/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING RETARDED SHIT
PERSPECTIVE INCORRECT MAPPING IS THE CAUSE OF ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/54fsjy/win64e10_a_n64_emulator_for_the_xbox_one/d847sda
github.com/mamedev/mame/issues/1107
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/54rttt/n64_emulator_win64e10_pulled_from_xbox_one_store/d84n3fx
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/54rttt/n64_emulator_win64e10_pulled_from_xbox_one_store/d84o4ml
youtube.com/watch?v=Dgp9MPLEAqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for zsnes

Second for JNES

Hi tech support!

I'm trying to use the hardware renderer for Mednafen PSX in RA but wouldn't ya know it the thing won't let me change it in quick options and if I remove the old core and try to launch a game with only the new one it won't open at all!

Please send help!

4th for can I play that game on PCSX2 without a ton of graphics glitchis yet?

It doesn't work yet. Read the end of the last thread.

the only good tranny is a dead tranny

You need to download the _hw_ core for GL.

It should though.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/54fsjy/win64e10_a_n64_emulator_for_the_xbox_one/d847sda

bump

11th for
DEAD THREAD
E
A
D

T
H
R
E
A
D

Emulation never dies.

You have to go back.

Cis scum should be exterminated

Buy your Vitas now.

still no. maybe when it emulates dreamcast

I've never used RA to play keyboard-operated games before; how do I prevent it from counting all my keypresses (which work within the core just fine) as also being hotkeys? Do I have to rebind every hotkey just to type?

>dat feel when looking at setting up MAME on my PC

Fuck no, way too much fiddling. I'd only play beat em ups, anyway.

># Hotkey Enable
># If this key is set, then all other hotkeys are disabled until this key is pressed
input_enable_hotkey = nul

thanks

Just download a ROM pack and a front end. There's no more actual setup than you would do for RetroArch, and MAME doesn't randomly forget its settings just to fuck with you.

>MAME doesn't randomly forget its settings just to fuck with you.

Neither does RetroArch.

There's like a 50/50 shot it will depending on the nightly you're using since the last 6 months or so at least. Don't act like it's not a thing.

No, it does not. Or else I would have seen that happen already since I update quite often.

Stop overwriting retroarch.cfg when you update, there's no need to do that.

It loses filesystem_saves and filesystem_savestates at random while a game is loaded and has for a while. Look through the archives here or the weekly question threads at reddit. It comes up all the time.

n3ds. native support for ds 3ds and gba. also vc releases for snes ganes that work like shit on vita. PS1/PSP/Vita for vita tho, but PCSX-R is starting to get good on n3ds. also n3ds is more comfortable to hold imo

*savefile_dictory / savestate_directory

oh and way cheaper memory cards, uses micro sd instead of insanely expensive proprietary cards

I call bullshit. Stable 1.3.6 would forget my directory settings all the time and it drove me fucking insane.

That doesn't happen either. I've been using it for hundreds of hours over the last several months and I have never once seen that. Whoever said that was likely using some weird-ass setup with overrides or something.

Can anyone help with retroarch on vita?
The interface might be similar to other portable versions so maybe one of you can help.

I want to do the following:
>Unbind certain already set buttons.
For example I've had select set to record in the the ps1 core, but I just want to use it as select. Likewise I want to set the L2 and R2 buttons to the left of right stick. However this isn't possible as far as I know in either of the control settings menus.

>Save a separate config file for every game
I have specific screen size for sotn, and I don't want to set the screen size every time I switch games. Also I'd like some game specific control settings.

>increase the framerate limit beyond 60 in a way that doesn't take 2 minutes to scroll from 59,947 fps to I dunno, 72,000

>change the icons of every version of retroarch on my vita. It's starting to get confusing.

Why is /emugen/ full of retards

Why does SP even want RA on UWP? I thought he was anti-DRM and this thing aims for a shitty Apple-style lockdown on PCs.

Fucking lol

MAME intentionally forgets joypad settings when they are unplugged.

github.com/mamedev/mame/issues/1107

This is feature, not a bug.

You can set the file to read only, and the emulator is behaving as intended. RetroArch forgets shit after it's loaded for no reason.

I assumed you were referring to me and checked agian for changing the L2 buttons to the stick. Found it, thx.

The other stuff doesn't seem to simple to me and they are not documented anywhere. So I can't be retarded on part of wanting to RTFM before I do something stupid that requires a deletion of my .cfg or some other user unfriendly shit, which retroarch is full of btw.

> it works for me fallacy
> retroarch can't handle the config files it creates itself
The fact that it's usually people who just started using RA and know jack shit about emulators in general complaining about this make me think it's not that anyway.

>You can set the file to read only, and the emulator is behaving as intended.

You can do that exact same thing with RA too. This is a cop out response anyway.

>RetroArch forgets shit after it's loaded for no reason.

It is doing no such thing in the current git master version. My research indicates it only occured for a short time in nightly a few months ago.

>You can set the file to read only

Hahaha oh wow

Nothing you can do about it.

you're likely using overrides or configurations per-core then. Don't use advanced stuff if you can't read.

It doesn't happen anymore tho

because configurations per-core was nuked shortly after 1.3.6

>You can do that exact same thing with RA too.
You can make RetroArch automatically move the data it misplaced back to where it'll be expected next launch?

>It is doing no such thing in the current git master version.
Maybe they should rename that 1.3.no-really-we-mean-it-this-time

It's not a phenomenon exclusive to people using overrides, and why would so many people accidentally set savefile_directory = "" anyway?

1. Because you people use nightlies and expect stuff to be stable

2. Because you people requested a way to save freaking content data with the games.

BTW, after that you people started complaining about us not setting save dir by default.

The circle of life...

For windows we ship empty save dirs and a stub config that uses those so you can do whatever you want. If you want to use content dir just press start on the option and you can use content dir again.

>For windows we ship empty save dirs and a stub config that uses those so you can do whatever you want.

Do you also ship an up to date PPSSPP core? :)

1. We use the nightlies because the "stable releases" are just nightly builds with a version number tacked on.

2. At no point did anyone request the save directory to randomly reset itself.

I did.
I made repeated requests to SP asking him to break ra.
my bad guise

it's a stable point in time with more testing than nightlies.

bugs happen.

>and the emulator is behaving as intended.

That makes everything better, yes sir.

They don't ship any cores besides imageviewer and ffmpeg. They're all seperate downloads from the frontend.

What's the point of a stable release when there are no stable cores?

are you gonna do QA on all the cores in all platforms? if so mail me the results at [email protected]

We're close to a release now so hurry up.

"Sadly not a lot people can do here so long as the game companies feel too intimidated to release their old games on platforms outside of the control of console manufacturers. If they were available on say, Steam (like Sega, Atari, and NeoGeo have made available) and exposed the ROMs without encryption (is the case at least for Sega's releases) then a pretty credible argument could be made that they're more accessible for emulation than illegally obtained ROMs.
This may actually be worth pursuing for what's available. I think there'd be some value in incorporating in Genesis emulators (for Windows/MacOS/Linux) a feature to load ROMs from the user's Steam directory, possibly even scanning and enumerating a list. This could come off as insulting the intelligence of the current userbase, but it'd serve as a good proof of concept at the very least. I bet it could push some articles with the gaming media."

Yeahyeah exophase, let's continue 'cozying up' to the 'games industry' so that you can profit some more of Nintendo's back catalogue. Poor Exophase, having only made *so little* money on the Google Play Store.

An antidote to this dishonest nonsense -

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/54rttt/n64_emulator_win64e10_pulled_from_xbox_one_store/d84n3fx

>more testing than nightlies
Citation needed.

>That makes everything better, yes sir.
It doesn't make everything rainbows and unicorns, but it does make the emulator reliable in the hands of a competent user.

>You can make RetroArch automatically move the data it misplaced back to where it'll be expected next launch?

Just like you can have MAME bring back the controller configuration it dutifully erased because the controller appeared to not exist anymore.

At least RA fixed its bug, the MAME one is entirely intentional.

> Just like you can have MAME bring back the controller configuration it dutifully erased
But setting the config file read only does exactly that. Unless you had like 3 or 4 controllers plugged in and decided to reconnect them in different order, which I don't think anything handles that optimally.

>But setting the config file read only does exactly that.

Only if you configure them again first, then set it as read only immediately afterwards.

Which is no different than moving your saves and setting the path back and then set read only on the file.

Second quote in reply to of course.

I'm telling you I don't need to cite myself.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/54rttt/n64_emulator_win64e10_pulled_from_xbox_one_store/d84o4ml

Except RetroArch will still randomly write its save files to the wrong location until you change versions, and MAME won't.

Sure thing, unsecured tripcode.

PCSX-R is on Vita now too, and literally just works.

RetroArch writes to whatever you have defined as save dir. PERIOD.

Some cores don't implement the SRAM interface. Those may write elsewhere but even in such cases there is an env to get the save directory and then the core can honour it.

If you have set your directory outside the intended location it's most likely your own fault.

>Except RetroArch will still randomly write its save files to the wrong location until you change versions

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Once you set the file as read only, the contents of savefile_directory will stay the same as long as it is read only, so it can't revert back to anything.

from the sound of it, retroarch sounds dangerous.
I'm angry and I don't even have any saves.

The problem occurs while a RA is already running, so the cycle becomes "load save from :\saves, write save to content_dir, load from :\saves next launch" Making the .cfg file read only doesn't help this.

He's not even using a tripcode you moron.

You know what I mean, and it doesn't make his "self-citation" an argument.

I really should've stopped working on RetroArch long ago and go back to my job at McDonald's.

You're mom was dangerous to my dick last night.

you had a job!?!?! I don't believe it.

I'm non-binary.

Your value will always be expressable in binary though

Transgender is not a mental illness.

>Transgender is not a mental illness.

That is correct.

Transexuality is.

I refuse to accept any gender labels I didn't invent myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dgp9MPLEAqA

spot on

what shader is that?

starfox.cgp

Anyone know how to make mouse control in Dolphin not shit?
I'm trying to play Timesplitters Future Perfect but mouse aiming is really awful and delayed.

Sounds like maybe your Center/Width/Height aren't set correctly for that game. Did you try Googling a config?

wuzziz
anyone get this after updating win10
cant find much info on it
a couple of discussions on github tho so it might be emulation related
also this is the only place i can get tech support on Veeky Forums

That's a GAMECUBE game, you don't get to use your fucking mouse.

How do I get RetroArch on a Raspberry Pi 3 without installing RetroPie? I can't find it on the repo nor on the buildbot.

Someone have the pic of ZSNES personified as a cheap prostitute?

The game wasn't balanced for M&K; it'll be a cakewalk. Same thing happened when RE4 was ported to Wii.

Cheers

>mfw danny brown

Damn my emuparadise premium membership really paid itself off.

What are some really good settings for odin sphere?

What game?

That shader is producing uneven lines, that'd ruin my life.

Are speeds really that much faster?