How is the car culture in Australia/New Zealand?

How is the car culture in Australia/New Zealand?

Some people say it sucks due to regulations, but I see crazy builds online, such as Roadkill and MCM

Other urls found in this thread:

lvvta.org.nz/
youtube.com/watch?v=FFwH69QeX2Y)
youtube.com/watch?v=iqm6NKk6Pyo
youtube.com/watch?v=qZbPe6PzeQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New Zealand is pretty good. Australia has a shitload of regs, highway patrol likes to fuck people in the ass

Roadkill is American dumbass

Probably means the australia episode

Pretty good. Cops can be cunts depending on where you live.

NZ doesn't have nanny state rules like Aus does.

Australia has had an awesome car culture with 2 major companies building unique cars

but they were V8 focused

and our police are full speed nazis, 3km/h over the speed limit even with nobody else on the road could get you fined

with low speed limits cars like this were not wanted by the general public and only enthusiasts ended up buying them in the last 5 years especially

basically killed our car culture, in 5 more years we will just have imports

seems like the street car scene is pretty locked up due to regos. but then again most of the stuff i see is people ripping skids in cars with $20k+ drag race engines until the engine blows, the tires blow, or the car is wrecked. i mean that's probably fun a few times, but doesn't that get old after awhile and expensive?

We have nazi restrictions on what you can do to your car, and road behaviour. Getting your license requires 4 yrs, proof of 120hrs supervised driving, restricted speed limit + power output of engine + towing capacity, and sucking the dick of somone with a burning pole up their arse when you go to do one of your 4 tests.

Then there's shit like wheel size restrictions, no aftermarket steering wheels for airbag wheels, cunty rego inspectors who won't let your car pass rego if it has shit like a worn break pedal or shitty brakes. Then we have people like Tracy Grimshaw creating sensationalist media panic over "hoon driving" and "supercar scare", and generally being lynched for burnouts or enthusiastic driving. Plus our car industry is ruined, and has been dying for years because of our governments apathy to saving it and people mostly thinking of cars and appliances, and buying used because new cars are expensive here. a 911 is literally 200k on the base model.

NZ fag here, you can throw whatever motor you like into whatever chassis you want so long as it meets an agreed set of safety standards as laid out by the Low Volume Vehicle Technical Association on behalf of the govt. Regs here lvvta.org.nz/

I will be building a V10 powered E30 when the motors get a little cheaper here.

If you are in the cities like Melb Bris Syd and the East Coast in General shits pretty fucked.

Highways are crawling with 10+ hwp cars at any given time, speed traps and stupid bullshit.

Backroads and C roads/trails are still fine and not much traffic.

110km/h is our fastest speed limit apart from a derestricted section of a famous NT Highway.

Australia's car culture is trash for the most part. Ever since 'jdm' scene flooded with normies and their shitbox ricers everyone has become pretentious assholes. Can't say the wider scene is much better, everyone will be sitting around talking and some dickhead will do a burnout, then it becomes a race to get out of there before the cops show up to hand out yellow stickers

Yeah but there are a bunch of reasons for this. Our current road toll and amount of fines distributed per capita is simply way too high. You could pin this on the cops for being anal all the time but they will always be anal, its thier job.

I live about 500 metres from this shit, (youtube.com/watch?v=FFwH69QeX2Y)
it's fucking DREADFUL
for three days out of the year it turns the air into something resembling beijing, and you have to carry some sort of protection or else you get assaulted by the permanently drunk criminal fuckwits that set up camps at the end of every major street

feels like cronulla 2.0

the cars are kinda cool though

3kmh over the speed limit won't get you fined
10% allowance in proper states and the police need to take 2kmh off the radar speed

Whats the worse thing about Australian car scene?

Is it

A. Terrible Laws

or

B. Burnout "culture"

I hate to admit it, but you're right. Just look at the fanbase of mightycarmods, and that's the majority of everyone under 40 who likes cars. Then there are dickheads in Falcons, chinese women/sheltered faggots in Jeeps, and boyracers in cla mercedes.

Also which state/or NZ has the best touges?

JDM faggots and soccer mum mentality ruins everything. I agree that drag strips and 5 story superchargers are boring, but it's all there is when bathurst is patrolled and restricted to 40kph, roads are limited to 100 most of the time, and 3rd world quality, and the majority of cancerous fuckwits leaves actual car lovers to speed to their sheltered meets in the middle of nowhere in their mg or monaro (that isn't turned into a drag car).

The shit cunts who do shit cunt modifications like supercheap auto mufflers, blacked out taillights, welded diffs and 19" wheels with $100 worth of stretched rubber on each corner, and then cry like shit cunts because they get defected

the best touges exist between ACT and VIC, although VIC is the shittest state so stop before you reach the border

Mcm is cancerous on the car community. I don't mind watching their stuff sometimes, but the effect they have on 15-26 year old autists is destroying what little car scene there is. I can't even go to a local car meet without the place flooded with crotch rockets drawing shitloads of police attention. Once the cops are there they go to town on my mates and I who own the classic "rare imported hoon vehicles" then the little cunts wonder why "there are so many h8rs" telling them to fuck off with their straight piped daihatsu's

People in this country modify
UTES to go FAST
It doesn't make sense.
It's worse when you invite them to a togue
and they get passed by a stock corolla

In NZ you can more or less do what you want with your car.

It's fuckin sweet.

The scene is pretty good too, there are clubs for just about anything you could be into, pretty big drift and burnout scene (both legal events and big illegal convoys), track days, hard parks, drag racing and shit. Life is good

>TFW NZ has twice the race tracks despite a quarter of the population.

the MCM cancer destroyed the togue scene,
A p plater once tagged along then complained we were breaking the law and it's our fault police always cars.

> mcm destroyed the touge scene
Lol what. Wake up kid

Its too bad nobody lives there, and thus is a desolate shithole like most of aust

>3kmh over the speed limit won't get you fined
>in proper states
we cant all live in the boring hole that is WA. I'll trade things to do on a Friday night for nonchalantt cops any day.

I'm talking about every state that isn't cucktoria

Excuse you the act and surrounding regions are well populated, sheep shagger

Haven't spent much time in NZ but I managed to go to a huge drift meet in Auckland and what I saw there looked pretty promising.

Australia has heaps of regulations to adhere to, but it's one of those things where if you have enough money to throw at the situation you can get around it. For the peons, the Luxury Car Tax really fucks with anything Euro, making it unaffordable with the exception of shit like Volkswagens. Local offerings and imported Japanese sports cars are the most popular options in these cases. Most young enthusiasts will drive these, and if they drive one they will loathe the other. If JDM, usually their a MCM regurgitating shitter, and if AUSDM they're a braindead bogan or the product of braindead bogans. If they forsake both camps ago go the Euro route, they usually have too much money or no sense, sometimes both. There are perfectly nice people in every scene but these are the stereotypes, and they exist for a reason.

American muscle cars are popular amongst Boomers and their offspring, but the most common car (to the point of almost exclusively) you'll see will the first generation Mustang (65-68). because they're the cheapest to convert to RHD, and because of age you don't have to adhere to ADRs.

Most cops aren't car hating monsters. The ones I've met have been the biggest hoons who use their position to get away with half the shit we wish we could pull, but that's just me and your mileage may vary. It's the Highway Patrol and the cunts they get to run their big operations that kill it for everyone. They will go the extra mile to get a defection because the more fines they hand out the bigger the success the operation looks. Highway Patrol get all the expensive toys like pursuit cars so they need to justify those expenses by dragging in as many fines as possible.

All in all it's a mixed bag, it's not the promised land but it's not Hell on Earth either. It ranges from 7/10 to 3/10, all depending on the cop that pulls you over.

To add to NZ, the thing that got me the most was something that happened on one of the first nights I got there. I was watching some current affairs show. I don't know the name, but it had a panel and they would discuss the latest news. At the end on the show, a male host had a one on one with the camera and talked about an upcoming operation by police that involved harsher penalties and tighter restrictions on speeding and such. He would go on to decry the operation as a joke, a waste of time and a revenue raising exercise that would achieve nothing. I was amazed. While similar things have happened in Australia, it would be on a small, secondary station by an obscure figure whose small audience would agree with him. Never on prime time television for the nation to see. He would be torn apart in articles in the major papers by the police chief and nanny state supporters, but I saw nothing of the sort.

This is probably the biggest difference between our two nations. Our famous 'She'll be right' rebellious attitude has been eroded away by 'think of the children' mothers and statist officials. You still have that. Never let it go.

NZ here, not a big tuner type, but I've found we have some of the loosest car regulations around.

I've personally got a 74 MGB GT, imported from South Africa back in 77, registration is half the price of a brand new Suzuki Swift Sport my parents bought not too long ago. We're probably one of the few countries in the world which reward you for owning a classic, instead of ridiculous taxes. A shame the good stuff is super rare (and expensive)

Also related:
youtube.com/watch?v=iqm6NKk6Pyo

You forgot Tassie, some sick touges here too.

Funny you mention that, I got this rego renewal for my 1976 valiant the other day. 50 bucks a year. Life is good

This.

Sounds like Campbell live.

Depends on perspective I guess, at least with Australia and to some extent NZ, you can roll up in your car at a gathering and shoot the shit with someone that owns a Lambo, US muscle car, an old Renault, Brit-Leyland, German coupe, Aussie muscle cars or whatever and get along perfectly fine, learn and something new. There's a distinct lack of bullshit or pretentiousness with real car enthusiasts and I've never seen anything but real respect for each others cars. There will be bants, but only fun ones.

If you rock up to Rotton Ronnies car park in your Falcodore to meet teenage fedoras for mad skids and drags, you're pretty much going to get everything you deserve and a few more lumps. Its not that I don't like mad skids or drags, but there's a level of personal accountability that goes along with it which means somethings going to break, someone will stick their shit into a ditch and the cops will turn up and canary every cunt they can catch. Hwy Patrol are massive cunts because they generally deal with 2-digit IQ members of society doing something really dumb all the time and after about a month of dealing with mouthbreathers, bogans and fuckwits their tolerance for car related faggotry drops permanently to nil and they just book everyone, regardless of their car.
I've even known a patrol officer that booked his wife.

General duties coppers, generally don't bother anyone unless they're doing something dumb and even then I've talked my way out of quite a few fines over the years

seems slightly ironic that forza horizon 3 is set in aus.

Not in Queensland man. 1k over and you're in the lowest fine bracket already. Don't think they don't enforce it too.

you have to be loaded with cash to do anything cool and there are not many jobs about
hamilton city seems to be where the automotive money is at
the weather randomly cycles between rain and sun
it is not odd for roads to wash out or slip

ultraviolet light ruins your paint
gravel roads and clay ruin everything else

left hand drive cars are a pain to import
and insurance levy are fucked because the acc does not know what its doing
licensing system is prolly more strict over stupid details than places like the dmv

Fucking this man. I can't go to any of the shitty meets for Jap cars in my town because they are full of these cunts that draw attention to everyone within a k or two.

Believe me man my missus and I are saving hardcore to move over.

Lies

> wanting to go to any meet for teenagers in shitty cars
You're complaining about getting burned when you put a hand in the fire

> wanting to move somewhere with less job opportunities
> wanting to earn less money and pay more for shit

SDR motorsports sums it up

What I dont get about ozzys is how they all appear to have nice cars but when you get up close theyre hacked together. Its no wonder they have all these rules and regulations. At least where I come from we dont have that and we take the time to do it right so we dont end up having all this extra safety non sense.

I did put the hand in the fire, for sure. I wanted to go to a meet and see what else was out there, meet other Supra Poopra owners and meet people. Gotta do it to know, and now I know. Shitcunts.

My job is specialized and secure, no worries there.

> wanting to move to somewhere that people put their fucking rubbish in the bin

South Island living nig, it's happening.

No lies. Commissioner Ian Stewart is a piece of shit.

> waah the entire car culture is crappy because I went to a shitbox meet organized on facebook
Lol

And yes lies
Show me any proof of someone getting booked for 1kmh over

No Facebook, that's not my jam. Look, there are some killer cars outside of the Jap banger group. Very fast and very well done, but not much in the way of Jap.

Don't know why you are so upset that the car scene in my town is not that good, but okay champ.

And find it yourself you slack cunt. 30 seconds in Google gives you this poor cunt Jake Cassidy up north in Townsville, and 60 seconds tells you June and September last year were the dates of the limit reductions.

> some faggot in a small town
> police didn't have any proof of the speed
Lol. Either a joke article or the officer ended up getting a boot by his superiors

And no one cares about the teenage ricers in that one meet you went to so don't generalize for an entire nation

Literally 15mins from my front door youtube.com/watch?v=qZbPe6PzeQw

Slightly off topic, does anyone know of any good roads near Auckland? I found a nice (fairly) coastal road heading from Howick down to Kaiaua, but there must be more than just that around here.

The road out to Piha from Takanini is pretty good. And if you ever head up north go via SH16

Yea those three as mentioned, and Twilight Road in Clevedon, Lonely Track Road in Albany are good proving grounds.

the area around Koheroa Rd, Mangatawhiri has some crazy bullshit
fun but only if you have a death wish

Honestly I like blasting along the Northern up to Silverdale and then turning around and coming back down.
Sometimes I like cruising through the CBD just to see all the people walking around, the city feels so alive and surreal, like I'm in a movie.

Riverhead is kind of fun to drive around, but it's pretty far out.

I forgot to mention Twilight Road if you like the twisties.

Cheers for the responses, looks like there's plenty to check out when the weather clears again like today

It's a bit of an exaggeration but the vultures tend to get hungry at some point each month. I reckon they're on quotas with the shit I've seen. Speed traps and coppers tailgating P-platers in a bid to get them to go over the limit.

There's also HWP and Road Policing Command, though I've seen very little from HWP beyond a SS and XR6T charging through a 60 zone at WOT without the disco lights on. Revenue Raising Command seems to be responsible for cameras and traps, and somehow the cunts can afford a new XR8 while the regular coppers are allegedly strapped for cash and in need of new fleet vehicles.

I came back from visiting America recently and naturally I started researching car prices there.

It just made me feel so shit and upset to come back home, I know why we pay more, but man I can't help but feel so fucking ripped off. I can understand paying a 20%+ premium because of population numbers, shipping, whatever. But it's seriously at least double the fucking price Americans pay, sometimes even more than that.

Is there something I'm missing about car ownership in America? I'm assumimg you're not just a burger flipper and have a decent job. If you have a decent job you've got some really nice options without completely fucking yourself financially.

America has more buying power than any other country, so everything is cheap there.

Lot of yanks are stuck on late 1980s wages, so the prices have to be adjusted as well as their population buying power. I mean there's about 300mil or so of them
They also get less variety of cars compared to either NZ or Aus- within some limits you can pretty much buy damn near anything and import it into Aus or NZ

It's terrible. It's either wannabe faggots driving a S13 with milo tin exhaust or bogans in a 94 commodore with a 2005 mismatched unpainted bodykit.

Bogans generally do endless single wheel burnouts to piss off Tracey Grimshaw and bring heat on us respectable enthusiasts who enjoy a goid power cruise.

> Pic related. Respectable vehicle for cruising

NZ has lower unemployment than Australia, I don't know why you are saying there are no jobs here.

Stay away from the gen "why" stancefags and don't screech like a bogan at the cops and you'll be sweet.
Google Targa Tasmania for all the best touges,
re: The Sideling or Georgetown

Fuck you're an angry child.

I'm not generalising for a nation, I'm saying my town has these cunts that cause dramas. Chances are you are one of the straight pipe Daihatsu crowd by the sounds of it.

Plenty of great meets in my town that aren't Jap bangers. I cannot understand why you have your knickers in a knot over this.

It's not a joke article, and it turns out the office in question is now the Assistant Commissioner for Road Policing Command. Shit floats.

Kill yourself, cunt.

do you like hanging around with white trash hicks? because that's basically the australian car scene, bogans and scum