Are hatchbacks inherently feminine?

are hatchbacks inherently feminine?

i'm looking at a mazda for my next car (yeah, yeah) and my girlfriend is trying to convince me to get the hatch.

i really don't want it, i've just always thought sedans were for men, hatches for women.

thoughts?

>i've just always thought sedans were for men, hatches for women
No

>are hatchbacks inherently feminine?
why do people say this?
imo, hatchbacks in general look more sporty than sedans.

Get the hatch faggo

That makes sense actually
Most female normies I see around campus/town Drive those hatchbacks or vw new beetles

You're arguing about getting something you want. Why don't you ask for your balls back and man up you fucking bitch?

>are hatchbacks inherently feminine?

why on earth would that be the case? if anything, women usually drive sedans rather than hatchbacks. hatchbacks usually have a "sportier" association

To me at least, cheap sedans look like shitboxes, while cheap hatches look like fun little cars.

>cheap sedans look like shitboxes

that's cause they are. hatchbacks are always the superior version of a car

are hatchbacks inherently feminine?
Some. A Mazda2/Demio hatch is definitely a girl's car, especially in that metallic green colour. The Mazda3/Axela could go either way.

Something like the WRX STi hatch, Focus ST and RS, etc. is distinctly masculine. The A45 AMG could go either way if it didn't have the factory rice on but I've only ever seen guys driving them.

>why do people say this?
Hatches are easier to reverse park with if you aren't particularly familiar with the car.

>imo, hatchbacks in general look more sporty than sedans
Sedans can look sportier with rice. The CJ series Lancers are a good example of this; the base model sedan looks plain compared to the base model sportsback, while the sports trim sedans (VRX, GSR, Ralliart) with skirts and a larger spoiler look sportier than their hatchback counterparts.

Why the fuck are wagons and hatches so unpopular in America? I don't get it.

We never had the good ones till recently, so they always come off as a step up from a minivan to the uninitiated

>current year
>letting your girlfriend (not fiance, not wife, girlfriend) have a say in your major purchases

>We never had the good ones till recently

not true. we always had the integra and civic hatchbacks

>women usually drive sedans rather than hatchbacks
It's the reverse here. Women here prefer the 2-door option of whatever is available, then hatch, then a sedan.

If these things aren't snapped up by ricers it's going to be driven by a woman.

Wagons are cumbersome and the extra space is rarely put to use.

With that said there is nothing feminine about wagons.

Though the sedan looks even more aggressive.

They are boring hatchbacks stock that you have to mod to make fun, unless you get the si, which isn't cheap when new.

I'm talking cheap out the box fun hatches like the FWDeista ST

>with factory rice

>without factory rice

Hatches are better, you sound like an idiot. >Si isn't cheap
>Fiesta ST is
>Si MSRP $22k
>Fiesta ST MSRP $21k
Nigger what

>fwd

You're right OP. Almost every guy I know bought some sort of Sedan (mostly commodores) while all the women get hatches (Focus mostly).