/rlg/ - Roguelike Gneral

New Demon release adds more Sanctums: demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/DgMUcs32
loom.shalott.org/learndb.html#hyperbolic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im 12 and whats an U

Looks like a Jinx palette.

Like teen titans jinx?
Yeah I can see that.

>peanut untouchable

Yeah, her, although her dress is more black than I actually remember. I wonder what other palettes may be references. I wonder if there is a Hsien-ko jiangshi palette.

>There is , but you cannot anymore.

A tale of six million truths

the worst kind of feel

I feel like my kyboard is broken.

nth for
WHO /orb/ HERE

Oh goddess. I know next to nothing about nethack and am still amazed.

What does the adventurer do after he leaves the dungeon with the orb of Zot?

Try (and fail) to readjust back into a normal life.

Can i use Cblink outside of my LOS if it's explored space? I got nightstalker as a Ds after i discovered Cblink, and it'd suck if all that exp was wasted.

No.

Fug. Is normal blink limited by LOS or will that still be decent?

Of course it is limited by LOS.
How many things can *target* out of line of sight?
None.

Fucking FINALLY.

Fuck Occultist, glass cannon deathstab Rogue is the way to go. Once you're past the early game it's a one way street to oneshot-ville.

>Win
>Yes.
grats lad, still need to win IA myself.

>Asari Manguard
>Incediary ammo with a heavy pistol
>Double biotic charge
>Fire combos with charge to make big bada boom
>Constantly charging around with 200% recharge rate, exploding everything
For as barebones as this game is, its pretty fun if you manage to scrape together a build that doesn't just shoot the dudes.

why would you need a keyboard for that
why don't you just copy-paste the post number

In order to prepare my spirit and soul for the intense tribulations that the path of the pharaoh asks, I will start with a slightly altered challenge. Most of the same conducts as true MuMo but playing as a MuCk with access to (non-rod?) evocables. That will surely make it easier on me and tarnish whatever possible glory I might scrounge up but hopefully Xom's famed capriciousness will even the odds a little bit.

>CK ghost with chaos weapon camping the lair 1 level right next the lair staircase

it's weird how different the strengths of various class-specific powers are

biotic charge is great and you can do well just by using it
tech armor is great. permanent 50% damage resist when maxed out, but you want some other option to kill shit

invis is awful and mostly useless
if you get the duration upgrade at least you can use it to leave cover and run at a nemesis who's bothering you or somethign

it's still good and not a waste

do a couple levels of D and come back, it'll probably move

cTele

I've read that felids keep gaining extra lives after XL27, they just get "stored" and you gain 1 of them after you level up again from 26 to 27.
If so, does this mean one could (theorycrafting here, getting to late game is another matter entirely) scum ziggs/abyss to gather a fuckton of extra lives and make the late game actually doable by a Felid? I mean, 26 to 27 is a no-issue in extended, especially in ziggs.

Is there even Ctele in crawl anymore?

0 plus x is still 0 for x=0.

if your character can clear ziggs it can win lategame

yeah but you've have to do zigs as a felid

I pay the price for my hubris

Is there any roguelike where i can play as Jerry Seinfeld?

>scum zigs to do lategame
Sure user, but first you have to scum Vaults to do Lair.

Here's your (You), you filthy animal.

What is PCB's font? I almost want to print those on a shirt
Cyberdemons, aka the most dangerous non-unique monster

what game is this

PCB has any font you want to use.
I just made that image in paint though, since I don't actually use font size 232.
It's one of Deja Vu Sans Mono, Liberation Mono, or Ubuntu Mono, probably deja vu.

Cyber's slow movement makes them not as dangerous as many other dudes, it's just that Summon Cyberdemon has such a narrow range (3 rTele guys with rockets and 8k HP) that it's a 100% spooky spell.

Even in ME3, it was only useful for lining up a single headshot or dipping out to recharge your shields. Infiltrators played as a soldier with some useful techs to burn through shields/armour, but you don't really get that in this game. You had disrupter/cryo ammo along with sticky grenade and sabotage/incinerate/cloak. Your main ability wasn't super useful, but you got paid for it with a wide variety of other abilities. You even got to use a wide variety of weapons and had a decent carry capacity so you could really pick and choose your role well.

What do I do? Should I spec towards conjurations or see if I can find Invisibility and other high-end charms and hexes? Cleared the Lair, Ice Caves, Labyrinth, Volcano with relative ease. Swamps and Spider spooked me so I fled those.
pastebin.com/DgMUcs32

Gozag is a pretty good god desu but I feel so fragile halp

that'sthejoke

Demon by ferretdev.

Short Blades SpEn with the skill spread you've chosen is going to feel like that. You could start by getting more Fighting.

Realistically, you have too much SBL, too little Fighting, too much Spellcasting, and too many spell schools skilled. I would say that you have too much Stealth too, but frankly that's probably the only thing saving your character at this point.

Your best hope is to skill Fighting and Dodging to counteract your previous skilling choices while relying on sproigan movespeed to carry you until you've had a chance to fix things. Note that it's already a bit late in your game to "fix" things, and it would probably be faster to get a new character to the same point than to properly repair this one. You're going to limp through until at least Vaults due to available XP limitations and there's nothing you can do about it but to survive and remember for your next game that it's not a great idea to hybridize so hard so early with a SBL/Stealth build.

>be spriggan
>train stealth
>equip a fucking singing +5 dagger of speed
nigga you cereal

So for MuMo do you just spend a million turns scumming each level for as long as possible? I know they turn the monster generation rate way down but you have no hunger.

>So for MuMo do you just spend a million turns scumming each level for as long as possible?
That sounds like a great way to get your game ignored by the spaniard.

>>equip a fucking singing +5 dagger of speed
It was the best. And I am a dumb person
No, seriously. I've been playing this game on and off for seven years and only recently have been able to clear the swamp and mines.

What would you recommend (skill progression; deity-wise) for next time so that I can even attempt to fight the swamp? For a SBL/stealth what IS a good build?

>seven years
Damn nigga.

you barely get any rewards from scumming and the floors stop spawning monsters a few 10k turns in anyways.
also it's boring as shit and you'll most likely still die to the same rng you'd have died without scumming

tum-tum?

Yeah, discovered it when my dad forced me to use Ubuntu in secondary school. I've been in love ever since.

Good dad.

It isn't that strange. I've been playing since 2008. Not without wins though.

>my dad forced me to use Ubuntu in secondary school
what the fuck

He gave me a """"pre-loved"""" hp laptop that he didn't use anymore, that he'd installed Ubuntu on because god fucking knows. It worked, but his plan to stop me from using it to play games failed disastrously.

imo gozag is only good for going full on caster or full on evocables
>For a SBL/stealth what IS a good build?
SpEn or SpAs going kiku/dith/oka(for needles)
level hex spell to 1-3% and then some stealth to like 6-8 and then sbl only to 8-10
then level your next hex or throwing to 10
then level hexes to good spellpower/throwing to like 10 and stealth and continue to train them
and fighting to like 8 or so at some point
evocations are a waste if you dont have rods / multiple elemental evokers & spiders
go to Dmsl and haste and shit after youve cleared lair branches / try to have it up by V$

I don't quite know how to use Kiku or Dith properly. What are their pros?

By hex spell do you mean confuse/hibernation? So the game plan should be
1) Get Hexes to 6 and stealth to 8
2) Get small blades to 10 and Hexes to 10
3) Get fighting to 8 and stealth to 15
4) At some point get charms up to something good
What about spellcasting?

Sorry again I'm really dumb

>What would you recommend (skill progression; deity-wise) for next time so that I can even attempt to fight the swamp? For a SBL/stealth what IS a good build?

Short answer: SBL stabbers aren't the easiest build to play. They can be strong earlygame with a high stealth aptitude race, but they fall off as soon as things start waking up because short blade base damage is horrible. (They can have a strong game the whole way through, but generally that involves switching to long blades.)

You need to get enough SBL for mindelay but not much more unless your stabs start to suck, you need to raise your stealth with dungeon depth, you need to get enough hexes earlygame to reset fights, and you need to try to get invisibility reliably castable for your midgame/lategame. Spellcasting doesn't help with success percentages at the same rate that spell school skills do; you don't want or need much spellcasting.

This old guide is close enough that it's often trotted out as an example:
loom.shalott.org/learndb.html#hyperbolic

>gozag is only good for going full on caster or full on evocables
more like full on retard lmao
enjoy having to open food shops while i can tab my way through the dungeon with some dank ass randarts

>SBL stabbers aren't the easiest build to play
What is a build combo that I, someone who is Bad, can attempt to win a 3-rune game?

Minotaur Fighter. Choose a flail, long blade, or unarmed combat. Take Okawaru when you find his altar. Use Heroism any time a fight looks remotely dangerous.

People will suggest MiBe, but berserk (and brothers in arms) is harder for new players to judge when it's appropriate to use when compared with heroism.

it was probably /g/ that trolled him into Ubuntu

(Note that Okawaru isn't the strongest god, in fact he's one of the weaker ones, he's just incredibly simple to use. Fedhas is probably the strongest god you can pick in current versions of DCSS, but Fedhas abilities require some minor setup. If you want a guaranteed win and are willing to do more than a-a-tab, pick Fedhas.)

can confirm, MiMo, MiFi or MiGl was a lot easier for a certified BadPlayer like me to win with than MiBe.

I don't know, the only time i won was with a MiBe tab-emperor

I know that Fedhas can make oklob farms but what else are his benefits? Would a MiFi of Fedhas work?

>I know that Fedhas can make oklob farms but what else are his benefits?
Mushrooms
>Would a MiFi of Fedhas work?
Yes

Minotaur fighter using unarmed combat that worships oka
use heroism on every tough enemy/pack and lure enemies to corridors to fight 1v1
skill unarmed to ~12 then fighting to 8 then invo to 5 then unarmed to 16 then fighting to 10 then invo to 9-10 then train some dodging/armor and then train shield/unarmed/fighting/dodging/armour in whatever order
Wear AC over EV
by now you should have at least 1 rune
wear reflection shield/amulet if you find one
also whoever says oka isn't strong is a faget who has never played oka unarmed.

>also whoever says oka isn't strong is a faget who has never played oka unarmed.
The problem with oka is that he gives you no abilities to use other than BUFF FIGHT. Fedhas is the stronkest for the same reason that granpa oka isn't; he doesn't require that you put your sack-of-HP-that-needs-to-stay-above-zero-to-not-lose in the middle of every shitshow.

Oka UC is strong melee, but it's still melee, and if you're comparing winrates, allies are safer every time. Smart oka play requires situational awareness of escape methods that newer players will splat before trying.

>skill unarmed to ~12 then fighting to 8 then invo to 5
also at this point you should probably train armour/dodging but only enough to raise your AC/EV values by a point or two each
>then unarmed to 16 then fighting to 10

remember to use heroism on like every even remotely frightening fight it costs barely any piety

always stop training armour/dodging when you ac/ev values get raised by one. not when your skills hits a certain level

and smart *insert tactical god like fedhas here" play requires brain activity, positioning and using god abilities only when necessary because otherwise you run out of piety.
oka and trog are good because you can literally spam their abilities 247 and be the braindead retard you are and otab to win EZ

Also, user, your oka UC skillpath is all wrong. It goes like this:
UC 6
Fighting 6
UC 8
Fighting 8
Dodging 6
UC 11
Invo 3
Fighting 11
Dodging 8
past this point everything is as-needed, good candidates include Shields 10, Armour 6, UC 15, Invo 6

wandering mushrooms are super strong early on, super cheap piety-wise, and available at 1*

Holy shit why is tech armor even allowed?

both armour and dodging are 100% dependent on what armour youre wearing.
also you need invo at 9 to have finesse at 1%
with invo3 your heroism barely lasts long enough to finish like 2 yaks.

also wasting early exp on negligible hp gain instead of increasing your damage dice isn't that good.

Okay, you can argue and do your own thing if you want, or you can trust the word of someone who has greatmo. Your call.

I'm not sure Xom has my best interests in mind.

>Xom titters.

yeah i think i'll stick to the kit i have ~75% winrate with.

A whole 75% with MiFi? Dang user, share your secrets.

Is Caves of Qud any good yet?

maybe you should share your secret as to why one would level fighting below level 6-8

to-hit is a thing that exists that is especially relevant at low XL and fighting is a percentage multiplier in the damage calculation

but your 75% MiFi winrate surely means you know all this and you have secret techs to share, please do, but first make a tavern account so that we can all reference them later

jesus christ how much HD does grinder have

someone really need to post 'i cast darkbolt'

>your
I'm not the user you were originally arguing with, just curious why a GoodPlayer levels fighting early.

Sorry, I shouldn't have been snarky.

lol, can't inflate your ego enough on dcss forums and irc so you come to a anonymous imageboard to namefag and gloat in self-importance.
that's kinda sad.

let him be, he apologized

Just who do you think you're talking to?

I'll have you know I have over 500 confirmed gnolls.

gnollcrawl doesn't count

more importantly, why is there no krogan vanguard for charge+berserk shenanigans

>>>out

>fighting grinder for any reason
>with a < right there

True! But if it's early enough and I think I have a shot at it I'll usually have a go at Grinder, then Sigmund, but never ever Crazy Yiuf. That guy's crazy.

Oh look, it's one of those retards that believe in something they can't prove and ask smarter people to think of an argument for them.

i cast darkbolt

Should i train Haste until hunger is 0?