>doesn't work
>eventually try the screwdriver trick
>filter's mangled now
>still can't get the fucking thing off

i've also tried needle nose pliers in those holes but they keep slipping

any help?

Have you tried just taking it off?

this is why i buy k&n oil filters. none of this bs

Use those holes in the top of the oil filter to place a chisel and hammer the fucker off.

There's a three prong filter socket made by lisle, 15$.

Fuck op,

The problem now it there is nothing to grab on to.

We're you using a legit filter wrench to take it off?

Did you check part number to make sure jiffy lube even put the correct filter on?

Take a long Flathead screwdriver and stick it perpendicular to the edges of these circles, then take a hammer and wack it at as flat of an angle as possible.

You can try to stab into that shit and turn. Otherwise you pretty much are fucked at this point. That shits going to need special tools to remove. Or just a shitload of blood sweat and tears from you.

Why the fuck wouldnt you just use a filter wrench in the first place?

There is no "screwdriver trick". You just got trolled into ruining your engine. Best bet is a punch hammered into the filter holes as previously mention, but it looks like youre pretty well fucked.

I recently struggled for 4 hours on a Toyota Tacoma off Craigslist getting the filter off for my friend.

When the screwdriver first slipped, you stop, and try another hole. If it slips, even a little, your done with that.

I don't even know what you should do

Wow. Ive done this crap for a living and come across some that I swear King Kong put them on. I have never had to tear one apart to get it off before. That's pretty fucked up

The screwdriver trick is a legitimate technique. I remember my brother bought a used suburban that had been sitting for years. He paid me to do a complete tune up. (Brakesf+b, rotors f+b, plugs, wires, Air filter, full throttle body clean, oil change to full synthetic) When i got to the oil filter that motherfucker was siezed on. I was using a filter wrench and it didn't work. After spending a good 15minutes trying to get it free insaid "fuck it" and stabbed a long ass screwdriver into it and twisted it off quite easily. So no it isn't bullshit

They make hooked needle nose pliers if you can get to a store that would be as good as the screwdriver in the hole to spin the thing trick.
stfu the screwdriver in the side trick is a fucking standby older than your solid axle. That is not to say it is not risky.

unbolt filter housing and put in bench vise

Hammer and chisel/screwdriver in those little holes to get it to turn, done this a few times, that's what a shop is going to do for you anyway.

Get one of these if you cut jam a screw driver in it.

>oil filter's stuck because of shitty quick lube place

You deserve it then. I hope you struggle for hours.

I've seen stealerships do this too. Hell my father is anal-retentive about his Goldwing and torques the oil filter to Honda's spec. I'm surprised he doesn't tip the bike over getting it that tight.

Can't tell from OP's photo if there is enough room to get a strap wrench or (better yet) a chain wrench around the remains of the filter.

Screw the quick lube places for shit like this. I do my own oil changes. I put the filters on to spec by hand and can remove them by hand as well.

>any help?

Righty tighty, lefty loosy?

Drill out the nipple and tap the hole for a new one.

Get a large easy out

if you dont have enough man power, and you dont have a filter wrench, thats when you use your belt ya dingus

This this this...get a full - tang knife, stab it in the side and then it should twist

Best thing to do now is take the time to make a tool like this.

You have to make it so that the bolts will align with the holes in your filter base.

This will get it off without causing damage to the housing.

No you fuckwit it's lefty locky righty relaxy

this
works good mang

That's because he's smart. You always error on the side of too tight with a bike because an oil leak can kill you.

The screwdriver trick is legit. I've used it a couple of times on my friends' used junk.

IDK what to tell you OP. That's fucked. Just gonna have to get creative.