aqiu384.github.io/smt4a-tool/

>How to avoid spoilers
pastebin.com/LMEedWHf

Participate in the current /smtg/ sings:
collabedit.com/uvwta
pastebin.com/dKLqugTC

>MTII translation project
dmanufacture.com/t-dds2.php?build=5
(This build is downloadable and playable)

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/bd3Bgfj8

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/kmMsiz1d

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

>SMT If... Tips & Tricks:
pastebin.com/KiwVr9Vy

>Running Giten Megami Tensei in windowed mode with Chiitrans:
pastebin.com/0gguMLyL
pastebin.com/21W8HmWY

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7Ca1fjjBoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All I want is the ability to scribble on the map
Complete waste of the 3DS' gimmick not to

Why does angel appear twice

ONE

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

TWO

Anyone know where Balor is on SMT IV Apoc?

Mark's city

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME!

Don't think I have that unlocked or know where that is atm.

rather than light and dark the choices seem more like law and chaos outside of YHVH's influence

Is there a guide in demon locations yet? I want to make Alice but I don't remember where every demon is.

Does Scout + still exist? I want to recruit a zombie cop and that's how you had to do it in IV

>Toki: Whatever choice, I'm with you.
>Create Dadgas new universe
>she immediately turns on you with everyone else

Why do people like her again?

She just wants dick. She doesn't actually love Nanashi, not like Asahi does.

Where were you when P5 OST was literally saved by SMT?

youtube.com/watch?v=_7Ca1fjjBoI

First is the Soul Hackers angel
Second is the Nocturne angel and also very high level

No idea, Asahi is the one true Megami across reincarnations and universes

One of the only good songs from P5. The OST in it is such ass.

Im looking for a pyro jack and its driving me insane, are some demons just gone when you advance too far?

>>Demon Fusion Tool
You didn't listen to me.

They should have used this angel design for one of them.

I've always liked it a lot for some reason, so simple, but nice.

Pyro is the small mob Kasumigaseki

I agree that it should be this one + the nocturne angel
the soul hackers angel is already very similar to nocturne's
That and I always preferred the simple smt1 angel over muh 2deep4u lewd bondage angel

Successfully killed all my friends

Reading Navarre's e-mail afterwards truly made me feel like shit.

>mfw having the option to not kill all your friends is what made me go Law for the first time

Friendship ruins everything.

>Hoy on the OP
Truly, it's been a while.

How the fuck do I get into Tsukiji Honganji? These old hags just threw Toki at me and didn't even tell me where this "secret passage" is. Someone, help me.

Well fucking go to Tsukiji Kongaji with Toki.

it's right outside Ginza

Was there any point to this DLC?
All the other fights you at least got to fuse a new demon or got fanservice in the form of the old protags.

The artwork really makes it appear that Hallelujah and Nozomi aren't giving a shit about Toki turning into Inanna.

>Dadga rests his hand upon your head

IT WAS ALL WORTH IT

I LOVE YOU DAD

I didn't get the whole rivalry Gaston thought he had with Odin. Every time he brought it up I'd draw a blank before realizing he was still butthurt about that rigged battle. Did they even exchange a word during the first fight?

Really wish I could take the skill Gungnir though.

Are we sure Odin is meant to be evil? Aside from Lying, he sounds like he could've been decent.

Is Krishna meant to be evil? Because they're pursuing the exact same thing

I liked Krishna's idea more than Danu's

He wasn't evil, just autistic.

>fight sheesha second time
>autokills me first turn
okay

also does anyone else like that scouting dialogue that features the "hell yeah" answer option? always makes me laugh

The narrative constantly tells you that Krishna will enslave humanity in the new universe, of course he can be kept in check by the Great Will.

>Krishna love you to till the very end
I'm sorry based fedora tipper

Fanservice in beating up Hugo.

It never once says that, ever. The only reason anyone has for opposing Krishna is a fear of bodily death and ending the current universe. Same as Dagda, except Krishna will bring the deities over too.

At worst he comes across as an egotist, but that's par for the course in this series.

He still wants humanity to be subservient to the gods in the new world. He just doesn't want *record scratch noise* ruling over as the one head honcho.

He's surprisingly nice for a male character in SMT, potentially even husbando material. Please don't tell me he will stab me in the back later in the story and there's no route for me to avoid it

Anyone have that picture of Krisha shitting bricks right before Flynn Masakado's him?

it says he wants to create a universe without law or chaos, which some character seems to take as requiring humanity to be enslaved

Isn't it ironic that Krishna is trying to speak down YHVH but meanwhile his main persona Vishnu literally sided with YHVH in SMT1 as one of the main allies?

Maybe it's because YHVH sealed him up in this game in revengeance of SJ.

>cia
>FBI

What's up with pirates and these abbreviations?

The game really makes sure that the player doesn't side with Krishna and his faction. Plus, he spends most of the game using humanity as tools to achieve his goals. Tokyoites want a benevolent mother goddess who will coddle them and support them in the universe like Danu or the Goddess of Tokyo, not someone with the "greater good" in mind like Dagda or Krishna

So does Danu, in practice. She can preach her peace horseshit all she wants but the nature of humans and deities is that the latter manipulates the former to gather power in YHVH's universe.

I got the impression Krishna wasn't actually going to distribute the souls around when he started talking about the "Great Singularity," too. He talks up his unification idea, which seems like a more practical implementation of what Danu advocates.

Not really important when we've got Lucifer the slave of YHVH and all. I think it's better not to treat 4's entities as the same as any other game's.

So who is more Veeky Forums?
Flynn or Nanashi?

Nintendo can't do anything about them since they have those names. Japanese companies have a law where they are in no circumstance allowed to do any dealings with forgein government services. By naming things CIA and FBI, pirates have effectively created a loophole over locked in Japanese company laws that allows them to not be pursued due to something as simple as the names of their method sharing the same names as American government services.

>that pic
hm, they didn't give him the fedora for nothing.

Tokyoites don't know what the fuck they want and split 33-33-33 when it came time to decide. Even with the Maitreyans he relied the most on his own power of all the non-human factions.
You're pretty much just forbidden from working with him because of Dagda, who was a poor plot device from the start.

Lol

Even if we remove Dagda from the equation, the plot is written in a way to make sure that Danu and only Danu's path was the correct choice. Dagda could've worked if the game just dropped all pretenses and just make him part of the Divine Powers because he's plan is not so different from Krishna's.

This. Why is Dagda considered Neutral, not Chaos?

I just had a like, 15 minute fight against a random encounter without being able to touch the controls a single time because Master Therion used Ancient Curse every single turn, and Isabeau exclusively used Mediarama every turn to counteract the whopping 80 damage from poison.

That was stupid.

Dagda is neutral in the sense that he doesn't side with any faction, including his own mother who's pretty much piggy backing off of his plan to kill YHVH.

Genius.

Their plan is the same in that they need to break out of YHVH's rules to save mankind, but they're basically solitude/chaos and unity/law.
Danu isn't going to fix shit and is just a feel-good plan for people who aren't willing to take risks.
It's the revival/mind control shit that makes Dagda a bad plot element.

muh akira, muh third path
Krishna simultaneously proclaims that law and chaos have nothing to do with humanity's downfall and the problem is all YHVH, but then they try and vilify the alignments anyway because only neutral can be good/pro-human or something like that
I mean Maitreya's an obvious chaosfag. Law and Chaos aren't supposed to be bound to YHVH but the writers seem to selectively forget that.

What happens if you don't deliver the final blow to YHVH?

A Law without YHVH just doesn't seem to work in my head, how can Lawfags justify themselves if they don't follow their almighty god?

Even SMT2 which had Law as the most appealing force still had you follow under YHVH, though you also did punish him for being an asshole as all who commit the sins of violence/genocide must also be punished no matter who they are.

Why is Satan best law rep?

Krishna

>It's the revival/mind control shit that makes Dagda a bad plot element.

user, there are a laundry list of problems with Dagda's plan, not least of which is that he plans to replace YHVH with a 15 year old kid.

Recommended partner for YHVH?
I typically use Isabeau, but that clearly is a no-can-do in this situation

Navarre or Asahi. Prefer Navarre since doping, but either works well

meant for

Authority can come from anywhere. It's a state of society. Tayama is often considered an attempt at law, suppressing instincts, etc. in the ruined Tokyo.

The point is that YHVH has poisoned ideology by presenting only his two own choices, both of which loop down the same path endlessly for his own gratification. There's nothing wrong with the core principles behind order and discord, but the angels and demons never actually followed them in the first place.

I could overlook the teenager if we didn't selectively grant revival and brainwashing powers whenever the plot demanded it. We could've had more valid endings and character deaths that weren't immediately handwaved away.

what to do with this guy? everythings good except lack of attacks.

>Daddy Dagda

>Not just calling him Dadga

Ailments really dont matter too much in endgame iirc. The only nulls you really need are null death and null light desu. Demifiend can get Null:All anyways.

>MTII translation project
>think it's Majin Tensei II
>oh boy
>it's just fucking Megami Tensei II
>when we already have kyuuaku
literally boner killer

>I didn't get the whole rivalry Gaston thought he had with Odin.
Could be a really bad P3 reference? This guy gives you Odin if you max his S Link. He was also kind of like Nanjo and Gaston was definitely inspired by Nanjo.

I don't think SMT actually ever referenced Persona.

Is there one piece of equipment in each "Brane" in the last dungeon? I got the pants in the first brane I just want to make sure before moving on

>I don't think SMT actually ever referenced Persona.
Walter says he has a cousin he goes to Gekkoukan High in IV. They definitely have

Now you're just making shit up

>making stuff up
How about you play the game?

I did, multiple playthroughs, and I've never heard such a thing. Infact it doesn't even make sense because Walter is a poor fucking village boy from some shitty village outside Mikado.

Guess you didn't play enough pal.

>tips fedora
>All stats increased!

When does this happen?!

I hope you all guys buy the fedora DLC to properly kill God with style.

Would the plot be better if Asahi died and Toki permanently became Inanna without any hopes of coming back?

>Equip Fedora
>fighting YHVH
>Nanashi has become enlightened by his own intelligence. His stats greatly increase

When user learned to use photoshop.

While massacre was not well implemented as bonds they sure made people on Tokyo a bunch of unlikeable fuckers so there's a reason for you to feel like not doing bonds

>see a pretty female demon
>tip my fedora at her
>"milady"
>instantly attacks me

I don't get it anons, what am I doing wrong?
The male demons keep making fun of my hat too...

Someone help.

1st brane has chaos set.
2nd has order set.
You can only access full set after reaching 3rd and unlocking blue, red and yellow doors.

Luck makes it easier to land ailments on enemies?

>Attempt to recruit an Oni while wearing my fedora
>He comments on it, bites me in the face, and spends the rest of the battle giving me a swirly
I was speechless. Where did he even find a functioning toilet in Tokyo?

I agree with you user. It's a shame because gods having different motives arguably makes them more complex than the actual humans.

Final is shit. Original is better by far.

At least leave it up to the player's choices instead of just pushing you down the same road, regardless of alignment, until a single decision split. I originally imagined having to choose between Asahi and performing your role as Akira. With what we got, maybe not bringing her back on Bonds.

You're told to look out for her but you never do shit and she ends up dying for you. You're never told if her death was even useful considering Dagda's power over you. (I guess we can assume he might not have been able to take you back from Shesha's belly?) It's never that worrying since you've got the god of revival at your back anyway, and it's just trivialized more on Bonds. I really wanted her to be more important to the plot since Akira's whole motivation was supposed to be finding his sister, and monarchy was just a consolation prize after failing.

Asahi being more important to the plot would've made her better than Queen of the Fairies Nozomi. What about the Toki-Inanna thing? Would the plot been much better if she wasn't easily rescued?

So this guy is basically an adult Nanashi?

What's Cleopatra weak to?