/tfg/ - Truckerfag Thread

I Hear Banjos Edition
>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oX47hTVgDmc
cdllife.com/2016/top-trucking-news/featured/motorist-dies-after-semi-brake-drum-crashes-through-windshield/
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I had a good OP image tOo...

>444 tonnes
U dont sei

Nice pic. I tried to start the new one about 2 hours ago and got that pesky ip range b&.

How many hookers have you killed?

Do you use a piss jug?

I don't keep a count.
I use a cup and pitch it out the window at four wheelers that piss me off

>not keeping a count
>nothing to be proud of
>still a trucker

Huehue
Didn't notice that. I copied and pasted the last OP.
I get hit with that shit constantly. Someone on T-Mo keeps posting CP or something. Also that pic is from the backup in I-40 yesterday. I like the Smokies.
>These stale memes again
I pissed in a bottle once, since I had parked on an exit ramp within civilization and didn't want to get arrested for indecent exposure or get my dick gnawed off by a coyote. Pour that shit out in the grass though, I fucking hate truck stops that smell like boiled piss.

>Didn't notice that. I copied and pasted the last OP.

That was me. I didn't notice it either.i wonder how long Its been there

I know I did the original typo months back. I'm always user tho.

Just scratched up the side of my truck on some trailer. Am I getting fired?

Kek.

If on purpose, well trolled sir.

1st accident? How serious is the damage? Pics?

I wasnt

New trainer is a total bro. Little bit of road rage but 4wheelers are in fact idiots.

First accident.

>minor damage

As long as you followed the company procedure you SHOULD be ok.

Should be fine m8

Company procedure seems to be get out and look so you don't fucking hit anything.

Jesus christ you retards are incompetent.

...and maybe we were talking about the company policy AFTER an accident. Did you think about that? Maybe he did G.O.A.L. and maybe he is a new driver and didnt take something into consideration. Besides, what does it matter to you? It wasnt your trailer he hit. Was it?

I'm getting my money's worth out of this blackvue lately. Should get the rear camera hooked up some time for rear view keks.

youtu.be/oX47hTVgDmc

Every one I've fucked.

>cab damage
You might be fucked, especially if you didn't report it properly.

hi, im new (to this general)

starting with Swift today with a mentor

waiting for the phone call.

luckily I live 15 minutes from the Jarupa Valley terminal off of the 15/60 freeways so I went home for a while

hoping I don't get a nigger

nice to meet ya'll

been lurking on and off

Good grief

>been lurking
>still went swift

How can people be this retarded?

I should be keeping you guys mightily entertained then ;)

>ottawa lake

Nice. I hate that intersection.

Holy shit another Swift driver. Whenever I see Swift trucks now I kek because I'm reminded of you guys antics. Keep up the good work, Best in Class.

safety by choice, not by chance :^)

Fucking auburn hills rush hour.

I got an CDL, looking forward to making minimum wage for the next 2 years.

I've got a question regarding antidepressants (Zoloft). Will they be an issue? Should I even mention? Can they dig up anything about my medical history?

You're required to explain medications to the physician doing your DOT physical assessment. If you don't, yes that shit can be found, and you can potentially get into trouble for not explaining that shit. It's easiest to just tell them when they ask/write it at the spot on whatever form that asks about medication. I'm sure if there's not any crazy side effects you'll be fine.

May I ask where you heard it can be found? I'm reading medical records (aside from criminal psyche ward type shit) are classified from background checks.

Doctors don't do background checks. They can look up your medical history when serving you, i.e. when you're there for your DOT-mandated physical assessment. The CDL isn't the only thing you need to drive, you also need a valid medical clearance card.

Hello truckfriends

I am having my car shipped from west coast to east coast. My question is how much does shit inside get shifted around and thrown on one of those auto transporters?

It's a roundabout, yes? I see nothing wrong there. They had right of way, you waited.

I love it. It's the fastest interchange I'm the area.

Quite a bit. Trucks have a lot more suspension travel than cars, and a lot more mass bouncing on top of it.

You missed the pickup slamming on its brakes, being passed on the right, diving over the curb, and the last car to my left not taking the right of way.

Do did i... going to rewatch it.

Got another place for newfags then?

>get CDL
>Dad knows a guy who's small company is looking for a local driver
>get hired after a few months after training with my dad
>two drivers have been there for 20+ years
>Owner tells me it takes a lot to be fired
>tfw found a job for life without doing the normal trucker thing not being home for weeks or working for a mega and getting paid pennies while getting to go home every day at 4:30pm

This might be a long shot, but I figured I'd give it a try. If anyone who drives in Indiana can help identify this driver, it would be much appreciated. The victim was a friend, and a tragic loss for many people.

cdllife.com/2016/top-trucking-news/featured/motorist-dies-after-semi-brake-drum-crashes-through-windshield/

>been lurking
>pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
you're obviously best in class

Neat
Damn that's brutal. How the fuck does a goddamned brake drum come off a moving truck though?

Fucking LA metro area anytime of the day
>hey user, you know that delivery you just barely had time to make in Los Angeles right before all the lumpers took their lunch break?
>we're going to need you to drive to Fontana to swap for a dry van at the yard that never has dry vans and then go to San Bernadino for next load
>the pickup is scheduled for 3.5 hours after the delivery, and we won't authorize the lumpers check until 30 minutes after they finish unloading, that should work, right?

get in the right lane faggot

The fuck kind of shitty companies do all you anons work for? Are there like thirty goddamned Swift drivers lurking and posting as Anonymous here?

Everyone was piling into the right lane like ten goddamn miles before the lane was closed so you bet your ass I took advantage, and the cops didn't even look twice. You aren't supposed to merge early when a lane is closing, you're supposed to remain in lane until you reach the closure, then file into the open lane one after the other, like a zipper. Not following that pattern leads to more traffic backups when asshats fly down the vacant lane like a bat out of hell and then cut folks off, causing them to brake hard.

>brake drum come off a moving truck
No clue. I've heard several different versions of several different stories about how it happened, so it could theoretically be any part of the brake system that they just called "brake drum" because that's something people would recognize. Or perhaps something from his load that wasn't secured, again I don't know.

I'm thinking it was like the brake shoe/pad or it might've been the air chamber.

I feel for you, just posted a vlog on YouTube about it with contact info for the sheriff dept. Good luck.

>afraid of getting a black with an automatic for my mentor
>get cool old guy with a kenworth w900.

THANK GOD

going on my first ever truck delivery from jarupa valley CA to New Jersey tomorrow night! Can't wait!

Thanks swift!

How do shift those cuck wagons? Is there two splitters for low and high in each gear? Can you just switch to high every gear? Explain yourselfs

Is it a manual?
There's a handful of different gearboxes. There's a ten speed which has 1-5 on the low side, then a splitter so you can hit 6-10 on the high side, and then 18 speeds have a different shifter pattern but they have the same splitter switch plus a lo-hi range selector switch to split individual gears. An instructor at the school I went to described it as having a gear marked lo, which is split into lo-lo and lo-hi, then you shift out to neutral, split to high gears, then back into lo which is actually hi now, and that's split into hi-lo and hi-hi, then you go back to neutral, splitter down to low gears again, put 'er in 2nd lo or hi, whichever you pick, he said just leave it in hi unless you really needed the extra gears to climb a hill, and go 2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

It most definitely is a manual. He was telling me that he can show me two different types of transmissions in it. It was a little hard to understand him on the phone, so I didn't get exactly what he meant

I might've gotten that a bit wrong. May have been lo, hi, 2, 3, 4 on the low side, then 5, 6, 7, 8 on the high side, but 5 starts at where hi is on the low side, so the spot for lo is only for lo.

He probably meant that the pattern is doubled, if it's a ten speed. 1-5 matches 6-10 on the H pattern layout.

If I remember right, he said it was an 8 speed, I might be wrong though..

I don't think I'd count using a splitter as a "second transmission" though

Youtube videos will explain it the best. 10 spd is 1-5, range selector up, 6-10. 13spd and 18spd are similar but you have a splitter for every gear. You don't have to use the splitter all the time either. With an 18spd, you will probably rately use the splitter for lower gears.

Its possible it cracked or something and a piece flew out. With some of the junk on the roads out there anything is possible.

>owns a Swift
>wants to truck for Swift

Bruh have you ever even seen a brake drum on a semi truck or trailer? If it cracked badly enough that a piece broke off, that shit was not road worthy years ago.

Yup, and I've seen them crack before too. Some clown might have got it real hot once and drove through water or something right after, that kind of rapid temperature change can easily fuck metal right up.

I just can't see a brake drum booting around on the back of a trailer though. It just doesn't make sense to me.

>Old guy in a W900

Probably 18 speed. Old boys love the big transmissions, even if they never use them to potential.

That is true, I had forgotten for a moment about how much they heat up under hard braking. I check that shit like I'm supposed to though, so if that really was a brake drum, that dude and everyone else that's pulled that trailer clearly wasn't doing their inspections.

Yup, how many guys have a "circle check" thats really just walking around the trailer waiting for air? And it potentially could have had a safety done a year ago that the mechanic decided was just barely acceptable? Lots of things to consider when it comes to truck maintenance and lazy drivers.

I got a two year medical card already.

Weather here on Wednesday was hot, but I doubt there were any patches of water or anything like that on 46, no rain that day.
That's what I'm wondering about. For whomever this driver was to not have noticed or reported something by now suggests someone skirting the rules. I'm a CDL driver myself, and I know what shortcuts some people are wont to take.

who /ownerop/ here wanna hire me as your duo driver and train me? i'll drive/train for free until you feel like i'm worth paying. pls

pros:
cdl medical card etc
100% clean background
quiet, friendly, white, not fat/smelly, not a sjw

cons:
rapist pedophile (unofficially)
1 speeding ticket for going 99 in a 15 while dui with a minor and a firearm in a construction zone and school zone in a stolen car
vegan

Weather here on Wednesday was hot, but I doubt there were any patches of water or anything like that on 46, no rain that day.
That's what I'm wondering about. For whomever this driver was to not have noticed or reported something by now suggests someone skirting the rules. I'm a CDL driver myself, and I know what shortcuts some people are wont to take.

Edit - This was her car. The shape in the windshield, especially the curve on top, suggests a disc I think.

do they hair test?

>vegan
Nope. Never.

Too small to be a transport truck drum. Doesn't even look big enough to be a small car drum, unless it hit on its side or something maybe.

No sir. Just piss test.

Short class. 3 weeks and done.

I'm a fast leaner and am top 5 in my class

I feel really bad for any slow learners though, because theres not enough trainers for special attention for the bottom of the class.

Its 100% best choice for people who know what they're doing

how anal are they about confirming work history? a lot of my work was tax free eheheheh, last job was legit though

I know for certain that they called my work that I was working at last (dominos)

This is a federal job, so you better be god damn sure that your resume is legit and you have nothing in your piss or you're in a heap of trouble

piss is fine. hair probably isn't, but even then it's legally prescribed shit but still more hassle because they're blacklisted (xanax and oxycodone) and i can't really prove the lst time i took them, so i'm only looking at companies that only do urinalysis

my work history sucks but it's confirmable by phone. what i mean is like, i worked at this storage company and moving company and both paid me cash, so i guess it was under the table and wouldn't show on a background check of my tax returns or something. my last job was a normal job though.

You'll be fine then. As long as nothing shows up in your piss and you don't tell them the blacklisted drugs

also i have my cdl and medical card already, guessing these mass hiring places are more lenient on people they don't have to pay through training

my school had good instructors but it was fucking dmv testing, not on site. i was the first person to pass all three in one try from my school. not sure if that says more about them or me lol

Call up a swift recruiter if you want. All I'd have to say is good luck on who your mentor is. You get paid 9.50 an hour till you get 200 hours and get your own rig

>vlog
You faggot

I drive a tractor trailer for work sometimes moving large diesel generators for service or replacement and hold a CDL and hazmat certification.

I'm expecting a round of lay-offs in the future and was thinking straight trucking as an temporary okay paying job.

Anyways, do companies pay extra for previous experience even if it was'nt straight trucking? I had like a week training and drove the tractor trailer like maybe 20 days out of the year for 6 years. I'm good at backing up the trailer, that count for better pay?

Is there some way to change electronic logs? I've been off duty for hours but forgot to log it. Now I can't drive until 0900 but that's when my appointment is, I need to leave at 0800.

>how anal are they about confirming work history?
They were fuckin nazis on work history at my company. In addition to ALL job history if you had any gaps ever you had to account for what you were doing at the time with appropriate paperwork or you were out until you could provide the needed proof. The reason I was told was they they wanted to be sure you weren't hiding having worked as a driver before. Apparently drivers try to hide prior driving jobs all the time for some inexplicable reason.

On Qualcomm change your status to Sleeper. Then go to the Approve Logs tab. The top line should be the Off Duty statsu that you just changed. Select that and a blue Edit button should highlight on the bottom right corner. Select Edit and that will open a new screen where you can change that Off Duty to Sleeper. You can even split it if you want using the clock icon in the upper right. Anyway once you change Off Duty to Sleeper you can OK it and then another screen will open that asks for a reason and you can give a quick explanation or do what I do and just put a single period. Then hit OK again and you should be in business.

If it won't do any of that then your Safety department doesn't allow logs to be edited and you're screwed unless you can get night dispatch to do it for you (Good Luck With That!).

i'd tell them to go fuck themselves. i'm not obligated to work, lol. i've worked out of boredom for my entire adult life thanks to inheritance. not to brag i mean but wtf am i gonna do to show why i sat on my ass for 5 years? show them my dads will? my bank account? lol

er i mean when i did work, was because i wanted to, not needed to. so i have large gaps.

Another normie getting BTFO

Eh. When there's a glut of drivers they can pick and choose.

And the only "driver shortage" is of those willing to work for free.

oh, is that why i'm still getting weekly calls from these fuckheads 6 months after applying?

they come off as incredibly desperate but their recruiting practices is a disgusting scheme for govt. handouts so i wouldn't be surprised

hey /tfg/, I'm a janitor at pilot. What can I do to make shit nicer for you guys? Management at my store is shit and doesn't actually tell me what you guys want.

>only weekly calls
Lazy fucks.

Bathrooms that don't smell like an open sewer.
Soap dispensers not empty 24/7/365.
Toilet seats thay aren't crusted in rollerdog diarrhea (underside of the seats NEVER get cleaned)
My biggest complain about pilot though, is
>8 people dicking around behind the counter or at the coffee bar
>one register staffed by a negress with attitude
>thirty people in line waiting for that one faggot buying fuel with a comcheck, wiring money, and returning a gps.
Not really your purview though.

Read the op.

Smell I can't do much about, corporate quit ordering the air freshener we used for bathrooms. I understand where you're coming from though.
Corporate shits on us for not getting good enough driver reviews, if you fill out one of those review whatevers telling them our cashiers are useless we might be able to to get rid of the lazy assholes.

Are any of you truckers while on Zoloft, or any other non-benzo antianxiety/antidepressant? Did you disclose it?

Swift will hire you.

Yet you shower barefoot

Yuck. Don't shower barefoot guys. The mop water is the dirtiest shit and it hardly ever gets changed.

c-can I afford nice cars as a trucker?

what kind of cars would be my price range? 50-75k?