>be poorfag student driving a shitbox
>looking for a better car earlier this year
>GT86 ticks all of my boxes
>can't afford even the cheapest ones at ~ €16,000
>sign up for summer job for my entire summer vacation
>earn 4 grand
>cheapest GT86 in decent condition now is €19,500
>still can't afford

Why in the name of the actual fuck does the value of this car INCREASE as it gets older and the new model is just around the corner? I'm gonna kill myself if prices don't drop when people sell their used ones for the facelift model.

your a student you shouldnt even have money much less a car

how much is your student loan sitting at currently? and do you even have a good enough job to start paying it off 6 months after you graduate?

>student loan
I'm German, no such thing as student loans.

>Why in the name of the actual fuck does the value of this car INCREASE as it gets older and the new model is just around the corner?
Maybe you should have studied economics

>retard actually wants to spend big bucks on a slow piece of shit

frs owners in a nutshell

I don't want this car because I can spend big bucks on it, I have to spend big bucks because I want the car. If I just wanted to go fast I'd take the train.

poster is modern day german pic related

we p/o/l now

>Maybe you should have studied economics

>brand new base models as cheap as €22,000
>50,000km, 4 years old at least €18,000
>well over €19,000 if you want some nice features and decent condition

None of my economics classes covered this.

Itsuki is more of an eastern european

Did they cover supply and demand?

THIRD WORLDERS BTFO

Seriously though I'm pretty fucking annoyed that I have to choose between a fancier school and financial responsibility. I was planning on going to UCLA or USC but they're not realistic options for me.

4920 units sold since 2012, around 2100 of them to private people. Both supply and demand are so low around here, I don't even know if you can apply the usual principles.

Get a job and finance it you fuck

Its because frs and brz owners actually think their car has more value than any other shitbox.

still the most fun to drive under $30k along with the miata. Maybe a golf but that's even slower.

If I could get a stable income to finance a car I wouldn't be aiming for a GT86. More than a small part time job to cover living expenses isn't viable while studying, engineering isn't liberal arts.

>student loans
holy fuck america get it together

>GT86 ticks all of my boxes
so a really slow car with torque drop is one of your boxes?

you really should raise your standards.

Due to the new model coming around the corner people are trying to capitalize on the excitement and increased demand. Wait for it to come out and let the hype settle and get the previous gen while it depreciates fast due to people liquidating to make room for the new model.

It's not even a new model, just a mid cycle refresh with an even uglier front end.

>implying I'm basing my choice on negative aspects
Slow is relative, it's a whole lot faster than what I'm driving now. It might be slower than an ecoboost mustang or a 20 year old performance car someone else has farted in for 150,000km.
>inb4 Miata

Get an rsx.

There's 15 for sale in my entire country, pretty much exclusively 90's shitboxes.