/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.1. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. BootNTR is compatible. Don't update unless you have CFW installed! Use ctr-httpwn to access online services.
-If you are on 11.0, install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, as Nintendo is likely to retroactively block Browserhax soon.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.1 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-mii-modifier-computer-utility.396653/
mega.nz/#!ztYSlD6J!I-mT9tj4JaNIWop5XswtGCNcBTZ8frsjbdiBaWLpOPE
gbatemp.net/threads/coming-soon-otpless-a9lh-installation-on-n3ds-no-2-1-downgrade.443187/
3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws
github.com/SciresM/UnsafeA9LHInstaller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>there is a saturn emulator on the vita
holy shit
how does this run?

Link to mega or google drive folder full of ps1 bin/cue's where?

use emuparadise fag

is there a reason the offline installer just keeps looping with "please wait"? I followed the instructions correctly.

Check for this one.

>emuparadise

Due to firewall at my work, i can only download from mega and gdrive

Like shit.

Which version of Fates do I need to get for DLC to download from Freeshop?
Do I need to download a cia of one of the EU retail versions?

What's wrong with emuparadise fagotron?

On my hacked 3DS can i copy miis that have copying disabled?

Not him but as far as I know emuparadise often does not include the proper file format. You have to convert it.

A LOT of bad dumps (don't match redump.org's hashes).

Like the proof of concept it is

Do custom patches (i.e. translations) work with Vita cartridges or legit downloads as well?

From the other thread, I updated the bootNTR, but I'm still getting the error. Is there an updated bin file I need?

So if I install just the vpk with the pcsx retron blabla can I play the games or do I need to also install retroarch?

try it

Yep, that's how Persona 4 Golden Undub was made first.
Just put your patch in grw0: or in ux0:/patch/.
And it will run this.

There are 4 screws that are incredibly tightly screwed in and won't come out. Are there any tips for unscrewing these or should I just rip the back off? Trying to clean out the shoulder buttons.

So I've always wondered. If that's the case, why doesn't overclocking work with official carts?

You cant just normally, but i was trying to ask if there was some sort of exploit.

You just install the vpk of whatever Retroarch core you want and then you can play games for that system, though in some cases you might need a bios as well.

So has anyone tried to fill up ur0 as much as possible yet?

How's the ps1 RetroArch ?

How retroarch works on vita currently is you install cores separately and they run under their own separate bubbles. Installing the PCSX vpk is all you need for the emulator, but make sure you have a proper BIOS file first if you want to actually play something.

sell your 3ds and get a vita

Surprisingly good. I tried Megaman X4 and the performance was perfect although of course it differs from game to game.

Works very well. I've only tried Resident Evil 3 and Driver so far but they run at full speed. Compatibility seems to be high from what everyone else indicates.

Can someone upload ps1 bios files to GDrive or Mega?

My provider hates me and blocks any other shaddy download site

Pretty good aside from not supporting touchscreen, so R2/L2 might be an issue if binding it to the sticks doesn't work well with the control setup. But compatability-wise it's great as far as I can tell, even Wipeout 3 runs perfectly on it.

Do newer games not work on gateway? I haven't used my 3DS in a while and I'm getting stuck on the nintedo3ds black loading screen when I try to launch spirits of justice. The Japanese version works fine and my firmware is up to date I believe

gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-mii-modifier-computer-utility.396653/

There's no RetroArch for the ps1 you silly user.

Quit being lazy.

>it's a no real custom firmware for Vita episode

So MHgen prompt me to update my system to play online and i have emunand with luma on my 3ds. Can i safely update my emunand? I use ctrbootmanager to boot the luma btw

Is Fire Emblem the same as Shining Force and Final Fantasy Tactics?

Lazy in what way?

>emunand
>ctrbootmanager
what is with these awful dated memes?

anyway, go ahead and update

All the bios files that ReArmed recognises as far as I know:
mega.nz/#!ztYSlD6J!I-mT9tj4JaNIWop5XswtGCNcBTZ8frsjbdiBaWLpOPE

But I use this one. I just need the shoulders cleaned. Every screwdriver ive tried fails at getting them unstuck. Are drills with size #00 bits a thing?

Thank you!!

>tfw just wasted the whole day downloading 27GB of PS1 games

128GB from the chinks can't come soon enough.

is it worth keeping the vita hacked if you want to play upcoming games? afraid that just so i can play PS1 games on my vita i can't get dragon quest builders or world of final fantasy

Where do you even find your ps1 games in cue bin format now a days?

Google Drive dumpers spoiled me too much...

Has the vpk for Darkest dungeon been released?

Sadly not

It requires 3.61. You're gonna have to wait

Most of the vita games that ever will come out have. But if the newest games are so important to you that you'll give up all the old library, as well as start paying money. Then go ahead.

Soon: gbatemp.net/threads/coming-soon-otpless-a9lh-installation-on-n3ds-no-2-1-downgrade.443187/

Thanks

DS sdcard ROM loading when?

Soon what?

>inb4 does this mean i can get a9lh on 11.0/11.1 posts

Hey Kingsfield user, dump that shit on MEGA right now yo!

I know you still here hommie, or else...

The guy said he should have it running by next weekend.

Cool but I already had a9lh on my new3DS since March.

IOSU is what interests me, is that coming soon?

I got a mp4 file when I downloaded the Trails undub pack. How do I install this?

I'm considering doing this WiiU loadiine thing. I disabled auto updates and I'm ready to actually follow the steps, but the guide is pretty barebones and I want to be sure of exactly what this will do once its done
Will loadiine games be cut off from any online features? I assume that everything is okay as long as 5.5.1 is still the current firmware but I'm not sure if nintendo has any detection for this
Are games able to use legit/existing game data? If I were to load up something like monster hunter 3u, would it be able to recognize my old data, or will it only recognize data on the SD card?
How do these games handle updates and DLC? I was told that neither are possible unless you find a version of the game with those things already applied, but I wanted to be sure

very soon

Transfer to vita, rename to .vpk and install

I like the pun.

thanks

your bottom screen is disgusting

loadiine has no online but you can still play your retail games online just fine, you don't install anything everything goes away when you turn it off

>tfw not getting a 5 reply on a shitpost
Next weekend? That would be awesome.

That was just a lie. You can look in the gbatemp thread. There is no ETA.

Nextweekend is in 5 days user...

next weekend is 5 days away

I know this isn't homebrew but I'm not going to vitagen, does someone here use those vita skins?, do they look alright?.

4 days and 19 hours

5.-Open Molecule
A.-Begin FTP by hitting SELECT
B.-Leave it running (background FTP is allowed) and load Filezilla
C.-Connect in Filezilla [Vita IP]:1337 and create a folder on ux0: called VPK
D.-Transfer your VPK to the memory card in the new folder
> D.-Transfer your VPK to the memory card in the new folder
i dont understand ive made a VPK folder in ux0 but i have no clue on what he means by step D
please help

Is NTR supposed to be a buggy piece of shit?

It crashes whenever I open SMT IV and I need to hold down power to shut off my 3DS.

never had any problems with it

Anyone?

why the fuck does dusk and little fibers show up on my white ass 3DS so easily? shits annoying

>Rearrangable keys in the NAND keystore
>Due to the keystore being encrypted with AES-ECB, one can rearrange blocks and still have the NAND keystore decrypt in a deterministic way. Combining this with the arm9loaderhax and uncleared hash keydata vulnerabilities, one can achieve arm9loaderhax without downgrading to a system version that exposes the OTP data, or using a hardware method. The NAND keystore must be encrypted with console-unique data; therefore, this is not achievable on Old 3DS or 2DS.
>arm9loaderhax achieveable with no extra hardware and without downgrading to a system version which exposes the OTP.
>Last FIRM system version this flaw was checked for: 11.1.0-X
>Public disclosure timeframe: 2016-09-27
3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws

Wait, can we play PSP titles on Vita 3.60?? How??

Get the converter tool. Emuparadise mentions it on every download page.

Are you using a N3DS?

Seems like it's better for N3DS.

yes

pls respond.

gbatemp.net/threads/coming-soon-otpless-a9lh-installation-on-n3ds-no-2-1-downgrade.443187/
github.com/SciresM/UnsafeA9LHInstaller

That's a tester's screen. Let me assure you, mine is spotless. You'll be able to see mine in a month or two when Sun/Moon datamining starts.

anyone actually play half the games they pirate?

Probably why.

I'm on a O3DS XL

>nintendo still getting btfo
not really, for 3DS last game i actually played and beat was ZTD and before that was pocket card jockey

I do. But I've only finished a few of them. Actually only ones I've finished are the Pokemon ones. Everything else I have a few hours into them.

No, It's the curse of piracy

Is there any problems with the ffx vpk in the spreedsheet?
i wanna know before i download a 3gb file

Huh?

>everything goes away when you turn it off
Does that include saves? How do those work?

I was projecting a little mines gross too and now i know that its not common im really depressed

meant the whole loadiine hack thing, saves and other stuff the game creates stay on the sd

C64 Retroarch for Vita ? I want to play knight n grail for maximum comfy .

wew, this might actually give me a reason to dust off my dual ips n3ds xl still on cakes 10.4 emunand

Oh alright cool

>he actually plays the games he pirates
What kinda pleb are you?
Installing RXTools and then upgrading to A9lh+luma was the most fun thing I have done with my 3DS

pls im retarded

You mean that Flows tweet? Cant tell, never gave a fuck but maybe someone here knows