90's Japanese Sport Cars

>Honda NSX
>Nissan Skyline GT-R
>Mazda RX-7 FD
>Toyota Supra
>Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
>Subaru 22B STI

Which is fastest, and which is your favorite?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/subaru-impreza-22b-sti-archived-test-review
r33gt-r.com/2014/10/how-r33-gt-r-improved-upon-r32-gt-r.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3000gt for both.You might not agree, but if you factor in how much all the others become garage wires, you realize the average speed of all 3000gts made versus the others is way higher since they actually get driven, making it the fastest.

What about all the others?

>logic
you have none

None
>no ecoboost

300zx is my fav

>Honda NSX
Neat but the engine is the wrong way
>Nissan Skyline GT-R
Scum
>Mazda RX-7 FD
Bestest
>Toyota Supra
Good freeway car
>Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
Would never trust
>Subaru 22B STI
Pancakes are food, not engines

Would own a 3000gt vr4, and an fd... To hard of a choice haha

haha

RX-7 has a special place in my heart because Mazda understands that sports cars are supposed to be light, agile, and put the driver in control, not piggu fat and compensating with power, computers and complexity

NSX!!!!!!#!!!!432$!RETARD LOSE ARM!!!!!!

3000GT VR-4 was the baddest. AWD? Biggest engine out of them + Towinu Tarubo? Can't touch it.

Any of the Mazdaspeed NA6s. You could get 200+ BHP in a 2100 pound car with either a supercharger or NA with ITBs.

>Biggest engine out of them
2JZ has a greater displacement than 6G72.

Rx7 is fastest of them all

This. Here's what I believe is a definitive list of 90s Japanese sports cars. I apologize if I missed anything. Now, have fun choosing one.

Honda
>Beat
>Civic SiR
>CRX Si
>Integra Type-R
>NSX
>S2000
Isuzu
>Impulse RS Turbo
Mazda
>323 GT-X
>AZ-1
>Roadster
>RX-7
Mitsubishi
>Eclipse GSX
>FTO
>GTO VR4
>Lancer Evolution
Nissan
>300ZX Twin Turbo
>Micra Superturbo
>Pulsar GTI-R
>S-chassis
>Skyline GT-R and Stagea Autech RS260
Subaru
>Impreza WRX and STI
Suzuki
>Alto Works
>Cappuccino
Toyota
>Celica GT-Four
>MR2 Turbo
>Supra Turbo

>no Galant/Legnum VR-4

Good call. The 20B Cosmo should probably be on there as well.

>civic
hahahahahahahah
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Wasn't it advertised as luxury as opposed to sport?

The GTO is a seriously quick car, stock MRs do 12s on the quarter mile.

I love the GTO just as much as I love the NSX.

There were none GTO VR4s.

Either the TT or the MR.

GT car.
Not sport.

Maximum comfy

I used to own an r32 gt-r and I have driven each car on that list except an sti 22b. I would probably add a generation of lancer evo to it.

When you say fastest, I don't know if you mean fastest acceleration, highest top speed or quickest round a circuit of your choice, so it's hard to answer that. There are times online though, and it's not a matter of opinion.

Favourite one? I have to go with the one I owned, again stressing that I had an r32. I've never been inside an r33 or r34...

You're going to single out the Civic and not the Beat? It may be FWD, but it's a far more capable car.

Yes, but it's actually lighter than a handful of cars on the list. If it had a manual option, I'd say it would be a shoo-in.

Sorry, I must have gotten my region-specific branding mixed up.

I don't know about fastest or best performing, but I have a huge love for the 3000.

The sleek yet brawny body lines, the perfect meld of various touring car styles. Enough power to back up the looks. It felt like a fucking space ship!

When I was 16, my then gf's older brother had one, forget what year or trim level, but it was turbocharged. I got to drive it a few times. I miss that car more than I miss her, and I really miss her...

>gf

why lie?

>200+ bhp Miata without a swap/turbo
>In 1992

yeah no when people are struggling to eek out 170whp out of fully built n/a vvt bp 1.8s and jrsc cars today

I'm going with the 22B STi, considering the regular GC8 WRX STis were fucking monsters capable of running down any of the cars mentioned above just due to their ridiculous light weight + AWD. But the 22B is a unfair model considering they only made 424 and you'll never buy one under $50k USD. Otherwise probably the R33/R34 GTR V-Specs.

caranddriver.com/reviews/subaru-impreza-22b-sti-archived-test-review

Gm fanfag detected

>Which is fastest, and which is your favorite?
Stock for stock? Probably the RX7. I haven't had a chance to race them all stock, every one had some mods. But in the mountains my Skyline kept getting left until the long straights when I ran with a friends FD.

As far as my favorite, definitely the Skyline GT-R, but the FD RX7 is a close second.

There's a bunch of different Mazdaspeed engines. The highest spec 1.6s were the Stage III Supercharged (220 BHP intercooled) and one called something like B-Spec Stage II (which was 178-ish BHP NA). Later on there was a 192 BHP and a 200 BHP 1.8. All of the most powerful ones were bored and/or stroked.

The RX-7 is faster and the 22b is my favorite.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

yes. too bad no soarers in commifornia

Nope. GM sucks too

that looks fucking terrible

The final product will look better.

It just needs to exist.

I'm just hopeful because the concept's interior has this

i had one of these with a 5MT. was lovely
feels like a merc, so solid and had some good power as well

Perfection.

A dildo on wheels, seriously one of the worst looking cars ever. Good car nonetheless.

How could Toyota fuck up that much in the design, it looks dreadful.

Im a massive faggot for saying this but I would never buy one just because it looks so horrid and bland.

Probably the FD or NSX. But the R32 GT-R was unbeatable when it first came out. The R34 was about as fast as the Evo 9 and STI Spec C. The R33 is noticeably slower than the R34, but this is a function of Nissan deliberately being conservative with boost and slightly worse aero and chassis rigidity.

>>Civic SiR
>>CRX Si

>sports car

ef here
>kek

>2 pedals

I would like a NSX type-r or S-type zero.
I couldn't care less about what car is the fastest.

SVX doesn't really count, but it's worth mentioning anyway.

>no Civic-R

looks good fag

Out of those probably the VR4, supra, and GTR were the fastest. FD and 22b would be the slowest (14s stock).

All of them are really nice cars though, everyone should want all of them.

my man

>simple interiors will never exist again :(

>civic
>more capable
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Implying anything is less capable than a Beat or Alto, even a Civic

I honestly didn't realize there was a Civic Type R before 01.

Be glad I didn't put the Del Sol on the list.

The North American RX-8 is actually chassis code FE3P. That'll be an FF, then.

Supra is my favorite, don't really care which one's the fastest
>tfw saw a ridox supra at car show today

also saw this monstrosity

Smh

They're all fun

That faggot doesn't deserve that car

Absolutely tasteless, he could have gotten the same affect with some anime stickers and a dragon donger shift knob

Yes

or a side exhaust that spits flames from the top of the hood. more dramatic the hood can be swapped with ease

but more importantly, this is what happens when people dont get enough attention

i hope this faggot gets pulled over constantly
and i hope to fuck this isn't the TT

She's not that bad.

>Supra weight reduction involves laying off the pies for a month

If we're talking track times and adding some more cars to the list...

1. NSX-R
2. R34 GT-R V-Spec II
3. Evo VI
4. R32 GT-R V-Spec
5. R33 GT-R V-Spec
6. FD RX-7
7. 22B STi
8. Supra RZ
10. 3000GT VR-4
11. S15 Silvia Spec-R
12. W20 MR2 GT
13. Z32 300ZX TT
14. Celica GT-4 ST205
15. 6G Galant VR-4

I believe Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 has a higher top speed, but you can hit faster lap times with a tuned Nissan Skyline GT-R.

That said, R33 and R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R are tied for my favourite.
(FD in close second)

I think you're missing the dc2 type R

There is literally no way the R32 is faster than the R33. The R33 had more power, much better weight distribution, and much better aero, in addition to much better ECU + ATTESA.

Less weight, shorter wheel base, quicker turn in.

also more tire (225 vs 245s all around on the R33), and way stiffer chassis

my tt poopra when I first got her. under heavy restoration currently.

love the zx and rx-7 as well

The increased weight was offset by significant increase in turbo boost to increase power stock. The shorter wheelbase reduced stability at speed and the R32 had severe problems with understeer in high speed turns because the front end had significant lift.

The R33 drove weight distribution down to 55/45 compared to the 60/40 of the R32 and reduced the front lift significantly. Cd was significantly reduced as well. There were a ton of changes in the R33 compared to the R32 and it's really not in doubt that it was a faster car even if it was heavier and bigger.

Source: r33gt-r.com/2014/10/how-r33-gt-r-improved-upon-r32-gt-r.html

its a turbo auto and she doesnt drive it with the guns on it. also this r34 was there

>s2000
>90s

also this really nice nsx

My favourite is MR-2, the fastest is probably latest Silvia.

Mazda RX 7 FD

Because fuck normies.

>MY99

Wish i could get one of these to the states

nice.

Nice man, that actually doesn't look too bad for a restoration project.

What are the plans for her?

The VR4 is a fucking monster...