ITT: The greatest car of all time

ITT: The greatest car of all time.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEuZG37gFdM
youtube.com/watch?v=8Qigr3ZheKM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

more like picture unrelated

I agree Op, now brace for a horde of teens posting riced weeb shit they saw in Fast & Furious

That's a funny looking McLaren f1.

Speed racer?

Was this thing recently featured in some video game or other piece of teen media? Because I'd never heard of it before last month.

I guess I'm glad to discover Europe has its own affordable MR car to join in the MR2 vs Fiero threads but something tells me there's something else going on here.

Is that a Roush?

>Lancia Stratos
>Affordable
Nice b8

Okay now I actually hit up the wikipedia page
>492 produced
So this really is just some bench racer tier fantasy shit.

>Detomaso Pantera? Nah fuck that, too common. Give me a 290hp handbuilt Italian museum piece.

>stratos
>affordable
even if you can afford one, it'd shit the bed after a few yards

Hi, you must be retarded.

You can build a replica of said car... that has better geometry and fixes the fails in the original design for far less than the cost of many other inferior vehicles.

Go buy a mustang, it should be more your style.

>slow
>ugly
>unreliable

ok.jpg

assmad yuropoor fiat fangirl spotted

>slow
>ugly
>Stratos

Pick one.

I pick all 3 aka the correct answer.

BURN

God the trolls are so low rent on this site. I was expecting far better.
Weak/10

Thats not a toyota corolla

>Capri master race

They rusted into dust, but that's one of their few flaws. But it had flaws. Not the best car.

I have a Mustang but why the fuck would I want a replica of a Lancia Stratos when I could get a Factory Five GTM?

You personally, genuinely think, of all the automobiles ever made that the Mercury Capri is the absolute pinnacle?

No competition comes close

>455 power

>Admiralty Blue

>1974 trans am

hnnnng yessss

i'm gonna go with the DS

In Rally my fav was always the stratos, I was always wrecking the faggots in the subaru and shit.
but if you want my trackwhore.

>no ecoboost
Nice try

rook same

>all those garbage answers
with every day Veeky Forums manages to confirm to be a even bigger pile of plebeian mentally challenged fools than I have previously imagined

Assmad gm fangirl spotted

Not even the best Lancia

The Stratos was an unobtanium rally monster.

The Fiat X1/9, on the other hand...

not even the best Ford

what are you on about you projecting brain dead imbecile?

t. gm fangirl

not even the best fiat
(pretend I posted a pic of the 131)

Stratos is way better looking than 037

No it's really not. The 037 has much better lines especially with it's wide-ass fenders and with the crazy aero built into the body it just makes it look even sexier.

I suppose we can agree do disagree

This.
Only a fangirl could be so deluded as not understand what anyone's talking about. Enjoy your GM trash.

to*

The 037 is literally a Group 5 monster that was modified into a rally car.

>it's real
the absolute fucking madmen.

is lancia still around? why aren't they still doing this kind of crazy bullshit?

>is lancia still around?
yes

>why aren't they still doing this kind of crazy bullshit?
because FIAT says no fun allowed, so now they just rebadge chryslers for upper middle class italian house wives. pic related.

>is lancia still around?
for a petrolhead Lancia died with the end of production of the V6 Kappa Coupe

>is lancia still around?
Only in Italy, and they're selling rebadged Chryslers and Fiats now.

why does god hate us

why does everything good in this world have to be degraded before it dies?

Climbdance.
youtube.com/watch?v=UEuZG37gFdM

that's what we get for buying jap "sportcars"

FCA really mistreated the Lancia brand. First they were reduced to glorified Fiats, but still sold all over Europe.
Then Fiat acquired Chrysler, and killed Chrysler in Europe so they could sell Chryslers under the Lancia brand.

Then, they decided Lancia wasn't selling well enough in Europe so they pulled out of every country except Italy, leaving the rest of Europe with no Chrysler and no Lancia.

And all this was after their reputation was completely ruined by shoddy quality control and terrible reliability, with nothing interesting offered in return.

>on the other hand...
>(pretend I posted a pic of the 131)

Who gives a shit. The Lancias your so infatuated with are redundant in the modern world. There is literally no production based motorsport code relevant to the ones in which Lancia was competing in their hey day.
Fiat rightfully focuses on Ferrari's Motorsport program.

>it took this long for someone to get close

As a road car manufacturer Lancia died on this day.

Enjoy getting raped by V6 Fords.

Lancia would have no issue making a car for the WRC.

(you)

The Maserati Merak.

porsche 944

best porsche

best car ever

is that a lancia disguised as a maserati or a maserati disguised as a lancia?

French luxury coupe on hydropneumatics, with a Maserati engine and quite possibly the sexiest silhouette ever? Yes.

never have i wanted anything as much as one of these

saw a pistachio green one with a beige interior few months ago. on many, many other cars that would have been hideous, but holy shit that was beautiful

Love how those things look, but weren't they kinda crap mechanically?

the irony that your favorite pistachio shaped car is pistachio colored too.

The only downside this thing has is that it's FWD. As usual. Damn Frenchies. Always when the French design something that could be good, the penny pinchers force the designers to make it FWD. (read: Peugeot RCZ)

The PSA Hybrid4 system (with electric motors driving the rear wheels) is a shriek for help from PSA's engineers, who know that RWD is better, but simply aren't allowed to.

Honestly, is there anything more incredible than the story of the F1? When it came out all the of the shit it incorporated was absolutely unheard of. Full carbon fiber tub, active aero underneath, and loads of exotic materials throughout that are just starting to become commonplace within supercars today. Was built to be the best driver's car in the world, a primarily street-oriented car, and yet a modified road-going one went on to win Le Mans under a privateer team. It held the record for the highest top speed for over a decade and will still smoke most anything you could put it up against on a track or a straightaway.

The thing wasn't made to set laptimes. It handled amazingly at the time, because of its front mid-engined layout and hydropneumatic suspension, and it doesn't put out enough power for FWD to be a problem anyway.

It's a purpose-built maximum comfy cruiser, not a track monster.

FWD was a huge advantage for the car in its rally career. It was also new and innovative when it came out and was touted as a feature. Nothing about the car was designed for racing and RWD wouldn't have helped much.

best first car

>designed for rally
>RWD
>greatest car of all time

it predates the stratos by a year.

how much power can they make? are they fast?

I think you meant to put of a picture of the Pantera, I'll help you

Fiat would have no problem*
But it would irrelevant anyway, given WRC is nothing more than generic Micro cars with manufacturer specific turbo 1.6 an control drivetrain.
IF Lancia happened to have an entrant in modern day WRC, it would have absolutely zero influence on a factory performance model, and may as well be any other Fiat branded Micro.

>ITT: The greatest car of all time.
Longest running line of compact cars. High level of satisfaction and production .What is a Civic?

>Longest running line of compact cars
It's not
That would be the corrola

Both the Stratos and X1/9 were penned by the same guy.

>mid engine
>front drive

youtube.com/watch?v=8Qigr3ZheKM
The GT5 is pretty far up in my car wishlist

Greatest of all time should go the 911, right?

You're thinking of the Fiat X1/9 or Lancia Scorpion. The Stratos is commonly considered one of the best looking cars of all time, along with the Ferrari 250 GTO and Daytona Cobra Coupe, Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale, Lamborghini Miura, etc.

>Honestly, is there anything more incredible than the story of the F1?
GT40.

Unfortunately, it looks like ass except when you look at it from directly behind. And then it still looks like ass, but in the best possible way.

The F50 was a gigantic lie. It looks and sounds nice, but it's incredibly loud in the cockpit and the car was supposed to be like an F1 car. But it was nothing like an F1 car.

no car will ever be like an F1.
the F50GT was still faster than the FXX and 333SP on track.

Not even the best looking Pontiac.

It's not named after a wind so it's not a Maserati.

Fukk yu honda CIVIC is best car i would fucking smash this shitalian lotus pieece of shit with my civic makn 500 WHP nd cruising through kfc getn all da fuckin bitches in mah god machine i bet youre a fuckn tiny dik fagget who sucks cock and gets BUTTMAD when i overtake in mah civic, lol jdm for life and i always remember to vape when im looking for pokemon out the side window, i even have a whale tale bigger than your eurocuck shitbox with my rear window taken out, i cant even see because i need dat spoiler to slow me down after i speed away from your mums house wiht my 50ml CUSTOM SIDEPIPE EXHUAST ITS NOT A FART CANNON and homemade bodykit lip spoiler, how bout you get fucked fegboy cos imma got me a stanced beast with an ebay turbo amking 3000 psi and 40million kw of torkk and no inahcooler or aircon and rust because weight reudction to shit on your euro PICE OF SHIT {PLIEASE GIVE ME VALIDATION FOR PATHETIC DEGENERACY AND BEING WORTHLESS RICER} who need dat shit m9

i would LITERALLY shit on yoo with muh japanese god machine, fukk enything with taste

Tesla Model X is objectively the greatest car of all time.

best of the best
pic related

Americans are a funny bunch. Either they're beating off to "JAY DEE EMM BRO" or act as if weebs touched them in bad places.

The F1 is honestly the greatest car of all time.

>Wheeler, no newcomer to high performance cars and an experienced racer in the TVR Tuscan Challenge, drove one of the finished prototypes home and concluded that the car was unusable on the road, in his opinion simply too powerful
The F1 got lucky. The Cerbera Speed 12 would've dethroned it.

>the TVR Cerbera Speed 12, like its predecessor, never had a true measurement of engine power output officially taken, although the original engine (which produced 800 bhp) was employed yet again. The weight was kept down to 1000 kilograms and TVR reminded people that they were making a car that they thought would beat the McLaren F1 with the words "over 240 miles per hour" mentioned on several occasions

>TVR had tried to record the car's power on an engine dyno. The dyno was rated at 1,000 bhp (750 kW) but the test resulted in its input shaft being broken. To get an approximate figure TVR engineers tested each bank individually; the result was 480 bhp (360 kW) per bank, suggesting a total rating of 960 bhp (720 kW).

The F50GT is legendtier.
Revs to over 10000 RPM, its amazing.
There's a cool video of it racing in California.