how about fucking no, this meme shit isn't funny just stop

thanks for the bump m8 :^)

Wish i was able to get one of those ;_;

lacentrale.fr/auto-occasion-annonce-30801787.html

Should I pull the trigger Veeky Forums?

Have you watered your Twingo today?

Ppppplushies?

that's super expensive for that mileage

+1 for plushies, someone have news from our plushie guy?
Yes, it is pretty expensive but it has the D4F motor, A/C, panoramic roof, proper seats (ie not leather) and it is not too far from where I live...
Still haven't find a "proper" one for a good price :(

I'll dump my Twingo images :
Some of the photoshopped ones are not that great but I like the idea of cars with Twingo lights

>captcha : pictures of cars

can someone explain the twingo meme? Been here two years and have yet to figure out what hell hole of shit it came from

qt

And the best for the end!
that's all I have guys

wtf is this mars rover doing hahahaha

I dont even know whats a twingo anymore....

I'm gonna guess you're american, cause they're basically a cheap, cute shitbox that you can buy for pennies and you see them in many of the poorer euro countries. Places where the average person can afford more than a twingo or a mk1/2 golf dont really like them but I live in Budapest and I see them all over the place.

Im tempted to buy one for my first ca just for the meme status and ease of getting parts.

I prolly wont tho.

They deform so well

thanks for the reminder

Yeah guys it's really cute and full of love and whatever, make all the threads you want about that.

BUT for the ones who seriously consider buying one, just don't. A car is not a joke unless you're so rich you don't give a fuck about thousands of euros.

It's for people who don't give a fuck about cars and think it's okay to pay more for repairs than for fuel. It's NOT cheap because it's NOT reliable. It's very easy to steal, people have to use extra protection like anti-theft metal bar thingy on the steering wheel (not english sorry). It WILL kill you if you try to go fast, or if someone decides to crash into you. I wouldn't go over 100kph - 60mph in that thing.

TD;DR : buy it as your third, fourth, fifth car for fun if you're rich as fuck. Don't buy it as your main car. Please.

I will if I can find one with decent miles, they're tiny and finding parking in Budapest is a nightmare, and they're relatively mechanically simple from what I understand so I can learn to wrench on it.

This is so false in so many levels I don't even start to take that post appart but a lot of actual owners around here can prove you wrong.
If you know how to wrench, that car is absurdly cheap to run. If you don't know how to wrench, it can be as cheap or expensive to maintain as any other shitbox.

Security-wise it's more secure than a Golf II or Polo and especially a fuckton more secure than a 106/Saxo and all these combined are even more around than Twingos.

But I think I just got rused by a stale pasta.

Gonna start a new job soon and will need a car.
Definitely want to get a nice Twingo as my first car

>lacentrale.fr/auto-occasion-annonce-30801787.html

it's too expensive m8. especially with that mileage. and it's gray. boring

i bought one as a daily driver. i'm like 20k kms in including 3 laps of the nurburgring and i have had to fix NOTHING. it didn't drink a single drop of oil or coolant either.

parts are extremely cheap. like, my old golf MK2 was expensive to run compared to the twingo. that's saying something. new ventilated brake discs are like 25 bucks a pair for example.

and the best of all, it runs on 100% E85 without touching a thing. filling up costs me between 12 and 15 euros, and it drinks 6.1 liters/100km at 100% plant juice.

i bought this car because of the meme fully expecting it to be a turd, it turns out it's actually the perfect daily driver. i'm keeping it until it dies.

>dad's best friend had to sell his decent condition twinger for literally 500 euro for whatever reason
>I wasn't the one to buy it

hheelppppp

Guys this is not about pasta, this is about knowing people who own and (try to) maintain this car.

I didn't want to bring hate, yeah the car is cool and stuff, just don't say it's reliable to people who might ACTUALLY buy one. For some people (including me) 1000€ is a lot.

I had my japanese shitbox at 180k, it's now 235k, I get it to 6000 rpm regularly because no torque, it never visited a garage so what is your point ?

Parts are cheap, yeah. Let's say you can buy it as your second car if you really like to get your hands dirty. Also second hand parts are cheap and easy to find because junkyards are full of dead twingos...

It's still easy as fuck to steal.

I'm not stronger than the meme, so... Just buy one, it might go well... Maybe...

M8 230k is nothing...

My American dust buster made it to 400k miles with a sik 3800 engine... The car rusted into pieces b4 the engine quit

well, at least you live where there are actually Twingos available

Dude, no offense but why are you trying so hard to "warn people" while at the same time you seem incredibly insecure about your opinions and also don't even own the car you're trying to warn people about?

It's a good thing to warn people about buying a car -just because- of the meme status (you should indeed never do this) but apart from that totally correct and helpful point, your posts feel like totally aimless whining without saying much. Are you depressed? Maybe you should do something against that.

Yeah because to be trusted you have to yell at everybody and think 100% in black and white... So people can read 10% of what is being said and get your point...

My point is not "twingos are shit" because they aren't. It's not "twingos are good" because they aren't. Its a car like a billion other cars, it's cheap to buy, it's not reliable, it's easy to park, it's not safe, it's design is fun, it's one of the most stolen cars, parts can be cheap, the auto version is shit...

Can Veeky Forums understand there is something between "shit" and "godlike" ? /b/ can't but you're supposed to be a bit smarter guys...

Yeah I don't *own* one. I have friends who drives them, I went on vacantion in them, I commuted in them, I know when a friend is having trouble with his car because i'm "the car guy" (I'm not a pro but just giving a shit about cars makes you the cars guy here). I know when a friend gets rid of his because it's too much trouble...
One put his to sleep after the exhaust fell down. One have duct tape all over the door because the rubber falls off...

BTW saxo / 106 are fucking scary. Had both, They're a lot of fun but I feel safer in my shitbox at top speed (like 170kph) than in these at speed limit. Renault 5 (not super 5) is the best I drove in the "so much fun / shit I'm gonna kill myself" category.

Like I said, if you don't believe me, buy one and come back to me 100 000km later. It's not like they're expensive to buy.

You and I both friendo

pls pray for this twingo

WANT WANT WANTY WANT

Truck load of hon

>push twingo over
>it rolls over and lands right side up

#prayfortwingo

#twongilivesmatter

>+1 for plushies, someone have news from our plushie guy?
There was a typhoon in China this week, so they weren't working for two to three weeks. But it'll be soon, it's all prepared now to have them made.

man I went past by a junkyard and there was a sad '92-95 bordeaux red twingo with a green door parted of its lights,mirrors,interior,wheels and all

rural romania is where twingos come to die, there's plenty of them carrying shit in the back that you wouldn't normally carry in a twingo, most are either driven by old-ish poorer people or stupid women in towns

OH WAAAAH WHOOOAA I'M STILL ALIVE
Guy started parking elsewhere but it's still alive and it's even louder than before from what my cousin told me.
>it's not reliable
Yeah the 300k km ones that you can find on mobile.de probably weren't reliable at all.

yeah because 300k is a lot and 100 300k cars out of a total production of 462 octillions is a good example

why are you so persistent if you don't care about that shitbox anyway?
you could easily see it for yourself in reality but you probably didn't even see one in person or talked to owners outside of Veeky Forums.

hint: the fiat uno (type146) was sold over 8.8 million times while the old twingo was sold around 2.4 million times.
there's a fucking reason why you still see tons of old twingos and why the uno became rare outside of italy and is almost completely GONE in germany.
you might don't like it but there's a big chance the twingo isn't as bad as you want it to be.

If dubs I will buy a Twingo when I get back from Denmark

pls read

there are shit tons of high km twingos and not just a tiny sample amount.
and even if there weren't it wouldn't mean the car is unreliable or shit. most people just don't like using tiny shitboxes for long distance traveling/commuting.
if you see a car really well represented on the streets decades later and comparable others not, that tells you a lot more about its qualities.

>no dubs

maybe later

i'll give you doubles because fuck your BMW

and I actually did it.
thank me later, dodokdo.

greetings, your german friend with yellow car that almost also did the same thing as you, selling his yellow shitbox to buy a shitty BMW.

Come on man don't say such mean words or I will get ANGERY like my shitty old car
Congrats on the Twingo though, have fun!

>Congrats on the Twingo though
i-i don't have a twingo
but that was the only OC of a twingo i had, so i posted it.

I thought that by
>i actually did it
you meant that you bought a Twingo.

oh
well I actually got these dubs for you
>these dubs are for you, alexa

>17 pages of twingos ranked by km
>about 320 cars
>4 cars are 300k +

Oh my God! What have it done wrong?!

Yeah sorry guys I was shitposting. I'm butthurt because twingos are banned in my country.
I have never driven one, never been in one, never seen one, I don't know shit about them.

Just buy one it will never fail you, plus it costs 500€ so it's all good.

Hon hon cute face *hugs lack-of-twingo-compensation-plushie*

Wait. That one is YOURS now?
I love that little roof spoiler. In general its one of the cooler Twingos in my opinion. Would buy/10

wat

Clarkson stunt double made a salto with a Twingo MK II in a tube.

Looked quite spectacular but then again it was just a MK II and not a first gen Twingo

No