Pass driving test

>pass driving test
>find out insurance is ridiculously high prices
;_; help, i tried to insure small and reasonably old cars like a yaris '04 but the insurance is £5000, can't afford this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

motorcarinsuranceuk.co.uk/post-code-ratings.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not getting ecoboost

Why are the UK insurance prices seemingly so insanely fucking high compared to the rest of the caliphate?

I don't know, it doesn't help that my town is the second largest in europe and there's lots of insurance fraud which further increase the rates.
At this point i'm willing to bet even a shitbox is no less than £3500 even when i'm listed as a 2nd driver.

How old are you? I'm just about to get my first car and insurance is around £1200 for a yaris. It's still a stupid ammount though, since it almost halfs after a year.

>the insurance is £5000

Where do you live?
I got put on as a second driver less on my dad's C1 less than a week after passing at 17 and it was like £750 with a black box

I recently insured myself on a 1.6 litre Clio (18 years old, just over a year of driving) and it was under £900 for the year without a black box

>yaris '04
>£5000
Move out of the city centre

They aren't unless you live in London.

Greater Manchester
I passed last tuesday, i've tried being put as a 2nd driver but it doesn't really help, even with the black box option. Not sure what i should do, i've looked at the comparison websites and individual insurance companies but it's all the same.

It's city centres and under 25 drivers
If you're over 25 and don't live in the city it's apparently one of the cheapest places in Western Europe to insure a car

I'm sorry, but what the fuck? £5k for a yaris? There must be a mistake somewhere?

I'm insuring a Fiesta ST for £428, but i'm 22.

Unlucky mate
Not really sure what advice I could give you
I've always been lucky with living in places with super cheap insurance

postcode lottery
motorcarinsuranceuk.co.uk/post-code-ratings.php

>F *
kek

I paid about as much as my car's price has depreciated a year in insurance.

>D*
Weird
I have a mate who lives in another D* postcode in my postcode area and insurance on a 15 year old Micra with the same driver details was like double the price

Wouldnt expect it to be that bad then. Must be your postcode area.
You could always look at getting a classic car.

I still don't understand why its allowed to discriminate on sex when insuring.

you can't choose your gender, its not x fault the rest of the x are crashing their cars.

They legally can't
If you think you are being discriminated against, I think you need to report them to the Financial Ombudsman Service

Ireland is even worse. Car can't be over 100hp 1.6 and under 15 years old

You can try adding family members as names drivers. That'll bring it down. Your job could be causing an issue and lower your estimated value and annual mileage.

Can't be OVER 15 years old*. That means no old, fun shitboxes.

Not him, but it didn't matter if I had just my dad or both parents on it

the insurance on my bmw was 16000£ per year, was driving it uninsured.

>£16000
Were you trying to insure a brand new M6 in the middle of London?

My cousin added himself and then me as a 2nd driver but the prices are all £4000+ at the minimum. I've down lowmileage annually, e.g. 2000 but it hasn't helped much. I'm a uni student, i don't work.
>lower your estimated value
what do you mean by that? value of what?

>tfw thought my insurance of 500 in GTA was crazy
>See the numbers in this thread
Am i glad, you're over there and i'm over here.

Damn mayne that sux, my gf8 wrx is 62 a month for full cover and my r34 is 57 a month for full cover, move to new zealand mate

That sucks. I 130usd a month for 2 cars.

>mfw my shitbox insurance is only GBP155 per annum.

>filling up tank 120€
fuck, needed job to drive longer than 1000km in econoshitbox

>under 25 drivers

>[spoiler]be 22 years old male and live at home that drives his mother's shitbox
>insurance rates are still fucked because of the reckless boy driver meme despite 4 years of no issues
>parents are trying to pressure me into buying my own car despite my mother literally never using her car, and having a car under my issuance would make my insurance eat up entire paychecks

I'm holding out until my insurance stops thinking I'm a 15 year old doing donuts in his school's football field with a learner's permit[/spoiler]

>find out insurance is ridiculously high prices

In the USA, insurance can also vary a lot due to claims. You already know that.

Just like how some families in the USA move to a different area in order for their kids to go to better public schools, many people also move due to other expenses. For example, living in a low rent area sounds good until you find out everything is stolen once per month. Similarly, if insurance is too high AND you MUST have a car, then you end up moving to an area with lower insurance.

So, if your current area has:
annual rent = £100
annual car insurance = £5000

you might move to a different area with lower insurance fraud and have a net cost savings such as:
annual rent = £150 (50% higher rent)
annual car insurance = £500 (90% lower insurance)

The numbers were picked to give easy percentages. If people move to be able to have a better job, different school district, or to get away from crime, why can't moving to get a better insurance rate also be a reason?

Because literally everyone knows Black Will is the tougemaster.

>still having your mother as the first driver
You do realise if the police catch you and realise you are the only one that uses the car you are absolutely fucked. That's insurance fraud

they would have trouble proving that plus he doesn't own the car

how the fuck
you must have a 70 liter tank at least

that's a pretty normal sized tank

something the size of an A3 will have something like that
my Clio tank is around 55 litres

nationwide insurance just quoted me 346$ per month with over $500 up front they dont even offer storage insurance

im 25 and havent had a ticket since christmas

i actually pay £3200 on a 1.3 '98 nissan micra at 20 with no mods. postcode is F* according to this motorcarinsuranceuk.co.uk/post-code-ratings.php

hopefully going for modified car insurance with flux or sky very soon though

yeah sry the way i wrote it sound kinda stupid
i know every sedan and minivan have a 70 L tank
but still if you do 120 /65 (because you don't empty you tank all the down )
that still makes 1.8 euro bock per liter that pretty high

Might be Dutch or Norwegian

Judging by the word "ombudsman" I take it that it's illegal in Britain, not the US. I find it absurd that people can be all for equal pay at work and equal education opportunity, but nobody has even mentioned insurance discrimination. If it's bad that a woman pays more for medical insurance, why isn't it bad that a man pays more for car insurance? Like the other guy said, I didn't choose to have a dick, just because more men drive enthusiast cars and hoon doesn't mean I'm doing the same thing (in my four years driving I haven't ONCE had a claim, ticket, or anything). But by virtue of my age and my genitals that means clearly I'm going to just snap and careen my AWD sedan around a tree at any given moment. Because statistics.

>be 20 year old American
>insurance is $800 a year
Feels good

>If it's bad that a woman pays more for medical insurance, why isn't it bad that a man pays more for car insurance?
Men under the age of 25 are statistically more likely to be involved in a crash. So, insurance is higher for them because there is a greater chance of an accident.

This is all done by number crunchers. Maybe you should look up how insurance works.

Yea it was made illegal a few years ago
There are insurers that were aimed at women drivers because it gave them lower premiums, but now they all just do things like Handbag Cover

Why dont you just let your parents insure the car you fucking retard and you give them the money

Chavs.

They buy shitty old hatchbacks, then wrap them around bridge supports.
HISTORICAL bridge supports, some older than the USA.
One dipshit around here spun into a bridge built during the industrial revolution. The road was closed for a week. The railway under the bridge was closed for most of a day/ The road leading to the bridge was dropped from 40 to 30 for years, while they fixed the bridge. The railways had delays for the whole time, traffic was fucked up, woe, misery, dogs and cats living together, etc etc.
The insurance company was given a bill, and told the driver he'd never be insured again. Then they told the local authorities that they, a large corporation, had no hope in hell of paying the millions of pounds of damage caused. The taxpayer footed the bill, in the end.

Every time a dimwit goes off a twisty road, through a barrier, a fence, and a hedge, and ends up upside-down in a field, the road has to be closed while they cut him out of his car. The farmer has to be paid for the crops damaged. The road then has to be changed to be safer.

Basically, 'babby's first car' is going to be 'babby's first car accident' at some point, often with serious injury, property damage, murder, or both,
THEN there's the shidicks who can't drive for shit and hit things and drive off.

Just kill yourself, insurance is shit until you're 25. Only way out is to have a shitbox until that time, and only insure bodily injury. I'd also spend 30 minutes and get quotes from everyone, a few offers for me were 40% less for full coverage.

Be extra sure to not be involved in anything until that time too, or it will get exponentially worse. It really doesn't matter what you do or who you are, insurance companies are ageist and you're a 16 year old until you're 25, even if you have an absolutely perfect record, it doesn't matter.

The only other thing that can be done is to move to a rural location. Not like you can move tomorrow, but If you get job offers that paid the same for example and you didn't care either way, go with the rural one. It's the only thing you can do when you're underage.

>Pass motorcycle test
>buy a ninja 300
>insurance is 45 bucks a month

The question I want answered is how did the Jews manage to establish these high prices over the past 20 years. I mean look at shitholes like Poland paying chips for insurance and then the US has great insurance prices

>HISTORICAL

lmao

as if they still care about historical monuments/buildings/whatever in yurop.

I know that's bait but if you want proof walk through any European town center

>they brag about their cars being better
>can't afford anything over .8 liters

If they live in city centres which are communist caliphates they can only drive a G-Wiz shared by 3 post codes
If you live outside of a city you can actually afford a car

Why are Americans so obsessed with Europe even though they repeatedly claim the don't care?

or is it just b8

I'm a Brit and

stopped reading there

>right now there's 200 million white americans
not even 30 million "white" brits. % means close to jack shit when every second "brit" is rasheed

>more browns to work shit jobs and make me rich
Perfect for business owners like myself.

Da fuck are you insuring, a Bentley? I only pay a $180 6 month premium with full coverage

The rates quoted are for a whole year. Yours is for a month.

You are joking right?
I pay ~£1000 for a 1.6 civic with 0 no claims.
Goes down to £5-600 in a couple months when I get my one years no claims at the end of September.
If I had to pay £3200 I would just take the bus.

>£5000
>meanwhile paying 660 USD every 6 months

Oh UK you slay me.

>always go comprehensive
>put your dad/fucking anyone old on your policy as a second driver
>mess with the days you purchase it, want it august 12th? that'll be 3 grand sir, august 14th? 2 grand. youll be surprised
>try changing your name, not a joke
>always say it will be garaged even if its not
>always go max fucking excess as you aren't going to claim EVER on a shitbox anyway

Also some cars are just marked for death. When I was trying to get insured on my first car I'd have liked a mk4 golf or really any 3 series, but even a seriously shit slow one that did 0-60 in 10+ seconds had sky high premiums.

Start looking for cars you actually like and you might be surprised to find the rates are cheaper than on shit cars. For example I could get insured on a E39 520i (slow but come on you'd rather have an E39 than a Yaris) for cheaper than a Golf, a lot cheaper than a Golf.

Some cars just slip through the net when it seems to make so sense why they are so cheap to insure. quattro Audi's are cheaper to insure than FWD ones as some companys class AWD as a safety feature.

Speaking of which.

I just checked what my insurance premiums are going to be next year and they are 3+ grand, a 50% increase on this year. Looks like I'm selling my car bois ayyyyy

Why would you even insure a 2004 yaris?

>>mess with the days you purchase it, want it august 12th? that'll be 3 grand sir, august 14th? 2 grand. youll be surprised
This is so fucking stupid
I saved like £300 in a £1100 premium by starting my insurance a week later

>>put your dad/fucking anyone old on your policy as a second driver
Not OP, but i just added my dad onto insurance on a car i'm buying next week and it dropped £250, thanks user.

Oddly though saying i put it in a garage or my drive (which i wanted to do) raises the price. Insurance makes no fucking sense.

>murican, 20 yrs old
>Only car I own is an 81 Camaro
>400hp
>2nd car I've ever owned
>Just under $1100 full year coverage
>feels gud mang

You just need to play around with it and you can save some money, but don't go too crazy with it like trying to insure a C1 while driving around a S-Class