/ovg/ - Super GT Series Never Edition

/ovgt1/ race start: 20 UTC Sat
/ovg/ Indycar race start: 22 UTC Sat

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KncYb-8ActY
youtube.com/watch?v=hkB-3mSLOOs
youtu.be/gMu01Y_Ibec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good Super GT cars never

Touring Cars or Formula E would save /ovg/
Either cars are fast but not too slow and provide good close racing with lewd touching. Shitters can drive them and have fun along with ayylmaos.

Hello "Barney Gumballs" i am 48 year man from somalia. Sorry for my bed england. I selled my wife for internet connection for play "i am racing" and i want to become the fasting car man like you, After weeks of drive i finally defeated the first boss shady govern. pls no copy pasterino my story.

>Slow cars will save /ovg/ meme

Going either way isn't gonna save /ovg/, It's giving people cars they wanna drive. But that's pretty fruitless when you only have like 12 people who actually want to race and are mostly made up of memers anyways.

Alright then, what cars does /ovg/ want to drive?

Let's all do shitty karts.

/ovgwreckfest/ when?

Soapbox racing is fun

That is an amazing overtake holy fuck I wish I was there

anything with GT in its name

is this assetto corsa? whats the map name?

Yes, and it's Irohazaka

NASCAR Trucks

trucks wot race on dirt and go over jumps and things

What causes assetto corsa to mute certain individual cars? I remember reading about some soundfix mod but it looks like there hasn't been an update for several months.

This, that mod was described as 'shitter proof' and /turnleft/ might actually be good with them

I'd be down for trying some ovals so long as this was on sunday.

V8 Supercars

Personally I think /ovg/ would be a lot better if series were hosted during cooler times of the year. Also we need to sort out the mumble circle jerk. Especially Sti Guy and Larguu. Sti kills series with his cutting and Larguu just barges competition out of the way.

If you where a terrorist, I'd call you radically unfunny.

dumb cunt

I think we need some opportunities to fuck around and have a good time. I think we need a good old GTA5 car show.

i think we should delete all evidence of /ovg/ ever existing

Did that Lexus just eat the NSX???

#SAVAGE

Drive safe pupper

drive safe pupper

drive safe, pupper

>mfw had to go and manually delete and then re-validate certain car's sfx folders after AC 1.7 broke a sound mod I had

drive safe, pupper
>biggest fear is crashing a car i actually give a shit about

drive safe pupper

fuck off mikey

>Go to Road America with Nyowa and Indy
>Phone shits itself like 1 hour away and I can't get it to restart
>Have to drive around for almost an hour trying to find a fucking walgreens to buy a map of Wisconsin so I can navigate to Road America
Was breddy neat tho. 9/10 would do again.

/blogpost

Yea one of them always yells about how spa is shit and the other one keeps wanting to do group C its really annoying. Those cars are too fast. I think it would be better if we did formula E and touring cars theyre alot nicer to drive and dont cause as many crashes and the slower guys like me can keep up with the field so itll make for more fun racing for all.

You still won't keep up regardless of what car is being used.

the issue for me is not so much what cars we are using - more so the temperatures we are racing in.

i for one do not appreciate being any warmer than a comfortable temperature while i practice for the race all week. no one has spoken up about this but i believe its the main reason why attendances are down

As global warming takes hold, the odds of people being able to join for races will lower and lower until there is nothing left.

rip the series after ranwec

you know you can just lower the temperature right...?

>dont cause as many crashes

I take it you weren't here for Touring Car Thursday, speed has nothing to do with shitty driving standards. It has to do with general racecraft and people unwilling to learn and refine their skills. Because Racecar said it best when the first OVGEC enforced a minimum time. "I don't want to learn a track or get better, I just want to race." This attitude is what causes all the shit you see when racing with /ovg/.

I would say that doing something slow as fuck like karts once or twice would help people practice racecraft a bit, since that can be tough to do in shit like trash public servers. The slower the vehicle is, the more catastrophic a mistake has to be to make it so you aren't in a battle anymore and that gives people time to figure out how the fuck to actually drive in traffic.

It won't, you're to wide eyed optimistic for this. Most people here really don't care, they just want to do something. There is no refining yourself or your abilities, it's just joining in and hoping things go smoothly.

Slow cars actually don't help close the gap, it can actually widen it. Mainly because when you lack power it's all about maintaining momentum, you don't have the power to make up for your mistakes. You'll be left with what you talk about, no one battling because if you make the slightest mistake you're off the pace and you start dropping back. There is no real solution for the problem you propose outside of getting people to practice more and increase their pace regardless of the car.

youtube.com/watch?v=KncYb-8ActY

AMS is the best for beginner offline practice, imo. AI takes different lines and it has the lowly rental kart in its car list.

Or you can do it in rf1 since it's the same exact game.

i'd say its better, and I pirate both

Lets do a race school where we race some slow cars like MX5s and Skip Barber or Formula Vee.

sign me up for Skip Barber at Lime Rock Park

I'd be game for that, I've practiced before.

I'm thinking supercharged mx5's would be great.

Why can't I find any people on servers other than a few base game servers on assetto corsa? Where can I play like on modded maps with modded cars with other people?

drive safe pupper

I brought it up a couple times but nobody ever cares what I say.

>that fucking jump

>caring about the opinion of anonymous
lol

stanced /ovg/ racing when?

Back to the future fans meetup?

anyone have the replay of the touge race?

So would anyone give two flipping fucks about a series which would be hosted in the same format as the good old OVGF1: youtube.com/watch?v=hkB-3mSLOOs

Essentially two to three people streaming and commentating and the rest doing their very best.

/ovg/ would be saved if we had a iRacing miata series

from now on I'm gonna reply with this image when cuckphonse posts

/ovg/ would be broke if we had an iRacing miata series

why is /ovg/ so poor

Having a sense of value for your money is different from being poor, dipshit.

t. poor user still stuck with rFactor 1

you can't be rich enough for iRacing user

I make more money in a day than your step-father makes in a year.

In an attempt to curb the negativity in this thread, let's name some /ovg/ drivers that are good to battle with.

Despite being a little self involved, James drives very well. He's quick, but also respectful and mindful of where you are on the track. You can tell he races in real life by the way he moves on the pretend race track.

what is that screenshot trying to demonstrate

>James drives very well

>those corner cuts
pshhh I see he has been learning, but he still has a long way to go before he can challenge me

>respectful and mindful of where you are on the track

AC is dead'er than Pcars, you bought the wrong game

i don't see whats wrong with this webm

well

>street legal racing redline on steam now
Worth buying?

As much as rfactor on steam is worth buying

this is making me think.

risto lives in a cooler climate and is fast, the finns are fast, aspirations uses a controller to save himself from getting hot. meanwhile barney is in australia and is a perennial bridesmaid. notice a pattern here?

holy shit, i thought it's abandonware

Now that the dust has settled Project Cars is really making me think. With its affordable price of €27 it is less expensive than other sims like Automobilista, rfactor 2, and Assetto Corsa. I am not sure why people just immediately write it off with shitty comments like "ian bell ran over my dog." I think its time we reevaluate this sim and give it a shot.

barney lost the championship because he didn't turn up to enough races. proof that you'll never be good at sim racing if you have a hectic social life.

Apologize. Right now.

Drive safe pupper

drive safe, pupper

ian bell ran over my pupper

(((Larguu))) give it up my man that pass on fuji was the last straw it is time to own up to your unspeakable actions, and take responsibility. You're a lying jew and with you at the helm you and your friends' "goons" are destroying ovg. No longer will I stand ilding while my favorite general gets destroyed in the name of "lulz." LYING CROOKED LARGUU has no space here and he is not welcome, neither are his circlejerkers and memers, Scandals! If you see LYING CROOKED LARGUU posting in the thread or in mumble make sure he knows how unwelcome he is, Thank you I love you ovg!

Is this the message that chased out kira and valrys?

I am glad that /ovg/ is what it is. Shitposting wouldn't be anywhere as fun without you guys. I hope that a really good comfy driving game comes out at some point so we can all play it together.

>without you guys
*without the same 6 people from mumble

I appreciate the lurkers and the less noticed drivers just as much if not more than those who get all the attention. You're all cool.

>/ovg/ now is nothing but le erin mumble meme xd and circlejerking
>this is somehow okay

fuck off and kill yourself

who is circle jerking and how?

Ovg is dead. If you want proper league racing, look elsewhere. If you want shitposting and single digit pickup races, stay. Otherwise don't shit it up any worse.

stand aside, plebs

>rally2k
nice arcade game

There's nothing poor about not wanting to spend 10x for the same level of quality that other games have, just to have a slightly easier time finding good drivers in leagues.

fug

>valrys

Touring Car Thursdays was organized pickup races for people like Mikey to get good in racecraft. We had plenty of bumps in the series because the cars could take a beating but don't be fooled, we had really good races and people drove hard because the cars could take a beating.

Too bad the FFB was mediocre.

That seems like fun stuff.

No Drifting? Sorry. I'll wait for AC console port.

However anyone who has money to throw around. VR headset and a decent wheel setup on project cars is mind blowing. Or so I've heard.

It was. Because there were no points it was just for fun, a lot of people showed up for races.

youtu.be/gMu01Y_Ibec