youtube.com/watch?v=3NRaqgab0_w
motortrend.com/news/c12-0603-1964-chrysler-turbine-car/
youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa8MFSXZHM
youtu.be/0YPabCzxMXM
youtu.be/IXt7fQsDsk8
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ8R4tYbX5w
youtube.com/watch?v=1pK6JE0M0AY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who needs revs when you have e c o b o o s t(™)

meet me at the ol bangin river and we'll see who has ecoboost

>Petrol motorenjins , has a red line around 5500 overall 7000 rpm. Ariel Atom 500 , the best red line 10600 rated suierenjin road car. Mazda RX - 8 RENESIS has the best red line of the rating engine running production road cars at 9000 rpm.

the s2000 revs around 9000ish

geo metro

redline is 8,400? fuck it, put it upto 12k so people remember that we also make bikes

The Honda S800 (or maybe 500?) can supposedly hit somewhere around 9.5k

Came to post lga

The Alto Works has a 9000 rpm redline.

1965 S600

>what's the highest revving street car?

Mass production, or simply street legal? Because there are a bunch of cars with bike engines in them.

Motorcycle
/

>variable length intake runner ITB

take it ALL

You can get that engines redline up to about 11,000rpm with tuning.

S2000

Honda S2000, 9k rpm.

>buying a car to rev high

>what is ap1 s2000 with 2.0 f20c
>9200 stock rpm limit.
>all my keks "worlds highest rpm motor kekshit"

I was gunna say this. If you count all the street legal cars with bike engines stuffed in them it can be up to like 15,000.

can I make frs rev more?

Anything Honda really

If you dump stupid amounts of money into it, sure.

Destroke it, lighter rotating assembly, lighter flywheel, stronger and lighter valvetrain etc.

Why you would is beyond me though.

If you want a stupid high redline, buy a motorcycle. Even something as garden variety as a Ninja 250 will rev to 13k all day erry day without issue.

Hell, there are bikes that'll go to a hair under 20,000rpm if you so incline.

>control+f "caparo t1"
>0 results.
You all disgust me. Makes maximum power at 10,500 RPM from a small 3.5L V8

s2000, Ferrari 458 and Mazda rx8 with the renesis were all 9000rpm
Lexus LFA was 9000 with fuel cutoff at 9500
Honda s600 redlines somewhere near 9500rpm,
Ariel atom 500 redlines somewhere near 10,500 rpm, but versions of the same engine it uses could go to 13,000 rpm although I'm not sure which engine is used in the Ariel atom 500.

the japs love their high revving cars.

But can it drive over a sleeping policeman

>Runaway diesel
youtube.com/watch?v=3NRaqgab0_w

No boxer engines aren't supposed to rev

This. They're designed to leak fluids after 15k and supply dealers with more work.

is it worse to cut fuel or air in a runaway diesel?

Fuel.
the runaway part implies the engine is burning the engine oil. The only way to stop the engine is to stall it, or cut the air flow.

lies

>ctrl+F "chrysler"

>No results...

1964 Chrysler Turbine

Idle: 15,000 RPM

Maximum RPM of the second stage turbine: 45,700

motortrend.com/news/c12-0603-1964-chrysler-turbine-car/

ah ok that makes sense
and with a diesel which is just torque on top of torque, I'm guessing stalling isn't exactly easy

>revving boxer
One of the most delicious sounds in the world of cars.
youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa8MFSXZHM

Came here to post this.

I'd like to drive it just because it reminds me of Jetsons.

Not the highest revving at ~7750 but one of the best sounding
youtu.be/0YPabCzxMXM

>sleeping policeman
it's a speedbump you fuck.

you cant touge it its a piece of shit

vtech
rotaries

>Thumbnail makes it look like a convertible.
I would love to see a convertible Turbine car potatoshop.

I've honestly never understood why so many people IRL and on this board are so obsessed with revs without considering or barely considering other factors. For most street cars a high rev engine is the opposite of what you want. More displacement and a broader power curve with more power under the curve will win most of the time. It's not racing where there's a strict rule book and a need and/or ability to keep a car on a tight, high RPM power band at all times.

I'm a small Chevy guy, and a 10-11k RPM small Chevy is cool, but not for the street. Give me a 350 or 383 with a bunch of grunt off 2k RPM that pulls hard to 6.5k and call it good. Most people fail to consider that long stroke engines revving to relatively lower RPMs may have similar or even higher mean piston speeds. For instance, back in the height of F1 V8s and NASCAR V8s circa 2006 (basically before RPM limits in both series) F1 engineers visited some NASCAR shops in Charlotte, NC and were very impressed to see that some NASCAR V8s were running higher mean piston speeds than F1 V8s despite an almost 10k RPM difference.

My civic si has the redline at 8k. It's great for learning how to drive stick in because if you fuck up shifting and go into 3rd gear when you meant to go to 5th, the revs only go up to like 6k

Rx8 revs to 9k stock
With a simple $250 tune it increases it to 9500

>9k rpm V10

Renesis in the RX8, and the f20c in the S2000

>Maximum power output is 411.5 kW (552 hp) at 8,700 rpm. Maximum torque is 480 N·m (354 ft·lb) at 6,800 rpm. The engine will rev to 9500 rpm, with 90% of its peak torque available from 3,700 rpm to 9,000 rpm.

Not to detract from how impressive that is, but that's not crazy for an engine with a 3.11024" stroke. Mean piston speed of about 4,509.848' per minute at peak power and 4,924.5466666' per minute at redline. Not that much more than a much cheaper and less sophisticated GM LS7 at 4,200' per minute at peak power and 4,733.33333333' per minute at redline. S2000 F20C is 4,596.81667' per minute at peak power and 4,984.5' per minute at redline.

They reccommend either blocking the airflow somehow (if you want to get that close to a 13L+ engine running away) or just dumping it into a high gear if possible. The engine is probably done either way at that point so might as well try your hardest to jam it into 10th gear.

Depends on the gearing often. You can usually kill a semi runaway diesel by hitting 10th gear and standing on the brakes if it starts running away at low speed. But semi's have a highway gear. Some heavy machinery and tractors are geared so low even in top gear that the engine torque will overcome.

Nice bro science, dude.

Or you can pull the wat sticker off,minus very many HP,then it would be easy to stall.

>19k
youtu.be/IXt7fQsDsk8

A nice throaty 6K redline is better than a choked out stressed 9K redline

Prove me wrong nerds

I always think comparing engines with science is more fun. But maybe I'm just a nerd. When someone says my 10k RPM engine is better than this 8k RPM engine you're not really getting the whole picture. You've got to look at a ton of factors, and mean piston speed which is based on the crank throw is very telling. It becomes much, much harder to spin a long stroke crank at high RPMs.

Katech put out their max effort street engine version of the new GM LT1 a bit ago. It makes 700+ hp naturally aspirated swinging a 4.000" stroke crank to a peak hp RPM of 6,800 or 4533.33333333' per minute. We live in a glorious age of relatively cheap hp.

About the same mean piston speed as an archaic NASCAR V8. That's cute.

Shouldn't an engine really be measured by power produced as a factor of fuel consumed, and weight and cost of engine.

Is this the notorks hondafag general?

>8000rpm 16 liter V8

hondafags, why even live.

desu the other one he rode, the one with the ZX2R engine sounded way better
>youtube.com/watch?v=FJ8R4tYbX5w

would never use my horn in that thing, just rev it senpai

Actually, this is wrong. If you want to package them neatly, you use a big bore with a long stroke, which greatly decreases their overall width (which is their main packaging limit) compared to a square bore/stroke setup. This lack of stroke can really make them rev.

It really depends on the goals.

Brake Specific Fuel Consumption is a good comparison too. As are packaging including size, weight, and layout. Cost is always a factor too, whether budget minding enthusiast or nearly unlimited budget race team. Mean piston speed and brake mean effective pressure are also good to know. In short the more comparisons you can make the better. Specifically when engines are designed vastly different such as configurations, number of cylinders, displacement, OHV v. OHC, FI v. NA, and the list goes on.

One quick way to compare that scientifically is to calculate the peak power divided by the peak potential airflow assuming 100% volumetric efficiency.

yeah, dagumi did it

how does one get to learn to run tracks like this? I want to mess around but i'm afraid i'll go to slow, and i've no training to know otherwise

you mean you do not even have 904CI and 32 valves?

It's a Cappuccino.

thanks ill have one to go

"Like this"? You mean public driving time tracks?

Go early within the work week. Then do that OFTEN. For the Ring, anyways. The rule of thumb for the Ring is, after 50 laps you know where to go, then you learn to drive.

Lexus lfa has 4.8 liter with fuel cut at 9500 rpm. You weebs automatically went to rx8 and s2000 ofc. Those cars had to compensate too much to be the "highest revving" the highest revving road automobile is definitely some sport Japanese kei car that has basically a motorcycle engine

> oversized billet big block
> big dumb heads
> big dumb throttles
> 4 gallons per mile at WOT
> Street car thread
The obvious v8 answer is ferrari

Blacktop 4AGE is 8400

Great for the 80's
Pretty good for a 4 cylinder
Meh for a 5 valve
Shit compared to the rest of the cars in this thread

Figured it'd be a little interesting for an 80s' 4banger

there's a brz or frs with a custom made v8 in it that revs to 12 or 13k rpm, it's basically 2 bike engines mated together.

Lexus LFA goes past 10,000

Most 5 valve engines actually rev lower than their 4 valve counterparts. The 5th valve is weirdly placed in the valve train, which usually adds a lot of rotational inertia trying to get cam movement there. Sure, they add a good bit of airflow, but for balls out revving, 4v >2v. Think of it as a gearing limited vs airflow limited top speed kind of thing: you've got engines that are airflow limited to a certain RPM, and those that are inertia limited to a certain RPM. 5 valves usually fall in the latter category.

That's a weird thing to say when people ITT have posted it's fuel cut at 9500.

>Sure, they add a good bit of airflow, but for balls out revving, 4v > 5v
My bad, typo.

>americans just used their eight empty mountain dew 2 liters to use for designing engine displacement

It's beautiful isn't it?

Wow nice fucking decimal digits you fucking prick.

mine

My Volt.

0-101 MPH in 1st gear.

I can do 100mph in 1st and get there in five seconds.

Aston Martin AM-RB 001

(11K RPM)

I heard about this, it's insane. It costs $80k to install but it's a V8 that's smaller than the 86's 4cyl and makes 400+ HP. Plus it sounds amazing

wow that must suck having such little torque and a narrow torque band in such a heavy car. does it have like a 5.56:1 or higher final drive gear? i can't imagine it would be any good with anything less.

Lexus LFA

sure just drop it into second gear at 100mph

nice dp-100

integras i reckon

youtube.com/watch?v=1pK6JE0M0AY

honorary mention