WHY thread

just fucking why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AchfmhRNGb4
youtube.com/watch?v=IN4AcGrwuLc
progressive.com/newsroom/article/2005/april/hi-horsepower/
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:lJ09nQj1wkcJ:how-to-cars.com/klassik/artikel/studie-unfallrisiko-von-oldtimern-3662675.html &cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
youtube.com/watch?v=ps6JVtgdcDw
youtube.com/watch?v=-1gyHVVvp2Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Modern cars have taught people that they don't have to be aware of their surroundings and be accountable for their actions, because the car will just solve the problem for them

gotta hit the apex for the turn around

Porstron?
Or citrorsche?

Lucky fuck just missed the edge of the guardrail. That would've helped them stop better.

>OMG you just rear ended me!!
>I even used my turn signal
>you're gonna hear about it from my lawyer

that actually looks amazing

>why did the chick cross the road

it isn't just modern cars, old cars too.
the issue is the sense of security that big
metal cage helps to develop. over time there
will be people who forget the limits of what protection their cars can provide, and push
risky behavior; because they forget physics will crush them and their tin can at 100mph.

This place is like 15 minutes from my house, I've been by it countless times. It was a woman nigger driving I think.

the biggest problem is that high speed doesn't feel speedy anymore.

even a decade ago 90mph felt much faster in an average car than it feels now.

they improved the ride, cars got a lot bigger (fucks with your perception), way less noisy and all those electronic nannies lull you too.

years back people were really aware of the driving when cars were noisier and not that shielded from the outside

dat truck driver a raycis!

>Brakes and slows down while changing into the passing lane
holy fuck

This.
Going that fast in classic cars is scary.

Now that I own a motorcycle this scares the shit out of me.

it totally should.

it's fucking absurd how less and less people pay attention in traffic and fuck over bikers all the fucking time.

bikers pretty much have to be aware of that and pretty much always have to expect the drivers around them to be total idiots

I actually feel safer in an AW11 than any modern car.

It reminds me that I am, in fact, moving fast enough that I could die in a blink of an eye should anything go wrong. It makes me want to be aware of my surroundings, and the great visibility helps with that.

I'm sure people feel very safe driving their heavy, 13 airbag, self-propelled bunkers, but it takes away my driving confidence and can make some situations unnerving.

It hasn't even been a month and I've nearly been killed twice by drivers who turned onto the road, apparently without looking. I now assume that every car is going to try to kill me by pulling out.

The only good thing is that I am much more aware when I drive my car.

I remember like it was yesterday when visibility was seen as very important or even one of the MOST IMPORTANT safety features.

Now it seems like everything is about detaching the driver from the surroundings as much as possible.

No windows
no steering feel
almost no engine noise
no road noise
no tire noise feedback

back when they even thought about making the a pillars transparent.

now the a-pillar can't be fucking big and obstructing enough for them.

At least they gave visibility an honest attempt with the new NSX. The pillars are quite thin.

I'd make some statement here about the added value of safety features that help a car's performance by adding to structural rigidity, but I would only be taking away from the fact that a well-constructed tank is only as good as the brains behind the wheel. Yes, when my old 9-5 was wrecked I was glad to have all the protection I had, but at the same time I was glad that I wasn't at fault, since I was sitting in place when the bastard in a Cobalt hit me.

That's really fucking odd. Beautiful but seems fishy.

Kinda proves my thought that certain cars like borderline supercars don't have to obey some safety laws.
I mean, the car's front is way lower than the average one's too.

youtube.com/watch?v=AchfmhRNGb4

Why?

>saw the shortest route and took it

Meh, I do this on highway curves sometimes if nobody is near by

>electric car

Probably felt asleep every 5 seconds

Also, the 4cylinder in that video sounds so horribly stressed. I couldn't stand that noise. Would depress me to no end.

>I now assume that every car is going to try to kill me by pulling out.

As long as you keep this shit in mind you'll be able to avoid 99% of it. Just ride as if nobody can see. Don't even think "Oh, they'll definitely see me." Been riding for over 2 years like this and I've had countless dickheads nearly hit me, but I've been able to avoid it because of that.

>People are stupid as always
>better blame modern cars.

Ohh fuck off.

Modern cars are fucking enablers of that.
So, you can fuck right off, too.

no you fuck right off.

Shitty drivers have always been shitty drivers and they did the same stupid shit back in the day.

The good thing about old cars though, was when someone made a major stuff up, they caved their chest in with the steering column. A form of natural selection.

Its worth mentioning that speed limits were slower back then too.

I cant be more than a foot at the absolute most off the ground in my Firebird, I feel EVERYTHING on the road

To say that im a careful driver is an understatement

>braking while cutting across the highway into the left lane
Fucking wew

I managed to loosen the exhaust and bend the skid plate into it by driving over a rock. That's wet what I get for diving high clearance vehicles for years.

Remember that the first time you fuck up and the car saves your life.

>woman nigger

lel Veeky Forums

I need to know what song this is.

oh cool, is this a GTA 6 leak?

I'll find it tomorrow, if this thread dies post about it in Norcal general or send me a message on YouTube

Fuckin lol.

right by good ol' laspo

What's the best dash cam? Maybe not necessarily the best but best value. Good bitrate and especially good at low light night driving.

I have an old car. No safety features for me.

To get phone reception.

There's a thread for that, negro.

>car on the middle lane going slower than car on the right lane.
>car on right lane switching lanes not to overtake but to supposedly make an U turn but didn't look the mirrors.
>truck going on the left lane on a 3 lane highway.

I see too many things wrong in there.

Good thing he had the dash cam.

he's right you mongoloid

Oddly enough, there's at least a couple of people who had the same basic idea.

>it isn't just modern cars, old cars too.
>Ohh fuck off.
The 2016 Pacifica was advertised with Jim Gaffigan being an unaware driver.
The modern car memes are real.

Especially the second one.

Daily reminder that classic cars are involved in fewer traffic incidents as well as higher powered cars.
progressive.com/newsroom/article/2005/april/hi-horsepower/

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:lJ09nQj1wkcJ:how-to-cars.com/klassik/artikel/studie-unfallrisiko-von-oldtimern-3662675.html &cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

(engrish)

youtube.com/watch?v=ps6JVtgdcDw
I'm not even the guy who said he would reply later

I have this shit burned in a CD for sikk 13B skidz.

Still thick.

There's no standard for pillar thickness, only that the weight of the car must be supported by the roof.

The NSX has a sloped roof that favors the back. If the car were placed upside-down, its trunk would be resting on the ground. The majority of the load goes on to its huge triangular-shaped c pillars.

WIMEN

>going 105 mph
>Expecting vehicles to accurately judge the speed of a vehicle coming from behind with only a mirror.

Retard should not have been going that fast.

Christ motorcycles make me nervous. If I see one in front of me I immediately change lanes so that I'm not the one who pancakes him if he takes a spill.

Not to mention
>passing in an exit lane

>speed limit 110
>doing 170

>suprised when someone merges in front of you towards a fork in the road.

wew

>driving like a lunatifc on an exit lane

Sincerely if you hit that car, who would be at fault?
the one that INDICATES THAT IT TAKES THE EXIT or the one that is SPEEDING ON THE EXIT LANE (110kmh max speed indicated, 70mph)

but m..muh women drivers!

Just look at how slow they're driving, but still manages to lose control.

Do these people assume that just becouse they have a fast car suddenly they're Paul Walker or something

Suspention looked like it couldnt handle the HP and the car got twitchy

>Too stiff
>Too low
>inexperienced driver who cant drift to save his life (literally in this case)

As much having a bit of body roll sucks its useful for drags and most cornering.

that's a little extreme, though, that isn't cutting a corner as much as it's just drifting whereever

>that video

Well, they're trying real hard to be Walker

>Why?

Driver is too fat to move their arms to make a sharper turn.

>>that video
I fucked up the second link.

This one is the worse of the two.
youtube.com/watch?v=-1gyHVVvp2Q

Hey fuck you this was a really useful feature for stacking groceries and getting shit from the back in tight spaces.

I had something like that happen to me some days ago
>driving through some shitty third world street
>there's this fag on a motocycle stopped at the intersection (I had preference btw)
>he watches me straight dead in the eye
>he accelerates 10 meters ahead
>shit myself and slam the brakes
>he didnt even brake, he barely passed me
It happened 2 more times on that same street on the same day, the other 2 where the typical soccer mom SUVs
I fucking hate this country, the worst of it is that if you run over some careless idiot you have to pay 7 gorillion dollars, your arm and a leg; even if they decided to suddenly cross on a highway.

Yeah but the size is ridiculous. There's another half foot of pillar hidden behind the "rear window". ON EACH SIDE.

In what 3rd wirld shithole are you?

>Retard should not have been going that fast.

This.

When there's other traffic, try to keep speed difference between lanes to 10 mph/20kph max. Particularly at night where judging speed/distance is impaired.

>Particularly at night where judging speed/distance is impaired.
Thats just you

yeah people don't know how to drive in the US
everyone know that
yeah not true people in the us were never taught to care about there surrounding

top kek

Germans manage it. When in doubt, stay in your lane.

Just think of how hard they're pushing the motor. The maximum load must have been exceeded atleast twice.

Probably USA.

Thats not bad driving, thats doing gods work because all motorcycle riders are retards

I do have to brake fairly hard pretty regularly, because people just pull out. It happens just as much here.

no. no.
NO.

NO.

THIS. cannot be real.

I refuse.

This cannot be real.

Please. For the love of god. Please let this be fake.

I do this on purpose to piss people off

>muh muh lane splitting is safer.

fucking assholes riding invisible unicorns.

The unaware driver existed before and always existed. The car smacking you in the back when you become unaware doesn't make more drivers unaware.

>People who drive cars with extreme HP and restore classic cars get into fewer accidents.

NO SHIT they are the ones driving their cars and enjoying it.

good thing when you get T-boned at 25 mph you wont be shit posting on here anymore.

Jesus. How do you even fuck up this badly? Good thing he caught it on camera because I don't think anyone would have believed it.

I bought a helmet cam because you wouldn't believe the stupid shit I see daily. After a BMW 7 series indicated left then went left before hooking hard right in a U turn running me over I decided "If I'm going to die, someone is at least paying a $300 fine for it"

Fuck the courts though, bitch got off with no charges and my bike got run over. Meanwhile she just says "he was speeding" and judge is like "yeah all bikes do that 100% of the time, ruling no fault". Shit's dumb

dope

I don't see how the actions of the other driver are in anyway defensible, they cut across several lanes to get into the passing lane because they were too stupid to position into a place they could safely merge, they merged across a place where they had no vision of the passing lane and when they finally did merge they clearly did not check their mirrors or the state of the passing lane all whilst going below the posted limit.

To me this exemplifies every trait of bad and dangerous drivers which is the fact that they drive around basically expecting to just do their own thing and have everyone react to them rather than reacting to the road around them.

Plus there was no reason to be in the passing lane.

I don't get why the truck driver took his foot off the gas.

They were turning off most likely but that doesn't excuse cutting across several lanes that had right of way without checking your mirrors going below the speed of general traffic flow and just expecting people to let you in.

Quite clearly though, the driver did not know there was a car there because they weren't checking their mirrors. This type of maneuver is dangerous for that exact reason, every time you move to enter a new lane you should pause, check and make good your maneuver.

The POV car was doing nothing wrong and 100mph really isn't that unusual or fast for a modern semi-performance car. It's quite obvious from the video that the other driver was just totally unaware when even the most basic of learner drivers gets taught to check their mirors before they signal, never mind maneuver.

That actually explains a lot.
>tfw move to passing lane, start passing
>people want to merge into me all the time.