/palg/ - Paladins General

Ice Cold Edition

>Previous Thread:

>Official site
paladins.com/

>Patch notes
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?11541-Closed-Beta-33-Patch-Notes-Fierce-Competition

>Forums
forums.paladins.com/

>Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-rez
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-rez
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Hirez server status
status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ about the game
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Datamining
smitedatamining.com/category/paladins/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>peasants

random people are just too stupid on average

only way to have any fun is to play with other vg faggots, at least then you only lose to cheaters and tryhards

вкaтилcя

How to play with vg tho, the discord link is broken, and i'm not adding a bunch of random people from the ID list

Reminder that Buck's shotgun does less damage than Barik's shotgun.

your loss

>discord
Cáncer, that's why I'm not going to join that steam group

how is it my loss?
None of them were online to play or accept an invite

I want to group up with some people right -now-

CHARACTERS THAT WOULD BE BETTER OFF GENDERBENT
>Ruckus
>Pip (femDrogoz would be cooler but gays love their husbando)
>Bomb King
>Androxus
>Skye she's just so generic aside from ASS

Am I missing anyone?

You told me this game didn't have a robot agenda like Overwatch.

Who is this Bomb King? He looks like one of those soulless robots. And why is he a king? I'm pretty sure our Lord didn't give him the right to rule unless he's one of His children!

Please answer me, I need to know if he's an alien or a filthy robot.

They will release more waifus, right?

This is really important.

A GOOD Androxus is almost impossible to deal with. He's one of the only people who can match Evie's aerial movement, he's got a personal shield/riposte, and his revolver hits fast and hard from good range.

I'm too much of a pussy to shit-talk and then give my IGN.

I'll just add niggas later.

Naturally. If there's one thing Hi-Rez has going for it, it's overall waifu quality.

Bli$$ard still has better waifu quality.

>inb4 OWfag
Never played it. It's an objectively scammy and shit game.

are people this bad or did the entire enemy team disconnect and get replaced by bots?

When I'm playing casual mode, am I teamed up with human players versus an AI Bot team? I feel like the enemy is too dumb and suicidal to be human.

What am I supposed to be using for a healing Grohk, there are so many cards he could really use and I can't decide.

>Cassie went 0-10
>Androxus went 0-12
HOW

Before level 5, it's players vs. AI. After level 5, it's players against players.

Here's my healer Grohk build.
>Crackle III
>Healing Rain III
>Outreach II
>Haunting II
>Totemic Rescue II

>Cassie knocks you off the map even though you're a mech and not in the air
Balanced. Nice. Epic. I like it.

Only if you're below level 5.

>that Cassie
>that Viktor

how

AAAAAAAAAAA
I DIE

looks like cassie didn't even play or was just feeding intentionally

exactly why I asked

>play bomb king
>feel like I did well getting kills with poppy bombs and zoning with grumpy
>always lowest/2nd lowest damage done

y-you too

Why my profile says I have 37 of 144 skins? I haven't unlocked anything and I don't see any extra skins in any of my champions...

>finish game
>screen goes black
>?????

>not a OWfag

then why bring it up? What does that have to do with anything, aside from starting shitposting?

does you use jolt?

(You)

>cancer
>joins another cancer

Default skins count as skins owned.

TAKE
A
NAPPY

>I'll just take...a little...nappy...

Because any sort of post like that would get hailed by "LE OVERWATCH!!1!1!one!!1"

Are you new to this general?

THE SKY IS FALLIIIIIIING

I'VE WANTED IT SINCE CLOSED BETA

CMON HIREZ

>6 am
>been playing since 10 pm
Maybe I actually need to take a little nappy.

>tfw squashed by some tryhard stomp group

probably the best bomb king I've seen
retardedly good mobility off the charts

yes

This would make more sense as an Evie skin.

God I hope one of Evie's legendary skins has a witch hat.

STILL WAITING

The magician's assistant works for Skye because she's all about disappearing.

do you have it maxed out?

Sexy ruckus skin when?

You know they can make individual heads, right? They can just give her a few witch hat heads.

they need to make skins that show off the female's butts.

then they can really compete with overwatch.

>get your shit kicked in even by mediocre players because your team is absolute dog shit

>tfw barely win by carrying literal mouth-breathers
>have 5 top-x accolades by the end of the match
I don't even know why I bother. This game is very rarely fun.

I'm about to create a Hi-Rez account. and it's offering me the option to insert a referal username.

Does it give any benefits?. if it does, give me a (You) with your username

The problem when dealing with Boris is that he has very consistent damage. If you're in his sights in any meaningful way, you're taking damage. Plus, his sprint lets him cover just enough ground so that you're in his line of fire again. Plus, he spits lots of bullets, and that can put pressure on you just by itself. This is why he's the king of midrange.

You can grab a name from the /palg/ list.

will do, thanks.

plus the card the reduces his recoil up to 100% can allow anyone who has good, or even just decent aim deadly

Of course, it's how I get a third of my kills.

Any ausfags here that haven't selected their referral? I'd like to add eachother and play with eachother for the juicy rewards.

I fail to see the problem with any of this. He's been getting nerfed over and over again, he should just be the baseline every other damage character is compared to.

>get put in 200+ ping sever
>immediately leave

I'm not saying Vyacheslav should be nerfed for it. I'm just commenting on why he's so strong.

How do I play Bomb King? What range is he best played at? I die way too much.

15 MINUTES
M
I
N
U
T
E
S

Is this the most fun champion? I've only played her a few times too

>tfw you get to style on the same premade you played against before
>lost badly first time because team was dogo shitto
>get a better randoms team with a good Barik and still play the same character as before
>your triple kill at the objective is the final nail in their coffin

sweet revenge

but my team still had a shitty cassie player that never used their ult even by accident for the whole 20+ minute match and had the lowest damage

I think I'm starting to get the hang of Evie. I made it a point of going around and blasting Kinessa, as well as using blinks and soars to get around as much as possible and to run away. Many of my deaths were my abilities firing slower than I expected and getting caught out for it. Still, I can see why Evie is so effective as a flanker: her mobility and survivability allows her to be a major pain in the dick for the enemy team, and that's all you can really ask for as a flanker: to be a pain in the dick.

PROTIP: To see any player's loadout mid-match, hold Tab to bring up the "scoreboard," then click on the player's name. You get to see their full build (including your own).

So, apparently, you can cancel the bomb kings ult of your own accord. It acts as a pretty good fakeout.

Do you keep some of your ult bar or does it fully explode?

What's the point of weapon skins?

They're rather insignificant and for such a high cost.

You don't go into the full animation so you keep your full ult.

>rukus ult bugged and doesn't activate, losing us the game

nice game hirez

Most of the worth is probably from that you see it all game unlike normal skins.

Damn that's pretty cool. Especially since it'll play the loudass sound effect anyway.

Yeah, imagine if you could fake out with CLOCK'S TICKING

That'd be a perfect nerf for the ult though, that she has to play an animation where she hits some buttons on the bomb and set it down. Not so GET IN, HIT E, GET OUT

HOPE YOU DIDN'T USE YOUR MOVEMENT ABILITY RECENTLY

Someone bullied because I didn't buy items... ;_;

I didn't know there were items... Do they cost gold? I don't want to use my gold on them, going to check the wiki or something

press "i" in game

in match gold doesn't have anything to do with your earned gold in the menu with which you buy cards to customize loadouts or buy shit skins

Man, I love bomb king but he's so fucking vulnerable.

This plus read the pastebin.

Also, unrelated, but what the hell did Captcha just shit on my screen

Thanks, I just read the wiki, I'll read the pastebin next, I have been playing without them the entire time, wish I noticed sooner.
I have won all my post 5 matchs so far, but it would have been easier with those utility boosts

>someone shows up
>press F

the only ones you should really be afraid of are Pip and Drogoz

also does anyone think it's stupid how poppy bomb goes through Barik's shield but not Fernando's?

Shields protect from explosions. Fernando's shield is attached to him, so he's always protected from bombs.

I just get flanked super easy.

>playing Bomb King
>Poppy bomb a Grover
>he flies all the way over a building
>has to walk all the way back
>lose my fucking shit
>proceed to do this like nine more times to the same Grover
>he tried to focus me
>can't fucking do it
>I am literally crying laughing so hard
We lost that round but fuck if I care, that's the most fun I've had in ages.

How do I unlock casual PvP ? When I click casual now it does Co-op vs bots instead.

Skye fucks me up something fierce. She can just go invisible and catch up again with her movement speed.

How do I Evie?

Get Veteran, play safe from cover. If you get caught, toss a poppy bomb to delay them and run around a corner and throw a grumpy bomb while you wait to heal because it doesn't count as combat. They're unlikely to chase you because of the stun threat, and if they do, free kill.

dumb Grover, he's one of the champs that can deal with BK's bullshit because he can vine while in mid-air and pull himself back.

Go fast

Hit level 5

So this is why I was getting low latency games. Now I'm getting 280-350 every single fucking game since hitting 5.

Nice. Game.

>Pip has the least noticeable skins
>Also has the most skins out of anyone
For what purpose

can't screencap

had a game where we were completely outplaying the enemy 100%

i was carrying as BUCK for fuck's sake and we were absolutely destroying them

but they had a skye on their team and we didn't

20 minute long game

she had 150k damage

she used her ult every 2-3 minutes and despite the fact that we were absolutely destroying them, it got at least 3 kills every time

this was that ice map with the enclosed capture point inside a building. She'd run in, plant the bomb, and then her entire team would cap the point despite the fact that we'd been effortlessly killing them up until that moment

I want to emphasize that I WAS PLAYING BUCK, who has a massive movement skill on a very short CD, and I got hit by the bomb every single time. The moment I heard her set it, I jumped away and ran behind the closest cover possible, every single time, without fail, and I still died.

skye has:

>free cauterize on her shots, which do massive damage even at range (1500 DPS. FIFTEEN HUNDRED DPS. THAT'S THE HIGHEST IN THE GAME.)
>a skill that does 30% of the target's damage, the only kind of skill like that in the game, which lets her kill tanks with ease. it also amps her damage by 5% per bolt, 10% if she lands them all (making her DPS a whopping 2000 if she lands them all)
>two types of stealth, one of which blocks enemy vision in a huge AoE, both of which gives her gigantic movement speed boosts
>the biggest AoE damage in the game, which instantly kills all but the tankiest tanks

she is overpowered

there is no true counter to her

she centralizes the entire game around herself

her very existence in a game forces your Flank characters to focus on her alone, because she can decimate your entire team with ease. she can take out tanks, damage classes, DPS, and supports. you are forced to buy a specific item to counter her, she is only inconvenienced by it, and it means you waste your credits and can't take a damage reduction item.

Never stop moving. Boost your damage by blinking before engaging.

>free cauterize on her shots
No she doesn't. She doesn't have reduced healing on her primary. Also, her shots are inaccurate as fuck past a few feet, meaning she must engage in close quarters.

gonna insert load in ying's ass

That's why I enjoy poppy bombing her ass into the sea

I just managed to consistently launch people off the cart and into the ocean so much the enemy began to noticeably focus me, especially when I launched two full health tanks at once there.

Jolt BK is the funnest shit ever.

buy the wormhole card and use blink range IV

blink in, shoot once or twice or maybe three times, blink out as soon as they turn on you, don't be greedy. They can't chase you and you will win every trade. You should very rarely ever die.