/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Why-the-hell-did-every-general-archive Edition

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=iLWzpzjQJdw

Previous Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki
==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps, etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11305313
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sup

Eh? What generals have been archiving?

>tried DDO
>30 fps on i5 cpu
It's a sad day

>9 fps on shit laptop

we back

>finally start my NG+
Just curious, but can I skip some of the side-quests is I did them in my first playthrough? I just want to do some of the side quests I either messed up on, or missed.

yea, but keep in mind you'll need to do some quests to unlock other ones

Any changes on NG+? Like secret items or quests or new way to complete quests?

So how long has this place been dead like this? I remember back before DA came out this place was a ghost town and it felt like there was like 3 dudes posting in the thread.

a couple of months
people come and go
we get spikes of activity and then things die

Don't let it deter you, salty faggots were trying to kill it off with shitposting and constantly saying it was ded the past few threads.

Black Cat stocks portcrystals for 200K. Remember you can have up to 10 active.

I just started coming back myself recently after being burned out of the game for a bit. Still haven't really picked the game up again but the urge to be here is back.

>tfw no white hawk armor

I'm more pissed they didn't at least keep the clothes in. Swordsman's Shirt was the only black shirt in the game and White Hawk Tunic went great with the white BBI tights.

#DDO
Can anyone help me with alchemist's cluster? I can't chain it more than 6 times. I watched vids but i just can't it to chain even for 7 times. Is there a level restrction to maximum chain? My buttpain is overwhelming.

The fact that the Berserk stuff got cut at all is retarded since the PC port is the SAME FUCKING GAME as the PS3/Xbrick versions. The fact that apparently "generic sleeveless shirt" and "generic long sleeved shirt" are enforceable trademarks (or that Capcom was too lazy to just rename the clothing pieces so they could stay) is particularly maddening.

>Playing through The Final Battle as warrior this time around
>Arc of deliverance not doing as much as I thought it would to the gore chimera
>Start fighting Grigori
>Arc of deliverance the heart when he is down
>Takes off like 4 health bars
Jesus fucking Christ. This ability is so monstrous when you hit weak points with it.

If I buy this on Humble Bundle, can I link it to my Steam account?

It just says "redeem for Windows" and this worries me.

best great sword coming through

To be fair, Grignigs has pissweak defenses so any retard who stumbles on his rec room can eventually manage to beat him. To also be fair, Arc of [FuckYou] does wreck shit pretty hard.

Anyone? The sale is ending soon, an answer would be appreciated

There's only a Steam version.

Okay, thanks

I killed Maul but I want to do a quest he has so I slept for a week and he respawned. I see the quest icon on his head but problem is that he's aggressive towards me and will attack if I'm close. Does this game have NPC forgiveness or something so I can just get the quest from him?

All you can do is wait some more. They have a hidden rating for affection that slowly drops back to normal as time passes, I assume it's the same for aggro/running away.

>"guess i'll slay this dragon"

>you'll find naught but the finest "wares" here

>picking her up in the field
>she playfully slaps you after putting her down

strawpoll.me/11305313

Real talk /ddg/ I've played through this game twice now, once vanilla and the DA. I played an assassin, and then a MA.

Does it matter in the long run for leveling or can gear REALLY make up for it? I sort of just want to fuck around with classes this time round on a fresh run. Really wanna see if MK is fun or maybe go for a more physical based MA.

End game BBI equipment really does make it so you won't ever be in a bad spot because of a bad build. Of course you can always do more damage with proper leveling, but the game gets so easy anyway it doesn't really even matter. Just have fun.

did you do BBI? twice

Only the start of it.
NG+ doesn't make enemies stronger, does it?

dude bbi is a lot of content to not do
and yes you have to do it twice
no ng+ won't make em stronger
did you do the everfall at least?
do that before bbi

I did do the Everfall.

I prefer asses.

I finished the game + 2x BBI on my sorcerer and kinda wanted to try warrior.
But from what I've seen in videos it's pretty shit and the DDO version looks way better.
Is DDO fun?

Is there a way to 3 star a hydra? It's so hard to put the barrel into its gullet. I only managed to do it once but my pawns didn't witness it.

cool, then head to bbi

Sometimes you have to do the barrel trick more than once it for it to register. It's easiest if you have access to the Everfall and can do it with the Arc Hydra.

That's nice pillow.

>you will never use Mercedes' butt as a pillow

One last bump before bed.

>character wakes up in Cassardis screaming "MASTER!"
>character nods to the player and then credits roll
What did CAPCOM mean by this?

The pawn is screaming its last moments as the Arisen assimilating their body is complete

>tfw ending wasn't an endless survival with Arisens coming after you one after another

So my pawn is dead?

>Arisen assimilating the Pawn's body

'Tis the inverse, ser.

Is my pawn inside me?

how do you know for sure? What if the Arisen's soul took over your pawn and nobody was any the wiser, after all, they are a husk

finally remembered to buy the pc version after getting 100% of all the achievements on xbox like 2 years ago

is this the best fucking example of a port done right, or is it just me? everything looks and plays incredibly now goddamn

I heard the game was created on PC and then ported to consoles, that might be why. Also, I guess MT Framework is a damn good engine for what it is

I think the PC version is the only version that has only one save slot.

i think you are incorrect

They're all normally limited to one save, it was just easier to spoof additional slots on PS3/Xbrick due to their user profile system.

Want another character on PS3? Just make another user profile and log into it instead of your main one and presto, blank slate. Could even make additional PSN's to pair to the additional profiles and hire YOUR own pawn(s). You can sort of do this on Steam but it's much more involved and generally not worth it, particularly since the entire benefit (and then some) is basically replaced by what cheatengine can do.

Where are DD:DA save files located? Everywhere else tells me

Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\548xxx\36xxx\remote\DDDA.sav

But when I get to the 'remote' folder all I have inside is a file named 'data0.dat'.

What exactly are you trying to do? I'm pretty sure data0.dat is the format for ps3 saves.

Trying to move saves so I can start new characters without losing old ones.
PC Dark Arisen.

You can create separate saves by moving the DDDA.sav from the folder in the steam userdata folder. Which is honestly better than the console versions though it does take some work.

Are you sure the 548xxx is your steam user id?

Found it, but what are all these numbered files?

I'm not sure, but if you wanna just move the DDDA.sav, you just have to move that. I think they may be auto saves. Hovering over them shows different dates.

DDO:
So turning the VPN off at the title screen no longer works. At least for me.
Any new methods people have devised for not needing VPN on at all times?

No, you are, your pawn becomes a copy of the arisen.

You must turn it off on char select, not title screen.

Yeah, I meant that. Guess I'm tired.
Still get the error. Even tried cutting the connection during load in but still no dice.

So he takes my place as the Seneschal? Forever?

Wait nevermind, I didn't read correctly. It's 2am.

Well it's work for me, playing DDO atm.

>She will never plop her sweaty ass on your face.
want to die lads who is with me?

The fact that I'll never have a she-goat wife in real life hurts me inside.

Do you forgot to use route, by any chance?

Ah
Forgot I moved to a new place and redid the subnet mask so it works now.

Sweet Christmas I feel like a retard.

>You can sort of do this on Steam but it's much more involved and generally not worth it, particularly since the entire benefit (and then some) is basically replaced by what cheatengine can do.

I've done it and found it very worth it. Cheat engine is a mess of bullshit I'm not even going to touch.

This is honestly repulsive.

good taste

SHOW ME YOUR Veeky ForumsRISEN

Not this pawn, not this day.

I've seen enough doujins to know where this is going.

>gorecyclopes steals your pawn
>climbs to the top of bluemoon tower
>hitch a ride on that back of that asshole griffin so you can stab it in the eyeball at high speed

HAHA

Time for Harley Quinn cosplay

EXTREME PENETRATION

It's a god damn shame you can't make your skin paper white. This is the palest skin the game allows.

P U D D I N '

>tfw Mista J finally gets you that puppy