Paladins General - /palg/

Nobody made a thread edition

>Previous Thread: (Cross-thread)

>Official Website
paladins.com/

>Official Forums
forums.paladins.com/

>Latest Update (0.33)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?11541-Closed-Beta-33-Patch-Notes-Fierce-Competition

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-rez
youtu.be/qvmzT6CSvg8

>Champion guides made by Hi-rez
youtu.be/xnOK-TNKNmw

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Hirez server status
status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ about the game
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=770813423
twitter.com/PaladinsGame/status/780806280789258244?lang=en
a.pomf.cat/opxeuq.wav
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

delete this

Viktor "ironsight" is more bullshit

FUCCCKKKK

The laser pointer accuracy or the part where hes the easiest champ to flank in the game.

IF YOU'VE JUST STARTED PLAYING THIS GAME AND FIND IT TOO EASY IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE PLAYING VS BOTS UNTIL LEVEL 5

Bomb King is obnoxious as fuck.
Can you actually neutralize the angry bomb or is it really just an effective area control every 8 seconds and there's nothing you can do about it.

OK

Find cover cause it's LOS based. If he chucks it behind your team and sandwich you between his, then GG.

Shields block it.

How do I know which decks are best? There's no way to rate decks on paladinsdecks.com

Ask us, /palg/, the best players this world has ever seen.

Okay. Which decks are best?

The ones that I've made are the best.

Which ones have you made?

Alright, seriously you can just ask here though. Which champ do you want a build for?

Inb4 Paladins is an Overwatch clone

The new mandatory response to that is:

"Overwatch is a Super Monday Night Combat clone without the creeps."

Then we wax nostalgic about better days, riding Chickey Cantor off into the sunset...

Eh, I'm going through all of them to get them to 5 and didn't want to bother anyone too much, so was hoping there was a guide somewhere. But I'm probably going to eventually main Grover since I don't mind healing at all and nobody else seems to want to do it, so any tips for him would be appreciated.

I'm in the middle of falling asleep, so I may not reply, but I will read and appreciate any response you or anyone deigns to give. Thank you.

> play Paladins for first time
> use the dragon
> 35 kills and 5 deaths
> "2easy4me"
> game crashes for no reason

Drogoz is pretty good against bots

BOTS

Do people still play Monday night combat?

Drogoz is honestly pretty damn good all around, as long as you get 1 point into that card that makes your spit go 50% faster.

Any more and you cant hit it, but that extra 50% is just needed.

nope I was playing in a casual game

What level are you?

BEHOLD
THE DRAGON'S FURY

>it's a mastery 0 kinessa episode

I don't know, I first played today. I guess I'm level 1?

See

Firstv5 mastery levels put you in bot matchmaking with other people under level 5 no matter what

You're playing against bots, you'll know because none of their hero has levels or faggoty names

The devs are a bunch of kikes that force new players to play against bots without telling them so they think they're really good at the game and stick around.

Grover is awesome healer/sniper.
Your axes go forever and have giant hit boxes, aim at a corner and you will kill what is behind it.

If the enemy has Skye, hold your ult in reserve...
Your Ult will negate Skye's Ult, don't even bother running just hit it a second after her warning call.

Skye getting no kills with her Ult will make her go full scale PMS on your ass, prepare to be focused the rest of the match.

Worth it.

wat? I didn't know that. This is simply stupid.

I, personally, am glad it's this way. It's enough that people in actual casual can't play at all.

Since I'm good at Overwatch, it's granted that I'm already good at this game even though I started playing it only today.

Better than you getting shot stomped while trying to figure out basic movement and skill use.

Also it segregates the noobs somewhat so we don't have to lose a match against real people while you ask over chat how the capture points work.

You still have to learn about items and cards, though. A friend of mine is pretty damn good at Overwatch, but he's being killed all the time in Paladins because he doesn't follow basic rules.

I don't main Grover or anything, but I'd say Verdant Expanse, Perennial and Adrenaline are the 3 main cards in your loadout to maximize your healing and they're the ones you want to have at higher levels.

The other 2 slots are up to you.
Unstoppable, Barkskin, Rebound, Vinegrasp are some of the better choices to put in imo.

Well, this is Paladins, not Overwatch. You can't force Overwatch rules to work in Paladins. You need to know how things are different.

has anyone else had a match where hitscan weapons fail to register hits?

I had an awful match with Buck last night...
>> buck shotgun meme
No really, like... I had a sniper, already low health, I was standing next to her, she was standing still, I put three shells into her before she turned around and I had to actually jump away to avoid being killed by the carbine.

The whole match was like that, it was like I was shooting cotton balls
>>Buck shotgun meme
Even more so than usual.

Lag making hitscan think I'm on the wrong side of the target when close?

Bots play better than beginners but worse than an experienced coordinated team.

Its honestly better than running into ver bullshit opponents early

>Login to Steam
>Launch Paladins.
>Hi-Res launch program activates.
>Click Play
>Button greys out.
>Nothing happens.
>All the "learn to play Damage" and "Twitch Channel" thingies still work.
>But Play does nothing.

This is my third day playing and i need my fix, should i uninstall / reinstall?

>This wasn't posted in the OP

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=770813423

> It's good against area damage champions like Drogoz, Evie or Bomb King - however, if they hit you directly with their attacks it's still considered direct damage.
No shitty guides with false information please.

He does 540 on a meat shot at 0.9 second which puts his DPS at 600. Exactly the same as Barik. If you don't land on them and hit them with the net, your dps is complete dogshit. In contrast, the sniper you are fighting does 1k dps with the carbine, even more if you walked into her mines.

That has info on area vs direct damage that is counter to general wisdom posted here.

Any idea which is correct? The doc says if pip hits you dead on with a potion it will count as direct damage, where here damage is generally quoted as being either direct or area, as listed under the skill when you hit K, regardless if you get hit by the projectile or the splash.

Is this doc why so many people seem to take the direct damage resist even when facing an area heavy team?

I have Pip, Grover and Victor on lvl 5 now

what next?

what the hell is this "rank" shit

Beat me to it.

>put my name on /palg/ ID list and add a bunch of people from the list as referrers
>check Paladins a few days later
>referred friends: 0
t-thanks guys

It's broken. I don't have referals either.

>stick bomb to people and they do no damage
>someone on the enemy team picked skye with her toothpick hitbox and broken ult of infinite damage and instant explosion
I just want to blast people to the stratosphere

No it's because in common FPS terminology "direct damage" is almost ONLY used to refer to when you hit someone directly with a weapon that can also do AOE. HiRez just used fucking stupid terminology.

Bomb King's bomb are deployables. They can be destroyed (frequently by splash damage) and will fall off when people use their escape moves. Keep chucking them grumpy and poppy bombs, Don't ever try to stick more than 2-3 bombs on someone.

Of course they do, if they used """""Overwatch""""" terminology like they did, they would be a rip off copy of Overwatch.

I add everyone on the list whenever I can. I didnt forget about you bro

How do i get on "the list"?

>movement impairing card reduces damage from purple girl of broken ult
Wish someone told me sooner

I'm level 17, can I still add people as having referred me?

Sure, but he's correct. They're bugged. Sometimes they just do no damage.

Im talking quake and shit man

it might have something to do with verifying emails? you can play without verifying it so a lot of people here might not have. Just an idea but it mostly might be buggy

What's the point of being able to increase drogoz's spit speeds beyond the first level?

You know what? I just did a quick and dirty DPS calculation (Not counting skills snyergy) and the disparity in DPS inside each role is surprising.

Frontline:
Ruckus (1325 with fully spunned up minigun, but you'll have to be an idiot to stand there)
Burick (600 with meatshots, probably more if you count turret, 300, marks and headshot which is 1k, total around 1.3k)
Makoa (600 with cannon)
Fernando (400, he might as well use a hairdryer)

Damage:
Bomb King (1667++ but good luck hitting anyone with them)
Victor (1300 with a COD rifle, no wonder the most boring class is the most effective)
Drogoz (1117 with a rocket launcher direct hit. Pretty decent but actual time to kill will probably be higher since he shoots slower and more likely to overkill)
Kinessa (1k with carbine, but might as well be 0 when aiming down scope)
Cassie (933, that's pretty low for a walking pair of tits)

Support:
Grover (1200k per axe at max range but I don't have the character so I can't test how fast he throws. I assume that it's around 1 second from what I spectate)
Grohk (850, it actually shoots at the same rate as Vicktor so you'll still have to aim with it)
Pip (600 direct hit, nothing else to say really)

Flanker
Skye (1500 with a easy as shit weapon to aim. No wonder people are raging)
Androxsus (1300 and can fan for more)
Evie (930 dps with a direct hit)
Buck (600, go cry in a corner baldy)

I don't think so, might have to reinstall just to hear the announcer's voice and the Chickey... Chickey Cantor! theme music again.

add The Wise One on steam and ask

There's no real reason to increase it at all, I think. If it's slower, it makes it easier to hit it mid air..

I've been on the list for several hours. Where is my add slunt?

Which cards should I use for Makoa?

You selfish, miserable TWERP

If you're not adding others, don't expect an add back?

Perhaps. I've accepted a lot of unrelated requests anyway. Every time I start getting annoyed and telling people to get on the point or trigger payload OT someone adds me.

If you don;t care about the AE attack, spit is an easy 30% increase to rocket damage. Drogoz cards are kinda shitty, so you can turn it into an extra attack without much issue. I have never done it, but I guess you could.

twitter.com/PaladinsGame/status/780806280789258244?lang=en

PTS is up

Voice chat when?
a.pomf.cat/opxeuq.wav

you can shoot a rocket and spit at it for maximum hostility

when does the patch go live, is all I care about.

Evies dps is off. Its either going to be 1209 or 1488, though the first is enough to 2 shot most anyone she should be attacking bar bomb king.

Skyes is also off, Shes going to do 1800+ 30% max hp + crit damage since shes hitscan.

Andys headshots are enough to 3 shot nearly anyone at pretty good range. Not sure his actual dps but its certainly higher.

About damn time. Now post the fucking patch notes Hi-Rez.

>pts
Pardon?

Public Test Server. You can slut it up with Ying before the patch.

We still don't know

forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102
It's the patch test server

Someone go test Skyes ult quick. That shit better be put in the dumpster where it belongs.

This.

Whenever I play Pip, I get add requests after the match.

Probably has something to do with actually healing? Nah. They must just be furry pervs.

>king bomb on team
>constantly trying to get pro frags with stickies
>not once did I see a grumpy bomb
I'm done for today

Changes list where?

>Was supposed to be up last week
>Patch was supposed to come out this week
>PTS goes up this week so patch probably comes out next week

Fucking hirez

>investing this much into a ftp game
If this isn't a fun diversion then I don't know how to help. Who cares about patches dawg?

This post is fucking stupid.

Everyone.

haha yeah dude who cares about patches and sheit it's pretty much call of duty anyway

go work on your game instead of posting retarded shit like this

>skye weapon
>easy to aim
>only effective at point-blank range where any movement of target require over 50 degree aim adjustment + wastes huge amount of ammo when spraying.
This shit is OP only against retards that stand on one place like dumb fucks and take over a second to react when somebody start shooting them.

I'm sorry.
I wished i could hit them more consistently at range but it's pretty obvious that's not what he's good for.
I'll spec in grumpy bomb and see if i can get better at sticking people 2-3 times after the stun

I don't have her unlocked so I can't go out with her for a test run so I'm basing it off what the skill card is telling me. Also comparing skills is messy because some characters trade damage skills for utility and vice-versa, it's easier to make a comparison when we assume they are all on cool-down.

Also, I think all the bullet weapons have a 50% headshot multiplier bonus, I tested with Victor, Burick and of course Kanesa.

Evies blink damage buff is permanently maintainable for the 1209, and will always be used if she goes for a kill. The double buff with ice block is harder to achieve but possible. Good to know about the headshot multiplier, I kept meaning to check but never got around to it.

Any Idea what causes some of Kinessas sniper shots to hit way harder than normal? She can crit for 1950 instead of the normal 1300ish, but I didn't figure it out.

Apparently the match history screen still shows KDA. I did not know that. Hope they don't change it.

KDA encourages cod players. Elimination does it's very fucking best to teach them that it's about playing the God damn objective taking game.