>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Git gud:
>Boring webums with sounds
>Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

varden.no/nyheter/dod-mann-i-innsjo-var-mc-turist-fra-monaco-1.1442839
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Picking up a Softtail slim tomorrow. 0 riding experience so it's gonna be a lot of keks to go around.

FIRST FOR BUTT

Kys yourself Harleycuck

How's that GF going along? has your bike even helped you?

my gf is scared of bikes but i'm slowly getting her to ride

>gf

Bros before hoes my man. Bikes have helped me to make a great deal of new friends.

Bike is gf.
A jealous, unreliable, bitchy gf. Just like a real one.

shes probably going to get raped by muslims in the next week

That based parking spot

>tfw no Grom

Guys how do I improve my first gear technique? It feels like my bike just shoots off with the slightest throttle and it's just a 250. It's also really inconsistent with when it does it

How do I git gud

Gotta get that ankle down

Damn, did he brake and tucked front? Touched peg and levered bike into lowside? Lost rear?

Or all of them at once?

He rode a grom

>all dat gravel

Where is news article and coroners report on SEF?

He fell off cliff and died of eternal bleeding. When they found him they could see signs of struggling to move but he had broken back and many ruptured organs.

>eternal bleeding

Rip Axel

Wait what's the back story on this?

SEMem going home from last years bukkake fest died.

They didnt find him for like 2 days.

RIP AXEL

I'd like to interject for a moment.

varden.no/nyheter/dod-mann-i-innsjo-var-mc-turist-fra-monaco-1.1442839

How did SEM go this year anyways I missed the threads

We all ded

>that slight bend

He committed sudoku

>big gay regret orgies that everyone decided to forget and not speak of SEM at all

How often does the chain need adjusting?

Every time it goes out of adjustment

it helps alot, but kinda awkward to have them share helmet and get all pissy when they ask who else wore this helmet. why do you have a passanger helmet if your single?

not to mention, u kinda have to ditch girls who can't fit the helmet, not like you can keep multiple helmet sizes on hand for your pillions..

So he actually died from eternal drowning?

but on average how long? 1000km?

Just finished the MSF class today and just need to go to the DMV for my endorsement and some gear.

I rode on this 250 cbr and it was awesome as hell. I know I want a sport bike but I'm pretty torn between the Ninja 300 or some 600cc sportbike.
Half the people say I'll get bored of the 300 really fast and to get a 600. The other half say 600 is too much power for a starter bike. Idk wth to do.

/dbt/ went to norway? why was he riding home alone, its not like there's anyway but south to get to anywhere else.

Is there any pic with full crews at SEM?

Ninja 300
You can always upgrade from a less powerful bike but you can't upgrade from eternal bleeding

>this post again

Have you eve read the sticky and/or even used google in your life?

A 600cc is fine. A 600cc sportsbike as a first bike might be survivable, but you're not supposed to constantly strive for survival on a first bike, you're supposed to learn.

Do some research user. Also, SV650.

just get a 600 you won't regret it. You know thats what you want anyway.

ninja 650
sv650

your mentality going into this is more important then the bike you buy.

Buy the bike you want, not the one someone tells you to get.

>mom said I coudnt handle a V8

Maybe 600 is too much power first time round.
My first bike is a 599 and ive had way to many close calls and lucky escapes

Youll get bored of a 600cc too. Just buy a 1000cc supersport from the start. Dnt fall foe the memes here.
They just want others to fall into the same trap of buying a slow shitty bike first and losing money on it when yo sell it a month later.

>tfw ill never be able to relive the pure ecstasy you get from the first times you ride a motorcycle

>this post again
busa or bust you'll learn fast or die trying

A 600 is like a ZR1 for a first car.

>he still had feelings when he rode a motorcycle for the first time

Go get a couple of insurance quotes for a 600 and report back.

If you did well on the MSF course and think you can be responsible on the throttle and speed while you learn, then go for the 600.

I started on a er-6f

ask yourself if you have selfcontrol to maintain a reasonable speed before corners
and always keep in mind that your bike takes way longer to de-accelerate than it does to accelerate, (unless you come in contact with something).

you should know if you can still make those decisions when you're all pumped on adrenaline or if you too easily feel invincible.

This.

I sold my R6 after a month when I first started riding and bought a R1.
Don't let the memesters here make you fall into the same trap they did.

Ecstasy? Probably not. Pure unadulterated joy? Definitely.

>always keep in mind that your bike takes way longer to de-accelerate than it does to accelerate,
That's not how physics work.

try it literally then, ride a bike while on ectascy and meth with your loved on hugging you from behind.

easily beats my first time on a tmx150

>no proof

public transportation user detected. Whats the current going rate for a bus pass nowadays?

>riding a bike on any sort of drugs
enjoy your no legs goals of 2017

You are making the claims about starting on a cuck bike. The onus is on you.

Do anti-misery drugs count, user ?

It does if your breaks are unable to slow the bike as fast as your engine can accelerate it

>cuck bike

this coming from a guy who owns thin air for a motorcycle and car.

I had the worst day today lads. I decided to replace the front brake pads on a used bike I purchased and it turned into a complete disaster. The calipers literally had solidified brake fluid in them. It took me over two hours to clean them out.

>destroyed my hands and fingers in the process of disassembling everything
>bruised finger nail and multiple open wounds and gashes

I put everything back together and then discovered the bleed valve screws were clogged so I couldn't bleed the brakes. Fix this and then break my MightyVac so now I can't even finish the job. I was literally working in a puddle of brake fluid by the time I was finished. My new brake pads, tires, and rotors are completely soaked in brake fluid.

Somehow my master cylinder started fucking leaking for no reason and it dripped a shit load all over my ignition, gas tank, handle bars, and whatever else is underneath. I didn't have a water bottle so I filled up an empty monster can with water from the sink and poured it where I think I got some.

To make matters worse, I probably should have replaced my brake line with steel while I was doing all this shit but didn't.

FML

>breaks
Yes that would be why

Only if your engine and brakes are as powerful as the other will your bike de-accelerate as quick as it will accelerate. Most bikes have stronger engines than brakes.

Nice blog faggot sorry about the bike
Does it at least work yet

>projecing: the post

Yep, service life of the brake system on a bike is maybe three brake pads long.

They are balls simple inexpensive parts to replace unless its a moto guzzi or an obsolete shitbike klx or someshit.

>eternal bleeding
Some say the morgue is flooded with blood to this day

Well, I should be fine then since this bike never had its brake pads replaced (02).

>inexpensive
I paid €100 for the brake line from the brake fluid reservoir to the front right caliper.

You're doing something wrong then

How long till i can take a bitch for a ride? im new,gonna get my first bike on a few weeks

Yes, repairing it on the side of the road with OEM replacement parts, because I lost most of my brake fluid already and had no front brake.

With that, never

>tryin to act hardcore
>tryin to act like you knows somethin
>dbt

Generic brake line material costs like, nothing. I replaced my front and back with a total of 5ft of steel braided cable for $20. I used the crimping tool at my workplace and pilfered some crimps for the banjo bolts though, so there is that, but any mechanics shop will do that work for you cheap.

If you buy it from a dealership or your bikes webpage for an OEM replacement expect to be screwed, which I guess you did.

The fuck is that thing? Did you build it on your basement or something?

Dumb fucks just answer the damn question

Nearest dealership I could find, I was 650km away from home when I found out about the leaking cable, with 5000km still to go.

That bike is just not made for pillions.
With a regular (500cc or up) bike it would be no problem after a few months.

If I don't know what the fuck piece of shit bike it is I can't tell you that it doesn't make enough power to pull you and your fatass GF around. So tell me what the bike is you fucking cunt.

It's a Kawasaki Rouser 135, it says it right there in the image title. It is some 4-stroke, single cylinder, third world market bike sold in flipland to worthless flips. You are welcome.

pic related
so what? im new dude help me

That is not even how it works unless your brakes are too weak to lock up the wheels at maximum pressure (in which case they are absolute dogshit)

When you're accelerating you're fighting against aerodynamics, drivetrain friction, rolling resistance, etc. while under deceleration those are all working for you. The advantage high performance bikes have under lower speed acceleration where they have enough power to overcome the tire like the brakes is that the back tire is wider than the front but even then only liter peters get to the point where the 0-60 and 60-0 distances are about even, for anything else they're quite different.

>fake rear shocks gas reservoirs
>that front fender
>headlight bigger than the gas tank
>manifold passing outside crash bars
>kickstarter
>4 VALVE
>center stand

What the fuck?

That's shitty, but motorcycling anywhere involves some jury-rigging of shit and diy mechanics. Unless it's a pure toy Hayabusa or Harely something where you can have your manservant drive it to a dealership with your F-550 and a lowboy trailer.

I guess you are not that, so get used to doing your own work sometimes and even fabricating or repairs parts on your own.

I'm used to servicing it myself, was just a shitty time to get a leak. Luckily I had the tools with me.

Saved for future use.

Ayyyyy lmao

>select the billboards
THERE ARE NO FUCKING BILLBOARDS TO SELECT

>three brake pads long.
So about 30cm?

next weekend is my MSF course, im so hype guys ! !

Rear drum brakes! Like bikes from the 70s that's pretty rad.

So it's like a scooter, in motorcycle form, with 80's technology, sold to flips. It's perfectly fine if that's what you can buy and ride around.

I have 1st world problems and would feel absolutely retarded and unsafe on the roads on anything less than 650cc but if you live in some shithole and don't make money, it looks like an okay bike? Kawasaki is better than any Chinese branded bike. If I was third world I would at least get a 250cc 4 stroke.

I can say Kawasaki uses cheap hardware. Engine and caliper bolts are the softest, gentlest metal in the world but torqued to massive specs. If you get a kawa get a metric allen key/ socket set and a bolt remover kit and a drillgun.

Since it''s 3rd world market the hardware is probably somehow even softer and gentler then in the 1st. be prepared.

>season nearly over

>canadafag

You don't need a "might vac" to bleed brakes.

1. Make sure ALL bleeders can open.
2. Fit a small sections of tube to each bleeder to contain your mess.
3. Open the fluid reservoir and fill to max
4. Open ALL the bleeder and do not touch the brakes.
5. A few minutes later you'll start to get fluid seeping/bubbling out of the bleeders.
6. Wait will the bubbling stops or slows and CLOSE ALL bleeders. Check and top the reservoir.
7. Slowly and gently work the brake lever/pedal fully applied to fully released, DO NOT do this vigorously or you'll foam the fluid and have a harder time.
8. Either have an assistant or use a solid strap/lock to apply firm constant pressure to the brake. HOLD PRESSURE.
9. Open the bleeder, fluid and air will shoot out. CLOSE THE BLEEDER.
10. Double check that you closed the bleeder.
11. Release the brake, check and fill reservoir then test by squeezing firmly. If it still feels spongy repeat from step 7.

Really only two notes:
1.ONCE THE BLEEDER HAS BEEN OPENED IT MUST BE CLOSED BEFORE YOU CAN RELEASE THE BRAKE.

2. Before testing it you may have to pump the brake a few times (more common on ABS and power assist brakes on cars) after bleeding.

Using this method I've bled the brakes on everything from Mountain Bikes to Dual Axle trucks.

The feels

Alright /dbt/ tell me what helmet do you use and how much you paid for it.

>Dual Axle trucks.
I call bullshit.

>fair-weather harley rider

Some variants of the F650 come with a "Roller Skate" rear, its 2 dual tire axles with Hydraulic Brakes. They are the SKETCHIEST trucks ever since they are designed to JUST skirt around DOT regs by having a GVWR of 25,999lb and not having air brakes.

90% of the time they are overloaded and driver by meth addict appliance deliverymen, the remaining 10% of the time they aren't overload they just have meth addicts behind the wheel.

I like to drop the tubes into a container with fluid and once the tube has cleared of air, pump the lever to quicken the flush. Ofc keep resovior full and once I get the new full colour of the replacement fluid. I do the open close nipple bit to ensure all air is out.

>solidified brake fluid
How is that even possible?