>too expensive to buy new car

Do you guys just rice stuff out mostly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ucg_0_KKs_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=dUaqxLpz5qg
youtube.com/watch?v=tSf4YIUyTuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tfw no autozam

The only difference between american car culture and swedish is that we have a lot more tuned volvos. Otherwise it's pretty much the same, old guys wanting old muscle cars, youngsters wanting muh JDM and rednecks muh volvo.

>How is the european mod culture?
Just look at mjet
> benchracing about superior Italian cars while driving a lowered fiat punto

How do europeans feel about corvettes? Is it an exotic to them?

it's dead. car culture has been killed off over the past decade.
parts are horrendously expensive for the most part.

There are plenty around. They're pretty separate at events, though, because hardly anyone but Vette fans care about them.
Mostly people like the look of the older ones. They take a picture, then move on.

Central europe is pretty rich, you'll see tons of expensive upper middle class german sedans with either no or subtle tuning/styling.

It's to europeans what a Porsche is to americans.

Bullshit, third party parts are dirt cheap.

Diesel shitboxes sound angry

youtube.com/watch?v=Ucg_0_KKs_Y

Wings aside, pic related sums it up.
> cheapest chinese LEDs, rims, exhausts
> wrapped hoods and cold air intakes
> remapped diesels
> subs for bass
> stance nearly nonexistent.
I've seen few stanced Hondas in a row on the expressway but nearly no one does anything more than LPG conversion. Even a Golf GTI is a rarity here, you probably won't see an MX-5 either and those are considered popular worldwide.
If a new car and not an econobox is being bought, it's an A4/A6, 3/5 Series base diesel for badgewhoreism.

Most ricers and stancefags and sometimes actual enthusiasts drive 6 cyl swapped 316i E36s or E30s. There's also VAGiners driving lowered Passats and Golfs with oversized wheels and Hondafags doing the usual 1.4 plastidipped EG Hatch with cut springs and Mugen exhausts.
Any american muscle will get you infinite pussy and will turn heads of all pedestrians.
This.

in italy car culture is dead altogether, even those with some money settle on some boring 2L diesel german POS... or maybe some useless trendy toy like a fiat 500 or a mini

the only cool cars you don't pay a lot of taxes or insurance on are those 30 years old or older

I'll sum it up for Germany the following way. What's possible for you to do depends on your budget and your connections.

Budget because more substantial bolt-on parts will require official approvement (think DOT approvals) that concludes a bunch of expensive tests for the manufacturer that of course get passed on in the retail price, and custom fab will require testing as well.

Connections because on paper our street legality guidelines are relatively harsh and you'll have to know the right inspections guy who'll "overlook" this or that mod on the basis that the only other people enforcing vehicle codes are cops and either mods aren't visually apparent to them in traffic or they don't don't know all vehicle codes by memory.

For example I've been on an American car meet yesterday and even though this car was shouting ILLEGAL ON PUBLIC ROADS it somehow had valid plates on it, and not only that, but they were historic plates that have to adhere to additional restrictions regarding condition and originality.

>the only cool cars are those 30 years old or older
FTFY

The average tuner however will limit himself to visual things and minor bolt-on stuff like suspension, exhaust and chip tuning and so on. Going fast on the Autobahn will be cheaper if you buy a quick car to begin with instead of trying to pass inspections with tons of mods in what used to be a slow car, of course exceptions from the rule exist.

it's fucking horrendous
everybody drives a diesel VWs and they are so fucking proud of them too
meanwhile young drivers have old bmws with LPG installations
do you think mjet shitposts ironically? no, this is the typical mindset, people seriously think their shitboxes are the hot shit

it's so ridiculous that something like a miata is be a headturner here
i have yet to see a single fucking one outside of a car meet

though i have to give credit, if you see an actual enthusiast car you can be pretty sure it's a beast
even the miatas i mentioned before, pretty much all i've seen so far had at least turbo installation

It's alright
youtube.com/watch?v=dUaqxLpz5qg

In the UK

>pros
god-tier used car market

>cons
no cheap vee ates

Insurance is fine if you're not underageb&. from the threads here it seems half of ameriburger can get dirt cheap insurance and the other half is far worse than here.

hey I think mjet is shit too

>This thread
>Americans are freer with cars, guns and everything else
No wonder eurocucks are always jelly. But it's fine, at least you can brag about using the metric system or whatever.

There are plenty of cheap high-displacement cars here but it's just a pain in the arse to run maintain and insure them. You can have a beemer [3/5]30 for peanuts, and the Lexus LS400s with MUH VEE EIGHT go for less than £1k.

In North America, insurance matters by where you drive. Or home location.

My insurance was crazy in the GTA so when i was 18 and got my first whip, i showed my home location to be an uncles house way north.

My insurance was less than a third of what it would be if i was in GTA. And it's not like they check.

Also helps if you never get into a incident and the insurance investigates.

Vauxhall Monaros are pretty cheap

*West Europe cucks
I have a friend who is 30 years old and insures a Porsche 996 for 300 euros a year and he lives in Europe.

liek this

>AA12 equipped Freedom Eagle

fucking based

here is my car
[spoiler]no bully pl0x [/spoiler]

I'm not Euro or yank and I have a v8 & guns

are you guys even Europeans?
y'all seem like yore Americans spouting memes uezs
it's easy as fuck to be a car enthusiast, at least in Germany.
the thing why you don't see Europes posting sikk cars here is because it requires money to be an enthusiast, and most people in Germany at least see a car as an appliance to go from a to b so they just take the cheapest shit
if people are willing to pay for a xar they're most likely about 25+ years old because that's the time where you have money
as a young Ling you have not the money to buy expensive cars so most of time they do low budget mods
but still some people enjoy cars
just look the nürburgring videos

most people of my area don't care that much about cars but more about motorcycles, don't know about rest of Europe.

with requires money I mean about 2k a year in insurance and (a lot) for fuel depending on how much you drive

>2k a year in insurance
I've paid 600 in my first year, it's become less with each year since.

for what kind of car?
obviously I was talking about stuff with a bit more power

it heavily depends on the car tho, strangely a BMW Z3 with 190 hp would cost me under 1000 euros full coverage a year, while a 90 hp fiat Punto would costs me about 1300 euros

Ford or Holden and how's the Adler?

been driving 1989 Lincoln Town Car daily for a month, i hear peoples necks snap.
also, endless questions about year, how big is the engine, fuel mileage, etc.

moving back to my volvo 240 next week, more fuel efficient, easier to park n generally get around.

Insurance rates only partially depend on your own record, they also depend on the record of the average driver of your model of car. That's why luxury sedans are often cheaper to insure than midsize car or compacts from the same brand. I was looking for a Ford a few years ago and a Mondeo ST220 with 220 hp would've been cheaper to insure than a Focus ST170 with 170 hp because Focus drivers crash more often.

>they're most likely about 25+ years old
This is why you don't see many European car enthusiasts on Veeky Forums.

In the UK car modding is alive and well among people who aren't poor students. There is a whole industry around track days and we have some of the most relaxed regulations in Europe. You can build a kit car like pic related in your shed and have it road legal fairly easily. That car also has a "Q-plate" which means it only has to pass an a emissions test which begins and ends with "No visible smoke".

here volvos are for grandmas and middleclass housewives/future grandmas

Klausi is cool as fuck

i bought a manta because i wanted to be as cool as him

as for OP's question, it's the same as everywhere else. we have people who buy track focused cars and mod them to be faster on track, we have people who restore classics (european, american, whatever), we have rednecks who race stolen cars around dirt tracks, we have stance and drift fags driving around in ruined skylines or BMWs, we have japfags and BMWfags insulting each other on the internet and racing each other on the street, we have illegal street races on friday night, we have people who mod their car with a bunch of bondo, plastic bodykits and shit and put huge subwoofers in them (although that's currently dying it seems, they're all german look/stancefags now)

basically our car culture is as diverse as yours. it's not as widespread though. and ofc there are way less newer american cars, because they're either not sold here or way too expensive compared to european sports cars

Volvo is totally different in Sweden compared to other countries. The older RWD models are like the no1 hooning mobile.

thats why i got one, all the old BMW's are rusted and ruined.

will maintain and hoon around in my volvo

>This is why you don't see many European car enthusiasts on Veeky Forums.
yes that's what I wanted to say with that.

>20 year old
>register 400+ hp car as first car
>pay 2.120,01 € per year in insurance
it's not as bad as people make it look like 2bh, just a lot of money for a young person.

and obviously no normal 20 year old would be able to shell out 40 grand for their first car.

You don't have to spend that much for a 400+ hp car.

I know, I was just using the Mustang as an example since this is a car that americans know
>mfw almost 4500 bucks a year for an FD
didn't expect that

It's ok. Could be better, but at least we are less cucked than the US and we can import usdm cars. It's more complicated when you want register rhd car, but it's doable.

Very popular are audis, because they are well build so they are stable at high speeds, have awd and turbo engines which have a great potential.
youtube.com/watch?v=tSf4YIUyTuM

Dang. An FD is 416 euros in my country if you're 20 years old with 2 years of experience.

did you pick the cheapest form of insurance, or also full coverage?
I could go for partial cover, obviously it would be cheaper, but if you have a car like an FD I guess you would be smart enough to pay full coverage for it.

I chose the basic form in insurance. There are two types of insurance here. One is just normal insurance, and the other one fixes your car no matter what happens. You can drive off a cliff and it would cover it.

I chose the normal one, because only retards with too much money on their hands go for the full coverage

>only retards with too much money on their hands go for the full coverage
kek, if you'd know the area here and you would have such a nice car you'd go full coverage.

here's something

nobody wants jap crap here, car gotta be german or american made, ricers are the cancer of european car culture, and I blame jdm crowd for expensive insurance for young drivers it seems like you crash every car you can get your dirty hands on

chill out dude, I wanted to trigger americans.
Also as you can see they aren't riced civics we used to see on a daily basics so I don't know why are you butthurt about skyline or turbo supra. They are godmachines.

Why? I can drive. The partial insurance covers all repair costs if it's not me who's at fault.
And your insurance is crazy no matter what you say. This thing costs 724 euros annually to insure for a 20 year old

>The partial insurance covers all repair costs if it's not me who's at fault.
here they don't cover vandalism iirc

yeh I know it's high compared to others, but people here on 7o/ make it look like you can't buy a car with over 120 hp if you aren't a millionaire in europe

well they really aren't goodmachines they are quite disgusting and you are probably one of those people who always say american cars can't turn and have shitty interior and for the german or other european cars that they are boring, overpriced only made to be driven by douchebags

Here neither. Never knew anyone that got their car vandalised though.
Yeah, I see what you're saying though. Most people in Europe cuck themselves willingly. They could be driving a much faster car if they wanted.

(you)

thats cheap i'm 20 years old and I would have to pay at least 2000eur for insurance. even my friend who has a 5.2 v8 grand cherokke is paying like 1500eur and another 600eur annually for road use tax lets not forget about fuel regular maintinence and so on, still we keep it american on our driveways

>no cheap vee ates

Soarers and Lexuses are cheap as fuck.

you just proved my point ricers are the biggest fanboys in existence, and pure cancer in car culture all around the world

>Never knew anyone that got their car vandalised though
what country?

Lithuania, strangely. I guess nobody even steals anything here anymore, they all go to Germany and Belgium.

>they all go to Germany
well know you know why I'd take full coverage depending on the car :^)

Porsche isn't very exotic in North America. You'll most likely see one per drive.