Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

Was wondering about what you know or think of the maserati Quattroporte III. there is one for sale near me and it looks pretty well kept for the price.

Other urls found in this thread:

tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5711705267.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cool looking weird car.

I know nothing about it.

You're welcome.

Do what Jay Leno said, let it get up to operating temperature before taking off.
This applies for all Italia.

its name literally means 4 doors.

Take from that what you will, i know nothing about eurocars that aren't common. I prefer American and Japanese. Also Koreans but only because i have to constantly discover how shit they are.

This is pretty good reason to buy it

>Italians
>durable electronic components

It's infamously unreliable, even for an Italian car.

It might be Italian, but god damn those boxy A E S T H E T I C S make me hhnnnggg.

beautiful car, sounds good, will drain your wallet and patience.
Do you want to commit to that?

>work at a VW dealership in shop
>own a 40 year old Volvo

I'm no stranger to electrical issues

Looked at the shop manual, looks pretty straight forward. I know it's not bi-tarbo level unreliable. Most I've read is the piston rings don't like when the car sits for a long time. I will surely do a compression test and listen to how much the valves have fallen out of adjustment. I'm a little less concerned about it's initial reliability since its being sold by a dealership, but you can never be to careful.

Other stuff is pretty much off the shelf
>borg-warner or Chrysler torqueflite
>rear end very similar to a jaguar xk
>Weber carbs
>York a.c. compressor from a Volvo 240
>electric items by bosch

Bump for more italia

this

My 84 BiTurbo was a blast but costly.

I would guess that maintenance and repairs will probably cost you around $1 for each mile you drive it.

Do you really need more convincing then?

Way more than that if you aren't doing the work yourself, and if you have to ask Veeky Forums about it you won't be doing the work yourself.

Will be doing maintenance myself, outside of a rebuild. I have a full shop. The only specialty tools I would only need would be for pulling the main chain sprocket and some pully pullers, all easily made by a machinist.

If the engine really goes south, there is plenty of room to put something else there.

I've been looking at one myself to be honest, that V8 sounds sexy as hell.

You looking at the one at Atomic Motors for $9k?

Oh, no. There's two in Houston for around 6K, one looks beat, one was reduced from 10k and looks garage kept.

Yeah Texas seems to have an abundance of them. I've been looking at a beat up gray one in Houston for a week or so, could be we've been seeing the same one. The one I mentioned is mint but being from Iowa neither Texas nor Nevada is a short trip for me.

I might be going next week, will take pics if I do

For something a little closer, I found one in tulsa, but looks like it might need some fender work to deal with that rust.
tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5711705267.html

Off topic but what type of work are you doing now? You're one of the few trips that actually offers useful info when it comes to Ferraris but I think I remember you saying you were moving on from Ferrari.

question: how tf did you find parts for it? there's been one sitting on CL in my area forever that looks clean.