Full-size American Cars of the 90s

You can only post in this thread if you can name a car better than the Lincoln Mk VIII

>protip: don't even try

>Chryslers begrudingly welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9u0qMqpNfnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pull up the beltline 1ft, lay over tons of sharp creases over this bodyshape, make the lights seem angry and you got yourself a 2010s mk viii

Lincoln comfort master race (don't even talk to me about the Town Car though, pure garbo)

Don't forget to give it actual Downs Syndrome like the MKZ

Lincoln town car.

According to Veeky Forums i have shit tastes in cars. But every once in a while a thread shows me hope.

Bootin

>car better than the Lincoln Mk VIII
It's called Lincoln Mark VII

Always loved the mk7 and mk8

>tfw almost got an mk8 at auction but wad outbid at the last second

That looks nice. That engine though...

>Mod motor lump

Such a cool car. I miss mine.

saved this awhile ago. i remember reading that it was the first care to be sold in north america with xenon headlights, not 100% sure this is true though.

>lt1
>4l60e

thats not even a good car so its easy to post better

not to mention its ugly as hell

>not posting best sedan of all time.
>not getting 8.2 mpg's
Mirrors are prone to falling off though.

The styling is the best part

Fly you beautiful bird! Fly!

the Town Car is objectively the worst thing built on the Panther platform

I want to hate but I can't... Luxo-muscle Fox body 5.0.

Also is anyone else physically sick over how the Mercury Cougar was ruined between 1997 and 1999?

Here's mine

Seriously considering buying one of these - how do you like it? And what did you pay v mileage if you don't mind?

You should objectively kill yourself.

If you can name even one way the Town Car is better than the Grand Marquis, I will bite my own nose off

>Make way for the Roadmaster

Took my car for a camping trip this weekend easily fitting 3 people, a couple of dogs, and all of our gear. The 4 hour road trip was done in ultimate comfort. It's great for drive-in movie theaters as well, can hide so much shit in the multiple locked cargo areas.

Lol whut?
A higher optioned out GM is the same thing as a Town car. The TC came with Air ride while the GM was an upgrade option, the TC has more sound deadening so it's quieter. Also the Town car makes change extra hp and torque, not much though.

Can you name anything the Gm has over the town car? I like the side airbags and 6 people seating, but that's about it.

>tfw no mercury marauder

>sound deadening
I've never noticed the sound deadening difference, but that's an interesting point. Knowing how much more expensive the TC was new, I guess all that money had to have gone somewhere.

>air ride
Liability on used cars, I prefer the stiffer and more robust setup on the GM. Still comfy too.

Grand Marquis advantages:
>bench seating
>aesthetics
>suspension (debatable)
>best prices used (vs CV & TC)

Where the TC actually wins, surprised you didn't mention it: 3.27 axle. GM needs a swap to 3.55+ for sure (2.73 stock, terrible decision).

GM forever in my heart as the unloved underdog.

These objectionable look better with the Termi lower fascia

Grand Marquis had the 3.27 rear as an option with the handling/performance package (it also came standard with certain trim levels depending on year). Basically any GM that has dual exhaust should have the 3.27 gears.

I'd buy that for a dollar

I love the Grand Marque too man, but seeing as i found 2 Town cars for 2000 dollars around here, i can't see a price advantage here.

Also the air ride while a liability isn't very hard to fix and is SUPER comfy. Like actually great comfy 10/10 comfort.

Bench seats i give the marque hands down, with those two benches i get to bring Me, my friends, and maybe even one of you.

I don't know why but I've wanted one of these for the longest time. They look so cool and understated.

So the best full size 2 door you can get for the money is the mark viii? I either want a panther of some sort or a full size coupe

>4l60e
Makes it faster than a T56 for a quarter mile
Don't even say "muh handling" because you aren't going to conefag that boat, much less track it

I was thinking about getting one of these as a daily
Other cars im looking at include a g35 coupe or an MR2

What about it aren't mk 8 motors supposed to be solid

He doesn't know what he's talking about, the Interchangeable 32V 4.6 is a solid motor

*Intech

How hard is it to get parts for? Does a good amount interchange with the lesser Modular v8s?

what is that?

Calling bullshit right here...

Let me see, it was in the Lincoln Continental, the New Edge Cobra before the Termi, and IIRC the Lincoln Navigator

So yeah, you can find parts

Mod motors are absolute dog shit. All of them. They have terrible head flow four valves and the new Hemi and LS1 flow nearly twice as much air. They have narrow siamese bores, they have terrible throttle response, and good luck trying to get any respectable horsepower o UT of the boat anchor with out some sort of forced induction because they are dog shit V8's. They are some of the worst V8s in modern history.

It needs to be solid, the only thing it's good for is a boat anchor. If it were such a good engine, why don't more people want one for engine swaps? Why is the first thing.people used to do is rip put the piece of shit and put in 5.0? You can apologize all you want for that gutless pile of trash. And it is gutless.

Did they still make Eagles in the 90s?

>gutless piece of trash
>implying the 302 was better

You're fucking high if you think the 302 was a better engine than the Intech
Yes the 302 was simpler to work on, but it made less power out of the factory and you had to dump a good amount of money EU to get anything out of it
The Intech can make power and be efficient at the same time with a little bit of work
>heads are better, and hand built in the Cobra
>computer controlled
>6 bolt mains
>can get mid 20s on the highway
Face it, the 4 valve Modular was/is better than the 302, the only reason why the Windsor is so popular is because it's cheap and it was in fucking everything

You don't have to swallow Fords cock any more. They actually have a respectable V8 instead of the lump of garbage they tried to pass off as a V8 engine.

But we're not talking about the Windsor

You are right. They replaced a good engine with technology for technology's sake. That was worse then a 50 year old Chevy V8. That was so slow naturally aspirated, it finished last in every comparison it entered.

It's a '77 Cutlass in a body kit but it's from Robocop, the 6000 SUX. Ford's dis on GM while it promoted it's new Taurus as cop cars.

nice mustang

Is this cheating?

Yes, but would allow pic related. Let's just agree we're glad no shitty Chryslers have been posted in this thread.

hey guys! what's going on in this thr-
oh, okay...

To me, no car represents the 90's like the 4th gen caprice. Born in the 90's and perished in the 90's. 4 people in my family had one and every family get together had a row if these beauties parked together. Now my caprice (formaly my dads) is the only one left, my grandma's was rear ended recently... Its like watching the majestic old tortoise at the zoo, last of its kind. And once its gone, there will be no more...

why the FUCK didn't we get these in europe

But you did, German road laws even forced GM to produce better headlights for the caprice that had glass lenses. A set of those sell for a grand easily. You guys just didnt embrace these cars as much as we did so you didnt have as many to hold into.

Because you couldn't afford to feed the American beasts.

Enjoy your 50hp diesel.

Full sized American cars of the 90s
>Posts a 1987 model year.

when top gear was a real tv shows not a comedy for people who sucks at cars and before clarcksons convinced the whole world american cars are a joke and rubish and people actually belived him, but he actually loves american cars fucking fat hypocrit
youtube.com/watch?v=9u0qMqpNfnQ

>Maximum 90s overfeels
God damn it, the internet ruined everything

yes it did

Because Clarkson was getting paid too much to care, and making fun of America sells since Americans do it all the time.

That's why they used a 1970 Lincoln continental mark 4 which was killed by emissions and safety. Instead of a 1969 continental with a V8 putting out 360 hp and 500 lb ft of torks, instead of the shitty 200 hp detuned piece of shit.

>Viper: about 100k
>Porch 918: LITERALLY MILLIONS

EXPLAIN THIS SHIT.

in 69 you could have a lincoln with 500lb ft torks and almost 400 hp, naturally aspirated with push rods.

in 70s that v8 is making 180 hp, explain this shit.

>Costs significantly more
>Barely won on one track
>A track run by supporters of the car

Lol, good job, you managed to something.

>damage control

>Confirm BTFO

>projecting

>This much Europoor delusion.

>this assmad

>N-no U!
>BTFO

>deflecting the truth

You're both fags.

>Being this assmad

>Not fighting shitposting with shitposting

>Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>unIronic ironic shitposting is unironically ironic shitposting

>projecting
Stay BTFO

>Being so BTFO AND late

>projecting

>Being this anal assaulted and unoriginal
>you

>projecting again