/sbg/ Starbound General

Attempting to make the game less shitty: addition

Gets mods here, they are necessary.

community.playstarbound.com/resources/

nexusmods.com/starbound/?

steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=211820

I don't have the usual stuff put in the topic, but no one else was making general.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-palettes.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been retexturing some creatures attempting to make them more alien. I'm not a great spriter though

Well, that shit's disturbing.

Well this is what I did with the wisper. the original textures make them look like toys

Weren't the Wisper things ice-based, though? Or am I misremembering them?

You're correct, it's part of a larger mod which changes the lore.

More space-horror instead of space-camp?
I'm vaguely curious as to what you've planned for the moon ghost.

Haven't gotten there yet, but it's on my list. It looks like a floating turd right now. I'm thinking some sort of jellyfish/squid like creature that sort of blends in with the moon dust so it can sneak up on you. but as I said it's not concrete. I think I may off the tenicles a bit though, as I'm working on the paratail right now, it's intended to look like a jellyfish crossed with an alien egg, I want to add a unique status when it explodes. If you have any ideas/requests I'll try to make it.

Maybe some sort of horrible space-squid-thing that lounges about in liquid erchius, but if you get too close or shoot it, it comes at you regardless?
And there might be more than one.

I like that idea, not sure if I have the experience to change it's behavior, but I want to remove it's ability to go through walls and make it killable. I'll definetly make it a liquid like creature. Or maybe an amoeba ? Also I just finished the injured and teleport sprites for the parataill. When it's going to explode it's going to hatch something perhaps.

As a pixel artist I gotta some advice to prettify all that flat colored pixels.
SHADING!
Get ye some colors a shade darker, put it where shadows ought to go on that thing, and don't pillow-shade. Try to do that on one sprite and see the difference.

I'll give that a shot. I'm having an issue though, in GIMP it won't let me use any colors that are not already in the picture. Do you know if it's some weird setting I have on?

IDK about GIMP, I use Photoshop - but lemme look it up.
Seems like you can edit palettes. Double-click on palettes, find out how to copy your current one, and then edit and use the new palette.
docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-palettes.html

Awesome! I really do appreciate it. I'll play around with shading and post the results

why have you done this

A mod that completely overhauls the lore. Weapon chests are from human ships I guess, so I retexed them to match the new human faction.

Still can't fix the pallet for that image. it's fine with other images though. but I'm done with this one for the night

It looks like some kind of monstrous vagina.

that still works, I was supposed to be an alien hatching from a floating jellyfish egg thing.

I posted these in an older thread. I made them for the randomly generated creatures.

Does anyone know what's the name of the UI mod in pic related and where to get it? I've seen it floating around in the past month on nexus and I'm either very blind or it had been removed from the face of the universe.

I've never heard of it, do you remember what site you got it from? I can take a look

I don't know if that's a mod, it looks like an older version of starbound's UI.

sign me up for this cute game

When it comes to making a themed house/base/ship, I know that you can learn how to create certain blocks, but when it comes to all the furniture and decorations do you really have to go out and collect all the furniture from the respective biome/village/dungeon or is there a way to acquire blueprints for set themes?

found the answer, you can make anything you have scanned with the pixel printer

How do I make a custom AI not shit itself on a custom ship from a different mod? What am I supposed to edit?

Neato.

so I built a base in the clouds (the actual cloud biome in FU) but hurricanes keep fucking up the blocks and make the whole thing look like shit.

Is there a working mod that lets me protect a wide area of tiles so I dont have to constantly fix everything up? Or some other way to deal with this? It's really frustrating because I spent like 3 days on the build by now and I just now noticed it.

If you're using FU, there's an "Environmental Regulator" you can build that protects your base from the weather, I think.

Atmosphere regulator, sorry.

I believe that one only prevents stuff like radiation, rather than weather, no?

Fuck i didn't see the thread was back

>tfw someone already made a Dead Space mod

Novakid's armors looks nice now

So how's the cyberspace mod? It looks pretty barebones, but is it any good?

Just started up Starbound Again. What's new.. except for this dreaded UI