/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Bannerlord delayed till next year edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video :
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16 :
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/Kc6hzaW1

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
full download
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8
patch from earlier versions to 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!dt5mQQJL!TJaUZk2ZQDjRdyezFyRWrVhIKNY9pLk2rpMQeM5AqzI

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxlwCTOuTSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Prima Nocta is the birthright of every Noble.

>Can you make them have limited quantity like grenade?
what like how grenades are consumed on use? doesn't work for ammo unfortunately
annoying because if i did implement them then they'd just be better than grenades and there'd be no point in getting grenades

Make it a weaker AOE or something maybe?
Less shots in one inventory slot? Make it really expensive?

so I finally got a monster pc, what are some good mods with giant army sizes? Was planning on replaying tweakbro's Blood 'n steel. Is there also a tweakbro version of the new Warsword Conquest version?

>still no Dickokujou
>still no Bannerlord
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Then just take the goods from the fort? It isn't like you are missing anything. All the neutral fort troops suck ass so that Is why I didn't feel bad replacing them with skeletons and nanbans.

Then give them an ammo quantity of 1 or 2.
How would that work though if you had 1 explosive round and then a bag of normal ammo I wonder?

Even the lady nobles?

in order to change the scale of the AoE i'll have to play around with the script code
i may know which variable to test but i'll have to do it tomorrow
>Less shots in one inventory slot?
maybe, the one i was set on was 5 so maybe i'll do that if i can reduce the AoE
>Make it really expensive?
yeah i did that, set it to 100k base
>How would that work though if you had 1 explosive round and then a bag of normal ammo I wonder?
this is the main problem, because with ammo in warband the properties are based off of which one comes first in your equipment, and the rest of the ammo just increases the count
so having an explosive round of 2 say and a bag of small shot will give you 22 shots, pretty absurd

>D-daddy pls notice me

Prima Nocta only effects peasant women so how would that work?

Childhood abuse is a helluva drug when mixed with perfectionism. Things would have gone better for Azula if she'd jsut stayed on Ember Island and fucked Ty Lee till Aang beat the shit out of AtLA's worse parent (which is a surprisingly competitive title)
gif related.

You know what I only just noticed? In Bannerlord, when you hover over looted items it gives you a side by side comparison with what you currently have.

>fur armor is better than chainmail
Excuse me what

I like how you can see how much they were messing with the custom weapons.

What the hell is that empty armour slot?

Underarmor maybe?

Cowl or cape

Maybe it's the cape.

Isn't that just a surcoat

Is fighting on foot viable in this game? I feel like I get swarmed every time I try something different than just riding in circles on my horse and swing at people.

Its more than viable.

the joke is that ubisoft blows ass

I've been doing fine on my melee/throwing infantry guy. I just stay with my infantry and I'm usually fine.

use a polearm

O how my heart laments the lack
Of a pure waifu from the steppe.
She, lively, on her horse's back,
Takes me from here; and in her lap
My head rests under vast blue skies—
And there I find where freedom lies.
Alas, that life is not to be.
Who may from this one set me free?

What mod is this?

no one cared before you tweaked the wording either

?

Looks like 1257

Ubisoft has always blown ass.

older version of modded 1257

I cared. It hurts man.

I was just unhappy with the wording and wanted to fix it before the actual steppe waifu poster comes online to see it.

Yeah that's what I thought.

what about the slot below the horse slot?
is that the armor for your horse? you can actually change the armor of your horse?
that would be pretty neat and would make me get bonded with a horse, neat

Looks like a saddle on there right now so yeah probably horse armor slot
It makes far more fucking sense than having to buy the armor with a new fucking horse

Pretty certain that's horse armour, yeah. I still want to know what the other armour slot is. and both seem plausible.

also there's buttons that have a war helmet and a cap so im guessing you can have two equipment styles, one for combat and one for vanity/roaming cities
thats also pretty cool and would add to role playing elements.

Discuss.

>one for combat and one for vanity/roaming cities
Frank actually listens to us wow

He's not wrong, the port was anything but sloppy.

Aside from resentment on diverting resources away from Bannerlord, no mods, and mocking lower scale of game due to hardware constraints I am not certain what he means. Can't recall anyone mocking it for being a sloppy Native.

I think he's talking about console shits saying 'it took too long xD'.

why the fuck would anyone want m&b on console in the first place

Yeah, I haven't seen whatever criticism he's apparently been reading. Literally the only negative stuff I've seen in relation to Warband for consoles is people deriding console peasants and questioning why you'd even bother porting it for them. I tried searching google for any articles or whatever calling it a sloppy port and got no results except for his tweet about it. Even the comments on youtube are overwhelmingly positive.

Since Bannerlord promises to have children I can't help but wonder how interactive the child will be. Because Rest assured my daughter will be able to kick your daughter's ass.

>butterland actually manages to take a town from rhodoks
what the fuck happened

>Prissy dex girl vs harcore str loli
Those look like real weapons, is that a duel to the death?

Its just playful bonding between two well adjusted little girls user.

Being honest I think the dex girl will probably win. Armor is lethal to the wearer in those types of games, it marks you as a a jobber.

This only applies if you are wearing a helmet m8.

Well it certainly doesn't help your case, and wearing a dress, no armor, and #swag clothing like a crown or tiara instantly boosts your stats by 100 each
It boosts your stats by 20,000 each if you're also undead while wearing a crown.

This gets me everytime. Why the fuck are RPG devs really obsessed with dex?

>mfw a frail little boy killed a full-armored knight by SLASHING him with a rapier

It's not really 'obsessed' so much as a natural result of making Rapiers scale off Dex...which every other weapon that matters (spears which are always broken, bows which are beyond broken, and exotic shit) does too except for magic. A better way would be to make rapiers 50% chance armor piercing or some shit and make hitchance in general scale off DEX.

Neither my daughter or I are going to fall for your bullshit you... Spooky Skeleton!

Grinding skeletons is actually the most efficient way to make money in Princess Maker 2. Any good Princess Maker 2 Warrior daughter will have likely committed skeleton genocide to finance her tuition fees.

>being a non-spooky fleshbag
「Pin to the Sky」

Because to most RPG devs armor makes you practically immobile and can be cut by swords like cheap cardboard.

They can in RPG games that base themselves off numerical stats. Armor and damage resistance is literally worthless until it actually nullifies damage, with high enough stats you can push your finger through a concrete wall.

already thinking about the consequences
>want a daughter that i can train to be a great queen of my lands
>RNG gives me a boy
this already started to trigger me.

>Armor and damage resistance is literally worthless until it actually nullifies damage
Completely depends on the RPG mechanics. Percentage based damage mitigation can easily lead to universal exponential toughness in certain games. Being able to do 1 damage to a concrete wall doesn't sound so hot when said wall has over 1000 HP.

I just manipulated the creepy fortune teller for selling those pearls.

Just make sure the next daughter is a Fair Tall Strong Ambitious Genius and make her overthrow her Imbecile brother.

Yeah my bad. You get my point though, in some RPGs Epic-tier characters can literally take a naval bombardment with no armor but his skin despite being """"""""""""""""human"""""""""""""""".

does anyone have that
>killed by a toddler with a stick
comic?

You can still raise your princess (male) to be queen (male) of your lands.

>(male)
This is the worst meme

Better than getting offed by an angry cat.

this desu

this one?

I was never good at this game. I can't into the strategy. I just liked playing that one mod that lets you pledge your surface to NPCs and fight in their armies.

The amount of mooks killed by slashes to the breastplate in LOTR was legitimately a bit distracting.

FUCK OFF CANUTE
AUTHOR SHOULD'VE RETCONNED YOU INTO A GIRL LIKE HE RETCONNED THORFINN INTO AN ASSASSIN

I fucking love this game, got any reccomendations for other comfy old jap games?

Princess Maker 2 is; somehow, still my favorite raising sim game. I did however find myself frustrated that I couldn't help my daughter out more actively despite being a former Demon King slaying badass in-lore. Especially when sending her off to take down rape bandits. A "raising" game where the player is an active character is rare -- In fact the only game that I can think of that has elements of this is Dragons Dogma ATM.

Aside from Kichikuou Rance in the last topic I can't think of many old Japanese games ATM. Uncharted Waters: New Horizons and Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen are the only things that come to mind.

In LOTR's defense, the fact that people can complain about swords and arrows through breastplates is a hallmark for the relative semihistorical accuracy in LOTR.

I mean, if Jackson hadn't been on top with all those art design and combat choreography people, LOTR could easily just have been some kind of Capeshit except without superpowers and capes, but swords and orcs.

Does anyone have a changelog for Dickplomacy?

because i'm a poorfag who cant afford to build a gaming PC because college comes first

He could be reading emails you know.

wasn't so much an issue for me in the LOTR trilogy. I did notice it a lot in those shit hobbit movies though.

But you can play it on a toaster and still have most of the benefits, if not the ability to handle higher battle sizes.

this
the game has 10 year old graphics, you really don't need a supercomputer to play it, even on high settings. even a shitty laptop does well.

Nigga you can literally run this shit on a college work laptop running a pentium

None of it matters since Warband is CPU intensive and only uses 1 core IIRC

True, could be. Pretty sad if he has to read through whiny emails from butthurt consolefags.

>tfw you will never be frank
>you will never tease Veeky Forums about features that may or may not be the game
>you will never have the job of reading emails from youtube commentators who can barely type
thank god

speaking of dickplomacy
anyone else also use it without the sex stuff?
it seems to me that the latest dickplomacy is probably the most playable, stable and comfy version of warband.

Post feast music
youtube.com/watch?v=rxlwCTOuTSs

wtf

I've played other games like that before.

can confirm, been running on a toaster and going strong

I only plan to upgrade once Bannerlord comes out, and even then I hope it has toaster support just incase :^)

>>you will never tease Veeky Forums about features that may or may not be the game

i bet that gets him off
what a slut

Actually if you drop all of your gold in Runescape and then hit ALT-F4, you can instantly double it
It's a weird glitch the devs haven't patched out yet, just some friendly advice

Armagan said during an interview for a Chinese gaming website that a gtx 660 should be able to run the game in medium
Though that was quite a long time ago and that may have changed, for the worse or better...

yeah I'm pretty sure my t420 dankpad is going to be fine

...imagine, he could be getting angry emails from crossover linefag/consolefags.

daily reminder that the ETERNAL RHODOK has the best defense, best trades, and most generous king

>RNG doesn't give me a boy

kek

Henry was a neckbeard faggot and probably /r9k/ too

say that in my court and not online and see what happens
>tfw no qt heir (male)

>say that in my court and not online and see what happens
You'll scream in tears for the guards to drag me away instead of doing it yourself like a man.

Not everyone can be as strong and manly as CHARLEMAGNE, KING OF THE FRANKS, SAXONS AND LOMBARDS, PROTECTOR OF THE HOLY CHURCH AND TRUE EMPEROR OF THE ROMANS

you don't get to bring male heirs

*rapes Gisela*