while we are on this subject
>clutch in
>blip throttle
>downshift
>clutch out
>car jerks

what the fuck am i doing wrong?

Engine not at the right RPM.

You are not providing enough RPMs or you are over bliping, it depends on if the car lurch forwards or backwards.
Try to learns the propper RPMs depending on the gear and speed.

>Clutch in
>Shift to neutral
>Clutch out
>Blip throttle
>Clutch in
>Shift to lower gear
>Clutch out
>wot

just as i was expecting
i know it depends from car to car, but how precise do you have to be?

If the car jerks you're not at the right rpm. Also on a side note the driveshaft on a s 197 mustang is a 2 piece shaft. You may experEnce some jerking and clunking noises from that as well.

This. Double clutch master race.

Unnecessary with synchros

>ext temp: 104
JUST

Between 100 to 300 range is ok, you always expect a little bit of jerking when downshifting.
A perfect downshift does not shake at all.
Also be VERY aware of a money shift in case you miss shift into 2nd or 1st.

And that was in march, we are at 120 right now, gotta have that 80/20 antifreeze/water.

user asked for the fastest way, just because you granny shift.

>adding clutching out and clutching back in
>faster than not doing that
U wot

Arizona?

>Also be VERY aware of a money shift in case you miss shift into 2nd or 1st.

that i am
might be the main reason why i'm fucking it up
i make extra sure i switched into correct gear so it might be taking too long and the revs drop to low

imo 90F and 80% humidity is way worse than dry heat 105ish

>implying you can't do clutch and gear stick work at the same time

Kek

>in 5th
>downshift to 2nd but think it's 4th
This is my greatest fear

>adding steps
>keeping the same time
Not how it works with linear time

>clutch in, shift, blip, clutch out
>clutch in, shift neutral, clutch out, blip, clutch in, shift, clutch out
See how one has more steps? That one must necessarily take more time.

Na, I'm from Mexicali, a Mexican city located just a few miles from So Centro California. We have a similar Weather to that of Arizona though, a little bit hotter and dryer.

Holly shit user how can you even live in such a God forsaken place?

This happened to me once a week ago
>Driving on the highway
>Going towards an exit
>Downshift from 6th gear to 4th
>As soon as I'm releasing the clutch I feel a tremendous amount of braking
>Can hear the wheels skiding
>Clutch in instantly.

The car was alright after that but holly hell I was shitting bricks.

Forgot to add
>It wasn't 4th gear, it was actually 2nd.

What's the car culture like in Mexico?

how do i into left foot braking? also brake boosting

My buddy did that in his sti a couple weeks ago when I was teaching him rev matching. Had a lol because not my car

Wearing out your clutch faster unnecessary and slower

Yeah I did a 2 week trip to Utah in July last year, was 110 during the day and 100 at night, felt fine, then came back to the bay where it was 90 but 90% humidity and I was dying

Can't tell much since we have more of an Americanized car culture but
>We love fox body Mustang and New Edges.
>We love to drag race in the quarter and 1/8 mile.
>Baja 1000 is love
>Automatic is for pussys and old lady's. (this is changing because murrikanized culture).
>Every 80s to 90s Cherokee is modified and used for off roading on sand dunes
>We have little to no rice as in stance
>Civics are secretly race cars.
>Del Sol everywhere

That's about it, we do have a fair share of NFS Underground persons with Lambo doors and leds under their cars though, you can see them in some of the weekly car meetings.

At least I have never seen a stanced car here in my city, I do see some off those in California though.

autism.txt

Sounds pretty comfy. Where I live (Iowa), we don't have much of a car culture at all except for a bunch of I KNOW WHAT I GOT boomers.

Humidity is what kills you. I can handle 30~35'C no problem if it's not humid, but 20+90% humidity and I want to die

>being worried of shifting into the wrong gear

Can't you people tell what gear you're you've selected god damn

It's the retards slamming gears around so hard that they don't even notice the transmission going "can u not" or have time to react to it.

>gas pedal sticks at random times
>began downshift roulette

I've gotten good at gauging it to get proper shifts, but my car blew up last night so I ain't gonna be getting much better
>; - ;7

The fastest way if your synchros are in good condition is to just yank it into gear and drop the clutch, but that will unbalance the car.

Blipping the throttle to rev match is marginally slower, but is much smoother.

Double clutching spins up the input shaft of the transmission to match the output shaft so you don't have to wait for the synchros to engage. It's faster if you have an older or poorly maintained car, but slower if synchros aren't a problem.

The whole point of double clutching is that it doesn't wear your clutch. Ablative surfaces wear when they slip across each other. When you double clutch properly, the clutch is always either fully engaged or fully disengaged, and therefore not wearing down.

Basically that's correct; double clutching is autism. Also how's the transmission/clutch on the post-facelift S197s? Was thinking of buying one.

Brake boosting only works if you have a tarbo. Basically it's a technique to keep the turbo spooled and making boost

Pretty good, a little bit notchy and the clutch feels somewhat numb until you change the spring helper (I didnt, I just got use to it).
Hard to go from 1st to 2nd smooth when going in hard but otherwise, a pretty forgiving transmission that can take a beating.

what's the difference between doing this, but just while the clutch is pressed? instead of going to neutral, and having to clutch twice

You need to do that if you don't have synchros.

What the fuck are you even talking about, you never have the clutch partially engaged while shifting

not really. Brake boosting is also the correct way to launch an autotragic. Get educated.

That's torque launching you illiterate fuck, or sometimes called brake launch.

Running a much higher concentration of coolant does allow you to run hotter without boiling over but at the same time it lowers the cooling ability of the system. You're kind of fixing a problem and fucking yourself on the same issue at the same time. Besides, your car shouldn't overheat with a properly working cooling system anyway, unless you have the a/c cranked. They don't like that so much.

Throwout bearing wear is the main difference between releasing the clutch and not.
I needed about an hour of practice on twisties, but now it's second nature to double clutch.

My car has a very notchy gearbox on downshift so it just makes it smoother and slides into gear easier.

Oh, sorry about that, I meant to say 80/20 as in 80% water and 20% coolant.
I do know what you are talking about though.

I was hooning in my miat shifting at redline and when i pulled it from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th on accident. thought i was going to die

What are you doing with that car if you can't even check your fucking tire pressures?

Will your transmissions even let you do this? I've owned a manual Wrangler with an AX15 and a Mustang with an MT82, neither one seems to let you into a gear that's too low for your speed. If you try to push it into the gear it just makes a loud whining but won't let it drop in.

Move the shift lever from D to 2

Yup, done it from redline in 3rd down into 2nd instead of 4th in my AW11. The banshee scream that 4AGE let out from revving so fast was one of the scariest things I've ever heard. Luckily I clutched in just before it hit redline.

That would actually slow you down son.

>clutch in
>select desired lower gear
>clutch out
This isn't rocket science if you're not American or own a car with a manual transmission.

>Destroying your transmission.
I know you are not European.

You're a benchracer that doesn't know how to drive a manual. I've owned a dozen different manuals, some of them for almost 200,000km. I've never had problems with a transmission or a clutch.

>Clutch in
>At 60mph
>Select 3rd gear
>Clutch out
>Transmission shits itself, Extreme amounts ir brake power and locked wheels.

You sure show me, there's a thing called rev matching so that you not fuck your transmission badly.

In driving school, you learn granny shifting. That most certainly wears down your clutch because you match engine and tranny revs by slooowly easing out the clutch instead of with the throttle.

I know exactly 1 person besides myself who makes an effort to rev match actively on downshifts.

Doing downshiftng withouth rev matching indeed wears out your clutch faster.
At least they do it slowly though, I meet fuck who just let out the clutch, jerking the fuck out of the car.

>Tfw unnecesary downshift rev match every stop and stoplight.
>Because RACE CAR

I hear you. I double clutch and heel toe all the time just because it's fun and satisfying to have the shifter glide into gear perfectly and dump the clutch without the slightest jerk.

>clutch in
>shift
>clutch off and throttle in at same time

It really isn't that difficult.

I saw an old GTR in Des Moines but it might have been a kit car.

But is not wrong. You can brake until you get to the correct speed for the lower gear, then you downshift. Nothing will happen to you if your speed is adequate when downshifting, but that's the bane of the matter: knowing what the correct speed for downshifting is.
Also, it helps a lot if you don't just release the clutch in a split second but do it progressively, as if you were engine braking (remember that if the speed is correct, then you will not be engine braking).

>You can brake until you get to the correct speed for the lower gear
Brake to downshift to accelerate? Why not just stay on the gas for the split second it takes to select the lower gear and just dump the clutch?

>worn shifter bushings looser than ur mum

Its a gamble

I'll do exactly that tomorrow and report back with how it went. If someone wants to turn whatever my phone records into a. webm I'll gladly even film it.

May not work for every car but works in my Subaru
>Take foot off gas
>Clutch-less shift to neutral during brief moment drivetrain is unloaded
>Floor gas and hold momentarily to blip throttle because Subaru's drive-by-wire throttle is shittiest most laggy most laziest dbw implementation I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing
>clutch in-grab gear-dump clutch and get on the gas hard just as the clutch fully grabs

I occasianlly brake Boost in my manual to fuck with people on the highway

Double clutching saves wear on synchros
Also helps if your clutch or clutch pedal breaks
It's called pipelining actually. But no, it's not faster because a normal downshift benefits as well

How can you boost without a turbo lol

Did it several times on my way to work and as expected, the transmission didn't shit itself. The moment it takes to disengage 5th and put it into 3rd is plenty to let the revs climb enough to make the shift soft and smooth.

Welp, never mind. I read but I forgot that the thread was about downshifting in order to accelerate faster. I suck cocks.

Texas master race here.
100°f and 100% humidity is true suffering. At least we're not having a hot year.

>blip the throttle
>blip
The fucking words you stupid faggots invent instead of just saying something like "give it some gas" or "apply throttle". Fucking phone posters, or just retards in general.

Anyway.

You're not a racecar driver and you aren't on a track. Unless you're in an emergency situation, you're shifting too many gears down if you have to "blip" anything to get it down a gear. Should be more like

>clutch in
>maintain exact level of throttle you had before
>downshift one (1) gear
>clutch out

"Blipping" the throttle is what is causing . You're giving it too much throttle, and likely the only reason you're even getting it into gear is because you're beating the shit out of your synchros.

Drive like a regular human being, you fucking boyracer weeb faggot.

>we arent having a hot year

2016 is the hottest year in decades, you mook.

idiot.

Like for highway overtakes?

>press gas pedal
>truk downshift from od to 3
>moment later truk downshift from 3 to 2
>pass car

>Not remembering the fucking hottest year on record 6 years ago.

Maybe the hottest year for the planet or north America or whatever you're basing that bullshit off of, but definitely not the hottest year for Texas

>clutch in
>don't blip, actually revmatch
>once you feel it engage floor it
Blipping works when you intend to slow down.

Global average temperatures user. Cherry picking a specific area that is having cooler than average temperatures going "Hurr durr you're wrong fucking climate change fags hue hue hue" doesn't refute anything.

Blip is more of a figurative way of speech user.
I give it enough revs with my bliping and then dump out the clutch and press the gas once the clutch is fully disengaged.

Also bliping works eztremly well on my Mustang.
>1 blip = Downshift one gear
>2 blips = 2 gears
>3 = 3 gears.
This is true from 6th to 3rd gear.