Is car pollution a meme?

Is car pollution a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TaUZ31xV42M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are other sources of CO2 that are far more significant than cars.

If everyone in the developed world ate less meat and dairy. We could cut huge amounts of CO2 and methane.

If we made consumer goods in our own countries instead of china. then we could cut a lot of shipping emissions.

Air-pollution wise, cars used to contribute a lot more to smog than they do now that we have catalytic converters on everything.

Car / transportation pollution is still about a quarter of Beijing's smog problem.

Sort of. All of the cars in the world are less harmful than the 15 biggest supertankers. However, we're still completely fucked when it comes to climate change pretty much no matter what we do so pop off that cat and roll that coal because we're heading straight towards our Great Filter.

I think you should have asked "Is pollution a meme" OP. Because it is. CO2 is hardly a problem like people make it out to be.

the critical amount of pollution in paris
when we have speed limit reduce and half the cars off the road
is lower the everyday pollution level in Beijing
they have a way bigger problem than Europe and the US
problem is china is literally running coal and you can't top that
but that doesn't mean you should poison your surrounding

Yes.

The byproducts of fuel combustion are actually good for you. I suggest you close your garage door and turn on your car for maximized health benefits

I was joking, I don't think people should actually do that but we're past the point of stopping the 3.5 celsius average increase which is likely going to lead to an extinction-level event. There's some chance that we can figure out a way to outright get rid of pollution rather than just conserving, but conservation is past the point of working. The damage has been done.

it is thought
making a fire in your fireplace is for exemple way worse than driving your car
it's even banned in some cities

i don't think we would go extinct because some other species disappear
we would adapt like always

>banned to use your fireplace
All right I'm going to bite here. What cities user? I'm curious.

Do people understand what memes and meme theory are? "IU s pollution a meme? Is fwd a meme? No they are not memes. You can use ideas of them in a meme. The fwd vs rwd threads are memes. You posted a meme about pollution but pollution it's self is not a meme.

The thing about the 3.5 degrees celsius point is not just that some species disappear but that it's going to rapidly move out of control and the average temperature is going to increase without us doing anything. The majority of the earth will be unfit for production of food within our lifetimes. There is some chance that vertical farming and other artifical techniques will still save us, but in essence we will be practicing the techniques we will inevitably use to survive on Mars here on Earth.

It's a drop in the barrel but society only tries to fix little things that don't effect the greater scale these days.
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html
Buy local as much as you can and cut down on your meat/dairy intake. Try to reuse and we will help the earth a lot more than buying priuses although in some parts of the world electric cars CAN help with pollution
My brother in law was telling me in Florida there is no recycling at all. I know that only a percentage of what is recycled is reused but why not even do that bit to help?

Cars don`t create pollution, people create pollution.

did that, had to spend days in hospital

London
but that depend on what you burn in it

I stopped smoking cigarettes and now inhale sweet diesel emission from my non-particle-filter shitbox.

I stopped coughing after a couple of days, my blood pressure is lower and the aftertaste kind of reminds me of almonds.

ecigs are a money-grubbing meme, just suck that diesel exhaust instead, you can even make a piping so you can smoke inside your car as well, I did that, and all my friends tell me how much better my car smells now that I smoke those clean fumes.

I didn't know CO2 was a concern at all. Isn't it a naturally occurring gas that we exhale, and plants transform back into "healthier" gasses?

>are pollution nazis a meme

CO2 is produced by tons of shit, and the problem is that the amount the earth is capable of absorbing is less than what we're putting out currently, and as temperatures rise many of the things that absorb CO2 will end up dying off leading to accelerated rises and eventually the end of human society within our lifetime. Have fun!

CO2 is a maymay.

Water vapor does far more to trap in heat.

C02 makes plants go berserk growth wise. Which is why we have so much oil now. Because millions o' years ago c02 levels were high as fuck and plants grew huge off that shit, as did the creatures that fed on such.

>these days.
>implying it has ever been any different

>CO2 raises temperatures leading to more evaporation which leads to more increased temperatures
boy oh boy it's almost as if everything is connected

Yes, but in the past the Earth had a balanced input/output of C02. Our burning of fossil fuels imbalances the C02 cycle, causing there to be much more output than input. Over the past hundreds of millions of years the levels of C02 stayed relatively constamt, between 150-250 parts per million. Now within the last 50 years it's risen to 400ppm and upwards. Which is a problem.

Look up Veritasium's "13 Misconceptions about Global Warming" if you're interested, it's a great video that explains it really well.

First off, google "positive feedback loop". Second, water vapour's residence time in the air is about a week, while carbon dioxide stays in the atmosphere for years.

youtube.com/watch?v=TaUZ31xV42M The car pollution laws have always been way way way way too fucking strict and I don't know why everyone pretended that wasn't the case when the VW story happened

>environmentalists are faggots
>spend more time shitposting wasting electricity or forcing regulations than actually cutting their environmental impact
>everybody loses
boy oh boy it's almost as if everything is connected

we exhale a ridiculous amount of CO2 compared to a car
and plant only breathe a small amount of CO2 when in the sun not during night so having a environment with a lot of CO2 is kinda bad
so having a very low pourcentage of them is useful
but we produce it in such a massive way you car must produce around 150-200 g of CO2 per kilometers
where a humain in one day exhale 1kilogrammes
so every 5 kilometers you make with your car you produce more than 1 humain in a day
and on average i would be doing like 80 km a day

>mad at people who want to try and avoid the end of human civilization even if they're going about it the complete wrong way
Within 30 years, this world will be on the brink of being uninhabitable for human beings. Every single time a study comes out for climate change it turns out we've been too optimistic as to how much time we have left. You're going to experience the worst time to be alive as a human being, it's not going to be your grandchildren because you won't have grandchildren.

Sounds rad
Now fuck off

We're having a discussion of pollution here, I wanna stay because this shit is engaging for me.

Yeah i don't care dude.
It's all bullshit anyway

>it's all bullshit
Ohoh oh boy. Man, you're going to be red in the face in the coming decades when you can't get enough food to eat.

Lol dude I don't care

Then just stop responding. It's really easy, just walk away. You don't need to win the argument if it means nothing to you, do you?

whatever kid. go back to prison planet.

What argument

most of the pollution that comes out of the exhaust of an ICE is water vapor m8.

>the world can't possibly end up going to shit, it never has before!
yeah we're the ones with fingers in our ears
As I said in my first post, cars aren't actually that big a deal in the scheme of things and we're all fucked regardless.

>Is car pollution a meme?
Nope.

I remember going to Indianapolis as a kid around 1970 and being appalled at the brown skies and nasty odor that I now know was smog. Fast forward to about 1990 and I get off a plane at Indy and the predominant smell was wet dirt. It was then I became a believer in emissions controls. I've traveled a bit since then and the only place I've detected a trace of smog was, oddly enough, San Antonio on I35 just inside the 410. L.A used to be notorious for smog but I've never smelled any there.

That said, it's way past time to start paying more attention to industrial sources than automotive.