Truck general? Didn't see another one, so truck general

Truck general? Didn't see another one, so truck general.

I'm looking for the guy in or around DFW who also saw this Bronco, that I bought, on Craigslist and offered me bumpers for sale in another thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

reno.craigslist.org/cto/5717942753.html
dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/5648335505.html
fayar.craigslist.org/cto/5700586362.html
hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-9809-ford-406-engine-build/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I don't end up getting another 2500hd Chevy or GMC, I'm looking at possibly getting a 2016 GMC Canyon with the 2.8L Duramax diesel or a recent Toyota Tacoma with the 3.5L and manual transmission. What are y'alls thoughts on these options?

reno.craigslist.org/cto/5717942753.html
What do you guys think, should I make an offer.

Fuck, I'd kill for a clean 78/79

The Duramax is a solid bet. For those interested, it's based on the old VM Motori unit that used to be fitted to the Jeeps (still fitted to the Wrangler in some markets).

Get the Ram with an EcoDiesel. I think it might come with a memeshift

It might come with a stick but it will also blow up. those engines are terrible.

See

Have any proof? or just baseless assumption

Yea, the Duramax Canyon really caught my eye. Seems great for city driving and I could still do some towing with it. In that case, I would still have my old 2500hd to tow the real heavy shit.

Are you talking about the 1500 Dodge with the Ecodiesel?

This is Veeky Forums. Everything is baseless assumption.

Just google EcoDiesel problems. They are far from reliable, which is a shame because a 1/2 with a stick is exactly what I want. I don't care much for the over regulated diesels were stuck with though.

Yes the 1500

They can have problems, but all engines can. It seems like a lot have made it to 50k with no problems. btw I checked and I dont think you can get an ecodiesel with a manual transmission.

I thought you could get a stick with the ecodiesel, but your right, it doesn't look like it.

Not sure I want a 1500. Haven't completely ruled one out, but I was more considering going for either another big truck (2500hd) or go for a small one (Canyon or Tacoma).

If you want big and stick shift the ram 2500 has that but only with 6.7 diesel

What's a cheap truck around Canada that i can replace my CRV for hauling?

Requirments:
4x4 and at least a V6 or a I4 as powerful as a V8.

It was also towing 40 behind it, i can hear my car scream. I mean not actually, it was all good and easy, for all 3 trips.

I wanna be able to carry a couple hundred of these bales in my bed, but towing isn't too bad. I'm just not very good at it.

Markham to Toronto. BTW gas is not an issue, this is the partially free world.

I'm a little less flexible in my 2500 choice. Pretty big Chevy/GMC fan. Really just trying to choose between another gasser or a diesel.

This is my truck
It's slow as fuck
If you don't like it
you may be a cuck

Here's my POS.

Back on the road after like 6 months because RIP 4L60E.

My bricknose.

replace or de-oxidize your fucking headlights

I'm more concerned about the lack of clearcoat on the hood or roof desu lad

Love me some fucking Jeep Comanche. Those were the coolest little trucks the 90s ever gave us.

I'm here OP. I imagine the bumpers are still available.
I don't know where you're at, but the guy with the parts is south of Fort Worth.

Hue turks

go to bed

I live in south Fort Worth. Do you have his number or a way I can contact him? Also, didn't you say he had other parts as well?

Here's my '89.

Looks fucking clean. Are they worth anything? Are they sought after? Or is it just an old niche truck thats hard to find?

Did somebody say half ton with a stick?

Thats a sexy truck tho

... not this shit again

They're sought after by jeep collectors, especially XJ enthusiasts, and command a $1-2k premium over them for any given condition. I've seen restored/highly preserved examples going for $4-6k with built offroaders going anywhere between $3.5 and $8k.

They're fun.

Commanche like that (assuming it's a 4.0 and 4x4) would probably go for 3500-4500. If it were in perfect 10/10 unmolested shape it would bring 10k+.

They're pretty rare.

He keeps a running craigslist ad up for parts.
Let me dig it up real quick

Here is one of his ads.
dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/5648335505.html
The initial prices he throws at you can be pretty high, but he has never not taken whatever offer I give him.
He's got about 10 trucks to pull parts off of in his back yard, some of them are pretty picked over, but he gets new ones on occasion. I know for sure he has a 78-79 front bumper though.

It's a 2wd auto unfortunately but I've got a 4wd conversion planned for it eventually. Won't be super duper expensive to throw the parts in considering they come cut and wired for it in the first place. Payed $1,400 for it.

That's not a bad deal, you want the auto anyways. People that think manual transmissions are good for offroading are fucking retards.

My favorite generation

>Hurr comment about this whore so I can tell the friends with benefits story again
Just go ahead man.

what older trucks had awd? as in full time 4x4

I know the old Ramcharger has full time 4x4.

really? was it optional or standard? i remember my neighbors having one when i was growing up, it was a beast in the snow

oh my fuck,

what kind of ancient as fuck 4wd system am I looking at?

its personal preference dude. When I go to rausch I see more autos than manuals but the guys wheeling sticks are still running the blacks just fine.

VEMCO V-drive from the image search. Pretty interesting to read about.

the kind that full size vans used. never was used on trucks.
things like chevy G vans, Econolines etc.

pic related
the emblem the vans had

why do so many fuckers use their broncoes as plows and kill them with rust and shit?

Off idle torque in the autos is way more beneficial than people give credit for.

If anybody had tried to explain this to me, I would have rage flipped and argued for 3 days that such a thing doesn't exist...

How To Be Sure You're A Stubborn Faggot vol.1

they used anything.

Because they were very capable and they were everywhere.
I've bought 2 broncos in the past.
Paid $800 each- both fully functional and driving.
First one was virtually 100% original- zero rust and factory undercoating on the frame and belly still.
Ran like shit but it felt like something simple.
Took it home and changed plugs, one was broken (300 I6 so it kinda needed that plug).
Kind of hard to find those deals nowadays though.

They make great plow trucks. The short wheelbase means they fit anywhere and are easily maneuverable. Shame because it's only got 55k on it, but for $600 it's served me well so far.

This is true, I know my fauilts at least.

fayar.craigslist.org/cto/5700586362.html

>1979-1993 mustang: 179.6 inches overall length.
>1980-1996 bronco: 180.4 inches overall length.

Kind of ridiculous.

1/4 tones are for cucks

I got lost on my way to the mall

Ive got an 09 ranger that i want to do something too but i have no project ideas. What should i do with it, its got a 4.0 and a 5speed in it.

Awesome, you're the man!

My 78 is pretty clean for its age. It's missing the carpet and a few other interior pieces but most of it is there and it's completely rust free aside from the very back edge of the left rear quarter panel. Rust is a little excessive there but other than that it's solid. I just need to fix some leaks on the differentials and completely redo the brakes and it will be a solid reliable truck. Everything else is just little stuff.

Got to try out electric steering recently on a newish 3/4 ton ferd. Does anyone actually like this shit? I feel like I'm bouncing around the highway since every bump and divot in the road knocks the steering wheel around like crazy.

Would still have my 3/4 ton truck for when I need it in that scenario.

how come you guys don't get the nissan navara in the US?
it's pretty much the best truck you can buy at the moment.

>Frontier
>Best truck on the market

No.

So I was about to buy a B2600 2WD to make a 4G63t street/strip drag truck out of, but now I've got a line on a 4x4 for cheaper. Do I buy the 4x4 and launch in 4WD? Or launch in 2WD? Or convert it to 2WD? Or just buy the 2WD truck I was looking at for a couple hundred more?

Will the 4x4 drivetrain handle the abuse? I'd probably just go with 2WD, convert the rear to a 4 bar for drag racing, and stick in something like a Ford 8.8".

why is a powerwagon so expensive

watching the new roadkill made me think the mopar people really are weird

Dunno, I hear a lot of people saying never to use 4WD on hard surfaces, but also a lot of people saying they drag race in 4WD all the time. My plan is to use a disk brake Explorer axle in the rear with a panhard and A-frame setup like AutoX_a_Truck's, but I haven't looked into front drivetrain upgrades.

a 46 powerwagon in this condition is what $90,000?

is this kind of plow common in places like buffalo?

Most Mopar guys are autists that want everything factory fresh down to the correct type and color of factory original fasteners and chalk/paint marks from the factory line.

wtf rear suspension

Your typical GM truck arm suspension

does that explain that guys house, Steve Dulcich? and the last episode they found another guys house was like, the same....
episode 54 the guy in oregon, there is something weird.

what is the advantage on a truck? on something like an el camino yeah i can see it being nice

if you're mostly on the street get the 4wd. if it's on the strip get the 2wd.

does it have 8.8 rear axle? if not, put it in. also explorer leaves, or add a leaf, leveling blocks, bull bar, upgrade the seats with mustang gt's, do explorer over head console swap, do a radio swap.

Why do I always see this image and why does it give me such a feeling of sadness

so if you see this in the junkyard is there anything worth pulling? honestly if i see a van i ignore it

i think all 4.0 had the 8.8
only 28 spline though

Probably doesn't even belong in this thread but opinions on the new 2017 Ridgeline? Trying to choose between it and the 2016 Tacoma. Tacoma looks a lot better but the Ridgeline is more familiar I guess since I've never driven a truck before

gross

frontier isn't the navara, mate.
navara has a turbo diesel engine.

so it has that god awful emissions shit
EGR
DEF
maybe even a god damn cat

all stuff that breaks on a diesel. no exceptions

If you need a truck, get the Tacoma. If you need an SUV, get the Ridgeline.

why would that worry you
you americans don't even go offroad with your pickups
you all just drive on the 'freeway' to the 'mall' to get a 'burger'.
you shouldn't even have a pick up unless you legitimately need it.

we break them on all of our diesels even if we do not offroad. its pretty bad.

people like to blame the diesel quality, but its the engineering thats at fault.

mate, people put 200k hard miles on navaras without a problem.
chevy and ford make shit trucks. that's why they break.
american trucks aren't made for real work. thats why nobody outside of america buys them.

mah reply dissapered
i said we break them routinely on our diesels.
def is a steaming pile of shit
EGR clogs and is cancer
cats are just going to clog or go bad

have a photo of an egr valve on a diesel
do you want this on your engine?

i do not care if its a nissan or mercedes. it will have issues

How do you like muh truck, Veeky Forums? I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. It's an F-350 dually converted to 4x4 with a 400 small block in it. The flatbed is going to a friend, and then I'll be swapping on a crew cab and building a shorter flatbed for it with provisions for a fifth wheel hitch. Also, apparently it's possible to get 400+ BHP out of the 400 for just a couple grand. I'm pretty good friends with my machinist, so I can get all the machine work done on it for lunch money.

So in the end I'll have a 400hp 4x4 dually that seats 6 with a 6 foot flatbed with fifth wheel, underslung boxes, and optional fence, and a 50+ gallon fuel capacity. Is there any functionality I'm overlooking? It's only going to see maybe 1000-2000 miles per year so I'm not really worried about day-to-day practicality, just "I really wish I had a vehicle that could do that" scenarios.

while the 400 is ok the c6 a shit. i like overdrive.

That's, this article, right?
hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-9809-ford-406-engine-build/
I already read it, the idea of 400 HP in a practical vehicle for under 3 grand made me wet.

ok i wont post more seriously if that had overdrive it would be a solid truck.