/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Vicar/Redditslayer Event
pastebin.com/RMGciAGD

>I was only pretending to be corrupted by the Abyss:
>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/dsgpcfc
discord.gg/tEFQmCx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Someone host an FC

We're busy ganking. Join the discord.

>accidentally linked to the previous thread on the wrong line
Welp.

I can do that if you want. Locations I can do are anywhere between Pontiff and Aldrich, Lothric Castle or Demon Ruins, pick your poison.

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>fails to innovate
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC actually won't save it

Rate my poor man's pontiff

Where is your facebook group?

this thread was made second and in a shitpost manner
real thread here

just pick yourself, it's gonna take way to long for anons to choose

sillyman/10

nice meme

From Open up your status screen and look at the far right side. The numbers under "defense" are derived from stats and by wearing anything at all, and these numbers function like DaS1 defense. Close to a proportion, smaller incoming AR is reduced more than higher incoming AR. The second column under "absorption" comes solely from armor, and reduces incoming damage by that percent.

Absorption hardly matters, since going over 25% in anything takes too much effort for too little gain. The stat-scaling defense is the most important, and - surprise surprise - you need stat investment to get it. These ones are the numbers that'll turn straight sword spam from a 5 hit kill at SL120 to a 9 hit kill at SL150, even while ultra weapons don't get any weaker at all.

Split damage weapons have always been irrelevant in all cases. They're slightly less irrelevant when your opponent's magic, lightning, fire, or dark defense are literally at the same number they were when SL1, however. If you luck out and find a person with both base Vit and base whatever stat resists your element, however, you can do a ton of damage quickly. Try using dark weapons in SL120 pvp sometime, it's good shit.

>discord
Not to be a hater, but things like discords tend to attract the worst kinds of people.

can we just add this to the opening post at this point

hey, ain't this a scythe girl from dlc

I don't even know if /dsg/'s official "we're ganking but we're not a ganksquad" vicar event has a discord, but props to everyone involved if it actually has.

It's sarcasm, user. The discord was created by a pair of redditors that want to be Vicars but are too stupid to just use this thread.

>join the discord
Falseflagger.

It's shitposting, so no.

>Absorption hardly matters, since going over 25% in anything takes too much effort for too little gain. The stat-scaling defense is the most important, and - surprise surprise - you need stat investment to get it. These ones are the numbers that'll turn straight sword spam from a 5 hit kill at SL120 to a 9 hit kill at SL150, even while ultra weapons don't get any weaker at all.

I know how defenses work, and your argument is still unconvincing to me as the root of the problem is still having the ultra user be able to actually hit someone while the SS user just has to take slightly longer to kill someone if they are at all decent at the game.

>Split damage weapons have always been irrelevant in all cases. They're slightly less irrelevant when your opponent's magic, lightning, fire, or dark defense are literally at the same number they were when SL1, however. If you luck out and find a person with both base Vit and base whatever stat resists your element, however, you can do a ton of damage quickly. Try using dark weapons in SL120 pvp sometime, it's good shit.

Now this I can agree on since Dark is surprisingly good at decent INT/FAI even at 120 and is a godsend against shield turtles. Though the lack of any innate dark weapons in 3 beyond the Dark Hand really bugs me more then any meta discussion.

>150SL+ will become new meta soon
>no more meta domination
GOLDEN AGE COMING

Scyfu?
could jusy be any girl in a dress

of course it doesnt. there's a general /dsg/ dischord and thats it. no need for a FOTM event discord

we just use the default one. Anyone can find it in a few minutes.

>Arena pushes sl meta up to 200 because of wide matchmaking ranges
>every melee build is also a spellcaster
>int, fth and pyro actually finally get used
It'll be nice.

Good. you guys scared me. Discords are never good things for generals.

deep ax in high wall of Lothric is native dark dmg

Anywhere is fine user

reminder since this thread will be deleted because it was made second after a thread was already made and also just to shitpost, move to real thread that was made first

she's barefoot and has the same robes as the girl in trailer
plus this statue is from the cathedral of the deep so it would explain her connection to Lloyd

well, congrats on being gigantic faggots.

read and also refer to steamcommunity.com/groups/dsgpcfc

Scyfu is the queen of lothric and will btfo all Gwynevere theory fags

go away autismanon, this wasnt funny back when BB was new, it isnt funny now

>it was made second after a thread was already made and also just to shitpost

>your thread has pcuck in the first sentence

Thats a weapon that starts with the deep infusion, its not true innate dark damage; like the DSA has innate lightning damage

No, there's a real discord that we've had for a while now that was made for the general and to keep FC posting to a minimum discord.gg/tEFQmCx

>every melee build is also a spellcaster
I don't think it's good decision. Better to level up vitality/luck or even vig and damage stat to 99

Just how desperate are ps4 fags?

Ultra users can kill SL120 builds in 2-3 hits, except it's more like 1-2 combos since the first hit guarantees the second. Ultra users at SL150 kill people in 3-4 hits, that being about two combos. Straight swords at SL150, on the other hand, need at least twice as many guaranteed 2 hits to win. It's easier for a good player to just roll around it all day, but your opponent only needs to fuck up twice.

We know of one dark weapon in the DLC, at least.

>tfw no 8ft tall gf to usurp you

No one uses the steam group

They need something to do on load screens :^)

Its one guy. Literally no one else her cares. Dont perpetuate the petty console wars bullshit

Alright, in that case since it's easy for people to get too I'll do Pontiff.

PC FC STARTING RIGHT NOW.

Place signs after Pontiff above the garden area where signs normally are. Password is dsg. Only rules are don't be an ass and if two people are already fighting when four are in the world take secondary fights to the side or by the giants.

Chest ahead,
but rubbish!

>tfw no Blue Flame in DaS3
>tfw no Black Witch Staff in DaS3
At least we have swords we can infuse with magic and buff right?
Oh wait

>

>didn't set hollowing to 99
>is wasting points in luck

Damage stats to 99 offer minimal returns, even with S-scaling weapons
40luck hollow offers at most 10-20 damage over refined
The defenses from vitality are useless against spells and buffs

>No shield chime for bonus paladin points
>No heavy catalyst shaped like a misshapen axe with a damaging L2
>No WA catalyst
>No parry pyro glove
>No hollow/dark scaling pyro glove
>Oh but here's this shitty spear that scales off of faith to cast...uh...spells and it has shit range and damage ;)))))

From really does hate magic

From has a record of making things OP as fuck, and then burying them in the ground. You'd think that they would learn.

Really good meta

>play DS1
>having a real blast moving my characters through the Burg

I love the way DS1 earlygame flows but doing so I also realize why they made DS2 play the way it does. In DS1 you can just oneshot parry everything and you start with a weapon good enough that you never really need to pick up anything unless you specifically want something else and fastrolls are pretty op.

But on the other hand while I appreciate the fact that DS2 tried to make the earlygame less cheesable, I like how the gameplay flows in DS1/3 and Demon's. When you're an old hand at the game, you can just fly through the earlygame ninjaflipping and doing parries.

DS2's mechanics were a response to the complaints people had about 1, but honestly having parries being rewarded with iframes is overall a good thing for the overall flow of the game.

Variety

>DS3 can only progress from lessons learned from both

Poor ornstein user got btfo by how bad das3 turned out to be.

Nostalgia is fucking with your perspective. You may have had more fun with the previous, it was a different time, but DS3 is the better game.

unsatisfying till the very end

Reminder a PC FC is going on at the Pontiff garden, password dsg, signs where they usually are. We have good turnout so far but more are always welcome.

>le dark souls 3 is bad meme
>muh poise
>muh pvp
Shouldn't people like you be at tournaments playing Super Smash Bros. Melee?

>DS3 is the better game
I agree. It also showed that they didn't learn shit between games.

add this to your collection

Speaking of Hollow scaling pyro glove, Hollow infusions would've fit in DS2 better than DS3.
>weapon scales off of your stats but also your hollowing
>the more hollowed you are, the less you have health but you get a damage bonus to your weapon and the benefits from hollowing increase the closer you are fully hollowed
>as a result you're a glass cannon capable of doing a lot of damage but have very little health

Ohok

Thanks, user.

DLC FUCKING WHEN

>linear progression, DON'T YOU DARE GET OFF THOSE RAILS
>retarded ass plot with REUSED content from old games with the excuse that it's a sequel
>pve is just mash with a longsword or poise tank with a small penis sword, or bleed if you want to be efficient
>don't you dare get off those rails, we patch you!

It's your fault that the gaming industry doesn't crash, you keep buying all their shitty games. See you in Metal Gear Survive.

>totally ignoring that we have immolation tinder which is better than blue flame could ever hope to be

>tfw no kalameet dildo
>with calamity cock ring to double the pleasure

Glaives are fucking boring.

Just made 120 character on ps4, where the fuck are all the signs and fights dammit?

SL 170, I take it? New meta, after all

>happy about a glaive
>in backpedal souls 3
lmao i always knew int faggots were retarded

blue flame had the most boring moveset possible
at least tinder has a cool WA and looks way fucking cooler than faggy-ass sword

Do you have screenshots of Knight Kirk's waifufaggotry?

The expected level range is 80-120 but I don't mind if you bring 170s so long as you aren't a jackass. Taking off a piece of armor to compensate for higher defenses against 120s would be appreciated but is not expected.

>tinder has a cool WA
you mean useless WA
>looks way fucking cooler
you mean looks retarded

i'm sorry user, were you trying to convey some thought but your autism got out of control?

Those retard rails are there for you, so you don't complain about getting killed by drakes or skeletons again.

>Earthen Peak
>everything fucking one-shots me
>the fucking fire bitches
>the fucking maniken
>DUDE POISONED LMAO
>DUDE JUST LOST FUCKING 30K SOULS TO DUMB SHIT LMAO
>DUDE YOU LE DIED AND NOW FIGHT THE SAME FUCK-ANNOYING ENEMIES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
>AS A FUCKING MEME DEX/INT ASSHOLE

Why is Dark Souls 2 so fucking shit?

Genuine low level PvP is really fun. Unfortunately it also happens very rarely except in DS3 which is pretty cool.

no, i mean a WA that is great for rollcatching panic rollers after r1-r1 glaive combo
and i'm sorry for your shit taste in weapons, i really am

>everything fucking one-shots me
How much Vig do you have?

We have 4+ people in the FC now, for people waiting above the garden have a fight with another player off to the side above or where the giants are so we can get more people in with less waiting. Again, PC FC at Pontiff, pass dsg.

There is literally nothing wrong with wearing Fallen Knight armor, right? As long as I don't wear the pants I'm fine right?

I expected people who "enjoy glaives" to know a lot about autism.

>for you
the evolution of projection. I got bored of speedrunning this game because you cannot break sequences.

show me someone falling for the ebin rollcatching 5 second long animation WA, I'll wait. But show me someone that's good.

I don't have any in the folder where I have been collecting these. I have a big unsorted Souls folder with too many images to count, there may be some, or not.

>being suprised that your shitty build is shit

Lmao hello DSP