/twg/ - Total War General

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/dlc/364360/

deceased thread:

Wood Elves Soon!

Is Bretonnia out yet????

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

/gsg/

DAWI ZHARR

Playing Vlad's quest battle for the ring, and I'm struck that what could be an interesting battleground is left meaningless by the fact that I can just vanguard deploy past the trench...

>no more sept 30 AE release
>no welfs

my body hurts

Will this be the thread in which wood elves are finally announced? Stay tuned for exciting announcements coming Soon™

nice edition you useless fuck

Am I the only one that's really pumped up by Bretonnia?

There's still a chance.

>No Lizardmen for months

No you are not. I been painting my tabletop Bretonnians while waiting their realese in TWW

>opening cinematic will only include first 4 factions

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

G O B L I N S

>Opening cinematic for the expansions will include all 16 factions

Haven't played since a few days after release.

What's new and coming for TWW? I know about the extremely overpriced beastmen but is there anything more coming?

Nah, I've wanted to play as them since I played Witcher 3 B&W.

just a bunch of over priced trash nations so no

Wood Elves soon (not confirmed but they're basically guaranteed to be the next DLC anyway)

I wanna play some Attila, but I can't decide what faction to play.
Anyone got the rolling pic or a recommendation for a fun playthrough?

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

me on the left

>begging for dlc news

Here's a roll chart.

>fun playthrough

That depends entirely on what you find fun. What's fun for me may not be for you. Some that I have enjoyed are

>abandon everything with the WRE and hold up either Italy, Britain, or North Africa
>Tanukhid desert horde, fucking with the ERE and the Sassykids
>Theme or Sicily for AoC, reclaim Italy
>ERE, economic playthrough maintaining dominance in the east
>Visigoths but try and help the WRE rather than destroy them

How are they going to fit the wood elves into the map? The forest region where Bretonnia and the not-Empire factions are is really small and is already occupied by all the minor nations.

Posting improved version of our favourite faction's hero because they deserve it for being better than vanilla Dawi at just about everything.

Based G O B L I N S man.

How can we repay you?

They only get one city but will be able to count any forest as a local settlement to heal/recruit from.

They'll be forced to expand it, I think. A man can dream.

Sweet. What will be the second legendary lord, you think?

>soon I'll have enough cash to buy a better toaster, and run this fucking game

Official list of approved Total Warhammer mods. If you use any mod not on this list than you are a cancerous shitter.
>war for the old war
>chaos divided
>Cataph's Southern Realms
>Lokerian's Bretonnia Continued

>the Sassykids
Oh my lord.

My last playthrough was as them, took the Cataphract train all the way to Constantinople.
Played ERE before that, but it felt trivial very quickly.
Guess I didn't wait until Attila started fucking shit up though. Does it get interesting after that?

Clever

Not really. If you've played correctly, you can easily buy the Huns by the time Attila starts running around.

It's funny sending him to fuck up other people's shit.

Yeah I've got money out the ass. I can't even recruit enough T3 dudes to get my income lower than 20k

Rolling I guess

All-out horsefuckery was the most fun ive had on legendary

What it says on the grudge rock?

THEY'VE WRONGED US

fuck you

Did they patch rome 2 so there are led finisher animations? Recently went back to it and i hardly see any finishers whereas before the vast majority of deaths were sync kills.

I liked them honestly. Now dudes just fall over dead randomly.

gas the gobs

So, /twg/, who do you think will be Bretonnia's second / third legendary lord?

Is there a more butthurt race in all of the fantasy genre?

tips on a chaos campaign?

mainly what the fuck you do with raising tribes and the north

I'm literately not starting another campaign until they come out

I started a Hun campaign some time ago, might finish that.
It just feel so hard to actually finish a campaign in Attila.
At one point you become so powerful that you're basically just jerking off to how many Germans you can kill in one battle.

When are Bretonnia being added officially? In winter right?

________

>It's 24 minutes long and unskippable.

Repanse de Lyonesse would def be the optimal choice, lore trifles aside, especially if combined with a sisters of battle-style unit, of which I've heard talk before iirc

God damn map editor when. Battle maps are shit and the campaign map is way too small. And FFA when? I want a massive clusterfuck of every faction in a big mosh pit.

>worst empire
shitto

Rollan!

D A M S E L S

Been itching to play. Let's see.

B E S T
A
S
E
D

roll, no beastmen pls

roll

fucking Thronegrim Fudgebeater

>fuck around dwarf campaign
>slow and steady
>seige gunbad for 12 god damn turns
>confederate zufbar after vc and hordes fuck them
>finally get my a nice economy going
>vc declare war
>meanwhile greenskins have confederated half of everything south of me
>send high king's army south
>meet level 15 grimgor when i invade an orc town
>mfw grimgor cucks my king
>mfw grimgor cucks my thane
>mfw grimgor cucks my runesmith
>mfw grimgor is the last orc standing and wont fucking route
>barely win the battle with about 1200 dawi left

I didn't have any cannons though. I hate how as soon as you smash an enemy orc faction and start taking their holds, they immediately get confederated.

Next time when you make a fucking general make the pic related to warhammer fucking dumbass.

i think they'll be released as FLC at the same time as DLC 7 and its roughly one DLC per month. Woold elves are DLC 5, in october so I would think December but this is only speculation

>*120 dawi left

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.

>no edition
I hope you get molested by pic related

there should be an event when a unit of chaos dudes praised the gods too much and become chaos spawns

Chaos divided is fucking awful. So much bloated recolored trash.

I want to be molested by vampfu

Rollin

I just want an elf qt ;_;

You´re both fags

Rolling for Empire

>

Enjoy your An Eye for An Eye campaign, user.

Those things are seriously disgusting, good lord

Rolling for fap

FAT VAMP TATS

Nude mods when?

>Chaos warriors have exposed necks and faces

It has too many fun units to be trash, especially the trash units.

>Unironically liking 2nd Worst Elfs

Dammit

I´m I the only one autistic enough to actually force myself to finish a campaign before I roll for a another one?

rolly polly connolly

>Day 34: I have earned the flagellents trust. They still do not realise I am a vampire, scion of darkness.

Yes, it's a game not a job.

But you like 1st worst elves.

A "pseudo-horde" if you will

That mod does add a little too much. Takes forever to go through the recruitment interface with that mod on and some of those options are silly.

A devoted warrior, a devoted chosen, devoted hero and lord options would be fine to roleplay a devoted chaos horde but there is shit everywhere.

I miss DodgyScotsman champions, 1 per god, different kinds of warriors, not too intrusive

Agreed, too little of the element of chance from TT has made it into the game. Strategyfags incl. CA are known to be boring autists, so this is understandable yet still sad.

What if the Beastmen could also fight over those forest spots?

which lord do you guys think has the most/most fun quests

>having to ask this question

I just ignore stuff like thralls and manticore knights. I wish he could split his units up into smaller sections, but then he might put something I like into a section with crap.

Either Franz or Thorgrims co-quest when the other faction comes to "help" you.

>that pic
>shoot furry fuck in the mouth and kill it
>split second of joy
>then get crushed to death by a huge furry corpse

Elves.

>no musicians so it doesn't even make sense to be helmetless

bravo CA

> Tomb Kings still not announced

The WFRP 1e Dwarfs: Stone and Steel book has a brief Khazalid dictionary with runes included, so that may or may not help.