1976 Mustang

I have the opportunity to purchase a 1976 Mustang Ghia (4cyl) for a 1500. Its in perfect working order, just needs some body work. Is it worth it?

*for just $1500

Not really. It's literally the worst of the most unwanted Mustangs.

Absolutely not. Not an ECOBOOST

Nor myself or anybody I know would accept one for free.

People will shit on you and probably me too but It depends on the body work it needs and how good you are at fixing it. Both of those will determine if its worth 1500.

I've never restored a car before, and it just has chipped paint and some rust/pitting. I want to do something that is both fun, relaxing, and I could take a long time doing. I know everyone hates them and thinks they are ugly, but is there a legitimate reason to not get it?

Yes. You can swap in a larger motor later

The engine has all of the original parts, and still has the original User sticker and such. I won't be racing it, and just have it as a Sunday car for my own enjoyment. Because of this, should I bother putting in a 351 Windsor (or other engine)?

Shameless self-bump

The Mustang II is the worst performing and least desirable Mustang of them all. That said, if you like it, why not?

a 302 would would be plenty those cars are pretty light. The 2.3 though is pretty simple to wrench though kinda under powered in NA form. But really most of the mid to late seventies cars aren't real desirable for all the same reasons.

Ok, thanks br/o/s!

No, they're a pile of junk dressed up.

Why is that?

after 71-73 Mustangs it's the most despised with the added disadvantage of a smaller engine bay so it'll be fun trying to fit small block V8s in there.

Save your money and go bigger or buy it and try to flip it.

>needs body work
>$1500
I'd say if the needs body work means a coat of paint, then go for it. But even if it just needs paint I wouldn't pay $1500.

buy it just to wreck it

A small block shouldn't be hard, The later Mustang IIs had the option for the 302. Just finding the ports like transmission cross members wouldn't be fun.

or go dank and twincharge the Lima

Minuses: It's a mid 70's Ford product.

Pluses: A one armed blind man can wrench on it.

$1500 is too much, though. Offer $500.

Mustang 2s came during the American Malaise era where Smog was in effect. If you do get it, at least put in a decent motor