lordran.. I think one of the reasons why Lordran in particular feels great is because how focused and developed it is, like you said. Every inch has history and lore which ties directly into the main story.

they're too busy making Miyazaki's new scifi soulslike game to bother with DaS3. Like how BB sapped resources away from DaS2

>this thread and the previous one both have my webms
>neither of them was made by me
proud as fuck 2bh

not that I know

Dark Souls also had more base game bosses

AotA was also only one DLC, not two

! HUMANITY STOLEN ! is the mark of an old, unused Red Sign Soapstone effect from Dark Souls 1.
It was an effect that decreased your level by 1 when you lost a duel, like in Demon's Souls.
Because it was never finished, it decreased one of your stats without actually decreasing your SL.
So it was possible to stunlock people with infinite flame surge dragonslayer arrows and decrease their SL120 character down to SL10 stats.

This also happened on PS3. One dedicated madman found a way to cheat this shit on PS3 and also curse you.

Because he is absolutely wrecked, financially and job-wise. He doesn't get any roles anymore and doesn't even have the money to pay child support.
He is not even a terrible actor, it's just that the last few movies he was in sucked absolute ass and people will connect these movies with him and so nobody wants him to be in their movies because people wouldn't take the movies serious

Dark Souls 3 is a bit better than DaS2 in this sense

In DaS3, you have Catacombs/Carthus play into Farron and the Demon Ruins, which in turn have connections to Lothric by way of the Bridge Demon and, Lorian going into Izalith and BTFOing the demon king.

Similarly, there's the heavy connections between Irythill, the Profaned Capital, the CotD, and by extension of this, Lothric

All of the Souls DLCs have been good. Even DaS2's DLC were better than the steaming pile that was the base game.

cozy little heide knight

He will always be Rick O'Connor to me :(

and George of the Jungle

So what platform do you play on /dsg/? Feeling lonely here on PS4.

man, the original Mummy was so good. Never liked the sequels, though

what THE FUCK are those pillars
I remember DaS2 being uglier than 3 and even 1, but holy shit, I didn't remember THIS

>hating on the only good game in the series

*Connell
Fuck me

Reminder:

PC FC
pass: dsg

who cares if it's good if it's barely anything?

I was expecting substantial DLCs to offset the fact that DaS3 is the least ambitious and the smallest of any of the Souls games

Would you buy a DaS4 without Miyazaki?

>Carim is filled exclusively with backstabbing, selfish, nasty cunts
>is also the only kingdom from DaS1 to survive all the way to DaS3
what did Miyazaki mean by this?

i love you scas

this is beautiful

and good job on the nose

Shouldn't you be back at /y/?

That's at the top of the lighthouse at Heide's
The place you can't access with CE and can't be viewed from the interior, or even from close-up under normal circumstances

His shit got fucked

DaS3 Carim and DaS1 Carim are very different. DaS3 Carim feels more like renamed Thorolund.
Vinheim and Catarina survived too, except their cultures haven't changed.

>are they hacking?
>no. just organized
are Bloodshades really this bad?

it's the top of the lighthouse, it's not exactly accessible. in fact, you can see some pretty ok stuff in places the player would never see

>But Lordran.. I think one of the reasons why Lordran in particular feels great is because how focused and developed it is, like you said. Every inch has history and lore which ties directly into the main story.
And the big problem with DaS3 is that, since it's a world where "the lands of the Lords of Cinder converge", that means there is no consistent story to follow per area or with the game as a whole. You can't really say "what's the relation between Anor Londo and the Catacombs of Carthus/Farron Keep" because those lands just recently moved there. In DaS1 and DaS2, the lands weren't really in the middle of a shift, so even if some areas of DaS2 were disconnected, you could still make some ties between them especially with the map found in Majula.

Not in DaS3. How did they become the land of the faithfags anyway?

>Catarina survived
it did not, Siegward is a resurrected unkindled like the player, the kingdom itself is ash

plus, Carim was always WoW territory

Don't forget that the DLC will be half the size of Artorias DLC.

>Not in DaS3.
Eygon is a huge asshole, Carim Knights are still as dickish as ever. No, his voice doesn't make up for it.

>carim
>dead by 3

Only Astora is confirmed to be gone, don't think there's anything stating how the rest is

>Lloyd has absolutely NO business being on her turf
Carim guys have apparently always said Lloyd was a "derivative fraud", i.e. not a real god. Now he's disappeared in DaS3.

Velka is a rouge goddess, Lloyd is a rejected god. They go so well together.

VINHEIM
Also, LOTHrIC
LOrdran
THorolund
drangleIC.

Forossa is also stated to be destroyed in DaS3, but I think it already was in DaS2.

Fucking Ehrenburg, I fall for that BKGS R2 each time even though it's the easiest attack to avoid.