/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Joan of Arc edition

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Groups
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8 and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
imgur.com/a/rVmZG
(layout with less scrolling) imgur.com/a/rVmZG/layout/horizontal#0

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/skullrain/reinforcements.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Useful links
Barrel attachment comparison as of Sept 23: youtube.com/watch?v=-cov6N2YLH0&feature=youtu.be
Maps: r6maps.com/
Drawing board: rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx
Sound Propagation: youtube.com/watch?v=fI4YfurxVZU
Weapons and Armor damage comparisons: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
(MEGA link provided by user)
mega.nz/#!P99z0CbQ!sF-1sVRgBKNkbEVL8NrnuLtpP3oK1aJHNzX65FpyfeA
(From site)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2016/09/07/rainbow-six-siege-survey-hints-at-another-season-pass/
youtube.com/watch?v=iOrNL3v9VHw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for GROM year 2 Operators

Keep in mind the barrel attachment video is based on personal preference and he's using a small sample of using 2 magazines for each firing mode test.

I feel like they have to walk a fine line for future operators. WIth how large the roster is going to be by year 2, you're either going to keep seeing the usual suspects because the new ones aren't great, or you're going to see them literally every match as flavor of the season.

you also have to wonder what new mechanics they can add to be meaningful without also breaking the game?

Would say a defender with extra reinforcements work? It might be broken or just boring to play because he plops his stuff and then does nothing like castle/rook

True, but I think a sample size of 2 magazine's worth of bullets is pretty descriptive for the purpose of the video. And he also shows you the clips, so you can make up your own preference if you don't agree with his - so I felt it was useful info to at least have in the OP for now. But yes, it is to be taken with a grain of salt

I personally feel like one season of Year 2 (maybe the first one) should not add any new operators, and should instead focus on being a massive content update for everything in the game right now. They could focus on maintenance for the netcode, bug squashing, adding quality of life features (like being able to drop a second drone without your first one poofing away, that still angers me), implementing the University map for multiplayer, shit like that.

hey /r6g/,

I haven't played in a couple weeks now as I've been too busy. What did I miss? What's coming up?

Will there even be a year 2

Doc can now heal teammates and himself, not just DBNO
Twitch drone now used also in prep phase, and she gets two. Twitch drone speed is now the same as regular drones, her shock range is slightly increased, and the big red lights on it are gone.
Blackbeard's shield can now be much more easily broken, but he comes with two. (from 800hp down to 150hp each)
They added Muzzle Brakes and Extended Barrels for guns
They added Impact Grenades for defenders, useful for making instant vault/kill holes, but do little damage

Don't remember what else, but essentially a lot has changed and everyone is generally pretty happy

Oh and how could I forget, they added claymores for attackers to watch your back or run-out spots, so the roamer meta has been severely tamed

i'm not happy about my shield operators.

Coming up: a buff to Tachanka (he might get a shield in front of his turret)
Fixing the hit registration bugs some people might have been experiencing
Japanese Operators and new map in a few weeks

Oh and also I forgot: they made IQ and Montagne deploy and undeploy their gadget faster

Blitz and Montagne are still in the cutting board it seems?

I am not either. But now i cant be as much of a shitter so it works out I guess.

>being able to drop a second drone without your first one poofing away, that still angers me

That's a inteded feature, Attacks would be OP as fuck if they could have up to 10 moveable cameras around the map

Blackbeard players on rehab-center

I feel like they should rework the map cams too
No idea how, but now with nerfed valk and startup sniper twitch they're even MORE useless since you can't even memorize which cams are shot from which spawn

Yes, the devs have gone on record that the game is designed to last years, and that year 2 is confirmed

Hm, that's true, I hadn't considered that. But at the very least, I'd like it so that you have the option to at least turn off one drone termporarily and use the other one, and whichever was on when you died is the one your team gets to see later. Instead of it just poofing away, that feels rather silly

>the devs have gone on record that the game is designed to last years
translated to
>ubi was gonna kill us off asap to make room for the next cashgrab game, but realized we were the only game of theirs that isn't utter unapolagetic shit and they should probably keep it around instead
Not that I'm complaining

Yeah, pretty much. Ubisoft doesn't deserve these devs, desu. But I'm glad they're fighting the good fight

WITH ONE FUCKING ARM

alright thanks a bunch I'm all caught up now. Can't wait to mess with the new stuff. I read that the muzzle break was OP but it's been hotfixed. Is it still worth using?

>Plane with Twitch
>They're at the front of the plane
>Use shock drone to take out cameras and scout ahead, then hide it
>In action phase, we push them from Kitchen, Cockpit and Front Entrance
>in the ensuing confusion, I see Frost hole up in the B site
>Frost is pinned down behind the table
>I start shock droning her as they're shooting at her
>She panics and can't hit me for shit
>I actually end up downing her and killing her with the shock drone alone

God bless potato panic aim.

See first video in the OP under Useful Links

It's pottery, even with one arm cut off by Ubisoft suits they're still doing their best

I'd really like to meet that guy and shake his hand
And everyone else, really - I don't normally spew praise on dev teams these days but these people seem pretty based

oh damn, our drawfags are great. keep it up guys!

For the guns that actualy have burst select fire, why didn't he use it while doing the burst fire test?

Because fire-select mode is kind of useless if you're on PC, because with any decent mouse you're able to single-tap, double-tap, and triple-tap reliably, so there's no reason to not always have it on full-auto mode.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone intentionally use select fire until capitao's crossbow

sup guys. Want to start playing tachanka (not because of this stupid reddit meme). Any good advices to start with? (also sori for my inglish)

As little faith as I have in Ubisoft, I don't think they'll kill this game so soon, not when there were Siege sponsored stream a while ago and The Division is still falling apart.

I can hope damnit now give me a new Prince of Persia.

Play someone else

If you are really set on it use him in ambush, find a high traffic area and set up next to an unreinforced wall with barbed wire or a valk cam on the other side. When enemies come through start blasting, it won't work in ranked or against good enemies, but it can net you a few kills against casual shitters. Also don't be afraid to abandon the gun, if you stay on it the whole round you'll die like a bitch.

key word is
>was
since their division bullshit just died harder and harder while siege unfucked itself and continues to do so they have no choice but to actually invest into it

Wait until he gets buffed with the shield

I just really want to see GROM in a (good) game for once pls ubi make it happen plsssss ;_;

I was really annoyed with Blackbeard and Valkyrie being USA. Why the fuck do we need 4 americans compared to 2 of everything else. Wasted opportunity for a 9th country. And I'm not just saying this cause I'd prefer to see GROM in the game. Any new country would make it more interesting.

If there is a year 2 I think GROM has about a 90% chance of being in.

If/when they actually put GROM next year what type os map would you want?

>make peek on caveira
>rubber band back
>caveira teleports forward and shoots me in the head
please god make it stop

Year 2 wasn't officially confirmed. IIRC, Ubi was just feeling for what people thought about a 2nd year happening.

Try to spawnkill with turret.
Move to other place if you was droned. In general, try to be le sneaky turret, and dont stay on turret, if they know where you are.
Use turret to make murderholes. chanka can be pretty useful for kids bedroom walls destruction.

Am I fucking blind or is the Aug not on that list?
That's because it's GOAT, r-right?

pls be right ;_;

Doubting that GROM would ever be in the game, I never actually thought about that. A map set in Poland could be so many things, I could be coming up with ideas till tomorrow morning.

I guess it would depend on the Operators' abilities.

Auschwitz map :^)

man how do you get your game to look so clear?
Even after disabling DoF and post processing the game looks a bit blurry, I can use ultra texture if that's what might fix that

IF YOU NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION

>those eyes
>batou will never operate

Turn off TAA and Temporal AA.
Halves resolution.

:^)

The operators abilities hardly affect the map they debut with, but that's because I think Caveira ir bad in Favelas and there's no map where Valk cams are useless.

I'm hoping for a more vertical map. Or maybe a castle. I have no idea as well.

>Auschwitz map :^)
That be pretty ebin :^)

TAA is already OFF and I got AA on MSAAx2

OP screenshot guy here, my settings are:
Mostly medium everything, except Reflections, which are on low
Anisotropic on 16x
Anti-Alias on Temporal (it's really not the devil, and the performance boost is huge)
Post process anti-alias on FXAA
Turn off DoF, turn off Lens Effects, turn off Ambient Occlusion

And there ya go

increase your resolution to your monitors native then dummy.

forgot to turn off HBAO+, gonna look in-game if it changes anything, Thanks for the answers guys

Anyone else feel like they're a second behind at times?
Like you walk into a room and instantly die by a dude you could only see the elbow of but on his screen he was perfectly within view?

thats the magic of interpolation on servers with low tickrates. even on csgos mm servers with 64 updates per second you sometimes get shit like that

>Or maybe a castle.
That crossed my mind as well. Could be both a good standing castle or ruins, or a palace, etc etc..

>Ash starts sweating as soon as she sees the gate

i definitely think the theme of GROM ops would be crowd control with the attacker having tear gas grenades like others have said before and the defender should have a small version of the sound device they put on riot vans which fucks ppls hearing

I could see a castle, or some kind of palace. The first terrorist attack in the book was at a manor/palace kind of thing as well.

I mean it sounds neat, but
>assault smoke
>slav.xxkurwamanxx [no sound]
would probably be a bit boring in practice

I once thought about a tactical foam that would slow down enemies for a few seconds, but it might be too impractical.

should i get blackbeard, buck, or sledge?

Buck>>sledge>>>>>>gay powergap>>>BB

>assault wire on demand
shit I like it, just make it a bomb/grenade or deployable like the toxic babes instead of silly string and you're good to go

>slav.xxkurwamanxx [no sound]
lost

>run around and jizz on everyone
wew

>year 2 is confirmed
No, it's not
>/r6g/ making shit up again

wheres the /owg/ vs /owg/ game?

A fancy palace sound neat, but an old robust castle sounds fun.

>a castle where the catapult still works.
I know, it's dumb.

Is there any way to see the chat log?

It pretty much is though.
Google "Rainbow Six Siege second season pass" or something

vg247.com/2016/09/07/rainbow-six-siege-survey-hints-at-another-season-pass/

JUST LET ME DREAM ;_;

On a sidenote, I'd love to see them using the MSBS

youtube.com/watch?v=iOrNL3v9VHw

All of them require a considerable amount of map knowledge to use well.
Blackbeard's probably the strongest when used for his thing, peeking, but the others are much more flexible.

>tfw completely blocking off an entry way to a bomb site thats being defused as montagne
>tfw the enemies pelt your shield with useless impact grenades and petty gunfire

Game seems to be giving me some bullshit today.
3 get downed but kill the other guy scenes
2 no one is here and then a mysterious operator has managed to get into the room and headshot me scenes
Killcams aren't even showing people getting hit anymore. Red mist appearing out of thin air
5v4/4v5/3v5/4v3 matches

Ubi fucking around with shit again or am I just having a shit day?

Every match I've gotten into today has everyone at 100+ ping along with sick teleporting and rubberbanding so I'm guessing their servers are crapping out as usual.

These moments are fun but few. Then as you stand there you see one of them saved a nitro just for you.

Shotguns are so fun to use... too bad about the drop off.
>Mid range
>put two in the head
>He's at half health
errytime

Seems like a fun gun

I wonder what new attachments and tools they can come up with, pic unrelated

>"Requesting Tactical Cav charge on D6, Over"

pony ops when

Fuck the thumbnail made it look like he had an old ass giant bayonet

Imagine if Ubisoft actually made a pony-themed R6 spinoff.
And they insisted the whole time that it was absolutely a serious thing.
A whole triple-A game company committing character suicide like in some sort of dadaist performance piece.

A vengeful company head forces this on the dev team for daring to make an intended cashgrab game actually successful while their precious division dies in a dumpster fire.

It's still just a survey. I'm not believing anything until the devs officially confirm and announce a year 2.
>information mentioned in surveys is usually indicative of what’s cooking behind the scenes, but is by no means a guarantee.

>it's a get shot through the wall because your model clipped through it to the other side episode

No.

Clipping parts are supposed to be invisible now

552 Commando or AUG?

Well they sure as fuck aren't.
While the body part only clips for a second it's still more than enough information to let you know where to shoot someone; I've been seeing it a lot these last few days.

Stop writing these things before they put Rabbids in the game

I woudln't care if it's just a charm. Anything more would be too much.

Ubisoft must have undone that change, I've killed/downed four people through reinforced walls since last patch since their arm/leg sticks out

>it's a friendly fuze downs you but doesnt touch any of the enemy episode

Keywords: supposed to. It can still happen every once in a while.

>spetsnaz operators
>tacticool 9mm krinkov
>no 74 or VAL
>no OTS-14
>retard with a 60's LMG
Hipster ass developers, man.

I vote AUG

Side note: Is shooting out your own team's cameras a new meme?

is it me or acog increase recoil on certain weapons? like smgs

it doesnt increase recoil, its just more noticable due to the zoom

AUG without any barral attachment and only a sight. No joke.

oh, so most of the times it's just better to go with normal reflex sight

If it feels more comfortable to you, sure.
I use Acog's because this games lighting system is shit and I need to be able to see further into a room to distinguish what the fuck I'm looking at.

>no VAL
don't remind me

>Friendly Fuze somehow kills himself with his own cluster bomb.

>mfw I'm that fuze and I killed an ally even if there was a window separating him from the room instead of wounding him because of impossible grenade jumps
>mfw that ally was me
>mfw I have no face cause don't have a reaction pic that describes my pure sheer anger
I'm fucking serious