Talk about 50/50 AWD, BOV's, valve clatter, and vaping

Other urls found in this thread:

jackstransmissions.com/pages/crank-walk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>want Evo
>RHD insurance is impossible to find in Onterrible
>don't want an X

Fug

04 ralliart here, it's really fun to drive. Can't find an older evo here that hasn't been beaten to death unfortunately.

How reliable are 4g i4 mitsubishi eclipses with the 5 speed? I see a few for like 5k with 120k miles

>transverse engine
>50/50 awd

need to swap the lifters on mine, also ayc pump has shat itself....

why use overfenders for stock sized wheels?

that cars stance is weird too

looks like a truck you'd see in the south

SEE
CRANK
WALK
CRANK
WALK
WALK
CRANK
WALK
CRANK
WALK
CRANK
WALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was fixed on the 5 and 6

Rallycar

I want an evo 1-3 (preferably 3) for a daily driver

Common issues?

see

yea, nah that car some sagging springs or dampers in the back

and it still doesnt explain the use of overfenders for stock sized wheels

Is there a fix? I'd like to daily one for sure

not really on the earlier ones, its the thrust bearings that cause it. You could rebuild and hope, or fit a later model engine.

Have a read:

jackstransmissions.com/pages/crank-walk

>is there a fix for a hilariously bad engine design

>no Galant VR4
>no Evo
>no Eclipse
>no GTO
>no Pajero
>this instead

What the fuck is Mitsubishi thinking

Do they really think they can compete with Toyota/Honda when it comes to making boring and technologically advanced cars? Go back to making crazy shit please, it's all you're good at

>no ecoboost

don't you get bored of this shit?

Don't you get bored of that dusty Le Mans trophy stand?

>FWD
>shitting on mid engine sports car

bretty reliable. The kind of car that never runs perfectly, but you can't kill.

wot?

The 4G63 and the Mitsubishi 5 speed are indestructible. Mitsu's aren't particularly reliable, but those will be the last things to go.

What do you mean, bus lad? Mitsu has been turboing their shitboxes since the dawn of time.

>04 ralliart
Weren't the earliest Ralliarts from 08 onwards?

>tfw no Jumbuck Evo

does it have a live rear axle?

I believe so.

>want to import Evo V/VI/VII
>trapped in Onterrible because I'm a military goyim
>shipping cost is huge and RHD insurance is impossible to find at non-ludicrous prices
>probably won't get posted in BC where I can tear up the touge or go to track every weekend

>tfw DSM but can't relate to any of these

What would be issues that the car would develop over time?

brilliant

No. Those were just a direct WRX fighter. The older ones were civic si competitors

Proof.

>Mitsu and Subaru never capitalised on demand for utes in the AU/NZ market
>tfw not Lancer EvoUteion or SubaUte
>tfw the US market got the Subaru Baja, and Proton Jumbuck numbers are slowly depleting
>Proton just rebadges Mitsus
>Proton named the CE series Lancer/Mirage ute after a sheep in a bid to sell it to Aussies

How come I can find a million other nippon sports cars, but I can't find any of these?

There's a gorillion 1g tsis in Denver

FnF tax too stronk. It also looks like a mix of the CE series Lancer/Mirage, the FTO, and the 3000GT/GTO.

Is our poster girl better than Subaru's?

how do i become the takumi of rally

I saw a cute girl driving a stickshift Evo X yesterday, I wanted to marry her

lol cuck

Should I buy one with 144,000 miles for ~$2000? The mechanical side seems fine but the body and paint seem fucky

2G or 4G? 2G came with a proper performance trim while 4G came with good looks it couldn't live up to.

>the body and paint seem fucky
In a "Mitsushitty-quality paint" and possible ricejob bodykit way, or in a crash-and-repair way?

>tfw no Colt SR 4X

>Ralliart Germany combined a Colt body with the drivetrain of a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI drivetrain
>Powering all wheels is the 4G63 engine, first introduced in the Lancer EVO in 1992

2GSX
Light dents, spotty rattle can, no body kit
Pic related

was introduced first in the Galant VR-4 in 1987

also my VI

A gorillian 1g's beat to shit and riced. Its hard to find a nice one here, atleast in highlands ranch.

Tru. I just need a new DD that is 5k that will be decent in the snow with not too many miles and gets good mpg

>tfw no whatever the fuck this thing was supposed to be

no want

from the US with my mirage project. love this car and wish I could get me a 4 or 5 here in the states.

what a hot bird of a machine. me likey. would love to give that lil lady a good waxing

heh nice

always wanted to swap evo guts into a 2 door mirage

Best color

Looks sweet. I really want a set of gold or bronze colored wheels.

I sold one of those to a mexican for $300

yea man, I wanted to do the same but the coupe just wasn't for me. idk if you've seen the famous 2 door Evo swap with the custom Varis kit, but he was pretty much inspiration when I had a coupe

thanks man, I managed to buy these E8 wheels from someone I know for a decent price since I needed em for my 5 lug swap and he had just rattle canned them.

You just gave him a hell of a deal then.

Keep at it, user.

cooling issues
gotta keep an eye on the radiator and head gasket for sure
make sure they are clean

thanks man. soon going to be tossing in a 4g64. someone on the forums have made some good strides on using the e8/9 turbo mani so will make boosting easy. but yea work in progress

there's one of these 4 houses down from me, boosts past every day. gets me hard every time

So like, I've been looking at babbys first japanese car as my daily driver and them 1st gen NA Eclipses with the 2 litre engine are quite common and cheap over here.
Are they worth anything as a DD and will they have a spectacularly catastrophic failure the moment I bat my eyes? It's either that or another I6 BMW, which I know for sure will last till the end of my pitiful existence of a life.

For the record, I daily drive an E32 750 BMW, it's getting increasingly expensive to keep that beast fueled.

using 6mg bubblegum liquid today
what about you guys?

those engines are horrid Chrysler engines. will die fast, not sure if it's a varient of the 420a but yea terrible

I thought, the 4G63?, that the 16 Valve GS Eclipse has is a purely jap made motor.

I also own a GTC LeBaron Turbo II and that thing has been probably the most reliable car I've ever owned, despite the constant hooning and having driven it for 4 straight years without a single belt swap or oil change.

I mix 12g rhubarb and cotton candy vape in the radiator fluid for maximum effect

I really really need someone to tell me what car this is. no one ever takes me seriously.

does anyone know?

12mg lemon and graham cracker "vengeance".

Probably a black CJ series Lancer with the stock alloys painted black.

Could also be a Ralliart.

a ralliart?? i think i've heard of them. are they fast?

The numbers aren't that impressive on paper but it'll thrash an equivalent year WRX off the line stock for stock. Only sold with the 6spd DCT automatic (instead of the godly 5spd manual) which cut into its sales and it was more expensive than the WRX. The 4B11T is the same as in the Evo, though with a smaller intercooler and single scroll TD04 turbo instead of the twin scroll TD05H. It's also horribly detuned but ECU remapping brings its power right up. The Evo intercooler and TD05 will bolt right onto it.

With that said it isn't an Evo and never will be one but it's still a formidable car and (aside from terrible fuel mileage) a great daily driver. Cops don't look twice because it doesn't have the bookshelf Evo spoiler and running the plates just brings it up as a Lancer.

plz stop

anyone have an opinion?

You love it.

Slut.

Speed bumps, ramps, and leaves on the road.

>this kills the vape'n'scrape-low'n'slow

that was only an issue in 95-96 7 bolt engines, affecting less than 5% of them. nearly all were manual trans with aftermarket pressure plate.

is mitsubishi the ultimate underdog company

would of been a lot funnier the other way around

>steelies
Why

Have you ever rallied?

RS trim. You paid for the drivetrain and 4G63T. It was the expectation that everything else (seats, brakes, wheels) would be replaced anyway since you were going to race with it.

Pretty sure they didn't come with AC and power windows, too. That's just extra weight.

didn't come with active yaw control either, had a mechanical lsd.

Were built for teams to buy and convert.