/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>staggered
>Vicar/Redditslayer Event
pastebin.com/RMGciAGD

>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11300086
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for poise

First for Chen

Carrying over Poll from other thread, currently DS1 is winning with 41% of votes.
strawpoll.me/11300086

FIGHT CLUB

I've been gone since just a week after the launch of DS3, I'm seeing alot of people hating on it and disliking it. I'm just starting it up now my first time playing it since I didn't get a chance. So I'm wondering why does /dsg/ hate it? It seems better than DS2 but that's just my opinion.

I can post them later

>better than DS2

thats not an achievement, its a decent game but it's not nearly as good as dark souls, demon souls or bloodborne

DaS3 poise reminder:

>You have an invisible meter of 100.
>When it gets to 0, you stagger whether or not you're in hyperarmor.
>Poise reduces incoming stagger damage by the given percentage.
>Poise damage is calculated at all times regardless if you're in hyperarmor or not.
>Weapons have anywhere from 5 to 30 stagger damage, + or - for attack modifiers.
>Some HA attacks have a modifier that increases or decreases your poise during attacks.
>The meter automatically refreshes back to 100 every 30 seconds or after hitting 0.

>I'm seeing alot of people hating on it and disliking it
what you see is a few shitposting degenerates bombarding the general with stale copypasta with arguments direclty from leddit
play and form your own opinion instead

Reminder that there's no such thing as ganking a host

ebin

Did we ever set a name for the other kind of 'covenant' type of thing, without being involved in this whole Vicar x Bloodshade nonsense? It's a good idea on paper, but it's just become a war for whatever reason.

reminder that every souls game is good in it's own way

reminder that every souls game has objectively shit PvP outside of invasions

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>fails to innovate
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC actually won't save it

The hate is almost entirely memes and a few DaS2fags who won't shut up.

And most of said memes come from other DaS2fags.

It's only a couple of resident shitposters that say that 2 is better.

Base DS3 is actually way better than base bloodborne in terms of level design, bosses and quality of life improvements. DS1 and DeS cannot even be compared to it because DS3 improved over them in virtually every single area aside from DS1 area interconnections maybe.

Are you one of the delusional ones?

> I'm seeing alot of people hating on it and disliking it
memer's for the most part, but it's missing stuff like the blue eye orb etc

>It seems better than DS2
wow amazing, who'da thunk it?

t. bloodshade coldsteel

Reminder that blacks can't be racist

YO WADDUP!!!

/dsg/ is not good for long-term things like covenants.

Is this some sort of joke

I don't hate DS3.
The PvE is very tight and the game feels like a real blast to play, but the replay value starts feeling a bit meh faster than DS1/Demon's.
The combat is fun, the presentation is also very decent and it generally feels like Demon's Souls 2.0.
But there are flaws like there are checkpoints too frequently, Refined infusion makes a lot of infusions obsolete on high sl, the game progression is very linear.

Stay delusional

No, it's just what happens when you don't have nostalgia goggles superglued to you.

Redpill me on the Spiked Mace /dsg/. I'm having tons of fun with it, even if I'm dogshit with it.

Anything on my build that you'd recommend changing? I'm ass at figuring out optimized stats and stuff like that.

Basically, DSIII comes off as stale. At least, that's what I hear a lot. Also, DSII shitters who feel naked without Havel's on.

t. delusional

Nice strawmen, I expect nothing else from the delusional

make that damn mace heavy

Nah not really, I still replay Ds1, DeS, and BB quite regularly. The other 2 games are just not as enjoyable for me, less memorable too.

>Base DS3 is actually way better than base bloodborne in terms of level design, bosses and quality of life improvements

Stop posting anytime.

at this level and during simple random invasions it will wreck shit like most other greatclubs, though i like it not as much as smuph's hammer of fuck your shields and fuck you and great club with its great rollcatching r2
as for your build, it's alright though with both bloodrig and prisoner's chain you get your absorption literally raped, and why the fuck do you need greatshield

>base DS1 world design is a schizophrenic spider web
>base DS2 world design was four long corridors and one double-sized extra long corridor
>base DS3 world design is branching paths with no overlap

DaS1 is the only souls game that did it right.

>no vicar signs or anyone hosting

I WANT TO PURGE

At the same time DS3's individual level design is the best in the entire series and a pretty big achievement for Fromsoft.

>imgur.com/a/qYpf1
That image misrepresents the entire series, never post it again

Other than having too many bonfires I agree.

use a backup barbed straightsword or something

If you want to be real fancy, put the mace in your left and the morion blade in your right with a pocket caestus on your left. Holy Y to twohand your mace for spin to win, or onehand to use your straightsword and or parry. The morion effect stays as long as you have the weapon out of pocket, and it can be used to add bleed like the mace and stacks with RTSR.

of course not. But still objectively better than 3, despite its flaws.

IMO, it goes

in order of release, and the games get worse over time.

DeS is the best, and DaS3 is the worst

that's why on all of my ng+ runs i'm not using bonfires except for very first one on the level
it makes the game much more tight and enjoyable
having to explore entirety of Settlement with one bonfire and maybe dried finger activated is a great experience

fuck no, DaS3's design is one straight line with like 2 or 3 stubby side branches.

DaS3's linearity makes DaS2 look DaS1 tier by comparison

why a greatshield when you can't even poke/have extra iframes anyway? Are you just using to block then pop the WA? Does that give you a guaranteed connection?

Stop posting this disingenuous, biased, shitty image. I swear some of you DaS2 haters are as delusional as the people who believe you can gank a host (no such thing)

I don't know. DaS1's Blighttown felt grimier than Farron Woods ever could, the Ash Lake was majestic, Demon Ruins wasn't just Catacombs with a red overlay, etc.

It doesn't misrepresent it, it simplifies it. The same idea is still being conveyed.

You have Lordran twice, and Dragon Memories and Lord's Private Chambers hardly count as levels.

>people genuinely believe DaS3 is better than DaS2 or DaS1
>people unironically and genuienly believe that the PvP in DaS3 is better than DaS2
>people actually believe that the PvE is better in DaS3 than it is in DaS1
>there are people in this general who believe DaS3 is the best Soulsborne game

This is fucking hysterical. The only other place I've seen this much delusional opinions and "facts" is from Russboo and Ameriboo's in /k/

that image is shit bait that gets posted literally every thread, but people keep responding to it
stop, please

It's just b8 so he can get (you)s, user

You realize it's a guaranteedreplies.jpg image?

Here take this

There is a certain bias in the first picture though

>fuck no, DaS3's design is one straight line with like 2 or 3 stubby side branches
>base DS3 world design is branching paths with no overlap

Same thing.

*cringes*

will you people ever stop fucking arguing

it's embarrassing

Did anybody ever get round to doing DeS and BB in that style?

Bloodshade low lvl meta is 40SL?

Opinions without evidence are still objectively false, user.

People don't post here for hugboxes.

>truth is bait

Fucking Autist. If you actually take a step back from dick sucking Dumbizaki you'd actually realise that DaS3 is MEDIOCRE AT BEST

When people admit that there's no such thing as ganking a host

Not until people stop having biases of any kind, wich will be never

Don't think so, shame actually; although i think BB's one would be more interesting than DeS' imo

So? The reason why DS2's map looks inflated is because they give you a "new area" every dozen footsteps. It's like cutting your pie into more pieces to pretend that you've got more pie. Either way, interconnectivity doesn't really mean much in games where warp is granted from square one.

Thanks, just did it. Can't believe I forgot about that.

Yeah, my absorption is literally something like -15 or around there. I figure that the secret is just not to get hit, which is kinda hard with a Great Hammer. I just have the greatshield on there because I've literally never used one before and wanted to. Also figured that some people might get surprised by the WA being launched from behind the shield.

Thanks for the advice on morion. I didn't know it still procced on other weapons.

>Does that give you a guaranteed connection?
No, it doesn't. I tried it a couple times and people could roll out of it. I just wanted to try a GS for the first time. Honestly, I kind of hate it. It's too heavy for what it does.

>COMPLETE lack of ANY reading comprehersion
people like you make me ashamed of liking DaS2

*contemplates the fact that there's no such thing as ganking a host*

>Thanks for the advice on morion. I didn't know it still procced on other weapons.
Yup. Same goes for OWCS, even if you don't have the weapon requirements.

>even more evidence as to why DaS3 sucked ass

Oh gee. it's just piling atop into a mountain.

Anyone have the details on how to get proper bow and Sirius quest line in one playthrough without ng+

The only problem I have with bloodborne's level design is the lack of sequence breaks.
Killing 4 kings early was always hilarious.

I'm pretty sure you can't, but you can still get darkmoon loyalty prior to giving a tongue to rosaria.

Impossible. The requirements for proper bow is the same thing that pisses off Sirris.

You can at least get darkmoon loyalty and proper bow, then kill sirris for her talisman, but you'll miss out on silvercat ring.

You can only do Sirris' questline up to the Cr8 fight if you go for proper bow

>progress the questlines
>get proper bow
>go absolve sin at velka
is that not it?

Someone needs to replace the second image with a clear one of the player about to backstab someone

The people who wanted to do a rogue-esque Fingers-like covenant suggested 'Stalker' as a prefix. Should do fine?

yeah, but if you don't give tongues you can't summon heysel for proper bow like he'd asked

last I checked absolution doesn't do anything

>Great club or similar build video on youtube
>It's just based around backstabs

Epic animation dudes. Quality video.

i was thinking about something like that but i had already used backstabs two times.
then again, it IS backstab souls.

>DaS3
>straight sword or katana video on youtube
>it's just countless R1 hits

Ebin duddde

>tfw your annoying straight sword play makes the guy so mad that he starts chugging like crazy (more than he needed to) during something that was supposed to be a fair duel and then chugs everytime he got hit
lmao

>kill vordt, buy dark hand and londor tome, free irina
>give tome to irina, buy dark blade and VoS
>kill emma, punch dancer to death
>pillage lothric castle and loot everything not nailed down
>annihilate the rest of the game with +10 weapons, endgame stats, and a weapon buff

Fuck it, I don't even feel guilty anymore. Antipaladin for life.

Velka's absolution just de-aggros NPCs and makes Andre/Handmaiden not hate you anymore. It won't do anything about questlines.

So, how does this sound as a pissoff build?

>Max luck
>Hollow ghru curved sword
>Poison resin
>Armor of Thorns

I'll just poison them and then roll around like a jerkoff until they slowly die.

Why do the invaders that I fight ever use estus? Don't they know that I have double the amount they do and increased HP on top of that? If it comes to a battle of attrition, the host will win 100% of the time.

I will never sip first, so why would they back up into mobs and squander my goodwill? They only have a fair chance of winning because I'm allowing it. I don't understand

Luck scaling for status effects is reduced in pvp to the point that max luck won't even let you poison/bleed someone in 1 fewer hits.

you can outheal poison with a blessed item or SPR I think

do it with base stats during high wall invasions instead

I'd suggest toxic mist but it's really not worth it
Doesn't have the range of DaS1 or the speed of DaS2

there

Rosaria's Stinkfinger

So I can do up to cr8 and still get proper bow?

Is there a way to get her armor after doing the cr8 part?

Also how exactly do I get the proper bow and still make it to the cr8 fight? I don't want to mess it up

Moss.
The End is your worst enemy.

You have half a second to name a helmet that works with drakeblood that is not drakeblood or Yuria's (not that it actually works with it anyway)

Playing through Dark Souls 1 currently, just got to the part where I have to obtain the four souls for the Lord Vessel.
I am playing a STR/based character, but I was thinking of getting a second weapon enchanted with some element, as a backup-weapon mostly. Is this worth it? And if so, should I get Electricity or Fire or something else?

>So I can do up to cr8 and still get proper bow?
I don't see how, you need to kill abyss watchers just to reach cr8.

>Is there a way to get her armor after doing the cr8 part?
Murder her.

That's what those weapons are about though. And even so you find a lot of r2s. Dark souls 1 videos with those weapons are just that but with 1000 cuts to riposts and backstabs.

It's just so funny when people say this and that weapon is viable in dark souls 1 and then refer to a video with only backstabs.

sorcerer hood?

SL 175 is another Meta on PS4 it seems. I have seen as many signs, if not more, at Pontiffs on my SL 175 than at SL 60, 80, and 120.

Nothing resists physical damage enough to warrant a backup elemental weapon. Just get another strength weapon with a different damage type, like thrust.

>Is there a way to get her armor after doing the cr8 part?
I'm pretty sure the handmaiden sells it at the end of the good route

Perfect