/parag/ - Paragon General

Steve won edition

>What is paragon?
A game.
>What makes it different from other mobas?
We have two axis :^)
>Waifus?

Here we attempt to discuss paragon with steve posters. doesn't end well.

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/v32-release-notes
discord.gg/HkD4WFf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bimmy is my fav ranger. Sheild is based

xth for gideon buffs when?

:^)

bump lol

Ded game, not enough shilling

i'm just not getting it. previews and marketing made it seem like it'd be an Unreal MOBA, a shooter like Overwatch with more traditional FPS sensibilities. but it's painfully slow and awkward. i've tried some heroes but they all just play so awkwardly. netcode is pretty bad, visually everything is kinda muddy. is it gonna be f2p on launch? i couldn't see myself shelling out any money for this period in its current state.

It's free forever.
The game was fun, but epic are listening to the casual gamers so the game is dying.

i'd just like something more fast paced. as it stands this is a reskin of Smite that has some level of a Z-Axis, occasionally, with graphics that have a higher poly count but are more muddy and harder to tell what the fuck is going on most of the time.

it's weird too because they showed it off at the last E3 and Cliffy kept comparing it to Overwatch. but Overwatch is TF2 with MOBA skills, it's more comparable to Smite than anything.

Cliffy B is a casual himself, it figures he wouldn't know about Smite and go straight to OW considering he's trying to cash in on this phenomenon with "Law Breakers"

it's sad cause it reads to me similarly to MGSV where Kojima wanted to cash-in on the open world thing from last gen but didn't bother to learn from the mistakes or see why they didn't pan out. RDR got so much praise but it did nothing for me, even as someone who likes westerns.

i'm sure there's a good game buried underneath all the rubbish but right now it's painfully mediocre and banking more on pretty grafix that look like muddy garbage than solid gameplay.

i look at the hereos and no one has a solid kit that really appeals to me. DOTA2 has shit like Earth Spirit that require a lot of fenagling but at least you have Death Prophet or whatever. everyone is only great in extremely specific circumstances. there's just no hero i'd like to main.

in time

I'm pretty sure Cliffy B was talking about his own game (Lawbreakers) comparing it to Overwatch saying it was Overwatch for the Non-Weeb crowd. Sounds weird for Cliffy B to endorce Paragon when he hasn't worked for Epic in years.

judging by the footage shown both games look exactly the same, this other game just has other maps.

BAMP OR DIE

die

like this dead games that sucks

hahahahahaha kill me

>Giddyup
>needing buffs

He's a stellar pick already against a team that isn't prepared for his ult

But his R2 should really do damage to minions, it's fucking stupid that it does no damage to non-hero units. Look at Feng Mao's teleport, even that does damage to units. Unreasonable

>patch notes in less than 12 hours

I'm gonna explode if there's no card crafting.

inb4 no card crafting

>R2

M2* implying I'm a console babby

>tfw finally made it to Gold

now I dont want to play anymore because I might go back to silver

so the game sucks? played 2 games and wasn't very impressed.
what are the fun f2ps to play right now? i've only played the guy that resses

>previews and marketing made it seem like it'd be an Unreal MOBA, a shooter like Overwatch with more traditional FPS sensibilities

No, none of it really did. They've been honest and accurate in advertising this from the off. Paragon is a MOBA.

LawBreakers is totally its own thing. All the classes are offensive and it plays more like a traditional arena FPS with crazy mobility, as opposed to walking through corridors for 15 seconds every time you die.

DELET THIS thread.

BAMP

unless you pick Titan

epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/v32-release-notes

It's fucking nothing

>Removed Orb from Prime Guardian.
>Upon killing the Prime Guardian, Prime Cards are immediately activated for entire team who killed it.

what the fuck? so inhib restoration is just gone forever now? why even have a core at all then, just make the game end as soon as one inhib dies

uh-huh, sure buddy, maybe to someone like you who obsessively combed through all the marketing. i just saw the trailer at E3 and it looked like it would be more action based, not so slow.

get over yourself tripfaggot.

Hopefully it will be fast for them to sort the shit out and change/revert it quickly.
Were defensive dunks that big of a problem? I know it sucks to have your push completely reset, but if the team is doing fuck all for map awareness and let it happen it's not exactly the games fault.

Lmao the new update is terrible

>inhib restoration is just gone forever now?

You mean it's gone again, the current system of inhibitor restoration was only implemented in June-July or so. It was a fucking stupid idea anyways, it extends matches to ridiculous lengths and rewards players who fail to accomplish objectives.

It sounded interesting as a mechanic, except the intent of encouraging aggressive team fights over the buff turned into travel mode marathons through back line jungles while the other team is tunnel visioning lanes or dead.

Problem with this is that they''ve needed orb primes health so Mich that a single khaomera can killl it and that's a problem

Epic tells us that they're just getting the basic mechanics down first. Hopefully more complex heroes like Kallari will show up in the future.

DOTA has heroes that let you bake new abilities from summoned ingredients, heroes that affect item bounties, heroes that apply unique debuffs like forcing enemies to duel them, heroes with gimmicks like being more powerful at night. Meanwhile in Paragon the most interesting hero is one whose gimmick is turning invisible.

That's definitely no help either, and prime dunk or not that's still a risk that players probly don't like being forced to account for. If meta calls for the one character capable of soloing a miniboss for a team wide buff it certainly needs inspection.

>travel mode is slower
>towers hit in a bigger zone

Yeah fuck rangers

>DOTA has heroes that let you bake new abilities from summoned ingredients, heroes that affect item bounties, heroes that apply unique debuffs like forcing enemies to duel them, heroes with gimmicks like being more powerful at night

Names pls, I'm curious

>Thunder Cleaver in the weekly pack

Oh baby

I think he's talking about

Invoker
Alchemist
Legion Commander
Night Stalker

There seems to be a method to Steve's madness

on one hand weaker towers and hit to travel mode mean people SHOULD team fight less and lane properly like in other mobas, however I think the weaker towers and dmg will encourage more fucking solo pushes as Khai or Rampage as those fuckers can already tank a shit load and solo not only all towers and the core but the fucking OP so they as heros need a nerf soon.

I got in my 1st game last night that was OP dunk after OP dunk and it was 1:28: X long yeah it was a slog I, overall I have noticed times down from 40min to 30 or even 20 if the team is super incompetent and surrenders but this seems like a bad idea.

Instead I think increasing CXP earned Early game as decreasing it mid and late happen would be better as full powered heroes can kill faster both towers AND other heroes. Most rpgs do this like your 1st wolf/rat etc. might jump you 2 levels but at level 99 they give piss all XP.

Bump

This patch will kill the game won't it.

>Instead I think increasing CXP earned Early game as decreasing it mid and late happen would be better
I think this is the route they should go, I've been playing other MOBA games and I haven't noticed how short and fast the matches feel since I've started playing Paragon.
While in other MOBA games, I'm already in the late game by the 20 minute mark, I'm still laning and in the early game under normal circumstances in Paragon

what the fuck am i reading

The end of paragon

Can someone link the discord I need people to play with tired of randoms

discord.gg/HkD4WFf

perma link

bump

Basically, i'm done with the game v.32 isn't even out but those WON'T help the game

besides there are BIGGER problems, the game still drops frames randomly, it's unoptiomized as hell, there is no way to safely leave a game if a teamate disconnects, still no ingame voip etc.

that mix in with the .32 casualzation and them jewing more than improving the game has basically broke me, I can no longer shill this POS it's not worth it Smite, LoL, Dota, etc. have their shit together

>But but IT'S BETA

so was Overwatch before full release and it had no optimization problems or missing gameplay mechanics etc. , EPIC really just isn't trying hard enough and wasted potential is worst than no potential.

maybe by full release this game with be worth it but as it is now it's not, and when they stop focusing on stupid shit like people whinning about match length and new skins and get to fixing core problems then getting to a state where people will be willing to give them money will happen.

i've literally never had a frame drop in this game on a 2k monitor.

get a better computer fag

>besides there are BIGGER problems, the game still drops frames randomly, it's unoptiomized as hell

I've never had a drop below 80FPS, maxed out, on my i7-6950X and SLI Titan X Pascals.

Get a job, buy a real PC, and stop blaming your pathetic failures on everyone else. Actual graphics demand actual hardware.

bump