What is car culture like in Canada?

What is car culture like in Canada?

I imagine this, but with more rust

Lifted trucks. Cheap beaters. Boomers. Stance fags. The occasional FnF ricer. But mostly cucks in crossovers

Like this

no faster than 100 KM/h
also this

Likely a lot of these at one time.

Based on my limited time in Montreal, Toronto and Niagara, everyone drives a Hyundai Sonata or Mazda 3.

(I've only lived in Alberta and briefly in Ontario)

Way too many brodozers/lifted truck cucks who speed 100 over the limit and take up 3 parking spaces. Dodge Ram drivers are easily the worst and most common of the bunch though.

Decent amount of imports, thanks to a 15 year rule instead of 25. In this small city of about 65,000 people, I've seen at least 7 unique Skylines, most being R32's but also some 33's, 34's, and a sedan.

Hyundai's and Mitsubishi's are way more common in Canada than in USA, for whatever reason.

Not much stance cancer. If it's stanced, it's probably a Genesis Coupe.

>Not much stance cancer. If it's stanced, it's probably a Genesis Coupe.

The BRZ stance is getting pretty bad in Calgary. Everybody has the same wheels, window tint, light tint and wings. Then they go and lower it so it can barely drive on the shitty roads here.

>Not too much stance cancer

lol go to Edmonton or Calgary. I hate the car scene so fucking much. High school levels of drama among people 20-35 years old. There's no appreciation of other people's cars, just constant bitching and insults, mind blowing amounts of elitism, and people threatening to kick each others asses. It's so sad lol. I've started going to Boomer meets. For all their faults they can actually appreciate a car for what it is and you can have genuine conversations with them.

>Calgary

Fuckin' goof!

Huh, I lived in Calgary for a year and never noticed this. The BRZ's I saw were usually pretty tame.

Mind you I didn't have a cool car, just a Lancer, so I never went to any meets or shit like that.

Oh and:

Alberta has a lot of Jap imports but hardly any Brit imports. Ontario is the opposite, where there are little British roadster things all over the fucking place. Lots of classic cars in southern Ontario too, I see quite a few Corvette C2's.

Why dontcha go suck on someone's meat cigrit?

In nova scotia everyone drives rotted out lifted trucka and rusty civics and sunfires which are riced out. None really stanced. Road too rough

bet you're a dodge dick

frig your mouth bud

The events near and around Toronto are pretty swell.

Anything outside of that is generally a Baby Boomer congregation full of copypaste American muscle and Trucks.

I would literally, unironically key this piece of shit

expensive

>lifted Dodge Ram with stacks
>monster decals
>Burger King

Canada is growing up so fast

Pretty close desu senpai

Calgary meet when????

Just in time for me to go back to Onterrible :(

Lot of Calgary fags here, you guys should have a meet. Rockies might have some touge if you look hard enough.

I'm in Edmonton. I've always wanted to check out the fabled Barlow meets though lol

lifted dodges, shitboxes with wheels worth more than the car, and kids with genesis' that think thier fast. All in the parking lot of your local tim hortons

Living in Ontario
General car culture is "its a car" mentality but lots of Toyota corollas.
Truck culture is awful here since most truck fags with the tiny penises use the winter to justify their truck

Civics,Trucks and winter

If you know what American car culture is like, you know what Canadian car culture is like.

Actually just remove the car part, Canadian culture is bastardized American culture.

Lived in BC my whole life, and I can tell you its all trucks who drive really cocky, because big. Hatchbacks and sedans that drive to slow, because scared of big. Sometimes you might see a van or two. Loads of semi and a Porsche or Ferrari here or there.

However, you don't see a lot of supercars, on the coast, at least. Vancouver is all Porsche's and Tesla's, rarely anything else, rented Lamborghini's and Ferrari's here and there. So all in all, its mostly just different drivers, not many different cars. Loads of different straight line racing out here though. (pic related white truck is mine)

Just thought of it now, lots of older cars with collectors plates as well.

East coaster detected

I am glad that edmonton roads are so bad that these stance fags get BTFO driving over a pothole

t. Edmonton brodozer

Tons of car culture in the okanogan/BC

Lots of hot rods and classic cars.
Weekly meets in Vancouver

It's okay. Lots of Asian rich boys in GTR'S they didn't pay for

shit's going to vary from province to province. I live in Montreal and this is my perspective.

cars older than 15 years old are scarce. you'll rarely see any showpieces and when you do, only during the summer.

basically, winter is a no go. the calcium will wreck older cars. you'll probably freeze your ass off too.

half of spring has the right weather but you'll encounter fresh potholes everywhere, and tons of sand all over the fucking place.

summer rolls around and you can bring out the cool mopar shit. some of the potholes are patched, the rest are in the process of being patched. every one in five streets is undergoing construction.

you've got most of fall as well but it'll get cold rapidly.

basically, you are going to get much less out of a project car than you would further down south. most car enthusiasts don't want to spend a fuckton of extra money because of transport cost + conversion rates for something you can only drive 4 months per year.

the rest see cars as purely utilitarian things that should be as affordable and convenient as possible so you mostly see these , but also a fuckton of Subarus running around