Eurofag here

eurofag here
I read some insanely high numbers about car insurance in the US
are they true, or they were always talking about extra, non mandatory insurance that someone chooses just for benefits that it brings, and not because forced by the government to cover damages caused

So, what would be annual cost of absolutely basic insurance for some cheaper hyundai?

Other urls found in this thread:

blackagendareport.com/content/calculating-reparations-15-million-each-slave-descendant-us
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm 27 and i insure a 2012 civic for a little under $100 a month for full coverage

but that's through usaa, who is always cheaper

geico used to charge me 250 a month, fuck that noise

>for full coverage
what does that mean
do they cover damages caused to you by someone else?

>geico used to charge me 250 a month, fuck that noise
I read similar numbers
but why would that ever work on somebody?
its $3000 annually, means in ~5 years you pay for the whole god damn car

Depends on the state, depends on if you've financed, etc.

With my cars, I always finance with a bunch of money down for stupid low payments. But because I finance, most credit unions/banks will not back a loan without full coverage (meaning they get their money back if the car is totaled). I get full coverage + gap coverage, meaning I get the full some of money borrowed back and I can walk away with nothing owed if the car is totaled.

My insurance payment is relatively high because of this on my G37. It falls into "Luxury sedan" category so it's about $170/mo for all of the bells and whistles as far as coverage goes.

Say if I had the minimum liability coverage, basically covering only damage to other things rather than my car; It could be about $80-110 depending on driving record, accident history, etc.

Comprehensive coverage is a nice thing to have just in case a river accidentallys your whole car or something. Trust me.

>minimum liability coverage, basically covering only damage to other things rather than my car; It could be about $80-110

still seems extremely high to me
especially when I see how cheap the cars are in the US around here
if they insure 1000 people that means they annually 1 mil off of them
and out of those 1000 people, there will be like ~20 accidents per year ranging from small shit to totalled, but still easily covered

Depends on what you want. We've got 3 older trucks on liability for $25 each. We don't drive like jackasses and they're old enough to not care if they get totaled or damaged. My truck took 2 hits, them at fault and i made off with $2000 in total. Still damage on it but i jerry rigged them and they look ok. Helps when they have full coverage tho.

That's based on my area and age though. I just turned 25 yesterday, which in the states means a huge drop in insurance costs. I'll have to re-evaluate my policy with my agent and re-math how much minimum would be.

If I didn't live near Cincinnati, OH which is a major traffic incident area (big fucking surprise, fucking ohio drivers), my insurance would be lower. All of that factors into how much you pay.

High risk = High Payment

If I lived where I grew up more toward the countryside, my payment would probably be $70/mo or some shit. Which is pocket change.

>$25 each
yeah, that sounds almost reasonable

it just not clicking in my brain, somewhere there must be scam on americans

>slovakia, eastern europe
>100€ annually for mandatory liability insurance
people would not pay more if for few years of paying insurance you can actually buy a new car
and we have lots of insurance companies
and they dont seem to be losing money
even though cars are bit more expensive
and parts are similar in price
yeah, work is cheap, but still

if insurance companies make profit in our country, then there must be some huge profit river in the US with those insurance prices. Unless rate of accidents is completely different and everyone bumps in to each other at least once every couple of years

>what does that mean

Not him but at least in Germany we have 3 kinds of vehicle insurances
- minimum is mandatory and covers damage caused by you to others
- partial coverage is optional and will pay damage on your car caused by weather, theft, wild damage or electrical damage with fire and short circuits
- full coverage includes everything above, vandalism and damage on own car caused by you

I'm 21, own a '90 miata and pay 310€ a year for mandatory insurance what is incredibly cheap. Usual prices for my age are over 800€ year

Well in america we had 100x the number of fatalities from vehicle related incidents in 2013 compared to slovakia

I'm sure there is some reasoning behind the difference. Not to mention the difference in inflation and shit. Vehicles are expensive here.

I am thinking price of work now
every employee in the food chain from bureaucracy to mechanical work needs to be payed much more and it all eats a lot of money I guess

800britsheckels/yr sounds about on par here for someone your age. that works out to be like what, $75 a month for minimum coverage?

>mfw Americans have to get their cars insured for being hit by someone uninsured

Cost of vehicles, cost to run the business, higher number of cars per person, etc.

It's not really a fair comparison. Although it's not fucking cheap and definitely sucks.

Pretty much, yes. Costs also depend on car and its damage ratio.
A car for women, like any smart, costs more than a RX8 or Porsche...924 because they cause more accidents.
So if you want a cheap insurance, get a car that women don't touch

I wouldn't be surprised if there was 100x more cars being insured in USA though.

>- full coverage includes everything above, vandalism and damage on own car caused by you
so if i fuck up my own car i get paid?

How much of your yearly pay cheque goes into paying for insurance? I just paid a whole years comprehensive cover + free glass and breakdown for ~2% of my yearly income. It's an LS2 powered HSV senator (so high risk car) and my insurance was $819 for the year, so I can quite easily pay for it out of one pay cheque (I normally see $1900-$2200/fortnight after taxes).

It doesn't make sense that you devote so much of your income to car insurance, how is it so expensive?

yes

As long as it's not intentional or you get caught

Comes out to be about 5% of my income yearly.

It's just kinda how it is. You get a "nice car", you get a not so nice premium. All in all its worth it to me. But I've had to use my insurance multiple times now so idk.

>I read some insanely high numbers about car insurance in the US

That's a good question you asked. It's true, but not for the obvious reasons you might think. The prices are high because the insurance market is "deregulated" in the area of client selection. It's the result of an "unintended consequence" of the system. Thus, in order to protect themselves, insurance companies have to charge higher rates than what otherwise could have been. That type of problem was part of the detailed explanation provided during the justification phase of the "obamacare" medical insurance reform voting period years ago.

As for insanely high rates, Geico is one such contributor to the system. It is known for its method of skimming off the "cream of the crop" and leaving the rest for the other insurance companies to cover. In that sense, it is not a "good" company that serves its community unlike others such as State Farm which does so. If all the insurance clients were equally distributed without predation techniques, then the overall insurance rates would drop for everyone in all categories. Of course, some companies (like geico) and voters supporting de-rgulation hate that.

However, investors like predatory pricing companies like Geico. A similar comparison exists for walmart and target. Target is known and lauded for returning 5% of its profits to local charities in the area where its stores are located while walmart doesn't really have any substantial charity. Of course, investors in walmart like 5% more profit, right? Which is better? The efficient predator, or one that blends a mix of profit and humanity? That is part of the insurance dilemma in the usa right now.

Australian here, 22 years old.
I pay $350 a year on my VY Commodore for third part, Fire and theft. Commonly known as bomb insurance.

There's plenty of insurance fraud in the USA especially by those willing to lie.
Teens are not only new to driving, but they often drive angrily or carelessly due to emotions.
Teens lie a lot.
If it's a teen, it going to be hit-and-run unless they can't run away due to too many witnesses. Insurance rates have to compensate for that teen contribution to overall accident rate.
Thus teens and their young age group up to 25 get huge rates.
The rates also correspond to have I've seen many such people behave in life. So in that sense the rates are justified.

My new 2016 loaded car is $80 per month (direct pay discount) to insure at Progressive at my current address which is not the best but still fairly okay. If I move to the worst part of town (slum area), the quote moves up to $138 per month from Progressive.

>so if i fuck up my own car i get paid?
Can you succeed?

You really have to be careful about getting caught. One of the methods is the records in your OBD2 which of course must look like an accident was happening if it was a dynamic type of accident totaling the vehicle.

An insurance company can request a LOT of records. Let's say they suspected me of fraud. They could request a look at my utility records. The electric records have one minute granularity. If there was a burglar and I claimed I was asleep, they would check to see that I was asleep. If I have NEST, smart TV, cellphone facial scanner to wake up, or interior movement scanners, those could make spikes in utility usage which shows someone is awake and moving around inside.

Since I am the only resident, that would show I was not asleep like I said and the car thief should have been noticed. If I flush the toilet, the water spike is noticed at that time too and the water meter granularity is every 5 minutes it reports its value via radio. It can be hard to have a good alibi, right?

I have a commercial grade multi-zone wired and wireless combo home burglar alarm with multiple sensors, wireless area scanning sensors, IR area sensors, and door sensors, so they would ask why I had it turned off. I am not making these things up as I do have them. I only mention them here to let you know that an alibi can be hard with the Internet of Things.

Since my next door neighbors have security cams, and the across the street neighbors have security scanners as well, they could ask if those cams show the car being moved by thieves and it should. So the alibi for the car being stolen out of my driveway is truly difficult. Especially since down the street there is a street scanning cam and one more neighbor scans the street for every license plate. Since my car has onstar (phones home) a thief would have to chop out both the front hood battery and the electronics battery in the trunk.

With just liability in a non-shit state and you have a good driving record? About $30 a month.

I'd rather pay the extra 20 bucks a year in case Jamal decides that the traffic light is oppressing his right to speed and floors it into my van.

In all likelihood, Jamal will try to get away but in most cases, a collision with a larger vehicle doesn't bode well for the smaller vehicle.

So now I have a Jamal sized dent in my van and Jamal was driving uninsured, so the only way I can get money to repair the dent is to sue him. (You can do but niggers don't have any sort income or assets, so no real gain.) Or I can get the insurance company to pay for it.

I think I'll pay the extra 20 for less of a headache.

>With just liability for $30 per month
How do you cover thefts by hoody wearing members of Black Lives Matter? Security cam shows "hoody man" and baseball cap. Or the collateral damage when they steal something? Instead of buying tires or batteries, they often take them from other cars.

Having only liability coverage is asking for trouble as seen in various other posts where people only had the minimum required insurance. It doesn't cover hit-and-run or no insurance. If thieves ruin the car to steal stuff out of it, you'll be stuck paying for everything to make it street legal again.

In an old car, I wouldn't report a battery theft, but this was one of those new cars with lots of cut wires and also needing things reset if the battery was taken. Thanks BLM. There's a ton of cut anonymous wires going to the fuses at the positive terminal and I had no idea where all the cut ends went to. And the fuse block was missing of course as it was attacked to the advanced AGM battery. BLM is great.

The car ended up being towed to the Stealership. Like if they break your window in order to open the hood latch to steal the car battery. The rate increase plus the $400 deductible on any payout means I pay $400 and the insurance covers the rest. Because I had to use the Stealership the bill was $1800 for the BLM battery theft of which I paid $400 and insurance ate the rest.

Remember that insurance gets a discount payout plan from the Stealership, so the total cost would have been higher if a normal person paid out of pocket. So having a battery theft is pretty expensive due to all the collateral wire damage the BLM does to the car.

American Negroes cause a huge waste of insurance resources. High insurance rates owe a lot to BLM. A lot of natural resource waste is caused by cities and people's homes having night and security lighting left on too.

blackagendareport.com/content/calculating-reparations-15-million-each-slave-descendant-us

>A car for women, like any smart
I only see them driven by men.

Some people have poor credit ratings, come from a bad demographic for claims (under 24), and live in a bad area (lots of high-cost claims).

If you've had liens and bad credit, that will go a long way to pushing your rates up even if you live in a good area. I've seen similar people with similar cars and asked about rates and where to get better ones. Since we differ only with credit rating (presumably since I don't ask about criminal record), the difference in our rates must be due to credit rating as our same make/model cars differ by only two years and mine is the newer more expensive one although I have a lower rate (no criminal record, no liens ever, high credit score).

>annual
Nobody cares or bothers to check
Talk in monthly payments

Singapore punishes criminals severely and also tries to deport them back to where they came from. Wanna bet they have far fewer high insurance rate problems as a result of criminals?