Mid 90s to mid 00s VAG

I'm a huge faggot for Volkswagens and Audis from 94 to about 2006. Let's get gay up in here.

One question to start us up, anyone have experience with the audi 2.8? I know it's completely unrelated to my 2.8 VR6 but I might be buying a 98 A4 with the 2.8 and wanna get lurned

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PBKsyfnXK6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's my GLI

And the HELLA keys for my jettas

And here's a picture of Jeff Goldbloom with my 2.0 jetta

I had an 01 audi a6 with the 2.7 twin tarbo in it

From all the times I had it maintained (which was every month, fuck VAG and their garbage reliability) people had nothing but bad things to say about the 2.8. I've heard it was lethargic, just as bad on gas, and just as failure prone compared to even the big ass v8s (minus the fact the audi v8s had like 4 timing chains on the transmission side of the motor)

so if I were you I'd pass

Thanks man, I've heard zero about them. I'll stick to the familiar 1.8t when I'm looking at the A4s. I love my jettas, but I need that slight bit of extra leg room in the rear since I had a kid.

Come on man I know there's tons of VW autism to be shared

I want one of these with that glorious inline 5.

What is there to like about vag products of that vintage? Seriously? The sporty ones pale in comparison to the contemporary bmws, and the luxury ones pale in comparison to the s class. T total shit.

Hmm. I can buy all of the cars in this vintage for under 5k. I really appreciate the style and ride of them. And I'm a Volkswagen fag. So why, WHY in God's name do you think I want a modern BMW? I like bimmers. Don't get me wrong, but I made a very specific thread. So take your BMW and make your own thread.

Oh man the old boxy ones rule.

Is it bad that I want an audi 5000 simply so I can say "I'm audi 5000" and be for real

This seems like a decent place to post this.

My 2015 Jetta GLI makes a sound. I do not like this sound. Other cars do not make this sound. What could be making this sound?

Sorry for the loud fans. It's hot today.
youtu.be/PBKsyfnXK6E

Have you been using the correct oil weight? That really matters in modern VWs

I believe it's 5W40. The stealership did the last oil change.

That's not my valve train is it?

Or a Quattro, just for the "Fire up the Quattro" line.

Well there's 2 very loud constant noises present in the new VWs. It has a roller lifter in the fuel rail pressure pump, which makes a constant click. And the valve train is very loud compared to most engines. That is over the top though. If I heard it in the shop, I would guess that you weren't following a decent interval or using the wrong oil but if that's untrue, take it to a shop sooner rather than later

Would it be fun to hop up a TDI Golf or Jetta?

What is the tuning potential like? Can you make insane torque?

Apparently the 1.9 TDIs take mods pretty well. Haven't read up on them all that much though, I just know they're near indestructible in stock form.

Had a 2003 Passat with the 2.8, pic related.

The good:
* Got mine to 224K miles with no major issues
* Plenty of torque as soon as you hit the gas
* Very low oil consumption

The bad:
* Gas mileage in the low 20s
* Finding good 5W40 Synthetic
* 40K service

The Ugly
* TBWP every 75K
* Expect the valve cover gaskets to die at 100K
* and the cats at 150K
* and everything else emissions-reated by 200K

If anyone is curious, that tire in the foreground fell out of a trailer, bounced and shattered the windshield of the Honda to the left, and then smashed my rear-view mirror.

An Audi 2.8 would be the perfect vehicle for your wife's boyfriend's son.

*clapping*