/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got run down by the tutorial boss after attempting to flee the scene:
>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7faRubyT_k
youtu.be/6QW_xi-5Gho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ring ring

Dark Souls 3 is fine.

RING RING

RING RING

This the new waddup??

>built up a +6 LKGS and tested it a bit in PVE
>found it wanting, went back to my +9 Heavy CKGS
You, sir, have inspired me to give it another try now that I have Dragon Chaser's Ashes. Maybe even go for an infusion since I'm also running Faith on the side.

>new
the only new here is you
missed ya

Remember.
Lightning Clutch Ring is a must, offset it by wearing a stoneplate ring.

Samefag

ring ring

RING RING

>pointing out that two posts continuing the same meme belong to the same person
HOLY SHIT you're SO fucking smart
new einstein right there

>a whopping 7% increased damage in PvP for 15% increased physical taken

no thanks

The third post pretended to be someone else, you absolute mongoloid

>clutch/plate rings in PVP

It's a 7% damage increase on both the LKGS's natural damage, and 7% on the LB buff.

>tfw you just realised that when frampt swallows you, and then is spitting you out upzide down, thats actually kaathe, not frampt and they're both in on it

I don't understand why sorcerers even even have GS, they are not meant to trade.
if From would just brought back or make INT spears/scythes maybe even halberds/whips

kaathe is just frampt doing a funny voice.

If you're using elemental weapons, it's almost a must to get remotely close to the damage a full refined build will do.

or you could just use a weapon that isn't dogshit

dark and crystal weapons deal only 10-20 damage per hit less on their weapons than typical quality builds at worst

Mlgs was a faith weapon in des

From went full retard since

It's some kind of hydra anyway.
>All those snek heads in the Dark Lord ending in 1
I bet the planet core is its body and the heads reach every place in the world

le hard game

this shirt is hard to read

is it meta or just shitty design?

*cringes*
Not even memeing this time

>*cringes*
*cringes*

*proper bow*

>>*cringes*
>*cringes*
*cringes*

>>*cringes*
>*cringes*
fags

*shitposts*

>MLGS' ~440 magic AR gets about 20 extra damage
No, I don't think it is worth it, much less required. Also, could have just been Steel Protection but I'm pretty sure the elemental Stoneplates are also nerfed in PVP.

Don't clutch rings lower physical damage absorption? And stone plates only increase elemental?

Yes, which makes it weirder that the recommended offsetting clutch with a stoneplate.

Yes. And they're nerfed in PvP.

Miyazaki is a hack.

Anything pvp-related came through Tanimura so he's the one you should blame

The why does it ignore things ds2 did better?

Was about to call bullshit but then I googled it, what the fuck.

which still amounts to less than 7% extra total damage, since there is also some physical. all the while, you get 15% extra. i'd say it's not worth it unless you're doing some 1 shot build. even then, there are some utility rings that could help you more
that doesn't make much sense since kaathe also takes you to the chamber and goes on a different spot and not upside down
no, it's straid

Because ds2 didn't made anything better. It just had nice initial concepts part of which was lost during development (like different spell timings or spell aiming on L2) that most likely predated Tanimura and his involvement in DS2, but his realization of those concepts was between half-assed and horrifying and his post-release balance changes are Josh Sawyer-tier balance autism.

>pvp-related things ds2 did better
like?

Poise
Dorkmoon invasions in addition to way of blue
Host phantoms cant heal with invader present
Estus animation isn't instant
Not limiting lloyds

poise isn't an aspect of pvp
darkmoon invasions are from ds1
replaced by invaders being able to estus
not something ds2 did. unless if you mean the regen being slower, which is something ds2 did but allowed chuggers to cancel damage dealt after they chugged
not something ds2 did (jesus though, who thought such limited consumables/arrows were a good idea)

>Poise
Extremely convoluted system almost completely negated by the nerf of heavy armor and buff of stone ring. Hyperarmor is much simpler yet more usable solution.
>Dorkmoon invasions in addition to way of blue
Died EXTREMELY fast. By the time third DLC came out it was nearly impossible to invade as a bluefag and get anything else but some bridge shitter, if anyone at all.
And DS2's auto-summon function of darkmoons never fucking worked to begin with, not even during release.
>Host phantoms cant heal with invader present
Invader can't heal as well which is horrifying given that butt buddies can just cast healing spells while other phantoms cover them.
>Estus animation isn't instant
Completely negated by dumb overheal mechanic and the fact multiple estus chugs stack on top of each other.
>Not limiting lloyds
Lloyds in ds2 DON'T WORK ON LIFEGEMS HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK

See, this is why DS2 is such a failure: initial concepts are good, but how they were implemented into the game is straight horrible.

Why is the maiden robe the most comfy looking robe in the game?

REMINDER ARTORIAS IS RIGHT HANDED

incoming shitpost

>poise isn't an aspect of pvp
so you're saying myazaki is responsible for no poise in pve?

what a hack

Is every boss I meet supposed to be Hitler?

Lorian isn't a cripple because he stands up in the boss fight.

His armor would look way better without those rags.

But the rags are what gives him his magic def

probably a light version of the alva set

>watching Jund video
BKGS = best UGS? Moveset is dank, damage is high.

To a certain extent, yes. You have to either fight them several times to learn their moveset and get your dodging/blocking down (more stamina and a shield with high stability can let you block a LOT of shit that looks unblockable, greatshields can block nearly anything with enough stamina) or to summon allies. Some bosses have NPC phantoms you can summon, but there should be some players at least for the early bosses if you are playing on PC.

Stagger immunity for player is always bad for pve as it allows you to simply tank through everything like all those newfriend havelshitters did in DS1.
Glad he realized how shit was that system.

>Armor made for a bigass god being lighter than armor made for a human

If I do a bow-only character, and I want to name myself after the sound a biw makes, what would that be? Twang? Thunk? Twung?

>it actually is
kek

Holy shit every single fight is just "swing at foe, they dodgeroll out" i thought you guys complained about stunlocking? I can't fucking hit ANYONE twice in a row without them dodgerolling out.
Whats a good low level weapon for a pyromancer? I'm using a fire thrall axe at the moment.

Ffwp

>Arty's set is 24.8
>Alva's set is 20.6

yes. are you surprised? 2 out of 3 of his previous "souls" had no poise, he likes it better. i don't agree (i legitimately believe ds2 with a few tweaks had the best poise system so far) but that's not our point
andre is your best friend. upgrade your weapons as such as you possibly can. fastrolling is very important, loose some armor and get a better shield (like the heater shield from the undead jew)
saw how much that warded him from getting abyss'd
is manus a donovan reference?

Demon's Souls was a mistake

>non-canon weights from a non-canon game
kek

post bloodshade music
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7faRubyT_k

This, also Dragonrider is a cool boss.
WHY SHIBUYA WHY

>watching letsplayers/streamers
>watching Jund
>using word "dank"
>>>/яeddit/
>Moveset is dank
The specials are really meh, even FUGS is better.

Are you okay?

>Join Mound makers
>Have to get the last hit on phantoms for them to die
>They always end up falling off cliffs or having a monster come in to steal the last blow
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER IF I TOUCH THEM LAST? I FUCKING DID 90% OF THEIR HP.

Post Siegward music.
youtu.be/6QW_xi-5Gho

>WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER IF I TOUCH THEM LAST? I FUCKING DID 90% OF THEIR HP.
To encourage people constantly switching sides?
Go Rosaria, you're obviously not MAD enough.

Speaking of siegward, Do you guys like Siegmeyer or Siegward more?
Siegward for me

I'm going to be switching sides to kill whoever's lowest anyway. And my complaint isnt about being a mad phantom, its about being an invading phantom, and invading phantoms have no reason to switch sides because reds/farron/aldritch don't count for the shackle for some reason.

hey friends. i'd like to make a strength pyro build in dark souls 3, but i'm wondering if that's viable or not? i'm aware that pyromancy scales with both your int and your faith, which should mean it's much more stat heavy than just going sorcery or miracles, which, added to the high endurance and strength a strength build needs, won't leave much room for health. so just two questions - what's considered the minimum faith/int for a pyro build? 60 overall? 40 overall? looking this up only tells me that having them both add to 80 is the best it can get, not what's the standard level. 50 was the best faith could get in dark souls 1, but 30 is standard.

also, what's the standard soul level for general pvp? is it 120-125 again, or more like 150?

Siegward is actually just a gigantic pain in the ass who constantly needs help. Siegmeyer figures shit out as you go along and only really needs help once.

go 27str, 35/35int/ fai

Hehe...nope!

>Siegmeyer figures shit out as you go along and only really needs help once
>Can't get into Sen's
>Can't fight silver knights
>Can't fight chaos eaters
>Relies on you to do his parenting

>rushes ahead of him, takes great risks, doesn't give him a chance to come up with a plan
>"wow, why do I need to do everything?"
come on now

>implying
This is so fucking backwards, you save siegward once when he is in jail, you both tagteam yhorm and the fire and ice demons.

did you mixup the names? siegameyer is in ds1

Is backstepping a feasible dodge in DS3?

extremely rarely, hardly ever

Yeah, but you don't have to go out of your way to get any of that done. He figures it out as YOU go along.

Siegward makes you baby him up the elevator. Then you have to drop off the elevator halfway and kill a demon for him. Then you have to get his armor from patches and throw it down the well. Then you have to get a key guarded by 50 basilisks, trudge through a toxic swamp full of centipedes, and unlock his cell. Then you have to make sure Yhorm doesn't stomp on him. Then he kills himself.

Aside from the chaos eaters, Siegmeyer's quest progresses as you progress. He's not a burden like Siegward.

siegward will kill the demon himself if you never attempt to help him
however, if you attempt to kill the demon, die, give up and keep progressing, siegward will be gone from the game for good

in PvE it is. PvP phantom range fucks you too hard when you try backsteeping; stick to rolling

>Any souls game
>Non-canon
oh what is this spicy meme

thanks! i was hoping to use the greatsword and maybe the butcher knife. i guess you need to rely on two-handing for such a hybrid build.

>more stat heavy
pyromancer scales like quality, up to 40/40. starting as pyro, that means 52 invested levels for the scaling. because of starting stat fuckery, most times your best bet for a sorcerer/cleric build (unless if you're doing some glass cannon build) is knight, which starts with 9 of each. but those scale well up to 60, meaning 51 points of investment. not a big difference

>Siegmeyer
>Can't get into Sen's
>Can't fight silver knights
>Can't fight Chaos eaters
>Irresponsible, dumb, and careless as what her daughter claims (he kind of is, leave his country for ADVENTURE)
>Dies in ash lake

>Siegward
> Didn't figure out to get on top of the tower but found another section of undead settlement
>Got tricked by Patches into a well (even AO/UO)
>Can fucking cook estus soup
>Got thrown in the dungeon, surprising that he didn't get killed by jailer
>Single handedly (if you're a useless piece of shit) obliterates Yhorm.
>Gives a one last toast because he's fucking bro

He's dodging filters.
Worked for me

>rushes ahead of him

He's in AL before you. He's in LI before you. He had a chance to fix Sieglinde before you. Nothing happens until you show up and take initiative because Siegmeyer is the in-world equivalent of people who can't do shit without a phantom.

>He figures it out as YOU go along

He doesn't figure out jack shit except how to get to LI and then he can't handle business. The only reason you need to save Siegward is because he's actually doing things.

>Siegmeyer's quest progresses as you progress
haha, no. if you don't kill the silver knights for him, he's gone. if you don't give him mossclumps in blighttown, he's gone. if you don't kill most of the chaos eaters on your own he either gets killed or commits sudoku for being THIS much of a failure

if you spam backstep eventually they will attack where you won't get hit

but mostly they'll destroy you