Are you loyal to any one brand,Veeky Forums?

Are you loyal to any one brand,Veeky Forums?

I'll never buy anything without a blue oval on it.

>V6 supercar
Nice try Ford.

My last car was a Toyota and my current one a Ford. I am not brand loyal and would freely consider vehicles from other brands. That being said, when I went to buy new I found the way Honda sells cars (buy it or leave it with packages and no checkboxes for individual options) which is one of the reasons I didn't buy an Accord. There are also brands I would definitely avoid (Chrysler, GM, Kia).

>That being said, when I went to buy new I found the way Honda sells cars (buy it or leave it with packages and no checkboxes for individual options) which is one of the reasons I didn't buy an Accord.
I found this infuriating, sorry for the incomplete thought.

I also like that I was able to buy another two proximity keys for my Ford on ebay for $44/each new and program them to my car myself to have four keys total. Toyota and Honda don't generally have on board programming which means getting keys is $$$. Compared to the price of buying a car new this is a marginal expense though, and it wouldn't be a major factor in my purchase decision.

One advantage of switching car brands is that if you buy a similar vehicle in class (e.g. I had a Camry, and bought a Fusion), I was able to get $1,000 competitive conquest cash AND I was able to stack it with an $1,000 previous ford owner credit (If someone in the household has the last name as you and bought a ford, you can get the dealer to apply the competitive owner credit applied to your purchase in VINCENT). Ford also lets you get X-Plan (dealer invoice minus 0.6%, no haggle) through membership in the mustang owner's club of america, although it takes 60 days of membership before you get a PIN (better if you know you're going to buy a car ahead of time rather than replacing something lost in an accident). That price is before any financing or cashback incentives, which means you can get a pretty good deal.

I don't know what I will buy for my next car. I'm looking to hold on to my current one for five to ten years, and that's ages in the modern car market.

Holy shit good info, user.

Dont know but just finished tuning my fusion with a bigger borg warner turbo and ate some wrx vape fags last night. I suspect a low 13 second 1/4 pass on street tires.

Mine

I really like Kia/Hyundai, but I want a performance car for my next car, so I don't know if I'll buy Korean again for my next one. That being said, I'll shill the Koreans all fucking day.

None. Owning a good car from one brand will give me a better impression of it in the future, but my reason for buying one car over another will never be 'because it's brand "x"'
I hate Subaru, Hyundai and Kia though, too many bullshit people

not loyal but i will never buy a mercedes or GM
pretty much worthless to me.
i like subarus, i like saabs, maybe a tesla?

i hate vws but i would not mind having a dieselgate car.

So far it's Toyota but that's a tenuous relationship moving forward.

Still haven't owned a Land Cruiser, MR2, or LS400. Once we hit those, I don't think there's much left for me. They seem set on making Camrys from now on.

the only hope is the SFR

I am partial to Dodge (mostly because I've driven every model of car they've made in the last 20 years) but I'll drive anything.

Next car I want to get is that v4 Mustang with the eco boost. Fast for its range, and pretty cheap too. $25k? Sure.

>Corvette literally BTFO by a V6

Brand loyalty is foolish

>I'll never buy anything without a blue oval on it.
you know what Ford stands for, right?
Fix It Again, Tony

I use to LOVE Subaru, but then as I learned more and more automotive I realized the Subaru boxer engines were subpar compared to the other Japanese car makers. I've still got a soft spot for old Subarus but I would never buy a 21st century Subaru.

Sorry m8, but 8 is mathematically greater than 6.
Enjoy only being 75% of a real car

Fix Ot Rgain Dony

You only buy fords and subarus?

What a strange combination.

i do not think so, they have potential, and porsche designed the EZ30 for them.
i like the engines, they seem to run pretty smooth, rev fine, easy to work on

>delusion

muh veeyate fags, everyone

My only gripe with Subaru is the Engine, everything else is great. The engines aren't as efficient, reliable (they go through seals and gaskets faster by design), or cheap as other nippo engines.

T. Subaru stealership tech

I only buy A E S T H E T I C brand

I used to be loyal to ford, but over the years it comes down to the country the car was built. That said, today I'm loyal to just American and Japanese cars. No German cars allowed.

T. 2002 subaru legacy owner

I really love my Fiesta, doesn't mean I'm not looking at other brands for my next car.

i tend to gravitate toward lexus, i wont own a chevy unless its a camaro, and i will never own a fiat. on principle of being a man

Good man. Fiats are shit-tier, especially diesel ones.

I'm partial to Dodge, mostly because it's what I learned driving and what I've owned the most of but I'll buy anything as long as I like it.

Really want to try out that v4 Mustang with the eco boost. Pretty sure with a tune you could be pushing 350hp and that's the territory of the RS, which is 15k more expensive.

So you'd buy a Subau or TVR?

I think it has benefits. A lot of cars in a brand share the same general parts bin parts (radio, hvac, engine, trans, etc), so if you have good luck with one car, it kinda makes sense to check out that brand again rather than completely mixing it up and getting something totally different that could be a crapshoot.

Not really brand loyal to one specific car company really. Although I just buy nothing but Ford's and Chevy's.

Yes

Yeah and x2 for the fiats available in murriclap

I've owned a Chevy, Ferd, Mitsubishi, and Toyota so far. Will probably get a Subaru or a Ford next.

I used to be GM only (had numerous w bodies, a couple f bodies, and now a c6), but when we went suv hunting for the wife I ended up with a ford edge.

We looked at GM, but in the size we were looking at, they didn't have rear air vents, and their engine choices sucked (low power 4 cylinder or low gas mileage 6 cylinder).

The edge gave us a lot of options gm didn't offer, rear air vents, and a turbo 4 cylinder that has good power and great gad mileage.

We traded in her old car which was by far the worst car I've ever owned from a maintenance perspective (08 impala), so I was ready for a change anyways after such a crappy car

those impallas were shit. i had no idea how gm could sell them new.
who test drove it and said i love it?

Nice choice user, I really like the Edge and the Flex.

I just like cars. Mostly because of the science behind them.
Im more interested in the capability of a platform or engine on its own merits, rather than the company that manufactured it. But when buying a car i usually take the manufacturer reputation into account when weighing things like cost of parts, reliability, ease of maintenance and things like that.
I just love cars because cars are cool as shit, and they're modern technical marvels, even if they're based on old technology.

Ford and Mercedes

I place more importance on brand than I should, but I wouldn't say I'm brand loyal because there's at least a dozen brands I would buy.

Saab and Volvo are my go to brands
However I enjoy BMWs as well

>Fiat Chrysler anything
Its like your asking to be cucked.

Not trying to be an edgy faggot here but I don't really see the point in brand loyalty anymore. If I buy a product and it works I'll definitely come back if the new product fills that old requirement and has a good reputation.

If they simply don't offer a competitive product, IE something like the Jeep Wrangler, 4Runner, the I6 Cummins, any Subaru wagon then I see no point in sticking with the company and buying something that's not as capable or trusted just because of branding.

Brand loyalty is kind of fucking dumb anyway. I'm simply purchasing a product from a faceless corporation. Why would I extend any emotion toward their branding? Let alone invest time in promoting it or defending it for free.

>yfw engineering is now almost exclusively solved by adding more computers outside of 400K+ cars

>cars are modern technical marvels
are you a 1800s time traveler

Im talking about cars collectively you fool, not just internal combustion engines

gm, chrysler, mercedes and bmw and no jap cars for sure in my garage

Mopar is dead.

It's a zombie car maker living on borrowed time.

Just bought a '98 LS400, which is a bit of an upgrade compared to the '00 Avalon I had before. I really like Toyota (mostly older Lexus's) but I agree they are on the decline and lack any modicum of soul in their lineup nowadays.

Lol v4

>Enjoy only being 75% of a real car
>100% claimed real car lost to a 75% car
GM fan girl BTFO
Can't compete

At least the ecoboost made it across the finish like 100% intact

Gtr is a v6 too
Corvette was btfo by two

Probably three when the nsx goes around some tracks

I'd say I'm a Ford guy, but it's really just because the majority of the cars I own are late 80's early 90's Fords. It's nice being able to swap out parts between them all.

Yes.

Family never had any problems out of GM products sans northstar Cadillacs which were objective piles

Only other thing dad has owned is a V6 ferd exploder. Honestly the 4.0 will last till the end of time but the rest of the car is utter shit. ~250K, all 4 wheel bearings have gone out at least twice, electrics are shit, door ajar alarm goes off randomly, car alarm will go off in the middle of the night for no reason, transmission has been rebuilt twice, but I'd happily swap that 4.0 into something better built.

VW FTW

Thanks.

Also, request brochures if you buy a Ford, and request multiple well in advance. They typically include a $250, $500, or $750 cashback incentive cert that can stack with the others. Requesting multiple brochures increases the chance that you get a $750 one. You shouldn't need to actually bring the coupon from the brochure, it'll show up in VINCENT (the system that Ford dealers use to verfiy/redeem cash incentives) along with whatever else you might be eligible for.

I ended up getting $1,000 competitive owner conquest (didn't require me to trade my camry in either), $1,000 prior owner (dad had bought an expedition), $500 cash for financing with Ford, $500 recent college graduate credit (I had graduated two years prior, which apparently was recent enough), + $750 brochure coupon = $3,750 in cash incentives. It helped a lot.

Do your homework first, of course. Certain things will apply to you in certain cases.

The only GM products I buy.

Had ford explorer once and after that experience I'll never buy a ford product again. What a complete piece of shit that was.
All domestics are shit aside from cars like the corvette and viper, and maybe a few trucks.

Ferd and Lexus

I've always had good experiences with Ferd, going back to my first car which was an SN95. Lexus has always been max comfy and absurdly reliable. Even with automatic transmissions, I've never needed a rebuild despite several of my cars being around 500k miles.

It more follows where they are made for me, Like Japan and German brands.
American cars are a joke.
Korean cars still handle awful.
British cars are overpriced in terms of quality and repairs.
>Italian cars
The Legacy I had was a tank and couldn't die no matter how much torture it went through and had 275k miles on it before I totaled it, I miss this car.........

Hell no. I've had about 15 different cars and only two of them were the same brand. Variety is the spice of life

This is so fucking true unfortunately. They've been doing everything wrong since the 80's and are coasting by on brand loyalty and a seemingly endless chain of corporate suckers willing to dump new money into this sinking ship just because of the name.

I love the older Mopar steel, and have liked a few of the newer models, the LH platform was decent and the older caravans were the standard by which every minivan was judged, but god did they screw up the brand later on.

korean cars are generally good, but like most german cars they're kinda soulless. japanese cars on the other hand are made with soul.

this

I'm the guy who keep posting pictures of 2nd/3rd gen trans am's so you tell me

I'll be honest, I got it for free. My parents bought it new, and had put 50k or so on it. They had a few probes fixed under warranty, but one winter it freaked out and wouldn't start at all below about 20 degrees. Dealership did all kinds of stuff to it, but it was hard to test once the temperatures came back up. They tried to trade it, but the offer was like $4k or something crazy, so they gave it to me as a DD beater since it doesn't get down to freezing out here.

I had two previous gen impalas with 3800s, and they were great. Both ran 200k+ with no real issues. This 08 was a disaster though, I had all kinds of stuff go bad and I dumped it right at 100k fearing the transmission was going to blow.

I miss my blue-oval-logoed car...

I dream of a '90s Impreza coupe with an EJ257 and the STi 6-speed and differentials.

And no, OP, I do not care about brands, I care about the particular car in question.

It's been an excellent car so far. We've got about 15k on it now (2015 MY), and it has exceeded our expectations. Gas mileage is extremely good, cargo room is great, and some of the oddball features are really helpful (auto high beams, 180 degree front camera, etc).

I do have two (minor) complaints:
-One is that the cooled seats create a hot spot in the middle of your back. On max cold, it is almost heated seat warm in that spot.
-Two is that the navigation / touchscreen is a bit clunky. The Navi search is quite frustrating to use. I end up just doing Navi and pandora through my phone on Bluetoothx but I had hoped I wouldn't have to mess with my phone since it has built in Navi.

With that said, I wish I would've got the sport model. When we bought it, I had been test driving anemic 4 cyl midsize SUVs for weeks, so the turbo 4 felt pretty strong. However on the highway, I wish it had a bit more power. I'd also like the engine to be a little bigger so the turbo lag wasn't quite so apparent.

I think the small price difference for the sport would've been well worth it.

I generally only buy Lexus/Toyota because of how cheap they are to keep running. I mean, a lot of the old Lexus' you get for under $10,000 are the definition of grandpa cars and have the most boring styling possible, but they're stupid reliable and built really well.

That said Toyota hasn't made anything exciting since they ended the Supra so I go to the Corvette for fun. I don't think the premium for a C6 is worth it and I think they all look ugly, but they're the most reliable and practical sports cars within their price range. It's ridiculous how much car you're getting in a C5 corvette.

All about that Viper Integra

That visual hoespower

panda we found your car online about a year ago in a thread but you never replied

Are you a girl?

Nah m8 it's all about that Ford prelude

Brand? No, not especially.

Engine? Yeah. I have a thing for V12's.

I wasn't going to get a Ford, but I did.
Got a 2004 Focus 5 door hatchback a month ago.
Been in it for four drives since, the first two trips were 65km out of town and the second two were about 840km down to, through and past Adelaide.

>I hate Subaru, Hyundai and Kia though, too many bullshit people
shut up fag you don't actually know any people who own these cars you just hate them because Veeky Forums (and other internet forums) tell you "omg le subaru vapefags XD" and other stupid shit

p.s. I have never owned any cars from those makes

faking o full of people with no sense about cars whatsoever, it this is a faking auto board

if you still think american cars are a joke you are just a retarded pile of shit

FORD SHILL GTFO