/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

Remember to get your daily beer from the loyalty store and play the hourly Black Spirit Adventures game.

New awakenings every two weeks
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/110189-awakening-announcement/

Korean gobbly-gook:
inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4123&l=2224

>What is BDO?

Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, player housing, and more.

Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>I heard it's P2W

Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps restrict making unreasonable bank from them.

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8
>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes

blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

I want to fuck milf sorc in the ass.

Post digging storage

I miss the bonus shard drop rate event

Early

xth for dead thread dead game

>playing with other people
I'll just enjoy my 2-man guild for the time being.

Fun references!

?

xth for tamer and her new friend!

PI-U/10

Post profile pictures!

I liked seeing everyone's characters

no

Better name it Clarice

kek'd

Then keep grinding Elrics or go Pirates and grind with a group there.

You will make more and faster exp in a group than alone for the fact alone that you can't pull mire than 10 mobs at once (unless you are a Tamer)

I'd name it "yagi"

I dont want exp i want silver. Pet loot speed is my bottleneck so ideally i need mobs that take me longer to kill which are worth more silver a piece.

Then go Pirates, with 160AP you will still wreck every mob at Sausans faster than your pets can pick up.

Will that earn me more money than just continuing to kill elrics and missing some of the drops?

Yes

Did you even look at the image of the post you quoted?

Yes.

Though you better have a Node Empire that connects every city since you get massive amounts of Coins there (Take a Cart with you too on your boat) to sell the Coins for maximum distance bonus

Where to grind with pathetic 121 AP?

Anywhere in Mediah.
Get a Sausan group.

I can set that up, ive got enough free cp. The main pirate island is the big one in the northwest right?

What city to sell stuff in? you say 'every city'. Are some things sold at some cities and others at others or do i only need to connect to one?

Take cart on the boat? How does this work? Cant i leave the cart on land where i dock the boat or is there some way to have the cart on the boat and combine their storage weights?

I started elrics around then, thats enough AP you might not have enough DP to do it mindlessly with out risk unless you have a few pieces of +15 armor. I find canyon better than temple because there are huge groups of them, though temple might be better for some classes like ranger maybe.

Got full +15 armor set so I guess I'll try that

Coins are accepted at every city so I guess connect Epheria Port with Tarif/Altinova.

Go to the beach and put your cart there and drive your boat close and then call your cart. It pops up on your ship like a horse.

amazing. Got a fishan boat, need to get a cart i guess

Buy a Noble Wagon from marketplace. Don't get those shitty ones from the Stable.

>trying to get a donkey on my fishing boat for more storage space at pirates
>fall into water
>horse whistle it out
>try to reposition the boat
>donkey drowns
>on land

why are npc women so attractive

Finally got around to making mine

Arr Rook Same

AとBとCとDがどちらが好きですか。

shit, a = c ... real c here

D

Bはよさそうです。AとCの違いは何ですか?

Had a worse one. Sometimes my horse shows up on the boat but is actually back on land. Got all the way to pirates with a ghost horse that I couldn't interact with on my boat.

AとC

何もありません。 間違いますよ。

AはCですね。

>それはあまりよくないです。

true. you pick the good one. unless someone knows a good pattern.

just scale em down a bit and they should look fine

you know, like this shit. i tried earlier to make a piece transparent, but it doesn't carry-over for some reason (meaning i can make it transparent in PS, but not in game)

>take that pattern
>make it smaller
>tile it
>????
>profit

>using a non-tessellating pattern for a tile
senpai............

>not wanting to put in a smidge of effort
you can fix that m8

last time i tessellated things was in 7th grade, back in 96. we didn't have these fancy com-poo-ters back then; only graph paper!

>tessellating
>ever

who even tessellates..?

So I just started playing this game and I got an lvl 46 sorceress and still havent awoken yet. At what level will I get a dope scythe?

>just started playing
>any lebel below 57
pick both

>grinding pirates for the first time

I really like your friend.

Just riding my horse and I realized I can see Cron Castle in the far distance. No bland jpg mountain backgrounds.
I really enjoy this game.

Thanks user

Is there a way to get better workers, or is it absolute RNG?

How is this game compared to WoW?

both of them are 3d

Combat isn't press tab and spam macros until everything is dead

Instead it's press your strongest AoE attack and spam that.

I'm fairly new to this game, got a level 33 Sorceress, what should I do with her? any builds?

You can kill things and get experience. You can level professions. I'm not sure what you're looking for.

D、一番だと思う

>better graphics but not as stylized aesthetic
>combat is more engaging
>less gear variety
>pretty waifus/husbandos
>shit pvp balance unless you're incredibly well geared
>cash shop items can be bought off the market with in-game currency
>no real level cap, you can level indefinitely
>no explicit tank or healer classes
>no dungeons, but there are field bosses

idk what you're asking for, they're very different

bigger biomes, that's for damn sure
no more areas you can walk from edge to edge in a matter of minutes

I've only uncovered this much map and gotten to level 50.

I feel I haven't been exploring as much as I should be.

sTOP being a pussy faggot and GET OVER IT

did you have fun??? thats what matters, do you want to explore those areas now that you are 50??? go fucking do it

worst blog post I've ever read on Veeky Forums

this

mofo I explored more than that in the 3 days the closed beta was open
get on a horse and ride around

post ______abs

I'm taking my time too and exploring everything i can at a slow pace, feels good, never felt like that in any other mmo i played and, beleive me, i played a damn lot of them

Everything in this game is RNG.

I haven't played this since maybe a month after release. What's changed? I know my guild more or less died. It was a Veeky Forums guild I forgot the name of but we were pretty good for a while, then members started dropping left and right. So, what have I missed?

You can buy costumes from the marketplace sold by other players now but nothing else of significance I think.

I heard some stories about the publishers going full-jew and that the game is P2W. Is it true or was I bamboozled?

You've been had.

Did someone punch her in the face? Lifting truly can't cure face genetics.

Alright. Well, I might get back into it soon. I was on EU servers but I forgot which one. It was a pretty big one, like the unofficial RP one?

I know our enemies were Pettan Co. But I never did any PvP because I find PvE much more fun.

you can buy the items that boost gear durability for cash but other than that its been blown way out of proportion.

"Yes, dear sister, that is very nice"
(I must be strong, for mother)

>golden armpiece
>bright yellow chest cover

Jordine. You should probably join pettanco if you care for vg guilds, they're the only one left.

I see. Well, like I said. I'll take a gander soon-ish again. I wanted to level one of those samurai characters because I got my warrior to level 49 (and he's 4% away from 50)

I've no idea where I should start though. I guess I should return to questing and stuff for money.

Why did you quit? It'll determine if you should come back.

Oh, gee. I think I just got a bit bored because my guild were in drama shambles. And I didn't know anyone. I was never really brought along on any of those world bosses or so.

I loved exploring the world and seeing all the vistas. It was damn comfy, and the combat often fun. But the grind was kinda wearing me down, even though I wore that Conqueror's outfit.

Is it still as grindy?

>Is it still as grindy?
It is and it will forever be.

It's grindier than ever.

Urgh, damn. Well, fine. I'll just power through it once I get back into it.

Any word on when we will get the dark elf class? Infact, what new classes are there aside from male and female samurai?

Male and Female Ninja

Probably gonna take a year before we get it. Korea still didn't get their Dark Elf/new area.